PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs What are your prediction for Tony Moeaki

salame
06-26-2010, 04:14 AM
I know right?

milkman
06-26-2010, 04:19 AM
I think he'll have about 90 catches for about 900 yards in 16 games, and it'll only take him 10 years to do it.

BossChief
06-26-2010, 04:20 AM
Im thinking he goes for about 400... 4-5 tds...misses 4 or so games to injuries.

salame
06-26-2010, 04:21 AM
I think he'll have about 90 catches for about 900 yards in 16 games, and it'll only take him 10 years to do it.

dammit I forgot to put something about that ( and how many will it take)
shit

BossChief
06-26-2010, 04:21 AM

ROFL

can the guy get a cumulative pro bowl nomination?

salame
06-26-2010, 04:22 AM
ROFL

can the guy get a cumulative pro bowl nomination?

Well, I think we all know he is in the BossChief HOF already
probably Iowa HOF also
PLUS his sister is bangin

salame
06-26-2010, 04:29 AM
http://marcmwm.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/tomo3.jpg

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/90527/moeakihurt.jpg

ongratulations! You've just made the wonderful decision to draft Tony Moeaki! Like most new Moeaki owners, you're no doubt filled with questions about your new family member. We here at Black Heart Gold Pants will try our best to answer any questions you might have.

We drafted Tony Moeaki. That's a good thing, right? It certainly is, just as long as you pay no attention to that giant honking IF: his injury status.

Yeah, what's the deal with all the injuries? First, a quick rundown: During the fourth game of his junior year of 2007, Moeaki simultaneously suffered a dislocated elbow and a broken wrist, injuries similar to what befell Andrew Bogut. The rehab kept him out of action for the rest of the season and spring ball, then in 2008 (his second try at a junior year), he broke his foot during spring practices. That nagged at him for the entire year, causing lingering leg problems and eventually requiring a second off-season surgery. Also, he suffered two concussions during '08.

Then, sure enough, Moeaki missed three games this season with another ankle injury, though the third missed game was Arkansas State; Moeaki probably would have played if it were a Big Ten opponent. He shined from then on, though, displaying his athleticism with two long-YACed touchdowns against Michigan and a gorgeous touchdown catch in the back corner of the end zone at Wisconsin. Those are on this highlight reel, but mind the language in the music; I think we caught an effenheimer in there.

So should we expect more injuries? Eh, tough to say. None of his injuries were affecting him terribly by the end of the year, and the only thing on the list of injuries that would be terribly relevant going forward would probably be the concussions, and even then, Tony Mo's not that far out of the norm for the NFL these days (a fact that makes us cringe, but it is what it is, we suppose).

Fine. Let's say he stays healthy. What kind of player do we have? Hoo boy. We realize we're homers here, but there's a reason why Moeaki was so highly regarded coming out of high school. He is not only a superb athlete, but one of the better blocking TEs in the draft. There aren't really any holes in his game (except, of course, whether he can play or not). His routes are crisp, his top end speed is more than adequate, he seals the edge beautifully, and he's a nice guy off the field. If he'd been healthy the whole time, he would have A) graduated last year, and B) probably been drafted a lot higher than 93rd.

So is it fair to compare him to Tony Gonzalez, like we're already doing? Of course not. Tony Gonzalez is this generation's best tight end, and it's not even close. Gonzalez and Moeaki have the same first name, but still. What Moeaki does have is the physical talent to stick around in the NFL for a long time. If, of course, he stays healthy.

And what if he doesn't stay healthy? Well, you can't say nobody warned you.

