PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Fedor....

SnakeXJones
06-26-2010, 09:49 PM
just tapped like a bitch

TRR
06-26-2010, 09:50 PM
Your an idiot. Tapped like a bitch? He had him in a triangle and an arm bar. Your take is amateur.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reaper16
06-26-2010, 09:50 PM
LMAO

SAUTO
06-26-2010, 09:51 PM
wow just wow
Posted via Mobile Device

SnakeXJones
06-26-2010, 09:52 PM
Your an idiot. Tapped like a bitch? He had him in a triangle and an arm bar. Your take is amateur.
Posted via Mobile Device No but it's funny the all-mighty great one tapped out

TRR
06-26-2010, 09:58 PM
No but it's funny the all-mighty great one tapped out

Everyone loses. The guy is 31-2. There will be a rematch down the road.
Posted via Mobile Device

SnakeXJones
06-26-2010, 10:00 PM
Everyone loses. The guy is 31-2. There will be a rematch down the road.
Posted via Mobile Device Don't get me wrong I was pissed he lost but it looks like a mental mistake from him and no doubt

TrickyNicky
06-26-2010, 10:05 PM
It happens to everyone. He hasn't fought many other world class heavyweight jiu-jitsu guys so its not so surprising.

KcMizzou
06-26-2010, 10:18 PM
It happens to everyone. He hasn't fought many other world class heavyweight jiu-jitsu guys so its not so surprising.Still, it has an impact. The name itself (Fedor) won't be the same. He's always been like some mythical, unbeatable figure.

Now that he's lost, he needs to get his ass to the UFC and see if he can prove the doubters wrong.

SnakeXJones
06-26-2010, 10:21 PM
Still, it has an impact. The name itself (Fedor) won't be the same. He's always been like some mythical, unbeatable figure.

Now that he's lost, he needs to get his ass to the UFC and see if he can prove the doubters wrong. He should've signed there in the first place instead of a 3 fight contract with shitty strikeforce

MadMax
06-26-2010, 10:26 PM
I actually like Fedor, but everyone loses in MMA sooner or later. Bring his ass to UFC and lets see him get jacked or fuck someone up.

Crashride
06-26-2010, 10:33 PM
once again basic bjj succeeds.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-26-2010, 10:38 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

ROFL

Talk about the reaction he was looking for................

Brock
06-26-2010, 10:39 PM
Machida got KTFO.

KcMizzou
06-26-2010, 10:42 PM
Machida got KTFO.Yeah? So?

Machida wasn't near the "name" Fedor is. Fedor's an MMA Legend.

I guess I don't understand what one has to do with the other.

Halfcan
06-26-2010, 11:34 PM
I think Lesner would beat the tampon out of fedor.

UL Washington
06-26-2010, 11:41 PM
From a marketing perspective he just lost tens of millions as a "brand" which is kind of funny, the mystique is gone, he tapped like a little bitch,

SnakeXJones
06-26-2010, 11:47 PM
I hope the russian mob didnt put money on their golden boy

Buck
06-27-2010, 12:04 AM
Anyone have a vid of the match?

Mr. Flopnuts
06-27-2010, 12:04 AM
Anyone have a vid of the match?

They just showed the tapout on ESPN. Just that part alone had to be about half the match.

Buck
06-27-2010, 12:28 AM
Just found the vid.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/r254ncFfv24&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/r254ncFfv24&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

First of all, Gus Johnson can make any bad event sound great.

Secondly, he didn't tap like a bitch, he was in that choke hold for over 30 seconds.

Lastly, that guy has got some power (Fedor). That punch almost ended the fight and it ended up costing him. I wish he was in the UFC.

Halfcan
06-27-2010, 12:33 AM
Sorry Fedor looked fat, slow and unmotivated-I think Randy Cotoure could beat him.

Buck
06-27-2010, 12:39 AM
Sorry Fedor looked fat, slow and unmotivated-I think Randy Cotoure could beat him.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o109/Aceofspadezs/HA_HA_HA_OH_WOW.jpg

SPchief
06-27-2010, 01:14 AM
Just found the vid.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/r254ncFfv24&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/r254ncFfv24&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Secondly, he didn't tap like a bitch, he was in that choke hold for over 30 seconds.

Lastly, that guy has got some power (Fedor). That punch almost ended the fight and it ended up costing him. I wish he was in the UFC.
a. yes
b. ill have to rewatch this tommorow but no way it was longer than 10 seconds
c.again this is the first time ive seen fedor fight and no way he could compete in UFC

SnakeXJones
06-27-2010, 01:26 AM
Just found the vid.

