PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Andy Studabaker

BossChief
06-23-2010, 01:02 PM
Will be on Chiefs Red Zone in about an hour at 3pm central time.

Thought Id pass the info on...

Hog's Gone Fishin
06-23-2010, 01:13 PM
2 picks against the steelers ! Studabaker Rocks!

Titty Meat
06-23-2010, 01:46 PM
Scrub.

-King-
06-23-2010, 02:17 PM
Not verbatim but he said "Seeing the success of Boomer Grigsby, haley has started putting me on some offensive plays to be the fullback"
Posted via Mobile Device

Hog's Gone Fishin
06-23-2010, 02:36 PM
Not verbatim but he said "Seeing the success of Boomer Grigsby, haley has started putting me on some offensive plays to be the fullback"
Posted via Mobile Device

:facepalm:

"Bob" Dobbs
06-23-2010, 02:46 PM
Uhhhh.... That was Grunny, not Studebaker.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-23-2010, 04:43 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Just...wow.

BossChief
06-24-2010, 02:30 AM
http://prod.www.chiefs.clubs.nfl.com/media-center/audio/The-Red-Zone-6-23-10/18e7b048-8cf3-45b2-8ff0-5d246a7539aa

Here's a summary:

Holy mother of god.

Soren thinks Cassel had a good year last year.

Grunny thinks there will be a real QB position with Matt and Brodie. "if this guy (Matt) isnt working out, they are gonna try something else"

Casey Weigman should be the starter om MNF -grunny
Doesnt think Waters has the LG spot locked down, thinks he should be a mentor going forward -grunny

Thinks the line will be:
Albert
Lilja
Weigman
Asamough
?

"kickoff will be at 9:15 and if we get the ball Weis said DMC will be on the field by 9:17"...will be used to move around and create mismatches. Slot, coming out of backfield...trying to get matched up on linebackers.

We will have plays that are ran out of 15 different formations.

"Bowe has used these mistakes to mature"

9-7 is Grunnys prediction for our record.

(Andys part starts at around the 42 minute mark)

learned a lot from Vrabel...is constantly asking him questions.

(lots of worthless fluff stuff here)

one day at a time...trying to get better everyday...too early to start thinking about playoffs...hasn't toured stadium... kind of a disappointing interview TBH.

He isn't gonna play any fullback, wasn't even mentioned. whew

FAX
06-24-2010, 03:03 AM
Thanks for the CliffsNotes, Mr. BossChief. What are the odds that Studebaker will break into the starting lineup this year?

Did you guys know that, in his Junior year, he led the NCAA in sacks? A substantial majority of Draftabulators have, in the past, stated (along with an immeasurable amount of highly personal insults, scurrilous ad hominem attacks, and horrific profanity) that he would have gone a lot higher in the draft had his Senior year not been basically wiped out by a torn ligament in his foot. According to Haley, he's a damn hard worker, too.

FAX

LaChapelle
06-24-2010, 05:06 AM
Andy is laying down the law in Bonnot Mills
he and his buddy Jason Whitlock don't take any crap from Frankensteinians
Jason wonders if there really is a MoMo or Easter Bunny

BossChief
06-24-2010, 05:35 AM
Thanks for the CliffsNotes, Mr. BossChief. What are the odds that Studebaker will break into the starting lineup this year?

Did you guys know that, in his Junior year, he led the NCAA in sacks? A substantial majority of Draftabulators have, in the past, stated (along with an immeasurable amount of highly personal insults, scurrilous ad hominem attacks, and horrific profanity) that he would have gone a lot higher in the draft had his Senior year not been basically wiped out by a torn ligament in his foot. According to Haley, he's a damn hard worker, too.

FAX

I started a "breakout player for 2010" thread a month or so ago and I have Studabaker as my selection for such.

He is a guy that tested better than/equal to all of the "elite prospects" at OLB over the last five or so years and his times are all on pace or better than Demarcus Wares (widely considered the best OLB in the NFL, or at least in the conversation for such).

He is the reason we didn't target someone for the LOLB spot during the draft IMO.

I dont think he starts the year as the starter, but by mid season I think he earns it and Vrabel is moved to the middle. JMO...but an educated opinion at that, the coaching staff even began working Vrabel in the middle during OTAs in certain packages and he played in the middle during a couple years while in NE as well.

talastan
06-24-2010, 09:25 AM
Hali, DJ, Vrabel, Studebaker - This should be the lineup for our LB squad. Get the best guys on the field all at the same time, all of the time.

OR

Hali, DJ, Belcher, Studebaker, either lineup is fine by me.

BossChief
06-24-2010, 09:31 AM
Hali, DJ, Vrabel, Studebaker - This should be the lineup for our LB squad. Get the best guys on the field all at the same time, all of the time.

OR

Thats how I see it as well.

Vrabel has done a good job mentoring Studabaker and I think he should be doing so with Belcher now and Andy should get his shot...that would be a lot of help to DJ as well, playing next to him in the defense and communicating with him during games.