Will Tony Moeaki be awesome? We'd better hope so, because after his time at Iowa, a successful NFL career would be proof that we do, in fact, live in a just universe.

http://wearemoviegeeks.com/wp-content/unbreakable_elijahprice.jpg

milkman
06-26-2010, 04:30 AM
Well, I think we all know he is in the BossChief HOF already
probably Iowa HOF also
PLUS his sister is the real tight end in the family

FYP

Bane
06-26-2010, 04:31 AM
He ends up with 4 times more catches,yards and TD's than that shit bag Cottam.
Posted via Mobile Device

salame
06-26-2010, 04:36 AM
well, here are cottam's career stats

Stats Overview Receiving Rushing Fumbles
SPLIT REC YDS AVG LNG TD ATT YDS AVG LNG TD FUM LST
2009 9 120 13.3 26 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0
Career 16 183 11.4 26 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0

Sooooo moeaki gets 36 catches and 732 yards and 4 touchdowns
the 36 catches might be right

BossChief
06-26-2010, 04:38 AM
Ive been consistent in my evaluation of the guy since many months before we drafted him.

If he stays healthy he will be a similar receiving threat to Dallas Clark or Visante Shiancoe and be a good blocker.

I like the Hawkeyes, but if Im being unrealistic in my views of him because of being a Iowa fan...please share with me any other evaluations of Iowa players I have missed on.

I backed Pat Angerer and said he would be a great third rounder and the Colts draft him in the second.
I say that Moeaki would be a good value anywhere between the third and fifth round (and I drafted him to be under the wing of Tony G for Atlanta with a compensatory 5th in the cp mock) and we drafted him in the late third
I draft Spivey in the mid second round of the CP mock for the Steelers and he gets drafted with the second pick in the third round by the Lions
I think Bulaga will be a solid ten year starting left tackle for the Packers and am surprised the Colts didnt trade up to snag him when he fell that far (I never really projected where he would go)
I said Calloway would be a good fourth or fifth rounder and he ended up falling to the seventh, so I guess I missed a bit on one of them but it would seem the NFL front offices agree with my "homer" side more so than other "pessimists" point of views on Iowa players. Some damn good front offices agree with my takes obviously.

Bane
06-26-2010, 04:42 AM
well, here are cottam's career stats

Stats Overview Receiving Rushing Fumbles
SPLIT REC YDS AVG LNG TD ATT YDS AVG LNG TD FUM LST
2009 9 120 13.3 26 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0
Career 16 183 11.4 26 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0

Sooooo moeaki gets 36 catches and 732 yards and 4 touchdowns
the 36 catches might be right

I meant 4 X as many as Cottam got in the same season.I'm glad you posted his career stats though,makes laughing at all the Cottam ball washers even easier.
Posted via Mobile Device

salame
06-26-2010, 04:43 AM
Ive been consistent in my evaluation of the guy since many months before we drafted him.

If he stays healthy he will be a similar receiving threat to Dallas Clark or Visante Shiancoe and be a good blocker.

I like the Hawkeyes, but if Im being unrealistic in my views of him because of being a Iowa fan...please share with me any other evaluations of Iowa players I have missed on.

I backed Pat Angerer and said he would be a great third rounder and the Colts draft him in the second.
I say that Moeaki would be a good value anywhere between the third and fifth round (and I drafted him to be under the wing of Tony G for Atlanta with a compensatory 5th in the cp mock) and we drafted him in the late third
I draft Spivey in the mid second round of the CP mock for the Steelers and he gets drafted with the second pick in the third round by the Lions
I think Bulaga will be a solid ten year starting left tackle for the Packers and am surprised the Colts didnt trade up to snag him when he fell that far (I never really projected where he would go)
I said Calloway would be a good fourth or fifth rounder and he ended up falling to the seventh, so I guess I missed a bit on one of them but it would seem the NFL front offices agree with my "homer" side more so than other "pessimists" point of views on Iowa players. Some damn good front offices agree with my takes obviously.

It wasn't meant to be a malicious personal attack as much as a gentle nudge.
Like a kiss on the neck in the back seat of your high school car from your first love. Or the way boobs felt in your hand on prom night. Or the way you and your friends sort of felt awkward about sharing a bed when you stayed the night together as kids, but often woke up cuddling.

BossChief
06-26-2010, 04:45 AM
Ive been saying it for months, I think Cottam is done and Id be surprised to ever see him on the field again.

Really tall guys like him that get neck injuries die an early NFL death.

Bane
06-26-2010, 04:47 AM
Ive been saying it for months, I think Cottam is done and Id be surprised to ever see him on the field again.

Really tall guys like him that get neck injuries die an early NFL death.
I figure he was done when we drafted him.
Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief
06-26-2010, 04:51 AM
It wasn't meant to be a malicious personal attack as much as a gentle nudge.
Like a kiss on the neck in the back seat of your high school car from your first love. Or the way boobs felt in your hand on prom night. Or the way you and your friends sort of felt awkward about sharing a bed when you stayed the night together as kids, but often woke up cuddling.
well, thanks..I think...

CrazyPhuD
06-26-2010, 05:00 AM
career ending toe stub before training camp.

BossChief
06-26-2010, 05:04 AM
career ending toe stub before training camp.

Bullshit! Berry is already pretty much fully healed from that injury he got while working out on his proday for Romeo Crennel. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/17/eric-berry-sprains-his-toe-at-pro-day/ It did take a couple months though, just practice though... (see what I did there?)

teedubya
06-26-2010, 10:46 AM
I heard he is out for the season, due to a devastating hangnail injury.

My thoughts and prayers are with the Broeaki family.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-26-2010, 10:47 AM
Less than 200. Teh Gonzales days and ways are over people, this is NE-style Tight End-football.

Block! 2-3-4-Block! 2-3-4

salame
06-27-2010, 04:10 AM
Less than 200. Teh Gonzales days and ways are over people, this is NE-style Tight End-football.

yup

boogblaster
06-27-2010, 07:27 AM
By the way the draft went I'd say he's going to get lots of check-down looks this year .. I f he starts ...

chiefzilla1501
06-27-2010, 08:19 AM

Keep in mind that Weis' Tight End style football is much better than the tight end approach they installed after he left. If they're following the Weis model on building offenses, that's perfectly cool with me. If and it's a HUGE "if" Moeaki stays healthy, Moeaki fits Weis' offense perfectly. Especially given that he loves running 2-TE sets.

jspchief
06-27-2010, 09:22 AM

Block! 2-3-4-Block! 2-3-4I don't think so. I think they want to add a safety net option to give cassel a quick 2nd option. I don't expect a lot of downfield stuff to the TE, but I could see it being a significant part of the passing game.

notorious
06-27-2010, 09:24 AM

ROFL

This might be the funniest post I have read in a long time.

notorious
06-27-2010, 09:27 AM
Reports are that Moeaki already has his rehab bike picked out and is currently working on the ultimate ass groove that will maximize his comfort for years to come.

Pasta Little Brioni
06-27-2010, 09:30 AM
Reports are that Moeaki already has his rehab bike picked out and is currently working on the ultimate ass groove that will maximize his comfort for years to come.

He needs to call Zach Thomas for advice.

notorious
06-27-2010, 09:33 AM
He needs to call Zach Thomas for advice.

Zach won't talk to him. He is pissed that Moeaki fucked up his ass groove on his rehab bike.

chiefzilla1501
06-27-2010, 11:32 AM
I don't think so. I think they want to add a safety net option to give cassel a quick 2nd option. I don't expect a lot of downfield stuff to the TE, but I could see it being a significant part of the passing game.

Weis doesn't use tight ends the way Vermeil did. Daniel Graham and Christian Fauria were blockers first, receivers 2nd. But they were used a TON in the red zone. Fauria was a TD machine. Ben Watson was sort of a weird draft pick for Weis. And I think ever since, the Patriots lost their way in terms of the tight ends they started to draft. Ask Weis if he'd rather have a good receiver like Heap or Cooley or a versatile tight end like Graham or Fauria, and I can guarantee he'd want the latter two every single time.

This is the problem with rating tight ends in this way. And it's why I think it's completely retarded that people are saying we passed up tight ends like Jimmy Graham. Daniel Graham may have been one of the most underrated players in Weis' system.

Rain Man
06-27-2010, 11:36 AM
He may not get a lot of yards, but that'll primarily be because McCluster will stop a lot of drives by scoring from 60 yards out.

milkman
06-27-2010, 11:38 AM
Weis doesn't use tight ends the way Vermeil did. Daniel Graham and Christian Fauria were blockers first, receivers 2nd. But they were used a TON in the red zone. Fauria was a TD machine. Ben Watson was sort of a weird draft pick for Weis. And I think ever since, the Patriots lost their way in terms of the tight ends they started to draft. Ask Weis if he'd rather have a good receiver like Heap or Cooley or a versatile tight end like Graham or Fauria, and I can guarantee he'd want the latter two every single time.

This is the problem with rating tight ends in this way. And it's why I think it's completely retarded that people are saying we passed up tight ends like Jimmy Graham. Daniel Graham may have been one of the most underrated players in Weis' system.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again, because it needs to be repeated for the density of the posters on this forum.

Teaching a blocking TE to catch is more difficult than teaching a receiving TE to block.

All one has to do is look to Tony G to see that.

KChiefs1
06-27-2010, 11:41 AM
He is the next great TE from the long line of great TE's from Iowa.

chiefzilla1501
06-27-2010, 11:50 AM
I've said this before, and I'll say it again, because it needs to be repeated for the density of the posters on this forum.

Teaching a blocking TE to catch is more difficult than teaching a receiving TE to block.

All one has to do is look to Tony G to see that.

But I think you're talking about turning a receiving tight end into an adequate blocker. Gonzo became a pretty effective blocker, but let's face it, he's the exception not the rule. The majority of receiver tight ends in the NFL today are adequate blockers at best. Heap and Antonio Gates have been okay blockers their entire career, but are they guys I'd love to have in a run formation? Hell no. You will never, ever, ever turn a guy like Jimmy Graham into a Fauria-type blocker. And I think you're assuming that Weis' offense features downfield tight end receivers. It really doesn't. So I agree that there are blocking tight ends like Dunn who will always be pretty clutzy as pass receivers. But Moeaki isn't that way. He's a good enough pass catcher. So it's not like you have to teach him how to catch.

So I would agree with you IF you weren't talking about an offense where run-blocking at the Tight End position was held at such a premium. Weis can live without a receiver who can't catch. Fauria was an okay receiver at best. But I'm sure if you asked him, he doesn't want a tight end who can't block not just adequately, but very well. Period.

LaChapelle
06-27-2010, 12:08 PM
Baderville Risco
Homestown Peach Orchard Frailie
(perhaps unkind, but I could have used Tallapoosa)

milkman
06-27-2010, 12:47 PM
But I think you're talking about turning a receiving tight end into an adequate blocker. Gonzo became a pretty effective blocker, but let's face it, he's the exception not the rule. The majority of receiver tight ends in the NFL today are adequate blockers at best. Heap and Antonio Gates have been okay blockers their entire career, but are they guys I'd love to have in a run formation? Hell no. You will never, ever, ever turn a guy like Jimmy Graham into a Fauria-type blocker. And I think you're assuming that Weis' offense features downfield tight end receivers. It really doesn't. So I agree that there are blocking tight ends like Dunn who will always be pretty clutzy as pass receivers. But Moeaki isn't that way. He's a good enough pass catcher. So it's not like you have to teach him how to catch.

So I would agree with you IF you weren't talking about an offense where run-blocking at the Tight End position was held at such a premium. Weis can live without a receiver who can't catch. Fauria was an okay receiver at best. But I'm sure if you asked him, he doesn't want a tight end who can't block not just adequately, but very well. Period.

If Charlie Weis thinks he can run an offense in this day and age with a blocking TE who can only catch adequately, then he is out of date with today's game.

You win in this league with offense now, and you win by scoring TDs.
You score TDs in the passing game.

You have a far better chance at that with a receiving TE that can block adequately than you do with a blocking TE that can catch adequately.

The game has evolved even since Weis left the NFL for Notre Dame.

I think Weis recognizes that, and that is the reason the chiefs risked Moeacki's injury history.

He wants his blocking TE, but he also wants his receiving TE.

TM is that guy.
The problem is, he can't stay on the field.

Huffman83
06-27-2010, 01:08 PM
He's going to be the Brodie Croyle of TE's. 200 yards....ish.

Hammock Parties
06-27-2010, 01:21 PM
He will get a lot of KC ass just by introducing himself as a 6-4 guy named Tony.

DJ's left nut
06-27-2010, 01:24 PM
Can't help the club from the tub.

Less than 200 yds, he'll play 3 games, completing 1 of them.

Hammock Parties
06-27-2010, 01:33 PM
Seriously, that would work on a drunk KC chick.

"Hey, I'm Tony. I play for the Chiefs. Can I buy you a drink?"

SAUTO
06-27-2010, 02:12 PM
actually i would say 600 yards or so.

but the options are fail...

400 then 900? i dont see any way he gets 900 so i voted 400.
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefzilla1501
06-27-2010, 03:03 PM
If Charlie Weis thinks he can run an offense in this day and age with a blocking TE who can only catch adequately, then he is out of date with today's game.

You win in this league with offense now, and you win by scoring TDs.
You score TDs in the passing game.

You have a far better chance at that with a receiving TE that can block adequately than you do with a blocking TE that can catch adequately.

The game has evolved even since Weis left the NFL for Notre Dame.

I think Weis recognizes that, and that is the reason the chiefs risked Moeacki's injury history.

He wants his blocking TE, but he also wants his receiving TE.

TM is that guy.
The problem is, he can't stay on the field.

Well, I agree with you that guys like Jason Dunn aren't held at a premium anymore. Guys who can block but are clutzy receivers. I also agree that guys like Fauria aren't as valued as they used to be. There are plenty of them that are still out there and highly valued like Manamaleuna and Chris Baker. I can agree with you that Weis wants the tight end to be a good enough receiver.

But I still think if he had the choice between Todd Heap and his prime and Daniel Graham, he would still take Graham. I still think that's the guy Moeaki most projects to be (if he stays out of the tub).

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-27-2010, 08:01 PM
By the way the draft went I'd say he's going to get lots of check-down looks this year .. I f he starts ...

Keep in mind that Weis' Tight End style football is much better than the tight end approach they installed after he left. If they're following the Weis model on building offenses, that's perfectly cool with me. If and it's a HUGE "if" Moeaki stays healthy, Moeaki fits Weis' offense perfectly. Especially given that he loves running 2-TE sets.

I don't think so. I think they want to add a safety net option to give cassel a quick 2nd option. I don't expect a lot of downfield stuff to the TE, but I could see it being a significant part of the passing game.

I agree with Boog; look for a very reserved, tentative passing game involving both DMC and Moeaki UNLESS these guys(Coaches/Chiefs) are REALLY ready to write some trickster-type shit in to a new playbook this year.
Expect the occasional "go for it" bomb to be delivered with more prayer than precision, and above all else remember:

At the end of the day; It's the Jamaal Charles Show.

notorious
06-27-2010, 08:03 PM
Expect the occasional "go for it" bomb to be delivered with more prayer than precision,

When you say "prayer" do you mean a fans screaming out "JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!" when he misses a wide open receiver for the millionth time?

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-27-2010, 08:06 PM
I'd just like to take a moment and say that all of this analytical shit is fun but it gets old too. I look forward to the day when I can trim this back to something along teh lines of:

"We Will Fucking Destroy You".

Can I get a witness?

chiefzilla1501
06-27-2010, 08:09 PM
I agree with Boog; look for a very reserved, tentative passing game involving both DMC and Moeaki UNLESS these guys(Coaches/Chiefs) are REALLY ready to write some trickster-type shit in to a new playbook this year.
Expect the occasional "go for it" bomb to be delivered with more prayer than precision, and above all else remember:

At the end of the day; It's the Jamaal Charles Show.

Yup. Love the fit.

But given that the Chiefs traded up to get him, it's now on the scouting. They gave a pretty big vote of confidence that his injury history is not going to be a problem. If he becomes a major injury problem, that's 100% on the scouting for the mistake.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-27-2010, 08:09 PM
When you say "prayer" do you mean a fans screaming out "JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!" when he misses a wide open receiver for the millionth time?

