PDA

View Full Version : ChiefsPlanet ChiefsPlanet and Your Life?

Donger
06-29-2010, 11:43 AM
I'm curious as to the influence that ChiefsPlanet has had upon your lives, specifically major, life-changing events. Please provide examples, if any, such as:

CP led me to a new job.

I met my spouse on CP.

Etc.

Thanks.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-29-2010, 11:45 AM
CP put the thought in my head that I needed to make my first honest attempt at losing some weight. I've lost 175lbs so far.

ArrowheadHawk
06-29-2010, 11:46 AM
Thanks to CP I met some really cool peeps in Vegas and got free food and drinks.

CaliforniaChief
06-29-2010, 11:47 AM
I'm curious as to the influence that ChiefsPlanet has had upon your lives, specifically major, life-changing events. Please provide examples, if any, such as:

CP led me to a new job.

I met my spouse on CP.

Etc.

Thanks.

Wow, those are pretty significant.

Influence? I wouldn't say much real-life influence for me...I have grown to appreciate opinions within the community of Chiefs fans...have gotten some hilarious stuff to forward on to friends...and watched some sporting events while posting on here, which makes it more interesting.

BWillie
06-29-2010, 11:49 AM
Yeah I got nothing. It just wastes my time most of the time but gives me some good breaks from work.

Donger
06-29-2010, 11:49 AM
CP put the thought in my head that I needed to make my first honest attempt at losing some weight. I've lost 175lbs so far.

Wow, that's awesome.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-29-2010, 11:52 AM
Wow, that's awesome.

Thanks.

Here's the proof. It starts at post 20 for me. I weighed 450lbs at the time. I weigh just over 275 right now.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=178031&highlight=loosing+weight

HoneyBadger
06-29-2010, 11:53 AM
This place has given me a few good laughs.

luv
It's gotten me laid. Heh.

No real influence yet. I have met a lot of great people, and made several friends in the KC area. Hmmm... I wouldn't have gone to Knoxville last September for the UT college home opener. That's about it as far as real life influence.

chasedude
Wasted alot of time here, talked with some good people, and met a few I'd like to leave some knuckle impressions in their cheek bone.

Oh and I've learned more about anti-freeze

Donger
06-29-2010, 11:54 AM
Thanks.

Here's the proof. It starts at post 20 for me. I weighed 450lbs at the time. I weigh just over 275 right now.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=178031&highlight=loosing+weight

You must feel like a different person. Great example.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-29-2010, 11:55 AM
You must feel like a different person. Great example.

I could not even begin to put it in words. Thanks again.

RustShack
06-29-2010, 11:58 AM
it helped me to dump a chick instead of moving in with her. and taught me how to tell everyone they are wrong when it comes to the draft and how stupid they are.
Posted via Mobile Device

loochy
06-29-2010, 12:00 PM
CP satisfies me when I'm bored and I earn points with my girlfriend for showing her funny stuff from the Epic Fail thread.

Donger
06-29-2010, 12:01 PM

No real influence yet. I have met a lot of great people, and made several friends in the KC area. Hmmm... I wouldn't have gone to Knoxville last September for the UT college home opener. That's about it as far as real life influence.

Interesting. Perhaps I should have included "things that you wouldn't have done if it weren't for ChiefsPlanet."

Saulbadguy
Thanks to Chiefsplanet, I learned the art of coaster throwing.

Sure-Oz
sometimes im on here too much, esp spending time with the girl. ill be doing that much less now and be on when im not doing anything really

CaliforniaChief
I'm waiting for MTG#10's post with baited breath.

Bowser
06-29-2010, 12:08 PM
I've gotten solid advice on computer techie stuff, TV's, movies and shows, and met several great people. I'm afraid I've taken more from CP than I've contributed.

And I've used the phrase "burning AIDS tree" and "antifreeze" several times in real life, to positive results.

Fish
06-29-2010, 12:10 PM
CP drove me to alcoholism.....

JD10367
06-29-2010, 12:20 PM
Well, for me, ChiefsPlanet spawned PatriotsPlanet, which I was led to a few years back by the New England sportsbeat writer Danny Pires (R.I.P.). It's since dried up quite a bit, but while I was there I met a few good people who I now communicate with "off-site" via Facebook and have met in person for various events. I still meet up with some of them for draft day and game nights and training camp.

