PDA

View Full Version : Life Kids Fighting

RedNFeisty
06-23-2010, 09:11 PM
There is a school and park across the street I let my son hang out with his friends, I can look out my front window and see everything.

My son comes running in yelling, "Mom, Micheal is getting beat up by two boys!!" I didn't know I could still run so fast, and damn, stickers do not feel good in bare feet. Seeing and hearing me come the kids disperse. Two other adults that live by the park were heading to the scene at the same time I was, coming from the opposite side of the park. I am guessing since one of the other adults were male I was the safe choice to head to. Yeah, right!! I ask the 17 yr old (not knowing at the time he was 17) what the fuck he is doing ganging up a kid. He started running his mouth, told him to get his ass home because I am about to kick his ass.

Micheal is only twelve, but looks like an eighteen yr old, this boy is nearly six feet tall already. The fight was caused by Micheal asking the seventeen yr olds little brother where his bike was that he stole, the little brother went and got his seventeen yr old brother, they chased Micheal down on their bikes, leaving my son in the dust.

We called Micheal's mother, the seventeen yr old offered up his address to me because the police had already been to his home over the stolen bike. All I can think right now, is what if it were my son these two boys were ganging up on. A kid that was a witness claimed the seventeen yr old was a gang member. I'm lost, I don't know if I should let my son go to the park any more.
This is the third fight I have broken up since summer started.

Phobia
06-23-2010, 09:15 PM
Break out the crayons. I'm confused.

Hog's Gone Fishin
06-23-2010, 09:16 PM
Why don't you take advantage of your rights while you can and purchase a suppressed weapon.

Fish
06-23-2010, 09:18 PM
Are there any old Asian widowers in your neighborhood?

Lumpy
06-23-2010, 09:19 PM
BB gun... it only stings. :D

Pablo
06-23-2010, 09:26 PM
Michael and your son need to join gangs themselves ASAP.

Street Cred is everything in a rough neighborhood and if they've already called a rival gang member out, then shit's gonna hit the fan.

Buy them a couple pellet handguns and let them get good with those before either of them just go out and get a 9mm and don't know how to handle a firearm.

Best of luck to ya and God Bless!

ThaVirus
06-23-2010, 09:35 PM

Street Cred is everything in a rough neighborhood and if they've already called a rival gang member out, then shit's gonna hit the fan.

Buy them a couple pellet handguns and let them get good with those before either of them just go out and get a 9mm and don't know how to handle a firearm.

THIS.

Although you should probably step up the artillery a wee bit. Go find the nearest black person that looks like a gangbanger and ask him where you can get a "choppa". He'll know what you're talking about and it should be smooth sailing from there on out..

88TG88
06-23-2010, 09:36 PM
KIds are gonna fight anyways.

If the park is across the street how can you forbid him.

Hammock Parties
06-23-2010, 09:38 PM
Get your kid martial arts training immediately.

Pablo
06-23-2010, 09:43 PM
Get your kid martial arts training immediately.Kung Fu don't stop bullets.

Get that kid a piece so motherfuckers know who's the cock of the walk.

RedNFeisty
06-23-2010, 09:56 PM
My son is only 9!! The last thing I want is for him to have a BB gun and others think it is real. Besides, couldn't my son get in trouble for carrying a BB gun? Boxing lessons are going to start very soon!! I know kids fight, I grew up fighting, but this is my baby boy, even though I only have three inches and thirty pounds on the boy!

I have never had a police officer in my home until tonight, nice fellow, but I would rather it not happen again.

RedNFeisty
06-23-2010, 09:59 PM

Okay, thanks for scaring me a bit, I appreciate that!!

RedNFeisty
06-23-2010, 10:01 PM
BB gun... it only stings. :D

My ex mother in law wanted to buy a BB gun for my son, I said no fucking way!!! I think this would only make matters worse in this situation.

Lumpy
06-23-2010, 10:01 PM
My son is only 9!! The last thing I want is for him to have a BB gun and others think it is real. Besides, couldn't my son get in trouble for carrying a BB gun? Boxing lessons are going to start very soon!! I know kids fight, I grew up fighting, but this is my baby boy, even though I only have three inches and thirty pounds on the boy!

I have never had a police officer in my home until tonight, nice fellow, but I would rather it not happen again.