LMAO

http://www.gratisfilmer.org/wp-content/themes/thesis_151/rotator/obi_wan_kenobi.jpg

"Possibly"

DeezNutz
06-27-2010, 08:12 PM
Yup. Love the fit.

But given that the Chiefs traded up to get him, it's now on the scouting. They gave a pretty big vote of confidence that his injury history is not going to be a problem. If he becomes a major injury problem, that's 100% on the scouting for the mistake.

Who is 100% responsible for employing and assigning those scouts?

chiefzilla1501
06-27-2010, 08:20 PM

When I say "scouts", I'm implying that everyone involved with the scouting network is accountable. From the scouts who dug the information up, to the personnel guys like Pioli who decided that it was worth the risk.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-27-2010, 08:56 PM

The better question is:

Who's responsible for making that final call?

chiefzilla1501
06-27-2010, 09:18 PM
The better question is:

Who's responsible for making that final call?

It's gotta be Pioli's call. If he knows there's an injury history, I'm sure he pushed his scouts to do some extra homework. My guess is the scouts told him the risks, and he decided it was worth the risk. No doubt he's the one to point the finger at if the pick goes sour. Of course, he also deserves the majority of the credit if the pick goes right.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-27-2010, 09:24 PM
It's gotta be Pioli's call. If he knows there's an injury history, I'm sure he pushed his scouts to do some extra homework. My guess is the scouts told him the risks, and he decided it was worth the risk. No doubt he's the one to point the finger at if the pick goes sour. Of course, he also deserves the majority of the credit if the pick goes right.

Agreed.

BossChief
06-27-2010, 09:34 PM

Scott Pioli/Phil Emery (our director of college scouting)

milkman
06-27-2010, 09:36 PM
Scott Pioli/Phil Emery

Scott Pioli.

Emery works for Pioli.

DeezNutz
06-27-2010, 09:36 PM
Scott Pioli.

And Bingo was his name-o.

BossChief
06-27-2010, 09:38 PM
Scott Pioli.

Emery works for Pioli.

Signing the scouts, yes...but Emery surely plays a large role in assigning those scouts.

He asked for 100% and Pioli and Emery combined would equal that number.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-27-2010, 09:39 PM
And Bingo was his name-o.

I thought his name was "Motherfuck YOU".

milkman
06-27-2010, 09:41 PM
Signing the scouts, yes...but Emery surely plays a large role in assigning those scouts.

JFC, zilla, it ain't that ****ing hard.

It doesn't matter one ****ing iota who assigns who where.

The bottom line, the only ****ing thing that matters is that the final decision on picks are Pioli's.

JFC.

DeezNutz
06-27-2010, 09:42 PM

Bullshit.

100% of football operations = Pioli. Ultimately, he's responsible for everything.

BossChief
06-27-2010, 09:44 PM

Scott Pioli/Phil Emery (our director of college scouting)

Scott Pioli.

Emery works for Pioli.

JFC, zilla, it ain't that ****ing hard.

It doesn't matter one ****ing iota who assigns who where.

The bottom line, the only ****ing thing that matters is that the final decision on picks are Pioli's.

JFC.Just answering the question, not arguing the point of where the blame lies if things go sour.

I agree with what you said in that last post though.

...and Im not zilla

DeezNutz
06-27-2010, 09:46 PM
100% is the kicker, Boss.

And again, Pioli is 100% responsible for football ops.

And I thought it was Zilla, too. LMAO.

milkman
06-27-2010, 09:47 PM
Just answering the question, not arguing the point of where the blame lies if things go sour.

I agree with what you said in that last post though.

...and Im not zilla

Damn.

I read the post, and didn't even read the name of the poster.

That post was so zilla-like, it's scary.

BossChief
06-27-2010, 09:49 PM
100% is the kicker, Boss.

And again, Pioli is 100% responsible for football ops.

And I thought it was Zilla, too. LMAO.

so you are saying that our director of college scouting had 0% to do with assigning our scouts? Point taken /zilla

milkman
06-27-2010, 09:52 PM
so you are saying that our director of college scouting had 0% to do with assigning our scouts? Point taken /zilla

I don't believe that's what he's saying.