When I left there and went looking for a new place to hang, the "Mother Ship" (as some at PatriotsPlanet had called this place) seemed like a natural choice. And many of you fuckers are funny and weird, which keeps it interesting, and the membership is big enough that there's always activity.

Iowanian
06-29-2010, 12:25 PM
I had good advice privately when starting my company. I hired a planet person to design my existing company logo, bought a computer through a planetfolk' this year and have worked with and for some others.

I have a hand made arrow given to me by someone here that I keep in my man room.

I learned about 9-11 here before it was on the news....I've gone from making fun of friends 10 years ago for "thinking internet people were their friends" to understanding that.

Norman Einstein
06-29-2010, 12:28 PM
I've met some real assholes on CP. Many of them post with impunity regardless of the rules.

MMXcalibur
06-29-2010, 12:38 PM
Nope, nothing but a break from work to see which user is making a twat out of himself today.

Iowanian
06-29-2010, 12:47 PM
Nope, nothing but a break from work to see which user is making a twat out of himself today.

Congratulations, you're the 10th caller. Tell him what he's won today Donger.

DaFace
06-29-2010, 12:47 PM
I really DID get a job because of CP, and I'm still here nearly 4 years later. I've also gotten tons of advice on little life questions from car issues, to home repair, to gifts for others.

Oh, and there's a small chance that running a BB like CP could become a major part of my job in the future.

DMAC
06-29-2010, 12:49 PM

No real influence yet. I have met a lot of great people, and made several friends in the KC area. Hmmm... I wouldn't have gone to Knoxville last September for the UT college home opener. That's about it as far as real life influence.It saved you money on insurance!!

luv
06-29-2010, 12:51 PM
It saved you money on insurance!!

Oh yeah!

SDChiefs
06-29-2010, 12:51 PM
I can now see random boobs in several different threads without having to surf the net.

DaKCMan AP
06-29-2010, 12:53 PM
I got a free Christian Okoye autographed 8x10. Should arrive any day now..

MOhillbilly
06-29-2010, 12:53 PM
a fly flew in my mouth as i was readin this thread. YUCK!

Frazod
06-29-2010, 01:03 PM
Man, what the hell did I do before this place? Between here and the couple of years I spent on the old Star BB, that's a long time to interact with some of you. I'm sure I wouldn't want to see a total of all the hours I've wasted here.

I've met a lot of people I wouldn't have otherwise, and made some damn good real life friends. I've probably attended more Chiefs game than I would have otherwise. I've interacted with people I would NEVER have associated with otherwise, sometimes in a good way, sometimes not. I never thought I'd consider people friends who I have never and probably will never meet, but that's happened. Obviously the reverse is true as well.

And I really, really, really learned to hate Kansas. But I guess there are seven or eight of them that aren't so bad. :p

Donger
06-29-2010, 01:08 PM
Congratulations, you're the 10th caller. Tell him what he's won today Donger.

Scorn.

Contempt.

Slight regard.

Omaha
06-29-2010, 01:08 PM
I'm new, so nothing yet. So far it's just been a lot of funny & seemingly cool-ish people + one raging douchebag. Cool site for sure.

Chief Henry
06-29-2010, 01:39 PM
This place has made me lol a whole bunch of times :thumb:

The Franchise
06-29-2010, 01:44 PM
I bought my PS3 off of CP.

DaFace
06-29-2010, 01:47 PM
I'm new, so nothing yet. So far it's just been a lot of funny & seemingly cool-ish people + one raging douchebag. Cool site for sure.

Just one? You MUST be new. :)

Omaha
06-29-2010, 01:59 PM
Just one? You MUST be new. :)

Actually, yeah. For as much traffic as this place gets, just about everyone I've met it really cool.

Inspector
06-29-2010, 02:01 PM
Everywhere I go now, I find myself trying to guess her muff.

sedated
06-29-2010, 02:02 PM
The pictures forum has nearly doubled my fap collection

Omaha
06-29-2010, 02:03 PM
Wait, I do have something for this in spite of beeing new. A couple of the guys in the "just got back from the gym" thread helped me out with a foot injury I had. That thread has also been great for keeping me motivated to work out & there are a lot of good tips to be had on there.

lostcause
06-29-2010, 02:04 PM
I learned that AIDs trees are very real and dangerous entities one should avoid falling into after making dumb posts.

