PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Request Happy Father's Day, Planeteers!

Mr. Kotter
06-19-2010, 10:57 PM
Mothers are great, and very deserving of their Mother's Day celebration. But, modern Dads especially...we all deserve a huge pat on the back, extra affection and a steak, or whatever else our loved ones can do to express their gratitude. Our generations are the first to deal with the new paradigm of post-feminist sociological implications, and we are inventing it as we go. Though not perfect, the world is a better place...than it was.

Lord knows I'm far from perfect, but I try; I try very hard to be a good dad. I know most of us do. And even if we fall short, most of us do the best we can...at least if we are really trying. Let us pray that each dad here resolves to be a better dad, every year.

I lost my dad this year. He wasn't a great or highly accomplished human being; but he tried to be a good dad most of the time, and he did the best he was capable of doing--because he wanted a better life for me. I hold him blameless for any of my own short-comings; because he did the best he could, given the limited gifts God gave him.

Parenting (done right) is the toughest job ever. Bar none. If I'd known parenting was this difficult, I may have opted for a vasectomy at age 21--though with my luck, it wouldn't have "taken" then either. My point is...despite the difficulties, it's also the most rewarding job on the Planet--this or any other. So, even though it's not easy...try to cherish every moment. Your kids are your legacy to the world. Make it count.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to every single one of you who qualify! :toast:

threebag
06-19-2010, 11:00 PM
Is MTG 10 able to celebrate for the one that is not his too?

Mr. Kotter
06-19-2010, 11:02 PM

Fatherhood is not about sperm-donation; it's about being a....Dad.

Mr. Kotter
06-19-2010, 11:19 PM
Just to be clear; no disrespect meant. Your Dad is NOT whoever knocked up Mom...Dad is the guy who was/is there for you, as you grow up....to play catch, to teach you about girls, to teach you to defend yourself and to drive, and to make good choices in life. THAT is who "Dad" is...and who Father's Day is suppose to celebrate (not just some hornball who busted a nut one night when mommy got frisky.)

LaChapelle
06-19-2010, 11:28 PM
Take a few seconds off to yourself today
and go shake your dick at something other than a urnial cake
fell it's heft as it whips in the breeze of the day

Bane
06-20-2010, 06:27 AM
Gonna take my boys to Hawn St park,and do the 9 mile hike today.Then we're hitting the lake to cool down and take a break before grilling these fat ass rib eyes......Happy fathers day to my fellow CP fathers.

boogblaster
06-20-2010, 07:14 AM
HFD ... enjoy your children, in reality they're all you have ....

Over-Head
06-20-2010, 07:58 AM
Just got off a video chat with wife and son who sent me e-cards, now gonna go back to bed.
Cooking up a traditional `Newfie Jiggs dinner`for the Bro and his wife today, brought everything back with my when I flew out from home.

ONLY a Newfie would pack an additional suit case with food for cooking.:D

Jiggs dinner
http://hubpages.com/hub/NEWFOUNDLAND-BOILED-DINNER---JIGS-DINNER

Mr. Kotter
06-20-2010, 08:45 AM
Picnic in the park. My three youngest are hanging around with friends, and going swimming this afternoon. My soon-to-be Freshman has his first HS football camp--he's pumped.

vailpass
06-20-2010, 09:19 AM

WTF?:D

vailpass
06-20-2010, 09:19 AM
Yes, HFD to all dads.
For all you do, this buds for you.

MOhillbilly
06-20-2010, 09:21 AM
paid my respects as the sun came up with a couple cold ones at the cemetery. Gonna enjoy mine with some eats a couple dozen more cold ones.

JOhn
06-20-2010, 09:40 AM
Happy Fathers Day guys.....

Doing laundry for my kids, then off to work. Doing what us single dads must do.

(and no I'm not bitching, I'm proud of what & how I do it)

Bowser
06-20-2010, 09:47 AM
Have a good one, dads. Not sure what the wife and kid have in store for me today, but hopefully it involves a hot, juicy steak and a cold one or three.....

vailpass
06-20-2010, 09:51 AM
I've heard that today there is much confusion in Harlem. What is that all about?

CaliforniaChief
06-20-2010, 10:00 AM
Kotter....does this also apply to all of us gay California fathers too??? :D

ChiTown
06-20-2010, 10:03 AM
Wow.

My kids got me a new I-Touch for Fathers Day and my wife got me a Nike Dry Fit golf shirt and shorts.

:)

HFD to all the Fathers out there. :clap:

EWOK
06-20-2010, 10:34 AM
It is said “Anyone can be a Father but it takes someone special to be a Dad”.
This Father’s Day I want to thank all the Men who stand up against the tide for what is right, defending the line in the sand between right and wrong. To the Men who take responsibilities for their actions when others who shirk theirs, To the Men who resist being permissive, saying “No to a society that wants to reduce us to irrelevant, stupid, knuckle dragging Neanderthals. To the Men who relentlessly sacrifice themselves for their families. Lastly to the Men who without equal love their wives and children.
To those Men “Happy Father’s Day”

RNR
06-20-2010, 11:07 AM
Happy Fathers Day guys.....

Doing laundry for my kids, then off to work. Doing what us single dads must do.

(and no I'm not bitching, I'm proud of what & how I do it)

John you will reap much reward for your efforts. I sure you already do. However your kids will reflect back knowing you stood the test and did what you had to do to raise them~

gblowfish
06-20-2010, 11:20 AM
To all the dads out there today....
You Da Man! You Da Man!!!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NP4O6l5zbN4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NP4O6l5zbN4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

go bo
06-20-2010, 11:53 AM
Fatherhood is not about sperm-donation; it's about being a....Dad.right on brother!!!

and a happy father's day to you rob...

you're a good dad and your kids are lucky to have you as their father...

go bo
06-20-2010, 11:59 AM
Just got off a video chat with wife and son who sent me e-cards, now gonna go back to bed.
Cooking up a traditional `Newfie Jiggs dinner`for the Bro and his wife today, brought everything back with my when I flew out from home.

ONLY a Newfie would pack an additional suit case with food for cooking.:D

Jiggs dinner
http://hubpages.com/hub/NEWFOUNDLAND-BOILED-DINNER---JIGS-DINNER when my wife's relatives come back from the island, they bring one suitcase and two humongous coolers with all sorts of goodies to eat...

RJ
06-20-2010, 02:52 PM
Happy Fathers Day fellas, hope it's a good one.

Got the HFD call from both my grown sons, got the cards and gifts from my wife and little girl. They gave me a sweet Chiefs hat and a Ravens beer glass, only I can't wear the hat tday cause it's white and I'm grilling and I don't want it trashed the first time I wore it. But there is certainly nothing to stop me from using that beer glass. :D

Grilling asparagus, corn, turkey burgers and dogs. Made some salsa and some pico and some Krab dip, the cooler is full and the beer is cold. I think I have all the bases covered.

KCUnited
06-20-2010, 03:40 PM
"Someday, after I'm gone, you'll be asked about me. Those stories you tell is what I live my life for everyday. Tell them everything, mistakes I've made, the love I felt, tell it all..."

Mr. Kotter
06-20-2010, 08:29 PM
right on brother!!!

and a happy father's day to you rob...

you're a good dad and your kids are lucky to have you as their father...

Thanks, John. I kinda think of you as the online version of Dad-I-never-had. Thanks, man.

Best wishes to you and yours as well. :toast: