PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Raise a glass (please)

Over-Head
06-24-2010, 09:08 PM
I don't care what it is, but I juyst realised today was my old mans Birthday.
He was born in 1940, making him 70 today.

Although the WTBS (JW's) has him convienced never speaking to me again is for his best intrest, I just now raised a glass with my "Bro" to

John (Jack) A. Childs
Ret. (11 years eairly leave due to medical) Roly Candian Navy Petty officer 2nd class
Served abord
H.M.C.S Cyouga
H.M.C.S Onendega (Sub)

-On the submarine crew which bright Canadas first sub across from Britan.

-First and only cadette to compleat basic training winning awards for breaking all but 3 cource training records at C.M.H.S Cornwallis (one of his swimming records stood until the camp was closed. 1956-198???)

-The only cadette to successfully pass and quaify for deep sumegred sub lock out on first attempt at depth of 150ft.

-First canadian seeman to earn and wear both Canadas, AND British "Dolphins" at the same time.

-Passed his sub qualifications going blind folded and by touch not only explaned each part of the main Air system, but also explaned The Hydraulics, as well as the electrical through the entire sub (Only 1 of 3 was necessary and only 2 compartments)
-Earned top rank as ships diver abord the H.M.C.S Onendaga

Theres a shit load more I can't remember.

Either way you brain washed bastard Happy birthday Pop :clap:

KcMizzou
06-24-2010, 09:17 PM
Will do, OH.

Sounds like he was a hell of a guy. Here's to your old man. :toast:

luv
06-24-2010, 09:19 PM
It takes a big man to put differences aside. Kudos to you, and happy birthday to him!

big nasty kcnut
06-24-2010, 11:11 PM
happy bday oh dad but oh your Canadian? I thought your from America.

Fish
06-24-2010, 11:11 PM
:toast:

Mr. Flopnuts
06-24-2010, 11:12 PM
You're a good dude! Happy day to your old man.

Over-Head
06-24-2010, 11:41 PM
It takes a big man to put differences aside. Kudos to you, and happy birthday to him!
Whats put aside? I can't stand the prick, BUT he's been alive for 70 years, I'll drink to that.