PDA

View Full Version : Football Giants S Chad Jones injured in serious car accident.

The Franchise
06-25-2010, 09:58 AM
http://www.wafb.com/Global/story.asp?S=12709476

Former LSU star Chad Jones hurt in car crash

He is reported in guarded condition in a New Orleans hospital. His father told WWL-TV Jones was alert and talking to paramedics following the crash.

Michael Bonnette, the spokesman for LSU athletics, confirmed Jones was injured in the crash, but had no further details on the accident.

Coach Les Miles issued a Twitter post related to Jones Friday morning.

"Just got news about Chad Jones' car accident," it stated. "We are praying for Chad and his family. Keep him in your prayers."

A New Orleans radio station reported the crash happened near Carrollton Avenue, but was not sure what the cross street was.

Jones was taken by the New York Giants in the third round this year's NFL Draft.

He reportedly just signed a contract with the team last week.

Jones played safety on the LSU football team from 2007-2009, winning a national championship in 2007.

For the Tigers baseball team, he won a championship in 2009 as a pitcher.

talastan
06-25-2010, 09:59 AM
Crap, prayers for him and his family. Hope he wasn't DUI.

ModSocks
06-25-2010, 10:01 AM
Alert and talking is a very good sign

eazyb81
06-25-2010, 10:33 AM
Damn, ESPN just reported breaking news that he is in critical condition. Not sure if that really is breaking or not, but it didn't sound good.

Hope he makes it.

Mr. Arrowhead
06-25-2010, 10:34 AM
dam

ProFootballTalk ProFootballTalk

Per a league source, doctors trying to save Chad Jones' leg.

swayy07
06-25-2010, 10:35 AM
if you have twitter go look at the twit pic adam schefter posted of the car he was in......dosent look good at all.

Archie Bunker
06-25-2010, 10:37 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/assets_c/2010/06/chadjonescar-thumb-250x187-14508.jpg

seclark
06-25-2010, 10:38 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/assets_c/2010/06/chadjonescar-thumb-250x187-14508.jpg

holy shit.
sec

Otter
06-25-2010, 10:39 AM
Good luck brother

journeyscarab
06-25-2010, 10:42 AM
Per Shefter : News horrid on Chad Jones - had been told same. RT @ProFootballTalk: Per a league source, doctors trying to save Chad Jones' leg.

Hays
06-25-2010, 11:38 AM
Damn thats too bad, you can only hope they are able to save his leg.

Espn reported this as bad news for the Giants, at this point who cares about the Giants.
Right now this kid just wants to be able to keep his leg.

Hydrae
06-25-2010, 11:41 AM
I hope he gets to at least save his signing bonus from that contract he just signed. I have my doubts he will be able to fulfill the contract now.

The Franchise
06-25-2010, 12:13 PM
New York Giants rookie safety Chad Jones was in critical condition in a New Orleans hospital following a car accident Friday morning, WWL-TV reported.

Jones, 21, suffered a fractured left leg that exposed arteries and nerves, and doctors were attempting to get blood flowing back into his foot, officials said. He was reportedly in surgery at 10:15 a.m.

The accident occurred at approximately 6:15 a.m., WWL-TV reported.

Param
06-25-2010, 12:25 PM
He was on a street in New Orleans. Did he lose control of the car?

OnTheWarpath15
06-25-2010, 12:41 PM
Damn. Hope he pulls through.

DaKCMan AP
06-25-2010, 12:42 PM
I hope he gets to at least save his signing bonus from that contract he just signed. I have my doubts he will be able to fulfill the contract now.

Most college players who expect to go pro insure themselves.

ModSocks
06-25-2010, 12:57 PM
Per Shefter : News horrid on Chad Jones - had been told same. RT @ProFootballTalk: Per a league source, doctors trying to save Chad Jones' leg.

Fuck. That sucks. After you deal with the pain...then you have to deal with the heart ache. That's just terrible.

bowener
06-25-2010, 01:06 PM
I hope he makes it through fine. Worst case scenario, maybe he pitches for the Brewers with some form of a prosthetic foot.

If he can never play football again, what does it mean that he already signed with the Giants (does he only get paid his guaranteed or nothing at all or what)?

ModSocks
06-25-2010, 01:18 PM
I hope he makes it through fine. Worst case scenario, maybe he pitches for the Brewers with some form of a prosthetic foot.

If he can never play football again, what does it mean that he already signed with the Giants (does he only get paid his guaranteed or nothing at all or what)?

Im guessing he'd at least get his guaranteed. That should cover the hospital bills and his recovery.

Buck
06-25-2010, 02:52 PM
Apparently it took 20 minutes just to get him out of the wrecked car.

Hope he pulls through.

The Franchise
06-25-2010, 02:55 PM
Interesting

Jones, 21, suffered multiple fractures to his left leg, including shattering both his tibia and fibula, and had arteries and nerves exposed after he slammed into a streetcar pole on North Carrollton Avenue heading towards Canal Street in a one-car accident, an official who spoke on condition of anonymity told WWL-TV’s Juan Kincaid.

Harper said Jones will be charged with careless operation of a vehicle.

Rain Man
06-25-2010, 02:55 PM
Hopefully he makes a full recovery. Aside from the physical pain, that'd have to be a killer to get drafted by the NFL and then have a career-ending injury before training camp.

I recall Leon Bender dying after the draft, and there was a guard for the Colts who died in a car wreck on his way to training camp. Has any rookie ever had a career-ending injury before camp where they survived?

Buck
06-25-2010, 03:00 PM
Hopefully he makes a full recovery. Aside from the physical pain, that'd have to be a killer to get drafted by the NFL and then have a career-ending injury before training camp.

I recall Leon Bender dying after the draft, and there was a guard for the Colts who died in a car wreck on his way to training camp. Has any rookie ever had a career-ending injury before camp where they survived?

Demetrius Byrd last year.

He was in a crash before the draft. Pre-crash he was projected to be a 3rd rounder, but the Chargers chose him in the 7th. He missed the whole season on IR and has been cut this year.

Hydrae
06-25-2010, 03:46 PM

That is the result of a one car accident? Damn, he must have been moving pretty fast.

ModSocks
06-25-2010, 03:53 PM
That is the result of a one car accident? Damn, he must have been moving pretty fast.

Had to be. I hope he wasn't Under the Influence of something. That changes things from being unfortunate to being a dumbass.

Im giving him the benefit of the doubt.

But yeah, he had to be speeding out of control to lose control of the vehicle like that.

OnTheWarpath15
06-25-2010, 03:56 PM
How does a streetcar pole do THAT much damage to an SUV?

It looks like it was hit by a fucking dump truck going 50 MPH.