He's saying the same thing I'm saying, but he's not as subtle as me.

DeezNutz
06-27-2010, 09:53 PM
You motherfucking dumbasses. It's all about Pioli. Fuck. /subtlety, ye are my muse

milkman
06-27-2010, 09:54 PM
You mother****ing dumbasses. It's all about Pioli. ****. /subtlety, ye are my muse

Damn Deez, chill.

BossChief
06-27-2010, 09:56 PM
Damn Deez, chill.

Isnt it past your bedtime?

milkman
06-27-2010, 09:57 PM
Isnt it past your bedtime?

Yes mother.

T-post Tom
06-27-2010, 09:57 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z1TxiVhrkZA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z1TxiVhrkZA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

chiefzilla1501
06-27-2010, 10:21 PM

All decisions trickle up to the top. Pioli hired Emery who hired the scouts, and I'm sure Pioli had input as to which of those scouts were hired and where they would be assigned. Ultimately, if Emery is too unqualified to make those decisions, then that's on Pioli for hiring the wrong guy.

Trust me, you don't have to sell me on the value of scouts. I was the person screaming the loudest that Pioli was crippled by not having his scouts in place in 2009 (even if he made some decisions I disagree w/--such as freezing out the Chiefs' scouts). But Pioli is the guy with the final buzzer button. He has veto power over hiring decisions. And if a player has question marks, it's Pioli's job to badger the scouts to make sure he has all those questions answered.

So yes, the success/failure of this draft is all on Pioli. If it's not 100%, it's very close.

BossChief
06-27-2010, 10:25 PM
All decisions trickle up to the top. Pioli hired Emery who hired the scouts, and I'm sure Pioli had input as to which of those scouts were hired and where they would be assigned. Ultimately, if Emery is too unqualified to make those decisions, then that's on Pioli for hiring the wrong guy.

Trust me, you don't have to sell me on the value of scouts. I was the person screaming the loudest that Pioli was crippled by not having his scouts in place in 2009 (even if he made some decisions I disagree w/--such as freezing out the Chiefs' scouts). But Pioli is the guy with the final buzzer button. He has veto power over hiring decisions. And if a player has question marks, it's Pioli's job to badger the scouts to make sure he has all those questions answered.

So yes, the success/failure of this draft is all on Pioli. If it's not 100%, it's very close.

I didnt argue that at all. I just said (in your words evidently) that Emery assigned the scouts. /BossChief

salame
06-28-2010, 03:47 AM
Yup. Love the fit.

In all fairness (and I know BossChief will agree with me 100%) Moeaki's worst injury the elbow dislocation/broken wrist at the same time was kind of a weird fluke thing. The fact that he then broke his foot and tried to play on it was a dumb ass move by him and the Iowa coaching staff that undoubtedly caused his lingering senior year ankle problems. His two 08' concussions are also a freak thing. SO, hopefully he is every bit as good as our friends in the front office think he will be.
My prediction 300-500 yards IF he plays the whole year, and I would be fucking shocked if he doesn't get hurt at least once.

BossChief
06-28-2010, 03:58 AM
In all fairness (and I know BossChief will agree with me 100%) Moeaki's worst injury the elbow dislocation/broken wrist at the same time was kind of a weird fluke thing. The fact that he then broke his foot and tried to play on it was a dumb ass move by him and the Iowa coaching staff that undoubtedly caused his lingering senior year ankle problems. His two 08' concussions are also a freak thing. SO, hopefully he is every bit as good as our friends in the front office think he will be.
My prediction 300-500 yards IF he plays the whole year, and I would be fucking shocked if he doesn't get hurt at least once.

I was actually waiting for someone else to make a post just like this one.

salame
06-28-2010, 04:10 AM
I was actually waiting for someone else to make a post just like this one.

Well, in all seriousness it's the reality of the situation.

Saccopoo
06-28-2010, 04:10 AM
My prediction 300-500 yards IF he plays the whole year, and I would be ****ing shocked if he doesn't get hurt at least once.