<object height="385" width="480">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/r254ncFfv24&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="480"></object>

Lastly, that guy has got some power (Fedor). That punch almost ended the fight and it ended up costing him. I wish he was in the UFC. I say he tapped like a bitch cause this is the very first legitimate win against fedor and he tapped but i couldnt tell did cause of the quality was the armbar connected(or almost) then looked like fedor got out of it then the armbar was connected again then fedor tapped

Buck
06-27-2010, 02:45 AM
a. yes
b. ill have to rewatch this tommorow but no way it was longer than 10 seconds
c.again this is the first time ive seen fedor fight and no way he could compete in UFC

It was about 26 seconds.

Pushead2
06-27-2010, 02:57 AM
I don't watch MMA, but for a "legend" he didn't look like he was in good shape at all. Has he always looked like that?

suds79
06-27-2010, 08:38 AM
As much as I'd like to pile on Fedor (I'm not a fan because I think its chickensh!t that he won't face the best in the UFC) I won't do it here.

Everybody loses sooner or later in MMA. It's just the nature of the sport.

Still a shame he won't come to the UFC. I think that says something. Guess we'll never know how he would have done there. :shake:

stevieray
06-27-2010, 08:59 AM
Yeah? So?

Machida wasn't near the "name" Fedor is. Fedor's an MMA Legend.

I guess I don't understand what one has to do with the other.Machida got knocked out because the original strike that took him down was behind the ear...

TRR
06-27-2010, 09:54 AM

You don't watch much MMA do you...
Posted via Mobile Device

BigCatDaddy
06-27-2010, 11:16 AM
The game keeps involving and guys today are much better then when he was dominating Pride. The thing is he didn't look that impressive against Brett Rogers either. So this seems to be somewhat of a trend.

Duck Dog
06-27-2010, 11:16 AM
From a marketing perspective he just lost tens of millions as a "brand" which is kind of funny, the mystique is gone, he tapped like a little bitch,

Some of you are just idiotic.

BigCatDaddy
06-27-2010, 11:22 AM
Some of you are just idiotic.

I think a lot of this is backlash from people like The Guardian telling people that are idiots for even thinking someone like Lesnar could beat Fedor.

Halfcan
06-27-2010, 11:56 AM
You don't watch much MMA do you...
Posted via Mobile Device

I was baseing my comments on that clip-he had a pilsberry dough belly and was submitted my supposedly a lessor competitor-what was I suppose to say-"wow Fedork looked Great!!!" :shake:

yes I watch MMA a lot-but mostly UFC.

Halfcan
06-27-2010, 11:57 AM
I think a lot of this is backlash from people like The Guardian telling people that are idiots for even thinking someone like Lesnar could beat Fedor.

Lesnar at least comes to a match in shape.

Pablo
06-27-2010, 12:53 PM
I was baseing my comments on that clip-he had a pilsberry dough belly and was submitted my supposedly a lessor competitor-what was I suppose to say-"wow Fedork looked Great!!!" :shake:

yes I watch MMA a lot-but mostly UFC.So the guy isn't cut...BFD.

He didn't lose that match because he wasn't cut.

That's the mass appeal Lesnar brings.

Oh look, a steroid giant with muscles on top of muscles!!! He must be the best fighter there ever was because he looks so goddamn strong.

Pablo
06-27-2010, 12:54 PM
Lesnar at least comes to a match in shape.The dude has won 30+ matches looking just like that. Ask the people he's KTFO or submitted if being ripped was why they lost.

CoMoChief
06-27-2010, 01:04 PM
ROFL

Guardian's probably too busy playing with his little mini-corndog weiner w/ his thumb in his ass, to stop by in this thread.

Bwana
06-27-2010, 01:35 PM
Any given fight...........you never know.

TRR
06-27-2010, 01:36 PM

yes I watch MMA a lot-but mostly UFC.

What are you supposed to say? Do some research about the guy, and form an opinion instead of basing your opinion off of his abs, and a 30 second clip. Its not a Mr. Olympia contest, its MMA.
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
06-27-2010, 01:52 PM
30 plus wins and one legit loss and people pile on. wow.

the guy is a great fighter and the classiest mma fighter BY FAR imo. deserves some respect.

they asked him how he felt after losing and he said that you cant stand up od you dont fall.

he stood in the ring throughout all the celebration of werdum and his camp? through all the interviews and everything and handled it with class.

brock and others should take note how to conduct themselves.
Posted via Mobile Device

teedubya
06-27-2010, 03:13 PM
Just found the vid.

They need some more advertisements on that ring, methinks.