My comment was a joke. Come on, from one mom to another, I would never REALLY suggest that you give your child a gun to fend off bullies. Geez.

You'll learn my humor eventually. :D

Iowanian
06-23-2010, 10:02 PM
You should have shouted "SWEEP THE LEG JOHNNY!!"

Kobra Chi!

RedNFeisty
06-23-2010, 10:02 PM
Why don't you take advantage of your rights while you can and purchase a suppressed weapon.

Suppressed weapon? What do you mean? I own a registered gun.

Iowanian
06-23-2010, 10:03 PM
Wake him up in the mornings with a new ringtone.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9fWvub_WBho&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9fWvub_WBho&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Duck Dog
06-23-2010, 10:04 PM

A silencer.

Just Passin' By
06-23-2010, 10:05 PM
My ex mother in law wanted to buy a BB gun for my son, I said no ****ing way!!! I think this would only make matters worse in this situation.

This is a good point. The BB gun will just piss off the other kids. Your 9 year old will need more firepower than that. Start him off easy, with something like a 9mm. Work him slowly up the chain. He should be ready for the big boy guns in a year or so.

And looking down the road, an AK doesn't give a damn what the weather is. Steady, reliable, cheap.....

RedNFeisty
My comment was a joke. Come on, from one mom to another, I would never REALLY suggest that you give your child a gun to fend off bullies. Geez.

You'll learn my humor eventually. :D

lol....gotcha!! This just has me concerned. My son hasn't been a target yet, but I am seriously thinking of locking him in the house for the rest of the summer. No more park time without mommy dearest!! When it comes to this shit my humor is out the window.

Iowanian
“I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.” Bruce Leeowanian

philfree
06-23-2010, 10:06 PM
Originally Posted by Hog Farmer
Why don't you take advantage of your rights while you can and purchase a suppressed weapon

LOL I don't think they should treat you like such a dum chick. Since you're packing and all I mean.

PhilFree:arrow:

Phobia
06-23-2010, 10:07 PM
Your son is only nine? Why do you think most bangers weapon of choice is called a "nine"? Stop slacking mom. Get on this.

Fish
06-23-2010, 10:09 PM
The trick is: kick someone's ass the first day, or become someone's bitch. Then everything will be all right.

RedNFeisty
06-23-2010, 10:13 PM
I will start looking tomorrow, he doesn't want martial arts, he wants boxing.

KIds are gonna fight anyways.

If the park is across the street how can you forbid him.
Load up the back yard where he doesn't want to leave!! And yes, being mommy dearest, I can forbid anything....even wire ****ing hangers!!

THIS.

Although you should probably step up the artillery a wee bit. Go find the nearest black person that looks like a gangbanger and ask him where you can get a "choppa". He'll know what you're talking about and it should be smooth sailing from there on out..

Can you send one to me??

Lumpy
06-23-2010, 10:14 PM
lol....gotcha!! This just has me concerned. My son hasn't been a target yet, but I am seriously thinking of locking him in the house for the rest of the summer. No more park time without mommy dearest!! When it comes to this shit my humor is out the window.

Yes, but if he's sheltered from this type of crap, he will never learn the streets and how to defend himself... yo.

:D

DeezNutz
06-23-2010, 10:14 PM
Forrest Gump's mom went the extra mile to ensure the welfare of her child. Always an option...

RedNFeisty
06-23-2010, 10:15 PM
“I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.” Bruce Leeowanian

He is going to learn how to fight, I have taught him some things, but needs some real training.

He wants to box, what are your thoughts??

booger
06-23-2010, 10:17 PM
have him get a summer lawn mowing job. he will be too tired to go out at night.

RedNFeisty
06-23-2010, 10:17 PM
Yes, but if he's sheltered from this type of crap, he will never learn the streets and how to defend himself... yo.

:D

I don't want to shelter him, but damn the kids around here are rough. He doesn't go to the neighborhood school, I take him half way across town.

RedNFeisty
06-23-2010, 10:19 PM
Forrest Gump's mom went the extra mile to ensure the welfare of her child. Always an option...
It would all depend! :D

have him get a summer lawn mowing job. he will be too tired to go out at night.

I was going to let him but, grandma aka ex mother in law threw a fit.

RedNFeisty
06-23-2010, 10:20 PM
The trick is: kick someone's ass the first day, or become someone's bitch. Then everything will be all right.