Don't go out on a limb or anything.

I think you can look at the TE production at NE during the Weis tenure and his ND teams and get a general idea of what the TE is going to come up with/produce. 300-400 yards. 2-4 TDs.

For that level of production, trading up and losing one of the fifth rounders was a fucking tard move, especially when there was five high quality tight ends still on the board in the eight picks that the Chiefs moved up from.

Sure, a guy like Pitta or Hernandez would probably have been a waste in this system, as it's not like you really need a stud at TE for this scheme anyway. Moeaki represents the best they could have got for the spot though. I hope the kid stays healthy and on the field. He's got a chance to be an effective TE in this system.

salame
06-28-2010, 04:15 AM
Don't go out on a limb or anything.

I think you can look at the TE production at NE during the Weis tenure and his ND teams and get a general idea of what the TE is going to come up with/produce. 300-400 yards. 2-4 TDs.

For that level of production, trading up and losing one of the fifth rounders was a ****ing tard move, especially when there was five high quality tight ends still on the board in the eight picks that the Chiefs moved up from.

Sure, a guy like Pitta or Hernandez would probably have been a waste in this system, as it's not like you really need a stud at TE for this scheme anyway. Moeaki represents the best they could have got for the spot though. I hope the kid stays healthy and on the field. He's got a chance to be an effective TE in this system.

I'm sort of confused. I've never ever defended this pick. Quite the contrary actually. Hence this sarcastic thread created specifically for Tony MO hate. BUT, I think the injury prone thing won't be a huge problem once he gets into NFL shape ( next year maybe)

BossChief
06-28-2010, 04:16 AM
Well, in all seriousness it's the reality of the situation.

I know.

I think its cool that in this poll the people that think he will get 400+ outnumber the people that think he will get 200- by almost 3-1. I love reading the draft threads reactions of when he was drafted...I think I was the only one there that was actually happy about the selection and then Milkman posts "well, we know BossChief is happy right now"

You're my boy Tony!

Saccopoo
06-28-2010, 04:19 AM
I know.

I think its cool that in this poll the people that think he will get 400+ outnumber the people that think he will get 200- by almost 3-1. I love reading the draft threads reactions of when he was drafted...I think I was the only one there that was actually happy about the selection and then Milkman posts "well, we know BossChief is happy right now"

You're my boy Tony!

Gonzalez could have gone up for that pass on the crossbar. Can Moeaki?

BossChief
06-28-2010, 04:22 AM
Gonzalez could have gone up for that pass on the crossbar. Can Moeaki?ROFL

Ricki Stanzi is alright, but his passes aren't on point much more than Cassels and the kid caught about everything in sight (but had the occasional drop as Tony G did)

Nobody would have caught that one though.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-28-2010, 11:25 AM
For that level of production, trading up and losing one of the fifth rounders was a fucking tard move

Caring about losing extra late-round garbage is a fucking tard move.

Gonzalez could have gone up for that pass on the crossbar. Can Moeaki?

Yeah...Gonzales isn't a fucking "Tom Brady anomaly" in the NFL or anything...

Jesus Christ, Sacc...:rolleyes:

DeezNutz
06-28-2010, 11:35 AM
Caring about losing extra late-round garbage is a ****ing tard move.

That "garbage" is pretty important, dude. A team needs to be able to find production in rounds 3-5, and these are prime spots to get valuable offensive linemen, return specialists (hello, Scott), and special teamers.

Bowser
06-28-2010, 11:38 AM
3-400 yards, with 2-3 TD's. About what you'd expect from an oft injured TE in a Weiss offense.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-28-2010, 12:08 PM
That "garbage" is pretty important, dude. A team needs to be able to find production in rounds 3-5, and these are prime spots to get valuable offensive linemen, return specialists (hello, Scott), and special teamers.

Had there been only one 5th rounder I might, MIGHT be inclined to split hairs and get pissy about it, but I refuse to lose sleep over the loss of an extra 5th round pick because the 5th round skirts the edges of the wasteland, so to speak.