PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Dwayne Bowe on Hard Knocks - "I Set that Off"

Bill Lundberg
06-29-2010, 12:59 PM
This idiot is never going to "get it":

Dwayne Bowe on “Importing” Comments: “It Definitely Wasn’t Me” (http://sportsradiointerviews.com/2010/06/29/dwayne-bowe-on-importing-comments-it-definitely-wasnt-me/)

<abbr title="2010-06-29T07:15:13+0000">June 29, 2010 – 7:15 am</abbr> by Paul Bessire A few weeks ago, we chronicled Kansas City Chief’s wide receiver Dwayne Bowe’s reference to “importing” groupies as told to ESPN the Magazine in an interview with Bowe’s friend and former teammate Eddie Kennison (click to see Bowe’s original comments and Kennison’s reaction). (http://sportsradiointerviews.com/2010/05/26/did-dwayne-bowe-import-or-not/) In general, Kennison claimed that Bowe told him that he never talked to anyone about “importing” and that Kennison himself had never experienced it.
http://kcmonarchy.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/bowe1.jpg
Now, the man himself tries to set the record straight on his comments. Dwayne Bowe joined Brandon and Woolvey on 790 the Fan in Atlanta and discusses the comments quoted in ESPN the Magazine.
On if he gets any grief from his teammates on the comments:
“No, because now they are finding out that it definitely wasn’t me. Definitely, but I took that like a man. People that really know the Dwayne Bowe that clowns but on a serious note won’t let anything out of the locker room that is not supposed to be out.“
On if athletes need to guard their words from the media:
“That’s definitely true. But, you got to start a building block somewhere. Now you got guys being impostors making up fake pages. (Host: That’s got to be frustrating.) It is. But it comes with the territory, so that’s all I got to say. At least we got people that want to be you.”
On how he was portrayed on HBO’s Hard Knocks:
“I set that off. I’m the one that made Hard Knocks what it is man. The personality. They had never seen a guy like me. I got my acting skills up during that time… You got to let these people that are paying all this money to see these games, you got to let them see what really goes on. I’m all about face time.”
Listen to Dwayne Bowe on 790 the Zone in Atlanta with Brandon and Woolvey. (http://media.790thezone.com/Podcasts/1348/Dwayne_Bowe_6-24-10.mp3)
Tags: Dwayne Bowe (http://sportsradiointerviews.com/tag/dwayne-bowe/), ESPN the Magazine (http://sportsradiointerviews.com/tag/espn-the-magazine/), Importing (http://sportsradiointerviews.com/tag/importing/), Kansas City Chiefs (http://sportsradiointerviews.com/tag/kansas-city-chiefs/), NFL (http://sportsradiointerviews.com/tag/nfl/), NFL Groupies (http://sportsradiointerviews.com/tag/nfl-groupies/)

Omaha
06-29-2010, 01:02 PM
Nah, I think (read: HOPE) he's joking. He wasn't crazy or anything on the show.

PunkinDrublic
06-29-2010, 01:05 PM
Meh that's humble by NFL WR standards.

salame
06-29-2010, 01:07 PM
i hate him more and more all the time

Deberg_1990
06-29-2010, 01:10 PM
huh?? Non story...whats the point of this thread?

Valiant
06-29-2010, 01:14 PM

I am thinking it is about somebody that should be a star in the NFL from the Chiefs but is actually an idiot.. I am starting to agree with others that I do not think he will ever make the next step.. Shows too much immaturity.. Sad that I am the one typing that..

Brock
06-29-2010, 01:15 PM
OMGZ CUT HIM IMMEDIATELY

The Bad Guy
06-29-2010, 01:15 PM
Part of me really wants to like him, but the other part of me can't wait until he's gone.

Hard Knocks was an unbelievable franchise long before Dwayne Bowe was even in college.

Bill Lundberg
06-29-2010, 01:17 PM

It's the off-season, it's Chiefs news. I just wish the guy would go to work and shut his mouth until he proves himself on the field. After listening to the interview it's not as bad as it sounds in print.

ETA: What Valiant said.

pr_capone
06-29-2010, 01:19 PM
Why in the hell are Pioli and Haley still letting this clown talk to the media?

STFU and catch the GD football.

Johnny Vegas
06-29-2010, 01:23 PM
“I set that off. I’m the one that made Hard Knocks what it is man. The personality. They had never seen a guy like me. I got my acting skills up during that time… You got to let these people that are paying all this money to see these games, you got to let them see what really goes on. I’m all about face time.”

If anyone can't find the joke in this quote y'all need to turn up your sarcasm meter. It was a joke obviously.

-King-
06-29-2010, 01:26 PM
What did he say wrong?
Posted via Mobile Device

Pasta Little Brioni
06-29-2010, 01:28 PM
Oh, the hugemanatee!!! Suspend him Commish Goodell!!!