Omaha
06-29-2010, 02:04 PM
Everywhere I go now, I find myself trying to guess her muff.

Be honest, weren't you doing that before this site? I know I was.

Inspector
06-29-2010, 02:11 PM
Be honest, weren't you doing that before this site? I know I was.

Oh no. I would have never thought of guessing.

I would wear mirrors on my shoes so I'd know for sure. Well, until that one time......

JoeyChuckles
06-29-2010, 02:33 PM
CP is currently distracting me from finding a new job.

PunkinDrublic
06-29-2010, 02:33 PM
This bb has cost me hours upon countless hour of productivity which most likely delayed or cost me a promotion at work. It's also a way for me to feel a little connected to KC the only place I've ever considered my hometown.

Bugeater
06-29-2010, 02:34 PM
ooh! ooh! Is it me? Please tell me it's me.

Frazod
06-29-2010, 02:39 PM
ooh! ooh! Is it me? Please tell me it's me.

Oh, it's definitely me. :D

Bugeater
06-29-2010, 02:43 PM
Oh, it's definitely me. :D
Goddamnit, I never get to be the douchebag. What did he do to raise your ire?

Frazod
06-29-2010, 02:55 PM

The fucker's got around 250 posts, I think 200 of them were whining about smoking. Who knew the American Cancer Society had male cheerleaders? Goddamn fascist robot. I don't even smoke any more and he annoys the crap out of me.

Bowser
06-29-2010, 02:57 PM
The fucker's got around 250 posts, I think 200 of them were whining about smoking. Who knew the American Cancer Society had male cheerleaders? Goddamn fascist robot. I don't even smoke any more and he annoys the crap out of me.

I bet you chew the fuck out of some gum, don't you?

Bugeater
06-29-2010, 03:00 PM
The ****er's got around 250 posts, I think 200 of them were whining about smoking. Who knew the American Cancer Society had male cheerleaders? Goddamn fascist robot. I don't even smoke any more and he annoys the crap out of me.
Ah, I gave up arguing about that, it's an exercise in futility.

Bowser
06-29-2010, 03:01 PM
Ah, I gave up arguing about that, it's an exercise in futility.Plus, you had to go outside to have a smoke. :D

Donger
06-29-2010, 03:02 PM

He's a fridge salesman.

Frazod
06-29-2010, 03:06 PM
I bet you chew the fuck out of some gum, don't you?

Constantly. :D

GoHuge
06-29-2010, 03:26 PM
Thanks.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=178031&highlight=loosing+weightHey I'm glad you're making a lifestyle change for the good, but what was going through your mind when you watched the scale go 250, 300, 350, 400, 425, 4 ****in 50!?!?! Don't get me wrong I am happy you've decided to drop the weight, but when you saw yourself putting on weight at that rate did it ever occur to you that you might just want to pump the brakes............even a little? I am a very curious person when it comes to how people process information and their certain thought processes. I just can't imagine what it would be like to eat myself into being almost 3 times the man I use to be. It's obvious you don't care about your appearance, but what prompted the change? Just trying to get a glimpse into what you where thinking. How you put on all that weight on and then managed to lose a normal size human being's worth of weight. Again not trying to offend. Just curious how that whole thought process worked itself out.

stevieray
06-29-2010, 04:28 PM
Chiefsplanet helped me win a 55" sony HD TV and two tickets to the SB.

RJ
06-29-2010, 04:29 PM
Good for you, congratulations!

FYP

stevieray
06-29-2010, 04:30 PM
Hey I'm glad you're making a lifestyle change for the good, but what was going through your mind when you watched the scale go 250, 300, 350, 400, 425, 4 ****in 50!?!?! Don't get me wrong I am happy you've decided to drop the weight, but when you saw yourself putting on weight at that rate did it ever occur to you that you might just want to pump the brakes............even a little? I am a very curious person when it comes to how people process information and their certain thought processes. I just can't imagine what it would be like to eat myself into being almost 3 times the man I use to be. It's obvious you don't care about your appearance, but what prompted the change? Just trying to get a glimpse into what you where thinking. How you put on all that weight on and then managed to lose a normal size human being's worth of weight. Again not trying to offend. Just curious how that whole thought process worked itself out.
:spock: no dessert for you!