My son is the top dog at his school. There have been a couple of bullies he has put in there place. My son doesn't have much fear, that is another concern of mine.

QuikSsurfer
06-23-2010, 10:20 PM
I agree with the kids forming a gang and defending their territory but leave the pieces to the 16 year olds.
You can probably get a discount from most martial arts schools if you join in groups.
And the next time lil johnny wants to bully someone around, little mickey will be like BITCH@@!!!1
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f86/quikssurfer/gifs/TWHACK.gif

RedNFeisty
06-23-2010, 10:24 PM
Your son is only nine? Why do you think most bangers weapon of choice is called a "nine"? Stop slacking mom. Get on this.

Man!! Damn it!!

Bwana
06-23-2010, 10:32 PM
Catch the little fucker in the back alley and run his ass through the wood chipper.

http://prayingtodarwin.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/wood-chipper1.jpg

Phobia
06-23-2010, 10:37 PM
He is going to learn how to fight, I have taught him some things, but needs some real training.

He wants to box, what are your thoughts??

Boxing is for fighters who follow a code. You need to teach him to bite, kick, and scoop sand into eyes.

RedNFeisty
06-23-2010, 10:37 PM
This is my son's response to the little fuckers!!! Yes, like his dad he has a twisted sense of humor....after being hounded I finally looked this video up.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VImAGUVd8_4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VImAGUVd8_4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

RedNFeisty
06-23-2010, 10:41 PM
Boxing is for fighters who follow a code. You need to teach him to bite, kick, and scoop sand into eyes.

Nathan (my son) says that is a sissy's way of fighting....lol...he is still pumped up by the ordeal.

booger
06-23-2010, 10:41 PM
Sit him down and make him watch The Outsiders.

better yet send him to MoHillbilly for a few weeks.

RedNFeisty
06-23-2010, 10:42 PM
Catch the little ****er in the back alley and run his ass through the wood chipper.

http://prayingtodarwin.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/wood-chipper1.jpg

If it were my son that was getting beat up, you better damn well believe it!

RedNFeisty
06-23-2010, 10:43 PM
Sit him down and make him watch The Outsiders.

better yet send him to MoHillbilly for a few weeks.

MoHillbilly, that is a grand idea!! :clap:

BucEyedPea
06-23-2010, 10:43 PM
. I'm lost, I don't know if I should let my son go to the park any more.
This is the third fight I have broken up since summer started.

I wouldn't. I'd also chain him to something in the backyard. :)

RedNFeisty
06-23-2010, 10:44 PM
LOL I don't think they should treat you like such a dum chick. Since you're packing and all I mean.

PhilFree:arrow:

ROFLROFL

People can be so silly!

Phobia
06-23-2010, 10:46 PM
Nathan (my son) says that is a sissy's way of fighting....lol...he is still pumped up by the ordeal.

He's right. But if he's gonna box street fighters then mom needs to make sure his tetanus is up to date, buy ice, and keep the eye-wash station handy.

RedNFeisty
06-23-2010, 10:47 PM
I wouldn't. I'd also chain him to something in the backyard. :)

I'm tempted, but like Lummpy said, I can't shelter the boy. :cuss:

RedNFeisty
06-23-2010, 10:51 PM
He's right. But if he's gonna box street fighters then mom needs to make sure his tetanus is up to date, buy ice, and keep the eye-wash station handy.

I already have the first aid kit, haven't needed it yet, but I'm guessing it is only a matter of time. I'm not sure how I will react the first time Nathan gets his ass kicked. The bully at his school backed off after Nathan hit him once in the throat.

Lumpy
06-23-2010, 11:11 PM

I will be in the same boat when my son gets around that age. I will most likely be tempted, just like you, (and any mom for that matter), to keep my son out of harms way. But the reality is we live in a cruel world. Had my parents sheltered me and not taught me how to defend myself, I would have been a nervous wreck after moving out on my own.

KC native
06-23-2010, 11:20 PM

Yea, um, you need to teach your son there is no such thing as a fair fight. If he walks around with some made up code in his head he's going to get hurt. IF it comes to a fight you should teach your son that his primary goal should be to get out of the situation without getting hurt.