Omaha
06-29-2010, 01:30 PM

If anyone can't find the joke in this quote y'all need to turn up your sarcasm meter. It was a joke obviously.

This!

-King-
06-29-2010, 01:31 PM
Why is ESPN refusing to release the tape?
Posted via Mobile Device

Chief Henry
06-29-2010, 01:35 PM
I hope this talent has 100 receptions, 1,500 receiving yds and 16 TD receptions this season.

ModSocks
06-29-2010, 01:37 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

It would look bad on the Chiefs and the NFL. You don't fuck with Don Pioli and Goddel. You just don't.

They'll wake up with Chris Berman's head laying next to them.

Pasta Little Brioni
06-29-2010, 01:41 PM
It would look bad on the Chiefs and the NFL. You don't **** with Don Pioli and Goddel. You just don't.

They'll wake up with Chris Berman's head laying next to them.

Even if he had his head lopped off that F'er would not shut up. "He's lifting the sword back, back, back GONE. My head that is. While your up, head over to Applebees and get me the 2 for $20."

Molitoth
06-29-2010, 02:24 PM
Even if he had his head lopped off that F'er would not shut up. "He's lifting the sword back, back, back GONE. My head that is. While your up, head over to Applebees and get me the 2 for $20."

I'm a big Berman fan... but i admit that was pretty funny.

Quesadilla Joe
06-29-2010, 02:29 PM
If only Pioli had McDaniels balls to get rid of talented locker room cancers.

beach tribe
06-29-2010, 02:35 PM
If only Pioli had McDaniels 10 cent brain he would get rid of the most talented players in his locker room.Tebow FTW

kcxiv
06-29-2010, 02:37 PM
lol @ the fucktards that didnt realize he was joking.

Bowser
06-29-2010, 02:38 PM
He and Billy Butler sit around wondering why they aren't all-stars.

SDChiefs
06-29-2010, 02:40 PM
I hope this talent has 100 receptions, 1,500 receiving yds and 16 TD receptions this season.

Are you expecting them to trade Cassel?

Deberg_1990
06-29-2010, 02:41 PM
lol @ the ****tards that didnt realize he was joking.

This...good grief.

ClevelandBronco
06-29-2010, 03:11 PM
If his hands were as soft as his head you guys might really have something.

Steron
06-29-2010, 03:14 PM
i hate him more and more all the time

+1

If his hands were as soft as his head you guys might really have something.

Unfortunately this is true.

DMAC
06-29-2010, 03:17 PM
I live with Bowes pain everyday. People takin shit seriously...

chiefzilla1501
06-29-2010, 03:26 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

How much of ESPN's business is dependent on getting access to coaches and players for interviews? And even though ESPN does some commentary, I view it much more as an entertainment medium than one that tries to post sensationalistic stories.

If ESPN claims to have a tape and they don't, they will get burned BIG time. And the Chiefs would be the first in line to make sure they get grilled for it. I would be shocked if ESPN was lying on this. And good for them for having the integrity to put honoring players' personal lives in front of saving face for themselves. I wish Bowe would starting doing the same.

Pasta Little Brioni
06-29-2010, 03:58 PM

Here's the rub...McDaniels is a Eunuch.

RustShack
06-29-2010, 04:09 PM
Some people here must be retarded. Bowe actually has a pretty good personality for an NFL WR. Might not be the best, but hes far far from the worst...

-King-
06-29-2010, 06:54 PM
How much of ESPN's business is dependent on getting access to coaches and players for interviews? And even though ESPN does some commentary, I view it much more as an entertainment medium than one that tries to post sensationalistic stories.

If ESPN claims to have a tape and they don't, they will get burned BIG time. And the Chiefs would be the first in line to make sure they get grilled for it. I would be shocked if ESPN was lying on this. And good for them for having the integrity to put honoring players' personal lives in front of saving face for themselves. I wish Bowe would starting doing the same.

Wait what?
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties
06-29-2010, 06:56 PM
Bowe displays all the classic traits of narcissism....and he doesn't appear to even be aware of it.

I mean...Christ.

http://i48.tinypic.com/2jfi2kn.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/2mmffaa.jpg

Farzin
06-29-2010, 07:36 PM
For anyone that wants to hear him say it, (sometimes you have to hear it to believe it) ..

http://www.790thezone.com/instantreplay/Episodes.aspx?PID=1348

Quesadilla Joe
06-29-2010, 08:32 PM
ESPN says Bowe gave "more lurid details than we published

Dwayne Bowe has once again said ESPN the Magazine misquoted him in a story about teammates "importing" women to team hotels, and ESPN has once again stood by its story.

But this time ESPN has upped the ante and said that if the full tape of its interview with Bowe were played, Bowe would be made to look really, really bad -- and so would the teammates Bowe named who were involved in the "importing" of women.