Bugeater
06-29-2010, 04:32 PM
...what was going through your mind when you watched the scale go 250, 300, 350, 400, 425, 4 ****in 50!?!?!
I'm guessing at around three bills he couldn't see the scale anymore.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-29-2010, 04:51 PM
Hey I'm glad you're making a lifestyle change for the good, but what was going through your mind when you watched the scale go 250, 300, 350, 400, 425, 4 ****in 50!?!?! Don't get me wrong I am happy you've decided to drop the weight, but when you saw yourself putting on weight at that rate did it ever occur to you that you might just want to pump the brakes............even a little? I am a very curious person when it comes to how people process information and their certain thought processes. I just can't imagine what it would be like to eat myself into being almost 3 times the man I use to be. It's obvious you don't care about your appearance, but what prompted the change? Just trying to get a glimpse into what you where thinking. How you put on all that weight on and then managed to lose a normal size human being's worth of weight. Again not trying to offend. Just curious how that whole thought process worked itself out.

Well, I was about 14 at 250. 15 at 300. 19 at 350. 27 at 400, and then 30 at 450. It was a progression. And I've been fat as long as I can remember, so while you ask "What was going through your mind?" the answer is, nothing. If the only thing you've ever been is fat, you don't really think about it. Also, I've always been active. Well, at least until I hit my 20's, but when you're incredibly active, outside running and playing all the time as a kid and eating the same way every other skinny person in the house is eating, there's not much to think of except genetics. I just assumed some people had to be fat. I was one of the unlucky ones. The fact is, my midwestern diet and portion sizes were killing my aspirations of physical beauty, and none of us knew it because I was the only overweight person in my house. I was raised by my aunt and uncle from the age of 7 on, so it was pretty logical that it was just genetics. My mom was tall and overweight as well.

Things spiraled out of control in my 20's. There's a litany of reasons for that, and most of them are personal. But I can tell you that the I don't give a fuck mentality came into play throughout must of those years. There comes a point of defeat, and you say to yourself "Well, I may as well at least enjoy it."

I met my future wife at 25, and she's 7 years younger than I am. By the time I hit 30, I had married her and put on another 100lbs. I got to the point where I couldn't walk around the grocery store for more than 5 minutes at a time without my back swelling up, and my legs feeling like lightning bolts were going through them. I refused to use the fat person cart at the stores. I already knew that at 6'5 and fofiddy, people were looking. I just wasn't going to be the stereotypical fat guy so I'd suck it up and deal with the discomfort. But needless to say I didn't want to leave the house because of it and it started causing strain on my marriage. I also knew that my wife would be a widow in the next 10 years if something didn't change.

By the time I hit 30 I was miserable, and I started watching The Biggest Loser. That show says they're changing lives and people think it's a cliche, but it's not. For the morbidly obese out there that watch that show (and let's face it, that's the target demographic) they are able to see similar people get crazy results. Then pr_capone started the weight loss thread I referenced above and I got to thinking about it.

My wife and family had already been bugging me to go in and see about the surgeries that could be done and I had an appointment with the doctor. We were talking about things and I was telling him that I really just wanted to make 1 honest attempt at losing weight before I took the easy way out. He referred me to a nutritionist and the rest is history.

stevieray
06-29-2010, 04:58 PM
Well, I was about 14 at 250. 15 at 300. 19 at 350. 27 at 400, and then 30 at 450. It was a progression. And I've been fat as long as I can remember, so while you ask "What was going through your mind?" the answer is, nothing. If the only thing you've ever been is fat, you don't really think about it. Also, I've always been active. Well, at least until I hit my 20's, but when you're incredibly active, outside running and playing all the time as a kid and eating the same way every other skinny person in the house is eating, there's not much to think of except genetics. I just assumed some people had to be fat. I was one of the unlucky ones. The fact is, my midwestern diet and portion sizes were killing my aspirations of physical beauty, and none of us knew it because I was the only overweight person in my house. I was raised by my aunt and uncle from the age of 7 on, so it was pretty logical that it was just genetics. My mom was tall and overweight as well.

Things spiraled out of control in my 20's. There's a litany of reasons for that, and most of them are personal. But I can tell you that the I don't give a **** mentality came into play throughout must of those years. There comes a point of defeat, and you say to yourself "Well, I may as well at least enjoy it."