RedNFeisty
06-23-2010, 11:43 PM
Yea, um, you need to teach your son there is no such thing as a fair fight. If he walks around with some made up code in his head he's going to get hurt. IF it comes to a fight you should teach your son that his primary goal should be to get out of the situation without getting hurt.
Yes, of course, but my way of fighting dirty is by blowing out knees, or gauging out eye balls and to use any bodily means possible to get the fight over. I never condone picking up a weapon unless there is more then one opponent, because they will come back later with bigger items to use. I do not want Nathan to be a fighter let alone a dirty fighter, I do want him to be perfectly capable of defending himself when the need arises.

I will be in the same boat when my son gets around that age. I will most likely be tempted, just like you, (and any mom for that matter), to keep my son out of harms way. But the reality is we live in a cruel world. Had my parents sheltered me and not taught me how to defend myself, I would have been a nervous wreck after moving out on my own.

I really am not one to shelter, I get accused of giving him to much lee way if anything. But, bullies really worry me, especially older kids. Nathan is very independent already and thinks he is bigger then he is. Lack of attitude and fear are not what my son has, he doesn't cower and tries to talk a big game.

Nathan has befriended two boys in this neighborhood, and now both have been beat up. The one boy deserved it for running his mouth, Micheal did talk a little smack due to his bike being stolen, but didn't deserved two boys jumping him. I don't think Nathan talks shit, I have always told him to be prepared to back up what he says and if is unable to back it up, shut up.

Kyle DeLexus
06-24-2010, 12:00 AM
Yes, of course, but my way of fighting dirty is by blowing out knees, or gauging out eye balls and to use any bodily means possible to get the fight over. I never condone picking up a weapon unless there is more then one opponent, because they will come back later with bigger items to use. I do not want Nathan to be a fighter let alone a dirty fighter, I do want him to be perfectly capable of defending himself when the need arises.

I really am not one to shelter, I get accused of giving him to much lee way if anything. But, bullies really worry me, especially older kids. Nathan is very independent already and thinks he is bigger then he is. Lack of attitude and fear are not what my son has, he doesn't cower and tries to talk a big game.

Nathan has befriended two boys in this neighborhood, and now both have been beat up. The one boy deserved it for running his mouth, Micheal did talk a little smack due to his bike being stolen, but didn't deserved two boys jumping him. I don't think Nathan talks shit, I have always told him to be prepared to back up what he says and if is unable to back it up, shut up.

Win by any means necessary. It's better Nathan picks up the weapon before who he's fighting can pick it up. Now if it's a "meet me on the playground at 3" type of fight weapons are off limits, but if someones getting jumped, you do what needs to be done.

Is Nathan a bit of an instigator? If both his friends have gotten their asses kicked maybe he's calling them pussies or something and making them feel like they need to talk shit to guys they shouldn't be talking shit to. (I know a guy that used to do this to his friends)

RedNFeisty
06-24-2010, 12:37 AM
Win by any means necessary. It's better Nathan picks up the weapon before who he's fighting can pick it up. Now if it's a "meet me on the playground at 3" type of fight weapons are off limits, but if someones getting jumped, you do what needs to be done.

Is Nathan a bit of an instigator? If both his friends have gotten their asses kicked maybe he's calling them pussies or something and making them feel like they need to talk shit to guys they shouldn't be talking shit to. (I know a guy that used to do this to his friends)

Rules change if it is not one on one, we have discussed this. I am afraid that if he picks up a stick and uses it in a one on one fight, the kid would come back with something bigger or someone bigger. I think it is best to keep weapons out of it until the time calls for it. I get your point and it makes me wonder if I am correct is my theory.

I don't think Nathan is an instigator, he doesn't talk smack to kids he doesn't know. His one friend tries acting bigger then he is and runs his mouth without being able to back it up. I have witness this, he has gotten mad at Nathan and said things that would have caused me to sock a bitch, but Nathan just told the kid he needed to go away for a while before he got too mad then they parted for a day or two. Tonight was over a stolen bike, the boys were bigger then Nathan, so he came and got me instead of staying to fight beside his friend.

Nathan has a soft heart not really a fighter, during football practice he doesn't like tackling his own team mates for fear of hurting them. Nathan is now 5 feet tall and weights 120 lbs, at the age of nine, so this has me really perplexed on what way to advise him on this. That's why I like the idea of chaining him up in the back yard...lol

BucEyedPea
06-24-2010, 12:43 AM

You don't have to put anything over his head. Let him bear the elements.

