PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Herolympics Explosive Eight - Round 4, Matchup 2

Hammock Parties
06-27-2010, 01:30 PM
Final eight. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=6844529&postcount=432)

Dutch is finally going to smack this pussy out of the Herolympics. Long overdue.

In fact, look at Dutch. He's not even worried. He's just chomping his cigar while Bourne wets his pants at the mere sight of Dutch.

GET TO THA FINAL FOWAAAAAA!

http://sottoxvoce.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/jason-bourne-gun_001_1197330917.jpg http://images.allmoviephoto.com/1987_Predator/1987_predator_012.jpg

RedNFeisty
06-27-2010, 01:32 PM
I want to vote for Bourne, but I know he doesn't stand a chance.

ThaVirus
06-27-2010, 02:15 PM
Bourne in a decent fight. The only thing Arnie has on him is firepower and bigger biceps..

RedNFeisty
06-27-2010, 02:19 PM
Bourne in a decent fight. The only thing Arnie has on him is firepower and bigger biceps..

Not to mention, Bourne is way cuter!! I want to change my vote!!!

kysirsoze
06-27-2010, 02:44 PM
In a one on one fight, I'll usually take finesse over firepower. Bourne, but it was still a hard pick.

Valiant
06-27-2010, 02:47 PM
Well since they are both good guys and have the automatic good guy aim.. Dutch with sheer firepower..

Hammock Parties
06-27-2010, 02:49 PM

In a one on one fight, I'll usually take finesse over firepower. Bourne, but it was still a hard pick.

Have you two even seen Predator?

Jesus Christ, man. Arnold had to go back to the stone age to beat the Predator...he finessed the shit out of that.

kysirsoze
06-27-2010, 02:53 PM
Have you two even seen Predator?

Jesus Christ, man. Arnold had to go back to the stone age to beat the Predator...he finessed the shit out of that.

This would carry more weight if they were in the jungle. A dimly lit maze, however is closer to an urban environment in which Bourne would have some advantage.

They're both excellent at improvisation. However, Dutch's training seems tobe more for open combat while Bourne is trained to identify a single target and eliminate them. It could go either way, but my gut says Bourne.

Hammock Parties
06-27-2010, 02:57 PM
This would carry more weight if they were in the jungle. A dimly lit maze, however is closer to an urban environment in which Bourne would have some advantage.

BULLSHIT! It's far closer to a jungle.

Bourne was constantly in open areas. Dutch eliminated the Predator in CLOSE QUARTERS combat at the end of the movie...and he made bloody shit out of guerillas in CLOSE QUARTERS combat at the beginning of the movie.

HAMAS JENKINS TO THE THREAD IMMEDIATELY.

kysirsoze
06-27-2010, 03:04 PM
BULLSHIT! It's far closer to a jungle.

Bourne was constantly in open areas. Dutch eliminated the Predator in CLOSE QUARTERS combat at the end of the movie...and he made bloody shit out of guerillas in CLOSE QUARTERS combat at the beginning of the movie.

HAMAS JENKINS TO THE THREAD IMMEDIATELY.

Just saying that if Dutch tried that "I'm here!! Kill me!" shit with Jason Bourne, he'd take two between the eyes. Game over.

Pasta Little Brioni
06-27-2010, 03:05 PM
Dutch should win in a landslide IMO

Hammock Parties
06-27-2010, 03:07 PM
Just saying that if Dutch tried that "I'm here!! Kill me!" shit with Jason Bourne, he'd take two between the eyes. Game over.

Your reasoning is faulty. The Predator was without a ranged weapon when Dutch employed that cunning ruse.

Warrior5
06-27-2010, 03:07 PM
Piss on Matt Damon...

Hammock Parties
06-27-2010, 03:09 PM
Piss on Matt Damon...

DUTCH WILL NOT LOSE TO A PUSSY LIKE JASON BOURNE!!!!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cJPa8dGBxfM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cJPa8dGBxfM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

kysirsoze
06-27-2010, 03:10 PM
Your reasoning is faulty. The Predator was without a ranged weapon when Dutch employed that cunning ruse.

I always had a hard time accepting an intergalactic badass like the Predator going out in such a Wile E. Coyote fashion.

Hammock Parties
06-27-2010, 03:12 PM
I always had a hard time accepting an intergalactic badass like the Predator going out in such a Wile E. Coyote fashion.

Yeah well Bourne did great taking out a bunch of chump terrorists....so good for him.

kysirsoze
06-27-2010, 03:19 PM
Yeah well Bourne did great taking out a bunch of chump terrorists....so good for him.

He actually took out a bunch of world-class assassins. Plus, if the Predator wasn't so damn honorable he would have killed Dutch for sure. Bourne is given no such leniency by his opponents.

notorious
06-27-2010, 03:25 PM
Dutch took out a Predator . Predators take out Aliens in hand-to-hand combat.