TheGuardian
06-27-2010, 04:35 PM

That's what Fedor always looks like you fucking moron. No one has ever questioned his cardio.

And THIS is why I go off on stupid ass mother fuckers trying to comment about MMA.

Brock
06-27-2010, 04:42 PM

If looks won fights, Kimbo Slice wouldn't have gotten his head beaten in by some fat kid last night.

Bwana
06-27-2010, 04:44 PM
If looks won fights, Kimbo Slice wouldn't have gotten his head beaten in by some fat kid last night.

Kimbo Slice needs to go back to rounding up beer cans and get out of MMA.

KCUnited
06-27-2010, 04:53 PM

Just to be clear, that Spike fight wasn't live last night.

RNR
06-27-2010, 05:06 PM
Kimbo Slice needs to go back to rounding up beer cans and get out of MMA.

He got into it late in life. Had he started young and developed his skills he could have been a heck of a fighter. He is nothing but a known name and a carnival act. He was much more impressive knocking out drunks on the internet~

RNR
06-27-2010, 05:10 PM
30 plus wins and one legit loss and people pile on. wow.

the guy is a great fighter and the classiest mma fighter BY FAR imo. deserves some respect.

they asked him how he felt after losing and he said that you cant stand up od you dont fall.

he stood in the ring throughout all the celebration of werdum and his camp? through all the interviews and everything and handled it with class.

brock and others should take note how to conduct themselves.
Posted via Mobile Device

From what I have seen most all MMA fighters end up with some losses. It is a different type of fighting, anyone can "get got" on a given night~

Duck Dog
06-27-2010, 07:22 PM
Any given fight...........you never know.

This and....this

That's what Fedor always looks like you ****ing moron. No one has ever questioned his cardio.

And THIS is why I go off on stupid ass mother ****ers trying to comment about MMA.

ArrowheadHawk
06-27-2010, 07:53 PM
Lol at Fedor. Come and play in the UFC now.
Posted via Mobile Device

TheGuardian
06-28-2010, 05:53 AM
Lol at Fedor. Come and play in the UFC now.
Posted via Mobile Device

More dumb shit from you.

Fedor got caught. It happens. He'd still beat that guy 99 out of 100 times and a guy like Lesnar as well.

CoMoChief
06-28-2010, 06:03 AM
So the guy isn't cut...BFD.

He didn't lose that match because he wasn't cut.

That's the mass appeal Lesnar brings.

Oh look, a steroid giant with muscles on top of muscles!!! He must be the best fighter there ever was because he looks so goddamn strong.

Lesnar hasn't touched steroids since he's been out of the WWE, moron.

He's naturally a huge motherfucker. Look at his days in the WWE and then look at him now, completely different. He was about 320 in the WWE.

ArrowheadHawk
06-28-2010, 07:22 AM
More dumb shit from you.

Fedor got caught. It happens. He'd still beat that guy 99 out of 100 times and a guy like Lesnar as well.You have got to be the most worthless poster on this board.

CoMoChief
06-28-2010, 08:15 AM
You have got to be the most worthless poster on this board.

Shhh, the guy's been watching MMA longer than anyone here. Obviously he knows all.

SAUTO
06-28-2010, 09:02 AM

He's naturally a huge motherfucker. Look at his days in the WWE and then look at him now, completely different. He was about 320 in the WWE.

how can you say that with certainty?

Pants
06-28-2010, 09:16 AM
Shhh, the guy's been watching MMA longer than anyone here. Obviously he knows all.

I'm pretty sure he knows more than you. Honestly, as far as entertainment values go, UFC is complete garbage compared to what PrideFC used to be. They had epic tournaments, no weight classes and the best fighters in the world in their prime. Shogun, who knocked Machida the **** out was a much better fighter in his Pride days. Just saying.

CoMoChief
06-28-2010, 09:33 AM
I'm pretty sure he knows more than you. Honestly, as far as entertainment values go, UFC is complete garbage compared to what PrideFC used to be. They had epic tournaments, no weight classes and the best fighters in the world in their prime. Shogun, who knocked Machida the **** out was a much better fighter in his Pride days. Just saying.

Ive never argued that he doesn't know about MMA more than I do, frankly I don't care. But anyone who disagrees w/ him in this thread he wants to make a pissing match out of it.

CoMoChief
06-28-2010, 09:43 AM
how can you say that with certainty?

He's never failed any drug tests as of now, he's said he hasn't taken any since leaving WWE. He's MUCH smaller now than he was then in WWE. Until he fails a drug test while fighting in UFC or something else comes to surface, I have no reason to believe otherwise.