T-post Tom
06-24-2010, 12:47 AM
I know an unemployed clown that could act as the kid's bodyguard. He'd have the bullies in tears w/o laying a finger on them.

CaliforniaChief
06-24-2010, 01:01 AM
Next time run out there, blow a whistle, hold up a yellow card, write down his number, and walk away.

FAX
06-24-2010, 02:41 AM
I don't understand, Ms. RedNFeisty. "Michael" is not your son, yet is under your care? For some reason, I'm not following the various relationships involved here.

Anyhow, I'm glad Michael's alright and, as for the fighting, I'd like you to know that a person can be exposed to a great deal of senseless, physical conflict in their youth and still turn out pretty much psychologically, emotionally, and mentally "okay".

Now, although I'm not psychologically, emotionally, and mentally "okay" by any reasonable standard of measure, I did attend highly violent grade- and high-schools. It so happened that, in my hometown, practically everyone's middle name was "Cruel, Heartless, Mean Bastard". Including the young girls.

In retrospect, I think the prevalent nature of the homespun violence was due, in large measure, to the existence of significant child abuse in many of the area homes. An agrarian society, many of the local families were poor, fairly uneducated, and somewhat unrefined and uncultured. They were the kinds of people who, when faced with any given problem or difficulty, would attack it first with fury - saving any questions for later. And, of course, when the children in those families misbehaved, the rod was rarely spared ... neither, unfortunately, was the fist ... nor the boot ... nor the ball bat. This factor, combined with heaping helpings of ignorance, alcohol, boredom, and a generous amount of teenage hormones and angst served up a volatile environment perfect for growing some pretty badass mofos (excuse the language).

Having emerged relatively unscathed from the experience, I learned that fighting, in and of itself, really isn't all that bad. In my case, I learned how to deal with the more dangerous among my fellow inmates by either defeating the Foe Of The Day or by talking my way out of each problematic situation that came along (my preferred method of survival). Of course, I also took a few licks along the way but I can truthfully say that I am no worse for that exposure to continued, pointless, youthful savagery. Essentially, I suppose I've come to accept the fact that teenage fighting isn't all that bad and, actually, some good can come from it ... as long as the engagements are fair (the 2 on 1 stuff is very wrong) and nobody pulls out a weapon of some kind.

FAX THE COMMITTED PACIFIST

Fritz88
06-24-2010, 04:51 AM

Builds his confidence. A good idea. A formal training will also teach how to behave wisely and avoid fighting as much as possible.

unlurking
06-24-2010, 05:05 AM
Sign him up for Thai boxing. Just tell him it is boxing+.

Pushead2
06-24-2010, 05:05 AM

Kobra Chi!

ROFL REP!

luv
06-24-2010, 06:34 AM
You don't have to put anything over his head. Let him bear the elements.

LMAO

penguinz
06-24-2010, 06:49 AM
Kung Fu don't stop bullets.

Get that kid a piece so mother****ers know who's the cock of the walk.Nope. But if he learns and masters ninjitsu then he will be able to heal his wounds.

That would be if they could even manage to shoot him since ninjas can make themselves invisible.

penguinz
06-24-2010, 06:51 AM

Kobra Chi!

What is Kobra Chi? Do you mean Cobra Kai?

MOhillbilly
06-24-2010, 07:34 AM

And the best way to learn to fight dirty is to NOT step in. Let him get his ass stomped. At some point he will go down and come up with a razor.
AIM FOR THE GROIN JOHNNY!!!!!

Mosbonian
06-24-2010, 07:47 AM
Why is everyone's anwer to violence, a measure of an increased violent action?

I am more worried that we are literally, at a pace faster than i care to acknowledge, moving back to the Old West Days where a man dies because another has a headache.

mmaddog

tooge
06-24-2010, 07:50 AM
strike first, strike hard, no mercy sir!

MOhillbilly
06-24-2010, 08:00 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRWlnv0_svU

jAZ
06-24-2010, 08:06 AM
Karate and guns? How about, if it's that bad... move.

EWOK
06-24-2010, 08:10 AM
It is time your boy found a new friend.Most of the people with alligator mouths have a canary a.$.It is the quite ones that I worry about. Looking that your are a preacher's wife there are christian schools of martial arts. Having 3 boys, a first aid kit that is in constant use, and a frequent visitors card at the ER isolate your boy for a little bit and prepare him for war.
As far as a gun is concerned if I need to draw down someone is going to be shot. Guns aren't toys and shouldn't be used to intimidate people.

loochy
06-24-2010, 08:11 AM
THIS.