That's about as bad-ass as it gets, until they fucked it all up in Predator 2. Danny Glover must have killed the internet nerd Predator.

kysirsoze
06-27-2010, 03:27 PM
Dutch took out a Predator . Predators take out Aliens in hand-to-hand combat.

That's about as bad-ass as it gets, until they ****ed it all up in Predator 2. Danny Glover must have killed the internet nerd Predator.

Or Predator's skills are a tad overrated. It's possible.

Deberg_1990
06-27-2010, 03:28 PM
Predators are not nearly as bad assed as advertised. They have alot of advanced alien weapondry to assist them.

notorious
06-27-2010, 03:29 PM
Or Predator's skills are a tad overrated. It's possible.

But the Aliens fucking dominated some heavily armed Marines. It's a coin flip.

ThaVirus
06-27-2010, 03:44 PM
Bourne effectively evaded the American government and several international police forces, going so far as to dispatch a world class assassin with a pen and rolled up newspaper. Go back and watch that opening ambush scene in Predator.. Sloppy, extra sloppy. Put Bourne in the Dutch's shoes and he does just as well (if not better), put Arnie in Bourne's shoes and he gets captured in a day.

kysirsoze
06-27-2010, 03:45 PM
But the Aliens ****ing dominated some heavily armed Marines. It's a coin flip.

A little bit, but the Predators have apparently spent thousands of years at least refining their methods for killing Aliens. They've even evolved a face to defend them from face-huggers. (Which is the dumbest movie tie in ever) The Marines didn't know what they were fighting.

If the Predators had dedicated themselves to learning every weakness and tactic of jungle commandos, maybe Dutch would have been fucked.

Hammock Parties
06-27-2010, 03:49 PM
Bourne effectively evaded the American government and several international police forces, going so far as to dispatch a world class assassin with a pen and rolled up newspaper. Go back and watch that opening ambush scene in Predator.. Sloppy, extra sloppy. Put Bourne in the Dutch's shoes and he does just as well (if not better), put Arnie in Bourne's shoes and he gets captured in a day.

Yes, but this is a whole different ballgame. Bourne doesn't have huge cities to run around in and hide.

It's just him agaibst, a bigger, stronger, more accomplished special forces/mercenary veteran, and a dark, confined space.

PUSSY OUT

ThaVirus
06-27-2010, 03:54 PM
Yes, but this is a whole different ballgame. Bourne doesn't have huge cities to run around in and hide.

It's just him agaibst, a bigger, stronger, more accomplished special forces/mercenary veteran, and a dark, confined space.

PUSSY OUT

Bigger and stronger means veeeeerryy little to a guy as competent as Bourne. Knees, groin, solar plexus, elbows, neck, nose, eyes- All weakpoints that Bourne would exploit on Arnie's ridiculously overmuscled body... You're in serious need of rewatching the Bourne movies, GoChiefs. He NEVER uses brute force to dispatch his opponents, everything he does is tactical beyond belief..

kysirsoze
06-27-2010, 03:54 PM
damn, this is gonna be a close one!

RNR
06-27-2010, 03:56 PM
He actually took out a bunch of world-class assassins. Plus, if the Predator wasn't so damn honorable he would have killed Dutch for sure. Bourne is given no such leniency by his opponents.

Bourne takes out Captain Steriods and it ain't even close~

Rausch
06-27-2010, 04:05 PM
At the end of the movie who the fuck wants to sit down and have a beer with Dutch?...

Ebolapox
06-27-2010, 06:14 PM
joplin.

missouri.

so fuck dutch tape.

Hammock Parties
06-27-2010, 07:34 PM
joplin.

missouri.

so fuck dutch tape.

This is the only reason Bourne has made it so far....all this home cooking is a load of bullshit.

I want the Terminator to stomp on Bourne now....fuck, even Wolverine can gut him.

Fucking bullshit.

Ebolapox
06-27-2010, 07:46 PM
This is the only reason Bourne has made it so far....all this home cooking is a load of bullshit.

I want the Terminator to stomp on Bourne now....fuck, even Wolverine can gut him.

Fucking bullshit.

that's been a problem throughout the competition though... people vote for who is their favorite, NOT who would win a fight. there is an inherent bias for who people's hero may be, so the error for this is extremely high.

Son of Logical
06-27-2010, 08:04 PM

PUSSY OUT

Are we talking a hand to hand fight? I give it to Bourne in a tight space, because he could still move efficiently, because his fighting style is perfectly adaptable to those conditions. Arny is bulky and his style is look how strong I am, I take skill over brute force any day, especially when tight spaced agility is needed.

If we are talking with firearms, Borne would put 1 between Dutch's eyes before Dutch could lift that tree clearer up to do the damage.

Hammock Parties
06-27-2010, 08:07 PM
Fuck all ya'lll.

Jason Bourne ain't got SHIT on a Yautja.