I met my future wife at 25, and she's 7 years younger than I am. By the time I hit 30, I had married her and put on another 100lbs. I got to the point where I couldn't walk around the grocery store for more than 5 minutes at a time without my back swelling up, and my legs feeling like lightning bolts were going through them. I refused to use the fat person cart at the stores. I already knew that at 6'5 and fofiddy, people were looking. I just wasn't going to be the stereotypical fat guy so I'd suck it up and deal with the discomfort. But needless to say I didn't want to leave the house because of it and it started causing strain on my marriage. I also knew that my wife would be a widow in the next 10 years if something didn't change.

By the time I hit 30 I was miserable, and I started watching The Biggest Loser. That show says they're changing lives and people think it's a cliche, but it's not. For the morbidly obese out there that watch that show (and let's face it, that's the target demographic) they are able to see similar people get crazy results. Then pr_capone started the weight loss thread I referenced above and I got to thinking about it.

My wife and family had already been bugging me to go in and see about the surgeries that could be done and I had an appointment with the doctor. We were talking about things and I was telling him that I really just wanted to make 1 honest attempt at losing weight before I took the easy way out. He referred me to a nutritionist and the rest is history.

One of the best shows on TV. You really should document it all and contact them.

what you have done is nothing short of amazing and awe inspiring...it truly has been cool watching it happen..I'm looking forward to meeting you and shaking your hand and giving you the props you've totally earned....

Donger
06-29-2010, 04:59 PM

Things spiraled out of control in my 20's. There's a litany of reasons for that, and most of them are personal. But I can tell you that the I don't give a **** mentality came into play throughout must of those years. There comes a point of defeat, and you say to yourself "Well, I may as well at least enjoy it."

That's really cool. While I've never been heavy, I can really tell when I lose my standard 10 to 15 pounds during the cycling season. By the end of the season, I can climb like a scalded cat.

LaChapelle
06-29-2010, 05:00 PM
Brock Lancaster Omaha Hitt
Kilwinning Gorin Downing
Graysville Worthington Biblegrove

Hammock Parties
06-29-2010, 05:00 PM
Chiefsplanet is my girlfriend. We share our innermost thoughts, secrets and desires.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-29-2010, 05:04 PM
That's really cool. While I've never been heavy, I can really tell when I lose my standard 10 to 15 pounds during the cycling season. By the end of the season, I can climb like a scalded cat.

I started running in January. I got on the C25K after seeing keginkc have so much success with it last year. I weighed 350 at the time and had never run a mile straight in my life. Now I weigh 275lbs and can run 8 miles without walking. That's one of those feelings I was talking about earlier that I just can't adequately put into words.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-29-2010, 05:05 PM
One of the best shows on TV. You really should document it all and contact them.

what you have done is nothing short of amazing and awe inspiring...it truly has been cool watching it happen..I'm looking forward to meeting you and shaking your hand and giving you the props you've totally earned....

Thanks buddy. I'm looking forward to meeting you as well. My goal is 230 by the bash.

CoMoChief
06-29-2010, 05:05 PM
CP taught me how to throw footballs over mountains.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-29-2010, 05:06 PM
CP taught me how to throw footballs over mountains.

And you taught CP how to pick a winner. :toast:

CoMoChief
06-29-2010, 05:06 PM
I need to lose weight.

255 right now. Need to get back to 215-220 to where I can move like a Cheetah

RedNFeisty
06-29-2010, 05:14 PM
With this being the second stage of my life, I am eagerly awaiting some great influences from CP.

I will leave out the first stage. :D

Mr. Flopnuts
06-29-2010, 05:17 PM
I'm guessing at around three bills he couldn't see the scale anymore.

ROFL Totally missed this. No, I could see it at 3 bills, and was happy about that not too long ago. 4 bills? Fuck, I couldn't see my feet.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-29-2010, 05:20 PM
My goal is to run a half marathon with Rainman one of these days. :)

Slayer Diablo
06-29-2010, 05:20 PM
A CP member once judged a debate round when I was in high school...scared the sh*t outta me, then found out a few hours later I won that round.

Bob Dole
06-29-2010, 08:31 PM
CP made Bob Dole's wife fat.