A choppa? WTF? This isn't the predator chasing her son, its a damn kid.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-9-Te-DPbSE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-9-Te-DPbSE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Iowanian
06-24-2010, 08:12 AM
Actually, if he's friends with a 6' tall 12 year old, that is fighting high school kids.....it might turn out to be a very good friend to have.

The good news is, maybe your son learned something about this kind of stuff at an early age...without having to take the beating.

loochy
06-24-2010, 08:18 AM
He should learn about stomping the outside half of the foot(small bones), raking shins with his foot from the knee down, pressure points, liver & Sternum punches, throat chops and any number of other things.

I don't want to fight you now. I like my life of peace.

TrebMaxx
06-24-2010, 08:26 AM
Get him a Mortar set for the backyard. That way he can still play with his friends in the park in the comfort of your property.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortar_(weapon)

RedNFeisty
06-24-2010, 08:30 AM
Karate and guns? How about, if it's that bad... move.

I do not condone the use of weapons, but I do want my son to be capable of defending himself.

Being a single mother of three, moving isn't really an option at the moment. I haven't had to deal with violence and fighting before now.

RedNFeisty
06-24-2010, 08:34 AM
and then tell him there is always someone tougher. Teach him that its ok to defend himself but not ok to start shit.
Its better to talk softly and carry a big stick...that said, AIM FOR THE GROIN JOHNNY!!!!!

im 35 and cant close either hand all the way because ive jacked em up so bad tryin to knock mens brains out. im lucky i didnt get what some of my bros got on the street. just sayin.
I don't want Nathan to be a fighter, and I have told him there is always someone bigger and meaner. Someone mentioned hitting first, that is a big no no for me. Never hit first, just make sure you hit harder.

Actually, if he's friends with a 6' tall 12 year old, that is fighting high school kids.....it might turn out to be a very good friend to have.

The good news is, maybe your son learned something about this kind of stuff at an early age...without having to take the beating.

Sadly, the 12 yr old just took the beating and didn't fight back. Kudos to Micheal for standing up for him self regarding his stolen bike though.

RedNFeisty
06-24-2010, 08:38 AM
It is time your boy found a new friend.Most of the people with alligator mouths have a canary a.$.It is the quite ones that I worry about. Looking that your are a preacher's wife there are christian schools of martial arts. Having 3 boys, a first aid kit that is in constant use, and a frequent visitors card at the ER isolate your boy for a little bit and prepare him for war.
As far as a gun is concerned if I need to draw down someone is going to be shot. Guns aren't toys and shouldn't be used to intimidate people.

I completely agree, no guns unless you plan on using it.

I have isolated him, he is not allowed at the park for a while, if at all. I am concerned this older boy will be back.

RedNFeisty
06-24-2010, 08:55 AM
I don't understand, Ms. RedNFeisty. "Michael" is not your son, yet is under your care? For some reason, I'm not following the various relationships involved here.

Anyhow, I'm glad Michael's alright and, as for the fighting, I'd like you to know that a person can be exposed to a great deal of senseless, physical conflict in their youth and still turn out pretty much psychologically, emotionally, and mentally "okay".

Now, although I'm not psychologically, emotionally, and mentally "okay" by any reasonable standard of measure, I did attend highly violent grade- and high-schools. It so happened that, in my hometown, practically everyone's middle name was "Cruel, Heartless, Mean Bastard". Including the young girls.

In retrospect, I think the prevalent nature of the homespun violence was due, in large measure, to the existence of significant child abuse in many of the area homes. An agrarian society, many of the local families were poor, fairly uneducated, and somewhat unrefined and uncultured. They were the kinds of people who, when faced with any given problem or difficulty, would attack it first with fury - saving any questions for later. And, of course, when the children in those families misbehaved, the rod was rarely spared ... neither, unfortunately, was the fist ... nor the boot ... nor the ball bat. This factor, combined with heaping helpings of ignorance, alcohol, boredom, and a generous amount of teenage hormones and angst served up a volatile environment perfect for growing some pretty badass mofos (excuse the language).