ModSocks
06-28-2010, 09:47 AM
You guys are all stupid. I know Everything about the MMA. Just ask and I'll tell you.

TheGuardian
06-28-2010, 10:33 AM

He's naturally a huge mother****er. Look at his days in the WWE and then look at him now, completely different. He was about 320 in the WWE.

Because he uses GH now you dumbass, like almost all pro athletes use. And they don't test for that. Also, since you don't shit about this, they can create designed steroids simply by changing the molecules around here and there and they work the same way, but are undetectable by current testing standards. This is what Balco labs did and chemists can do it very easily. You don't know anything about this shit so why are you commenting?

Second, he wasn't 320 when he was with the WWE. And he's been busted for anabolics/Gh before but got off on some technicalities. He's not walking around that size naturally. This is about as funny as Mecca saying Cushing was natural when there were pics with him obviously sporting gyno.

Why do you have Lesnar chin nuts so badly?

You have got to be the most worthless poster on this board.

Not as long as you're still posting here.

SAUTO
06-28-2010, 11:14 AM
He's never failed any drug tests as of now, he's said he hasn't taken any since leaving WWE. He's MUCH smaller now than he was then in WWE. Until he fails a drug test while fighting in UFC or something else comes to surface, I have no reason to believe otherwise.

ROFL so you are just assuming?

CoMoChief
06-28-2010, 11:35 AM
ROFL so you are just assuming?

He hasnt failed any drug tests as of yet. And he's A LOT smaller now than he was in WWE. Not even close. Almost like saying Albert Pujols must take steroids because he knocks the crap out of the ball a lot.

SAUTO
06-28-2010, 11:37 AM
He hasnt failed any drug tests as of yet. And he's A LOT smaller now than he was in WWE. Not even close. Almost like saying Albert Pujols must take steroids because he knocks the crap out of the ball a lot.

Whatever man.:rolleyes:

and no it's NOTHING like saying that about pujols

TheGuardian
06-28-2010, 11:40 AM

You do realize that not all steroids make you huge and gigantic right? No, you didn't know that.

You do realize that he gloats about him never failing a test for steroids because he uses GH right? No you didn't know that.

Again, why is it that you have Lesnar's nuts on your chin so bad? His crotch has to be hurting from all the swinging you've done on it.

TheGuardian
06-28-2010, 11:42 AM
But back on topic, what is crazy about how stupid people get with MMA and who is great, is that Fedor hasn't lost in 10 years, and loses to a guy with unreal BJJ ability and he sucks and couldn't win in the UFC.

Yet Brock Lesnar has beaten virtually no one, and has 5 matches under his belt in MMA and the guy is greatest HW walking around? It's stupid on a level that is hard to comprehend.

bluehawkdoc
06-28-2010, 11:44 AM
Reading some of the comments in this thread makes me believe that at least some of the posters in this thread have brains that "just tapped like a bitch".

SAUTO
06-28-2010, 11:47 AM
But back on topic, what is crazy about how stupid people get with MMA and who is great, is that Fedor hasn't lost in 10 years, and loses to a guy with unreal BJJ ability and he sucks and couldn't win in the UFC.

Yet Brock Lesnar has beaten virtually no one, and has 5 matches under his belt in MMA and the guy is greatest HW walking around? It's stupid on a level that is hard to comprehend.

thats why i posted their career fight records the other day, made no difference to some though...

TheGuardian
06-28-2010, 11:56 AM
thats why i posted their career fight records the other day, made no difference to some though...

That's because people get enthralled with a guy like Lesnar because they love the fact that he's a heel and has "attitude" but completely ignore the fact that he's got wins over well, no one really to mention other than Frank Mir. And Mir is only a debatable top 10 HW. He hasn't fought a great BJJ guy, a great kick boxer or striker yet (he's about to). He fought a 900 year old Randy Couture, who is a great wrestler, but weighs 220 pounds and is WELLLL past his prime.

Brock hasn't really proven anything other than he can lay on top of guys and use his mass to control the mat. This does not impress me. He's the HW version of Tito in Tito's prime. He has no standup, and when a guy can come in and nullify his ability to take him down he'll be done. And these Lesnar nut huggers will look really fuckin stupid.

ArrowheadHawk
06-28-2010, 12:26 PM
That's because people get enthralled with a guy like Lesnar because they love the fact that he's a heel and has "attitude" but completely ignore the fact that he's got wins over well, no one really to mention other than Frank Mir. And Mir is only a debatable top 10 HW. He hasn't fought a great BJJ guy, a great kick boxer or striker yet (he's about to). He fought a 900 year old Randy Couture, who is a great wrestler, but weighs 220 pounds and is WELLLL past his prime.

