PDA

View Full Version : Football Question to anyone who has NFLN?

Farzin
06-25-2010, 12:19 PM
Time Warner is known as the number one cable provider in KC (at least that could be out of date by now.)

Did any of you previous Time Warner owners switch to another company just to get NFLN? Just curious..

BossChief
06-25-2010, 12:36 PM
Time Warner = wak

Ditch the cable and the VCR and get Directv and a damn blu ray player/flat screen

jigga what?

Rausch
06-25-2010, 12:42 PM
If you are an NFL fan and can afford DTV/NFLN why the fuck wouldn't you?...

Spott
06-25-2010, 12:44 PM
I don't have Time Warner here, but I just dumped Comcast and switched to Directv this month to get NFLN and possible the Sunday ticket. I don't miss Comcast one bit.

ModSocks
06-25-2010, 12:54 PM
DirecTV FTW. Even though they rape you for Sunday Ticket, I can't imagine an NFL season w/o it. I don't have Time Warner avail to me out here, but Cox Comm. is the fucking devil. I HATE that company. They are terrible.

And NFLN is one of my most watched channels. When there is nothing good on, there is always some sort of football.

And BTW, NFLN is showing the KC Chiefs Hard Knocks on the 4th of July. DVR is set.

Dayze
06-25-2010, 01:13 PM
i switched from TW to DTV for NFLN about 7 years ago.

had to give up DTV because of the move (no LOS), so we have Uverse now which has NFLN

had TW for about 1 week when we moved in to our new place Oct '09 an canceled It was truly god awful.

Bill Lundberg
06-25-2010, 02:15 PM
I switched to SureWest because of it

BossChief
06-25-2010, 02:37 PM
i switched from TW to DTV for NFLN about 7 years ago.

had to give up DTV because of the move (no LOS), so we have Uverse now which has NFLN

had TW for about 1 week when we moved in to our new place Oct '09 an canceled It was truly god awful.

cut the tree down or get a second opinion on the line of sight issue.

you may have just got a rookie tech that was lost...

cabletech94
06-25-2010, 02:46 PM

or get a cabletech that is smart!

chiefsnorth
06-25-2010, 02:50 PM
I think the NFL network is overrated. It's nice to see those couple of games, it's better on draft day than ESPN, but the rest of the year it's the same content re-ran endlessly... not that great.

Dayze
06-25-2010, 02:59 PM

unfortunately we had to move to an apartment; we're on the terrace level (ie bottom level of a 4 story building) facing north. and the apt complex won't allow freestanding poles/mounting devices etc. bummer.

sad thing is, when we found the apartment, I told my wife "...man, I dunno. don't they have anything that faces south"?
:D

Dayze
06-25-2010, 03:00 PM
I think the NFL network is overrated. It's nice to see those couple of games, it's better on draft day than ESPN, but the rest of the year it's the same content re-ran endlessly... not that great.

you have to check the listings for good replays, games of the week etc. but , yeah, I agree...otherwise it gets a bit repetitive.

...but i still wach it.:cuss::D

chiefsnorth
06-25-2010, 03:06 PM
They must have run that contrived garbage with Deion Sanders and Michael Crabtree literally thousands of times
Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief
06-25-2010, 03:22 PM
unfortunately we had to move to an apartment; we're on the terrace level (ie bottom level of a 4 story building) facing north. and the apt complex won't allow freestanding poles/mounting devices etc. bummer.

sad thing is, when we found the apartment, I told my wife "...man, I dunno. don't they have anything that faces south"?
:D

damn, that sucks. They wont let them mount to the side of the building? Some directv offices will offer a free of charge non penetrating roof mount (only for circumstances like yours with rentals) that may help, but that is a lot to go through just for DTV. Worth a call if you really want it though.

Chief Roundup
06-25-2010, 05:58 PM
Yes I switched to DirecTV for NFLN and Sunday Ticket.

Chief Roundup
06-25-2010, 06:04 PM
I like watching it most of the time, it can get old but it is better than espn re ran episodes over and over. At least NFLN has Top Ten shows, Classic games, Game of the Week, as well as Total Access. Thier stuff that repeats is generally during a time that I am working, sleeping, or otherwise busy.