Bowser
06-29-2010, 08:32 PM
Bob Dole's life went to hell since that Phobia guy left.

FAX
06-29-2010, 08:36 PM
An excellent question, Mr. Donger. Actually, ChiefsPlanet has affected my life in many ways.

I have learned the difference between "to" and "too", my cursing is far more colorful than it was BCP, and oddly, I seem to observe my feces more carefully than before.

FAX

Goldmember
06-29-2010, 08:41 PM
Someone told me I could win a lot of money on this site. €

I'm impressed by the some of intelligent discussions and knowledge on subjects other than the Chiefs. And I've gotten some very good laughs.

big nasty kcnut
06-29-2010, 08:53 PM
cp taught me how to be a better man and also taught me to be thick skinned.

Psyko Tek
06-29-2010, 10:38 PM

only one?

man . you are new

KCrockaholic
06-29-2010, 10:44 PM
CP hasn't changed my life direction or anything, but my personality outside of CP has changed because of my conversations here. I'm a little more straight forward and blunt to people, more than I used to be. I think that has something to do with finding the confidence to tell someone off if they are pushing me too far. In a lot of ways though CP has been great for my football IQ (which was already extraordinary :) ) The web pages and things found on here have broadened my football mind even more so than before I came here. Also...I would have paid $250 for an authentic jersey by now, and thanks to CP I've spent a total of $250 on not 1, but 6 NFL jerseys.

Dayze
06-29-2010, 10:51 PM
I'm not sure how I stumbled across CP....but it was someimte about 8 years ago.

since then (mostly the last 4 years) I log in probably daily. and, I usually log in if I'm bummed out or just 'meh'...there are posts that are virtually guaranteed to make me laugh out loud.
There are quite a few people here that crack me up nearly every time I read their posts; people that inspire me to 'do' better, and people who I can relate to.

not to mention, it's the first place that typically has 'breaking' football news, especially as it relates to the Cheifs.

Oh...and a fellow CP-er married my wife and I at a very cool ceremony ; although that didn't happen 'because' of CP, it's still pretty cool that there is such a connectin..

luv
06-29-2010, 10:57 PM
I have much thicker skin after having been on here. That has affected my life for the better. I'm still not blunt, but I stand up for myself more than I used to, I'm not afraid to disagree with someone verbally, and I'm not as scared to do things by myself.

Also, I now know more about football than 1/2 the singles guys in Springfield. This has not worked to my advantage. I talk to guys about sports while on a date, and I think it intimidates them in a way. Guys are supposed to know more about all things sports. I guess I need to dumb it down a bit.

Bob Dole
06-29-2010, 11:00 PM
... but I stand up for myself more than I used to...

And fall down for yourself, too! :)

luv
06-29-2010, 11:02 PM
And fall down for yourself, too! :)

LMAO

On occasion. Or so I've been told!

DaFace
06-29-2010, 11:07 PM
only one?

man . you are new

Repost. :p

go bo
06-29-2010, 11:10 PM
It's gotten me laid. Heh.i must not be doing this cp thing right... :eek: :eek: :eek:

go bo
06-29-2010, 11:24 PM
And fall down for yourself, too! :)i remember that...

The_Chief
06-30-2010, 01:10 AM
I'm a new member

boogblaster
06-30-2010, 08:30 AM
CP has led me down a terrible path ... I now masterbate to rap .. eat BBQ daily .. watch my neighbors abuse their farm animals .. drink Mill-lite .. listen to the ramblin' of my spouse .. almost voted for McFail .. and have been up late at nite lookin' for someone to take Go Lads virginity .......

Duck Dog
06-30-2010, 08:39 AM

Congrats! That's truely amazing.

Duck Dog
06-30-2010, 08:41 AM
Besides paying more attention to my spelling and grammer (a lot is not spelled alot), I now have another favorite BBQ joint in KC, OK Joes.

MOhillbilly
06-30-2010, 08:43 AM
jelqing.

Al Bundy
06-30-2010, 08:50 AM
Played flag football against a few guys, that's about it.

ChiefaRoo
06-30-2010, 08:51 AM
I learned you can be a rabid Chiefs fan but still hate the Chiefs. I didn't know it was possible until I came here.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-30-2010, 10:59 AM
You guys are awesome. It's hard to put yourself out there as much as I did yesterday, and the support you guys gave me publicly and privately was amazing. I appreciate each and every one of you for it. Sincerely.