Brock hasn't really proven anything other than he can lay on top of guys and use his mass to control the mat. This does not impress me. He's the HW version of Tito in Tito's prime. He has no standup, and when a guy can come in and nullify his ability to take him down he'll be done. And these Lesnar nut huggers will look really ****in stupid.Why can't all your post be like this? Why do you find the need to resort to childish name calling? I can see there is some inteligence in your head. There's no need for all the attacks. This is a message board where we can debate topics. Just because someone else has a different opinion doesn't mean that you need to attack them.

CoMoChief
06-28-2010, 12:42 PM
Why can't all your post be like this? Why do you find the need to resort to childish name calling? I can see there is some inteligence in your head. There's no need for all the attacks. This is a message board where we can debate topics. Just because someone else has a different opinion doesn't mean that you need to attack them.

Shhh he knows all remember? He's been watching MMA for YEARS!!!!!

TheGuardian
06-28-2010, 12:50 PM
Why can't all your post be like this? Why do you find the need to resort to childish name calling? I can see there is some inteligence in your head. There's no need for all the attacks. This is a message board where we can debate topics. Just because someone else has a different opinion doesn't mean that you need to attack them.

I'm posting around people who use the name "Oversteem" and make statements like "Fedor tapped like a bitch. Tell him to come to UFC now."

there isn't anyone in UFC that Fedor wouldn't walk through. Lesnar, Carwin, Velasquez, Dos Santos, etc doesn't matter. Could some of these guys beat Fedor? Of course. Would Fedor win the majority of the time against those guys? Yes. Based on what? The fact that he's the best fighter and most well rounded guy in the world. This doesn't mean he CAN'T lose, but he's the closest thing we have to a perfect fighter. Does he look the part? No. But that really has nothing to do with being great. Lots of guys look like Tarzan and play like Jane.

Shhh he knows all remember? He's been watching MMA for YEARS!!!!!

Actually I have. From the very first UFC to Pancrase to Pride. The biggest problem with it now is that you have new guys watching it without understanding enough yet they make lots of idiotic comments. You see that shit in this thread with people saying Fedor showed up out of shape. You know someone posting that knows jack and shit about MMA, and jack left town. So I burn them down. People who are ignorant about a topic shouldn't go commenting on said topic.

ModSocks
06-28-2010, 12:51 PM
Jesus.

I thought we settled this already. I know everything there is to know about MMA. I am the expert here. All of you arguing about is da smerter is stoopid. I am the smertest.

ArrowheadHawk
06-28-2010, 12:59 PM
I'm posting around people who use the name "Oversteem" and make statements like "Fedor tapped like a bitch. Tell him to come to UFC now."

there isn't anyone in UFC that Fedor wouldn't walk through. Lesnar, Carwin, Velasquez, Dos Santos, etc doesn't matter. Could some of these guys beat Fedor? Of course. Would Fedor win the majority of the time against those guys? Yes. Based on what? The fact that he's the best fighter and most well rounded guy in the world. This doesn't mean he CAN'T lose, but he's the closest thing we have to a perfect fighter. Does he look the part? No. But that really has nothing to do with being great. Lots of guys look like Tarzan and play like Jane.

Actually I have. From the very first UFC to Pancrase to Pride. The biggest problem with it now is that you have new guys watching it without understanding enough yet they make lots of idiotic comments. You see that shit in this thread with people saying Fedor showed up out of shape. You know someone posting that knows jack and shit about MMA, and jack left town. So I burn them down. People who are ignorant about a topic shouldn't go commenting on said topic.

I have watched a lot of MMA also. Yes most of it has been the UFC and I have seen every UFC event. I try to watch any free event that comes on cable. Unfortunatly most of the Strikeforce events are on Showtime and I aint going to pay for showtime. And as far as watching old pride stuff I am more the type that likes to watch events live and know as much as I can about the sport as it is right now. Not how it was 10 years ago. UFC has been and most likely will always be the cream of the crop when in comes to MMA which is why most of my attention is geared toward it. I know that Fedor is a great fighter, the only thing I hold against him is that he and Dana White can't work out a deal together. This loss is going to drop his stock, there is no way around that. Fedor should be in the UFC. End of story. So when Strikeforce goes under is he going to join a different organization or is he going to join the UFC. I hope he joins the UFC. Also you are trying to lump most of us into the same category. I don't give a shit about Lesnar. I hope Carwin knocks him the **** out.

