PDA

View Full Version : Football Cam Thomas on his way to HOF career

Hammock Parties
06-21-2010, 04:51 PM
Fire Pioli!

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/6/21/1528983/looks-like-cam-thomas-will-be-the#comments

"San Diego announced they cut nose tackle Ian Scott,"

"Scott, 28, wound up starting down last season's stretch due to numerous injuries, but he was never a realistic option to handle two-gapping duties in the 3-4. Rookie Cam Thomas was more impressive at OTAs. "

KCrockaholic
06-21-2010, 06:56 PM
I don't care. Cam Thomas must be the greatest NT of all time.

Buck
06-21-2010, 06:57 PM
Ok, I've asked before but not gotten an answer. Why is Cam Thomas a meme here?

BossChief
06-21-2010, 07:05 PM
Ok, I've asked before but not gotten an answer. Why is Cam Thomas a meme here?
A few people here think he should have been our pick anywhere from the second to fifth round and are still butthurt that he wasn't the pick because of our need at the position. Predraft, some of the experts here thought he was a late second round talent and thought he was "such a bargain" if we would have chosen him anytime after 2a.

Buck
06-21-2010, 07:06 PM
A few people here think he should have been our pick anywhere from the second to fifth round and are still butthurt that he wasn't the pick because of our need at the position. Predraft, some of the experts here thought he was a late second round talent and thought he was "such a bargain" if we would have chosen him anytime after 2a.

Ok. He was on the Chargers Draft Board as well, some people thought we were going to take him with the 28th overall pick before we traded it for the 12th and got Ryan Matthews. Then all the Chargers fans were upset every time we didn't pick him in the 2nd to 4th round also. Finally we got him in the 5th and were very happy.

BossChief
06-21-2010, 07:12 PM
Ok. He was on the Chargers Draft Board as well, some people thought we were going to take him with the 28th overall pick before we traded it for the 12th and got Ryan Matthews. Then all the Chargers fans were upset every time we didn't pick him in the 2nd to 4th round also. Finally we got him in the 5th and were very happy.

some underlining issue has to be at play with the guy.

He is a better talent than where he finally went in the draft.

Mr. Laz
06-21-2010, 09:06 PM
if by butthurt you mean some think it was moronic to pass on all the talent at such a big position of need ... then yes, people are "butthurt"

we had our choice of every NT except for Dan Williams and we passed

Pablo
06-21-2010, 09:12 PM
if by butthurt you mean some think it was moronic to pass on all the talent at such a big position of need ... then yes, people are "butthurt"

we had our choice of every NT except for Dan Williams and we passedYeah, that's what he meant by butthurt.

Mr. Laz
06-21-2010, 09:16 PM
Yeah, that's what he meant by butthurt.
you say butthurt, i say intelligent

maybe you guys have a mixed up butt/brain location problem :evil:

BossChief
06-21-2010, 10:42 PM
you say butthurt, i say intelligent

maybe you guys have a mixed up butt/brain location problem :evil:

or maybe some here (like you for instance) think that everything is black and white and that you can make the most educated decisions with about 60% of the available data to make said decisions with.

Id say that guys like Pioli and Romeo have far better insight into who is worthy of being selected than "internet experts" but to each his own, whatever makes you feel all warm and cozy inside Laz. I'm sure you have interviewed the guy, talked to his coaches, seen all of his game film, seen his test results and all of the other things that are indicators of how a player will transition his game to the pros and at what level that happens at and most importantly how he would handle the money that comes with a higher round selection.

Shit, its not like all 32 teams passed on him until the late fifth round or anything

hold on...

GO MIGHTY MICE!!!

wazu
06-21-2010, 11:03 PM
Id say that guys like Pioli and Romeo have far better insight into who is worthy of being selected than "internet experts"

The cool thing is, we'll know this once and for all within another few years. ChiefsPlanet has a game, thanks to Rainman, which started at the same time Pioli was hired. In this game, a handful of us inherited the same team he did, and are doing things our own way.

So stay tuned (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204569).

BossChief
06-21-2010, 11:35 PM
The cool thing is, we'll know this once and for all within another few years. ChiefsPlanet has a game, thanks to Rainman, which started at the same time Pioli was hired. In this game, a handful of us inherited the same team he did, and are doing things our own way.

So stay tuned (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204569).
thats all well and good (and fun) in a fantasy land, trouble is that it isnt realistic. I can say that I would have taken Orakpo last year over Tyson Jackson, but the results he has in Washington are totally different than what he would have had in KC with different players around him/coaches/management/utilization/etc.

Look at Pollard for example and how he was misused here and surrounded with inferior talent but seemingly thrived with better players around him and utilized properly in the scheme in Houston.

There are simply too many outside factors at play to try to have something like that be accurate, but it does seem like a fun idea. I think I even suggested something similar and didnt even know someone had already done it.

salame
06-22-2010, 12:51 AM
Pollard took some of Cushing's roids

Ralphy Boy
06-22-2010, 06:15 PM

we had our choice of every NT except for Dan Williams and we passed

My butt still hurts.

Time for Dane to come in and tell me what an idiot I am.

wazu
06-22-2010, 07:10 PM
thats all well and good (and fun) in a fantasy land, trouble is that it isnt realistic. I can say that I would have taken Orakpo last year over Tyson Jackson, but the results he has in Washington are totally different than what he would have had in KC with different players around him/coaches/management/utilization/etc.

While those things do make a difference, I think it's safe to say that in a few years it will be blatantly obvious who would have done the better job, even with adjusted expectations. If Planeteers are consistently drafting Pro-Bowlers and have franchise QBs at the helm, I don't think any of us are going to accept the premise that the same players would have been busts had Pioli drafted them.

Gadzooks
06-22-2010, 07:18 PM
The first step, of a few, on the way to Canton.