RNR
06-27-2010, 08:19 PM
Are we talking a hand to hand fight? I give it to Bourne in a tight space, because he could still move efficiently, because his fighting style is perfectly adaptable to those conditions. Arny is bulky and his style is look how strong I am, I take skill over brute force any day, especially when tight spaced agility is needed.

If we are talking with firearms, Borne would put 1 between Dutch's eyes before Dutch could lift that tree clearer up to do the damage.

Pretty much, if you are impressed with flexing muscles Dutch is your guy. If you are impressed with fighting and weapon use Bourne is a no brainer in this match up~

notorious
06-27-2010, 08:22 PM
Pretty much, if you are impressed with flexing muscles Dutch is your guy. If you are impressed with fighting and weapon use Bourne is a no brainer in this match up~

If you include movie "atmosphere" then Dutch is pretty tough. He can just walk in front of dozens of heavily armed assholes and pump unlimited rounds of lead into them without getting a scratch.

If this principle holds, Bourne would miss several times while Dutch could shoot him while holding his gun at his hip from 100 yards.

06-27-2010, 08:30 PM
Bourne would take him.

RNR
06-27-2010, 08:30 PM
If you include movie "atmosphere" then Dutch is pretty tough. He can just walk in front of dozens of heavily armed assholes and pump unlimited rounds of lead into them without getting a scratch.

If this principle holds, Bourne would miss several times while Dutch could shoot him while holding his gun at his hip from 100 yards.

Valid point, the Bourne series is puffed up Hollywood crap but is a million times closer to the real world than the B movie crap Dutch plays~

notorious
06-27-2010, 08:33 PM
Valid point, the Bourne series is puffed up Hollywood crap but is a million times closer to the real world than the B movie crap Dutch plays~

LOL I just had flashbacks of that scene where Dutch's team completely obliterates the guerilla camp without any of the good guys getting a scratch (oh shit, except for Jesse Ventura).

Good old American (movie) action.

Going out on a limb here, but the Bourne movies are a hell of a lot more believable then Predator.

Hammock Parties
06-27-2010, 08:35 PM
No one gives a fuck about the real world.

This is the HEROlympics.

ThaVirus
06-27-2010, 08:39 PM
GoChiefs, stop getting your panties all in a bunch. Bourne is the most efficient human being we've seen on the silver screen to date.. For Dutch to lose to such a worthy adversary is nothing to get upset about.

Hammock Parties
06-27-2010, 08:40 PM
IT'S JASON BOURNE

NO ONE WILL REMEMBER THE JASON BOURNE MOVES IN 25 YEARS

NO ONE

Ebolapox
06-27-2010, 08:41 PM
seriously, it seems like GC is way too emotionally vested in this competition. I know it's his baby, but whatever happened to impartiality? you, sir, are no rain man.

RNR
06-27-2010, 08:41 PM
No one gives a **** about the real world.

This is the HEROlympics.

LMAO gochiefs your hero may still win, the vote is just not going the way you planned right now~

RNR
06-27-2010, 08:42 PM
seriously, it seems like GC is way too emotionally vested in this competition. I know it's his baby, but whatever happened to impartiality? you, sir, are no rain man.

No shit~

Hammock Parties
06-27-2010, 08:42 PM

Hey, everyone has been bitching at some point during this thing......now it's my turn.

DUTCH CANNOT LOOSE TO A GQ PUSSY! IT GOES AGAINST NATURE!

KCGridironBeast
06-27-2010, 10:02 PM
It's a moot point. No one is beating the Terminator.

RedNFeisty
06-27-2010, 10:04 PM
IT'S JASON BOURNE

NO ONE WILL REMEMBER THE JASON BOURNE MOVES IN 25 YEARS

NO ONE

I will! :drool:

ThaVirus
06-27-2010, 10:16 PM

I disagree. Wolverine's got it in the bag..

kysirsoze
06-27-2010, 11:45 PM
I disagree. Wolverine's got it in the bag..

This.

Plus, I will likely be voting down the Terminator in the next round because I don't think he really has a place in this competition. I would have voted against him before if he wasn't going up against fucking Brian Mills.

Crush
06-28-2010, 12:20 AM
For Terminator vs Wolverine, I really wish there was a "They both die" option. Fuck them both.

06-28-2010, 05:37 AM

You can't be serious.

Rain Man
06-28-2010, 08:26 AM
LOL I just had flashbacks of that scene where Dutch's team completely obliterates the guerilla camp without any of the good guys getting a scratch (oh shit, except for Jesse Ventura).

Good old American (movie) action.

Going out on a limb here, but the Bourne movies are a hell of a lot more believable then Predator.

but maybe if dutch was in the bourne movies they'd seem unbelievable too, because dutch is such a strong hero. 'believable' only means that the hero isn't dominating, therefore dutch is the stronger hero.
Posted via Mobile Device

notorious
06-28-2010, 04:56 PM
Are all of the youngin's voting up Bourne? Dutch would put a good old-fashioned 80's action movie ass whoopin' on him.