Pants
06-28-2010, 01:05 PM
I have watched a lot of MMA also. Yes most of it has been the UFC and I have seen every UFC event. I try to watch any free event that comes on cable. Unfortunatly most of the Strikeforce events are on Showtime and I aint going to pay for showtime. And as far as watching old pride stuff I am more the type that likes to watch events live and know as much as I can about the sport as it is right now. Not how it was 10 years ago. UFC has been and most likely will always be the cream of the crop when in comes to MMA which is why most of my attention is geared toward it. I know that Fedor is a great fighter, the only thing I hold against him is that he and Dana White can't work out a deal together. This loss is going to drop his stock, there is no way around that. Fedor should be in the UFC. End of story. So when Strikeforce goes under is he going to join a different organization or is he going to join the UFC. I hope he joins the UFC. Also you are trying to lump most of us into the same category. I don't give a shit about Lesnar. I hope Carwin knocks him the **** out.

That's too bad really. You should honestly consider downloading old Pride cards or rent some DVDs, because UFC pales in comparison. Yakuza destroyed Pride, what a fucking travesty that is.

Brock
06-28-2010, 01:06 PM
This loss is going to drop his stock, there is no way around that.

Uh, not really. If he were to sign with UFC today, he'd still get the biggest contract in the history of the organizations.

ArrowheadHawk
06-28-2010, 01:07 PM
That's too bad really. You should honestly consider downloading old Pride cards or rent some DVDs, because UFC pales in comparison. Yakuza destroyed Pride, what a ****ing travesty that is.I'll think about it. I have been severely disapointed with other cards I have watched. The crap that has been shown on CBS is horrible. I can't believe what they try to pass off as quality. I mean come on.

ArrowheadHawk
06-28-2010, 01:08 PM
Uh, not really. If he were to sign with UFC today, he'd still get the biggest contract in the history of the organizations.Before the loss he had an air of invinciblity, that is gone now.

Brock
06-28-2010, 01:10 PM
Before the loss he had an air of invinciblity, that is gone now.

Well, only fools think any of these fighters are invincible.

ArrowheadHawk
06-28-2010, 01:15 PM
Well, only fools think any of these fighters are invincible.True.

Brock
06-28-2010, 01:17 PM
True.

So, his stock among fools is the only thing that's harmed by this loss. It's unimportant in the big picture.

Jerm
06-28-2010, 01:19 PM
Fedor is the most well rounded fighter in the world???

Uh I don't think so....GSP and B.J. Penn are a lot more truly well rounded.

ArrowheadHawk
06-28-2010, 01:21 PM
So, his stock among fools is the only thing that's harmed by this loss. It's unimportant in the big picture.Well not exactly. He was very high on the perch. Now he is slightly lower. Due to this loss many will consider the winner of the Carwin Lesnar fight as the best Heavyweight in the world. Right or wrong that's what will happen.

Brock
06-28-2010, 01:24 PM
Well not exactly. He was very high on the perch. Now he is slightly lower. Due to this loss many will consider the winner of the Carwin Lesnar fight as the best Heavyweight in the world. Right or wrong that's what will happen.

You're talking about people who watch UFC and only UFC and think Chuck Liddell is the greatest fighter ever.

Pants
06-28-2010, 01:25 PM
You're talking about people who watch UFC and only UFC and think Chuck Liddell is the greatest fighter ever.

LMAO

ArrowheadHawk
06-28-2010, 01:30 PM
You're talking about people who watch UFC and only UFC and think Chuck Liddell is the greatest fighter ever.Ok, I admit that shit right there is funny.

Saccopoo
06-28-2010, 01:34 PM
...Dostoevsky was a brilliant writer. I think his introspective existentialism would kick the shit out of Melville's metaphysical modernism. How about a hypothetical "write-off" like Animal Planet or Discovery or NatGeo does when they have two animals "fight;" e.g., the rhinoceros versus the elephant, the salt water crocodile versus the great white shark, etc.

Now that's something that CBS could really sell to their viewing audience.

ArrowheadHawk
06-28-2010, 01:37 PM
...Dostoevsky was a brilliant writer. I think his introspective existentialism would kick the shit out of Melville's metaphysical modernism. How about a hypothetical "write-off" like Animal Planet or Discovery or NatGeo does when they have two animals "fight;" e.g., the rhinoceros versus the elephant, the salt water crocodile versus the great white shark, etc.

Now that's something that CBS could really sell to their viewing audience.:spock:

TheGuardian
06-28-2010, 01:53 PM

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Good Lord.

See what I mean?

Penn = Still has cardio problems and doesn't nor will ever have the discipline required to be as good as his natural ability says he can be.

GSP = Great overall fighter but lacks the ability to finish a lot of his fights and has a suspect chin. If GSP finished more I'd say he could rival Fedor.