That would be the best way to utilize our resources IMO.

DBOSHO
06-24-2010, 09:38 AM

OR

The 2nd one is how id like to see our lb corps. Belcher made some mistakes, but he also made huge plays too. The one in the steelers game comes to mind where it was like 3rd and 2 and they ran a toss play and belcher made a huge tackle for a loss that took them out of fg range.

The Franchise
06-24-2010, 09:54 AM
Waters and Vrabel should be on the sidelines.

Red Beans
06-24-2010, 10:04 AM
Hali, DJ, Belcher, Studebaker: I love the idea of this line up. I think everything's there but the leadership factor. Belcher could develop into the leader of our D at MLB but he's not ready. Same goes for the Studebaker at OLB, in time but not now. I don't think DJ commands the respect or has the drive to do it. We need a vocal leader out there at LB and while Hali could, I don't think it's in his nature to me that commanding voice out there. He goes to work and works hard but I don't see him as the type to order guys around or get in their face. That's why I think the coaching staff wants Vraby out there, one more season to show the guys how to be an on the field leader. My personal opinion is that whether it be by injury or by default, by late October Vraby's on the bench the majority of the time anyway. Just my two pennies.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-24-2010, 10:04 AM
Thats how I see it as well.

Vrabel has done a good job mentoring Studabaker and I think he should be doing so with Belcher now and Andy should get his shot...that would be a lot of help to DJ as well, playing next to him in the defense and communicating with him during games.

That would be the best way to utilize our resources IMO.

Thanks for the rundown. I too hope Stuuude kicks ass and takes names.

And dude, it's Grun and Petro. I expect the same greatness from them that I expect from Shat Cassholi when the intended target is not bright yellow and stationary.

Skyy God
06-24-2010, 10:09 AM
Glad to hear that Grunny thinks Asamough will start at RG..... you don't draft a 3d round G to sit.

beach tribe
06-24-2010, 10:10 AM
"kickoff will be at 9:15 and if we get the ball Weis said DMC will be on the field by 9:17"...will be used to move around and create mismatches. Slot, coming out of backfield...trying to get matched up on linebackers.

They are going to put DMC in a Welker type of role a lot of the time, and I believe he is going to put up sick #s his rookie season. I actually think we have an OROY contender on our hands.
Everyone thought it was a bad idea to trade a 2nd (& 7th) for Welker until he blew up.
In terms of talent DMC > Welker IMO. I am pumped to see him play. The only bad thing is, he's probably going to save Castle's job, but I don't think anyone will be complaining about the pick when the season is over.

beach tribe
06-24-2010, 10:14 AM
Glad to hear that Grunny thinks Asamough will start at RG..... you don't draft a 3d round G to sit.

Huh?

ModSocks
06-24-2010, 10:16 AM
Hali, DJ, Belcher, Studebaker: I love the idea of this line up. I think everything's there but the leadership factor. Belcher could develop into the leader of our D at MLB but he's not ready. Same goes for the Studebaker at OLB, in time but not now. I don't think DJ commands the respect or has the drive to do it. We need a vocal leader out there at LB and while Hali could, I don't think it's in his nature to me that commanding voice out there. He goes to work and works hard but I don't see him as the type to order guys around or get in their face. That's why I think the coaching staff wants Vraby out there, one more season to show the guys how to be an on the field leader. My personal opinion is that whether it be by injury or by default, by late October Vraby's on the bench the majority of the time anyway. Just my two pennies.

Only one problem with that. I don't think you can really teach someone to be a leader on the field. It's something that comes naturally. You either have it of you don't. That's why we drafted so many Team Captains. I think Vrabel is out there soley to call out defenses and adjust to what he sees on the offensive side of the ball. We need guys like Eric Berry, a supposed leader, to step up into that leadership role and guys like Studebaker to just learn how to read an offense and adjust.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-24-2010, 10:19 AM
Huh?

We signed a Corner to play Guard, duh!

Red Beans
06-24-2010, 10:24 AM
Only one problem with that. I don't think you can really teach someone to be a leader on the field. It's something that comes naturally. You either have it of you don't. That's why we drafted so many Team Captains. I think Vrabel is out there soley to call out defenses and adjust to what he sees on the offensive side of the ball. We need guys like Eric Berry, a supposed leader, to step up into that leadership role and guys like Studebaker to just learn how to read an offense and adjust.

Yeah, you may be right. Hopefully Berry could fill that gap for us. Regardless of his physical abilities, I think Vrabel's got that mental aspect of the game down, and he should since I think he played with Otto Graham.

beach tribe
06-24-2010, 10:27 AM
We signed a Corner to play Guard, duh!

Oh. Silly me.

kcchiefsus
06-24-2010, 10:56 AM

Umm, you do if he isn't ready. Since when are 3rd rounders expected to be starters from day 1? It happens quite often but it's not like it should be expected.