Having emerged relatively unscathed from the experience, I learned that fighting, in and of itself, really isn't all that bad. In my case, I learned how to deal with the more dangerous among my fellow inmates by either defeating the Foe Of The Day or by talking my way out of each problematic situation that came along (my preferred method of survival). Of course, I also took a few licks along the way but I can truthfully say that I am no worse for that exposure to continued, pointless, youthful savagery. Essentially, I suppose I've come to accept the fact that teenage fighting isn't all that bad and, actually, some good can come from it ... as long as the engagements are fair (the 2 on 1 stuff is very wrong) and nobody pulls out a weapon of some kind.

FAX THE COMMITTED PACIFIST

No, Micheal is my son's friend. The kids love to hang out at my home, there is always something to eat and drink, it is the rest stop of sorts...lol...I treat all the boys as though they were mine. I am direct and honest with them, their parents know I watch out for their boys, I have become the mommy and protector away from home. Which is the way I like it, I do not trust other people's opinions or values when it comes to my son.

I do not live in a terrible neighborhood, but it is certainly a low income, low education level neighborhood, but what am I to do at the moment...lol...I agree with all you have said am sure most of the children around here live that life.

RedNFeisty
06-24-2010, 09:04 AM
My biggest advice is to tell him to try to avoid fighting. Avoid places where trouble like this is prone to happen. Avoid fighting when possible.

My 2nd best advice is tell him to NEVER stand in front of someone and tell them to punch him. Avoid the trouble all together, but if he can't, swing first and swing to win.

I suppose boxing or some martial arts would be helpful, but trying to be a pugilist in a street fight, especially involving 2 people probably won't turn out very good for him. It's probably good for a kid to take some form of instructed defense class though.

I think if you want to really give him a fighting chance to defend himself in those situations, you need to have the roughest fella you know show him some things. He should learn about stomping the outside half of the foot(small bones), raking shins with his foot from the knee down, pressure points, liver & Sternum punches, throat chops and any number of other things.

But I'm just a little pussy from Iowa, so you probably shouldn't take any of this seriously.

Swinging first got me in a lot of trouble growing up, so I have told him not to swing first. I have taught him the above mentioned, the foot, throat, knees, sternum, kidneys.

I like the idea of some sort of fighting class that would teach him when to fight and when to walk away. I had the tendency to solve my issues fighting when I was growing up. Kids would talk their smack, spreading rumors or what not, they never saw me coming until they were picking themselves up off the ground. Not sure I want Nathan to be that way.

jAZ
06-24-2010, 09:07 AM
I do not condone the use of weapons, but I do want my son to be capable of defending himself.

Being a single mother of three, moving isn't really an option at the moment. I haven't had to deal with violence and fighting before now.

I didn't read the whole thread, but from the tone of the posts I saw skimming it, it sounds like it's not just a problem with a local bully, but a real problem with gangs in the neighborhood? If I read that wrong, then I take it back.

But if that's really what's going on, then then moving is priority #1C. #1A would be teaching him to how to avoid bad situations (and I don't think that's a 1 time lesson but a product of being watchful and engaged) and #1B is teaching him to defend himself in the moments he might have to. Having a tough friend could be helpful too, BUT only if that kid also understands that #1A is key even when you are tough. Otherwise he'll find more trouble than he can fight his way out of.

Do you know any strong male figures in the neighborhood that you trust to mentor your kids? What about their father?

tooge
06-24-2010, 09:17 AM
I don't want Nathan to be a fighter, and I have told him there is always someone bigger and meaner. Someone mentioned hitting first, that is a big no no for me. Never hit first, just make sure you hit harder.

Sadly, the 12 yr old just took the beating and didn't fight back. Kudos to Micheal for standing up for him self regarding his stolen bike though.

actually, ALWAYS hit first. Just dont hit unprovoked. Fighting is never good, but it is a reality of growing up, especially for boys. Although teaching your son to avoid a fight is the thing to do, it is also important to let him know that when it seems that it is inevitable and you feel physically threatened, it is time to hit as hard as you can square in the nose. Most bully types are done at that point.

MOhillbilly
06-24-2010, 09:18 AM
Someone mentioned hitting first, that is a big no no for me. Never hit first, just make sure you hit harder.

Thats bad advice. Nothing wrong w/ the 1st strike if your on the right side. We have dumbed being a man down so much in this society noone knows what is and isnt ok.
Someone fronts like they are goin to strike by all means you should strike 1st, the second they clinch. jmo.