Fedor = Unreal work ethic. Knockout power, great sub ability, great ability to recover, great ability to time everything he does. Fedor doesn't really have a weakness. Again, it doesn't mean he can't get caught but he's as close to a perfect fighter as there is.

CoMoChief
06-28-2010, 01:56 PM

Depends on what BJP you get.

The best well rounded fighter wouldn't always win in a fight. I think Anderson Silva would destroy GSP in a catch weight fight.

I would really LOOOOVE to see that fight.

TheGuardian
06-28-2010, 01:56 PM

This is gold. :clap:

Saccopoo
06-28-2010, 01:58 PM

He's not?

El Jefe
06-28-2010, 02:09 PM

Good Lord.

See what I mean?

Penn = Still has cardio problems and doesn't nor will ever have the discipline required to be as good as his natural ability says he can be.

GSP = Great overall fighter but lacks the ability to finish a lot of his fights and has a suspect chin. If GSP finished more I'd say he could rival Fedor.

Fedor = Unreal work ethic. Knockout power, great sub ability, great ability to recover, great ability to time everything he does. Fedor doesn't really have a weakness. Again, it doesn't mean he can't get caught but he's as close to a perfect fighter as there is.

Solid analysis IMO.

SAUTO
06-28-2010, 02:39 PM

Good Lord.

See what I mean?

Solid analysis IMO.

i totally agree. and fedor gets cut most fights and it doesnt faze him. thats really impressive to me.

mcaj22
06-28-2010, 02:43 PM
Fedor has also fought a lot cans over seas that pad his stats. It will be interesting to see if he ever gets back to back fights of top tier talent in his class how he would actually do, between fights, training, camps, etc.

It's easy to win when you get to squash can opponents 80 percent of your fights. Not saying he's a bad fighter, but I'm saying his numbers are skewed. Great fighter that should be fighting with the best, but he isn't.

Valiant
06-28-2010, 03:05 PM

He always looks like that..

He got caught.. He did last awhile though.. Did not go out like a bitch..
But now others know he can be beat.. So it will be interesting to see what happens from here..

BIG_DADDY
06-28-2010, 03:11 PM
Fedor is a bitch? Whatever.

SAUTO
06-28-2010, 03:35 PM
Fedor has also fought a lot cans over seas that pad his stats. It will be interesting to see if he ever gets back to back fights of top tier talent in his class how he would actually do, between fights, training, camps, etc.

It's easy to win when you get to squash can opponents 80 percent of your fights. Not saying he's a bad fighter, but I'm saying his numbers are skewed. Great fighter that should be fighting with the best, but he isn't.

ROFL his record is a who's who from those years

Sfeihc
06-28-2010, 03:44 PM
Fedor doesn't have a weakness? You mean like jumping on top of a BJJ expert at the beginning of the fight so that he may submit you?

TheGuardian
06-28-2010, 03:52 PM

The "cans" he fought overseas is like a fucking whos who of MMA dumbass.

The "best" is who? Lesnar? Fuck no. Carwin? Fuck no. The HW division in UFC is the best it has ever been. That doesn't mean it's great because it still isn't "great". It's just better than the shit sandwich that it was.

Fedor doesn't have a weakness? You mean like jumping on top of a BJJ expert at the beginning of the fight so that he may submit you?

It's obvious you're another MMA fucking n00b. Now go ahead and tell me you've been watching since UFC 1. It's the standard comeback.

Pants
06-28-2010, 03:55 PM
LMAO

RNR
06-28-2010, 04:00 PM
ROFL his record is a who's who from those years

It reminds me of this pre fight trash talk and what was said later LMAO
Chávez vs. Haugen
featured trash talk from Haugen, who derided Chavez's 82-fight unbeaten streak as consisting mostly of "Tijuana taxi drivers that my mother could have knocked out" and insisting that "There aren't 130,000 Mexicans who can afford tickets" to see the fight in Estadio Azteca. Chavez responded by saying, "I really hate him bad. When he looks at me, I want to vomit. I am going to give him the worst beating of his life; I am going to make him swallow the words that came out of his dirty mouth."[12] Haugen was proven wrong on both counts: 132,274 showed up to set a record for fight attendance, and they watched Chávez drop Haugen quickly and then back off with the apparent intention of punishing him for his prefight remarks. However, the referee had seen enough by the fifth round and stopped it for a TKO victory for Chávez. After the fight, Chávez commented to Haugen; "Now you know I don't fight with taxi drivers", and a bloodied Haugen sportingly responded, "They must have been tough taxi drivers."[13].