Donger
06-30-2010, 11:08 AM
Not to anyone in particular, but it is "truly" and "grammar."

DaKCMan AP
06-30-2010, 11:09 AM
You guys are awesome.

Yep.

Buck
06-30-2010, 11:10 AM
Lets see...

Somebody sent me a Windows Boot Disk with an anti-virus to help me fix my computer
I got a free Padres Hat
I'll be flying to KC in September to meet some people
I've met people here in SD
I've been notified of many great deals

Fish
06-30-2010, 11:13 AM

LMAO...

"So Flopnuts, how did it feel to become a fat pathetic slob? It's obvious you don't care about yourself, or looks, or Americans, or puppies. But how is it that you sat around and became Jabba the Hutt? Not trying to offend...."

GoHuge, your honesty is commendable, but your delivery could be slightly less critical...

RJ
06-30-2010, 11:26 AM
Without CP I may never have bought myself a WSM smoker or Floyd's Hot Lime Sauce or read World War Z or Omnivore's Dilemma.

I've played in a CP fantasy baseball league for I believe 9 years and a fantasy football league about to enter its third year.

I've learned a lot about cast iron and woks and barley and apricot preserves and I've picked up more bbq tips and ideas than I can remember.

Reading DC keeps me informed as to what subjects I never want to bring up with my right wing friends in RL.

There's probably quite a few more. I guess CP has wormed its way into my RL more than I had realized.

Bugeater
06-30-2010, 11:37 AM
Not to anyone in particular, but it is "truly" and "grammar."
:hmmm: You sure that's not directed to anyone in particular?

Congrats! That's truely amazing.

Besides paying more attention to my spelling and grammer (a lot is not spelled alot), I now have another favorite BBQ joint in KC, OK Joes.

FAX
06-30-2010, 11:39 AM
BCP, I was a 90 pound weakling who was constantly getting picked on at the beach. But thanks to spending all my time on ChiefsPlanet, today I weigh 800 pounds and purchase cookies by the case. These days, I don't go to the beach because I can't fit through the door in this room, but I don't get picked on anymore because, whenever I want, I can fill the equivalent of an entire train car with an extremely foul, toxic gas from a single fart and I've learned that even the most athletic, mean-spirited bully in the world is vulnerable in the lungs.

FAX

MOhillbilly
06-30-2010, 11:39 AM
PINEAPPLE BRAUTS.

Dartgod
06-30-2010, 11:56 AM
i must not be doing this cp thing right... :eek: :eek: :eek:
Probably because you don't have a vagina.

Donger
06-30-2010, 11:59 AM
:hmmm: You sure that's not directed to anyone in particular?

Yes, I'm sure.

Bugeater
06-30-2010, 12:00 PM
Yes, I'm sure.
You're just saying that because you know Duck Dog packs heat.

Phobia
06-30-2010, 12:44 PM
CP has has some significant influence on my life in several ways:
Holding a position of responsibility, I've learned how to more effectively deal with people without making them cry.
I've learned how a community takes a great deal of pride in a product when they're involved with the development and growth of that product.
I've met dozens of great friends and hundreds of very nice people.
Along with Adam Jassey and several other fine Chiefs fans, I was a part of an effort which provided swimming lessons to at risk youth to honor Joe Delaney and I think in small part may have lead to Delaney's ultimate honor in the Chiefs Ring of Fame. 37 Forever wasn't conceived at this site but it came together and grew here.
I have been able to participate in several Chiefs related fundraising activities over the years due to my involvement here.
In addition to those many blessings, Edgewood Construction been able to help people with their home projects as a result of relationships built on ChiefsPlanet. The trust people have shown to me based on a perception they have over the internet is really amazing and my family has benefited due to the support of my livelihood.
This place is a real community with real people doing real things to help one another. I think it's pretty amazing and feel very fortunate to be a part of it.

I know I've said that the Planet has gotten worse and that there are some real idiots out here. All of that is true. I don't spend even 5% of the time I used to here but this place is a part of my life and I'll never leave.

El Jefe
06-30-2010, 12:53 PM
CP saved me 4 hours that I would have spent at a Primerica meeting tonight.