The Franchise
06-24-2010, 09:20 AM
He sounds like he knows how to basically handle himself. Just get some training now. Boxing or Martial Arts. But let him know that in a fight....there are no rules.

MOhillbilly
06-24-2010, 09:21 AM
actually, ALWAYS hit first. Just dont hit unprovoked. Fighting is never good, but it is a reality of growing up, especially for boys. Although teaching your son to avoid a fight is the thing to do, it is also important to let him know that when it seems that it is inevitable and you feel physically threatened, it is time to hit as hard as you can square in the nose. Most bully types are done at that point.

Strike 1st even when a bully runs his lip imo.

Frazod
06-24-2010, 09:27 AM
I don't know if it's been covered, but one thing I don't get is why it's suddenly cool for two or more people to beat the crap out of one person. What the fuck is that all about? When I was a kid, if I fought, my friends and the other guy's friends watched. The worst that would happen might be people stepping in to break it up when one guy had clearly lost.

These little punks are devoid of honor and decency. Too bad we don't allow public flogging anymore, because that's exactly what they deserve.

ModSocks
06-24-2010, 09:32 AM
I don't know if it's been covered, but one thing I don't get is why it's suddenly cool for two or more people to beat the crap out of one person. What the **** is that all about? When I was a kid, if I fought, my friends and the other guy's friends watched. The worst that would happen might be people stepping in to break it up when one guy had clearly lost.

These little punks are devoid of honor and decency. Too bad we don't allow public flogging anymore, because that's exactly what they deserve.

For the most part, it's still like that; one on one. At least out here. Unless you've fucked over someone's sister or something, then the entire gang comes after you.

For gangs it isn't about pride. It's about giving you the worst beating of your life so you don't fuck with them and theirs ever again.

RedNFeisty
06-24-2010, 09:38 AM
I didn't read the whole thread, but from the tone of the posts I saw skimming it, it sounds like it's not just a problem with a local bully, but a real problem with gangs in the neighborhood? If I read that wrong, then I take it back.

But if that's really what's going on, then then moving is priority #1C. #1A would be teaching him to how to avoid bad situations (and I don't think that's a 1 time lesson but a product of being watchful and engaged) and #1B is teaching him to defend himself in the moments he might have to. Having a tough friend could be helpful too, BUT only if that kid also understands that #1A is key even when you are tough. Otherwise he'll find more trouble than he can fight his way out of.

Do you know any strong male figures in the neighborhood that you trust to mentor your kids? What about their father?

Not really a gang type neighborhood, just the 17 yr old that beat up Micheal is rumored to be an gang member, I have no clue if it is true or not. The children around here do seem to be rather rough and tough, it appears fighting is their first choice of action.

Dad is a big figure in the kids life, but I haven't talked to him since this happen, I'm sure he will just say keep Nathan home.

Iowanian
06-24-2010, 09:39 AM
Have his daddy wish brain cancer on them. That will fix those hooligan bastards!

RedNFeisty
06-24-2010, 09:42 AM

Thats bad advice. Nothing wrong w/ the 1st strike if your on the right side. We have dumbed being a man down so much in this society noone knows what is and isnt ok.
Someone fronts like they are goin to strike by all means you should strike 1st, the second they clinch. jmo.

Point well proven, and I agree. If you know they are going to attack, attack first!!!

RedNFeisty
06-24-2010, 09:43 AM
Have his daddy wish brain cancer on them. That will fix those hooligan bastards!

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

RedNFeisty
06-24-2010, 10:00 AM
I don't know if it's been covered, but one thing I don't get is why it's suddenly cool for two or more people to beat the crap out of one person. What the **** is that all about? When I was a kid, if I fought, my friends and the other guy's friends watched. The worst that would happen might be people stepping in to break it up when one guy had clearly lost.

No doubt, if I would have known at the time the kid was 17, I would have knocked him on his ass for being such a punk.

My friends would never think of jumping in one of my fights, they were there to make sure it was a fair fight.

RedNFeisty
06-24-2010, 04:56 PM
Told the ex about the fight last night, his response..."WTF are doing letting him hang out with a 12 yr old anyway? Step up and be a good mom, think about why a 12 yr old would want to hang around a 9 yr old."