BIG_DADDY
06-28-2010, 04:04 PM
There are some amazingly moronic statements made in this thread

TheGuardian
06-28-2010, 04:04 PM
It reminds me of this pre fight trash talk and what was said later LMAO
Chávez vs. Haugen
featured trash talk from Haugen, who derided Chavez's 82-fight unbeaten streak as consisting mostly of "Tijuana taxi drivers that my mother could have knocked out" and insisting that "There aren't 130,000 Mexicans who can afford tickets" to see the fight in Estadio Azteca. Chavez responded by saying, "I really hate him bad. When he looks at me, I want to vomit. I am going to give him the worst beating of his life; I am going to make him swallow the words that came out of his dirty mouth."[12] Haugen was proven wrong on both counts: 132,274 showed up to set a record for fight attendance, and they watched Chávez drop Haugen quickly and then back off with the apparent intention of punishing him for his prefight remarks. However, the referee had seen enough by the fifth round and stopped it for a TKO victory for Chávez. After the fight, Chávez commented to Haugen; "Now you know I don't fight with taxi drivers", and a bloodied Haugen sportingly responded, "They must have been tough taxi drivers."[13].

HAH!!!!!!!!!! Sweet action.

SAUTO
06-28-2010, 04:38 PM
There are some amazingly moronic statements made in this thread

they just dont want to know.

RNR
06-28-2010, 05:04 PM
they just dont want to know.

I have stayed out of the mix because I am fairly new to MMA. That said I have a hard time buying into the Fedor sucks crowd. The two top UFC heavyweight badasses have 17 fights and the favorite is 4-1, Fedor has almost twice as many fights as both combined :spock:

BIG_DADDY
06-28-2010, 05:25 PM
I have stayed out of the mix because I am fairly new to MMA. That said I have a hard time buying into the Fedor sucks crowd. The two top UFC heavyweight badasses have 17 fights and the favorite is 4-1, Fedor has almost twice as many fights as both combined :spock:

Fedor is a great fighter who has has done some amazing things. That said, not coming to the UFC will effect the way he is remembered. To say the guy is a pussy and sucks though is beyond moronic. Reminds me of the curs in the crowd yelling estrogen laced obscenities at the fighters putting it on all on the line. It's pathetic.

RNR
06-28-2010, 05:48 PM
Fedor is a great fighter who has has done some amazing things. That said, not coming to the UFC will effect the way he is remembered. To say the guy is a pussy and sucks though is beyond moronic. Reminds me of the curs in the crowd yelling estrogen laced obscenities at the fighters putting it on all on the line. It's pathetic.

I have traded leather and faced men outside the ring. I like you find it pathetic. Men who have never had the balls to stand the test talking shit. The same crap goes on in other sports, you have these clowns who have never competed yelling and talking shit. Nothing less than gutless cowards~

SAUTO
06-28-2010, 06:08 PM

my post wasnt directed at you for sure. you have been upfront and fair in all of these related threads.
Posted via Mobile Device

RNR
06-28-2010, 06:12 PM
my post wasnt directed at you for sure. you have been upfront and fair in all of these related threads.
Posted via Mobile Device

I did not take it that way at all. You have clearly followed this sport and know what you are talking about. I am still leaning the sport~

sandynme
06-28-2010, 06:16 PM
its pronounced FADEEEEERRRRRRR.... just like his dreams

SAUTO
06-28-2010, 06:20 PM
I did not take it that way at all. You have clearly followed this sport and know what you are talking about. I am still leaning the sport~

like i have said look up some of the prides. wanderlei vs a 75 lb heavier mark hunt was great. (they said hunt was 20 lbs more but bas disagreed and said FOR SURE 75.

THE FIRST COUPLE OF MIddleweight tourns are great, tons of good fedor. sakaraba the gracie killer, if you need more just ask.

cards work great no lazy bs. you lose 10percent of your money.....
Posted via Mobile Device

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-28-2010, 08:02 PM
Chavez got the benefit of the worst stoppage in boxing history against Meldrick Taylor. That dude won so many fights he lost solely because of Don King and the corruption within boxing.

TheGuardian
06-28-2010, 08:56 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Yup. RnR and I have traded verbal jabs on here about other things but for an MMA n00b he's been more than solid.

KcMizzou
06-28-2010, 09:17 PM
Yup. RnR and I have traded verbal jabs on here about other things but for an MMA n00b he's been more than solid.I think RnR knows a lot more about the sport than some others who've pretended to know more than they do.

The thing is, in the grand scheme of things, it's a very new sport... so there are going to be lots of "noobs"... as it becomes more and more popular.

That's a good thing, if you're a fan.