ESPN the Magazine Editor in Chief Gary Belsky released a statement on Bowe's latest denial, suggesting that if anything, the full audio of Bowe's comments is worse than what the magazine printed.

"As we have said, we will happily allow Mr. Bowe the chance to listen to our recording of his interview, in the event he forgot that he made these comments," Belsky said, via Sports by Brooks. "He has not asked to do so. Despite his persistence in denying having made these comments-unfairly damaging the reputation of one of our best writers-we have consistently avoided releasing the audio from his interview to spare him and others further embarrassment, specifically because the on the recording he offers more lurid details than we published and because he named several teammates as having participated in the off-hours activity in question.

"We do not know why Mr. Bowe persists in denying having made the comments, but out of respect for him, his teammates and the Chiefs we will maintain our position, which we think is the honorable choice. We believe The Magazine's reputation for honesty and integrity speaks for itself."

Eddie Matz wrote the ESPN the Magazine story in question, and although Belsky is surely correct that Matz's reputation is being damaged by Bowe continually claiming he was misquoted, it's hard to understand why ESPN doesn't just make the audio available and put the whole story to rest. Until they do, plenty of readers are going to assume that Bowe is telling the truth.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/29/espn-says-bowe-gave-more-lurid-details-than-we-published/

Best offseason EVAR! ROFL

chiefzilla1501
06-29-2010, 08:38 PM
Wait what?
Posted via Mobile Device

What are you confused about?

The fact that it would be suicide for ESPN to lie about the tape?

Or the fact that a media network that relies on having access to players wouldn't want to burn a team and lose that access?

On either front, it's hard to believe that ESPN is lying and Bowe is telling the truth. Very, very difficult.

googlegoogle
06-29-2010, 08:49 PM
This is Dwayne off the field.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zS1NC7j7N9E&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zS1NC7j7N9E&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

-King-
06-29-2010, 08:52 PM
What are you confused about?

The fact that it would be suicide for ESPN to lie about the tape?

Or the fact that a media network that relies on having access to players wouldn't want to burn a team and lose that access?

On either front, it's hard to believe that ESPN is lying and Bowe is telling the truth. Very, very difficult.

Hey i got proof of something....but i wont give it to you.
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefzilla1501
06-29-2010, 09:49 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

You're ****ing delusional. If ESPN is lying, they lose their entire journalistic integrity. And you don't think the Kansas City Chiefs, who are taking a reputational hit by this, wouldn't publicly call ESPN out for lying by now? Because ESPN has publicly said that the Chiefs and Bowe are both more than welcome to listen to the tape.

The tape exists. You are delusional if you think it doesn't. And given that the tape exists, Bowe needs to shut the **** up and stop calling ESPN a bunch of liars before they decide enough is enough, and they leak the tapes out for real.

teedubya
06-29-2010, 10:04 PM
I wish Dwayne was less concerned with face time... and more concerned with Hands time and Game time.

Sure-Oz
06-29-2010, 10:15 PM
Bowe is a goofball, always has been....actually i think this song fits him well.
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6sl7zrdS0JQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6sl7zrdS0JQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

chiefzilla1501
06-29-2010, 10:47 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

By the way... If ESPN is lying, that's misquoting Bowe, which is libel.

So... yeah. If ESPN claims they have tapes, that makes it pretty clear that they're willing to prove to the Chiefs that the quote was accurate. And if the tapes don't exist, you can bet the Chiefs and Bowe camp would be all over it. If the tapes were inaccurate, same deal and they could also take legal action.

The tapes exist. You're delusional if you think they don't.

go bo
06-29-2010, 10:50 PM
I hope this talent has 100 receptions, 1,500 receiving yds and 16 TD receptions this season.i like the way you think!!!

-King-
06-29-2010, 11:41 PM

So... yeah. If ESPN claims they have tapes, that makes it pretty clear that they're willing to prove to the Chiefs that the quote was accurate. And if the tapes don't exist, you can bet the Chiefs and Bowe camp would be all over it. If the tapes were inaccurate, same deal and they could also take legal action.

I think they do. I just really dont give a fuck about it.
Posted via Mobile Device

CupidStunt
06-30-2010, 01:20 AM

Why would he? They're not begging to be traded like Denver's.

BWillie
06-30-2010, 02:32 AM
You're ****ing delusional. If ESPN is lying, they lose their entire journalistic integrity. And you don't think the Kansas City Chiefs, who are taking a reputational hit by this, wouldn't publicly call ESPN out for lying by now? Because ESPN has publicly said that the Chiefs and Bowe are both more than welcome to listen to the tape.

The tape exists. You are delusional if you think it doesn't. And given that the tape exists, Bowe needs to shut the **** up and stop calling ESPN a bunch of liars before they decide enough is enough, and they leak the tapes out for real.

Exactly. ESPN isn't lying. If Bowe was really pissed about it and if he DIDN'T make all of those comments, he could file suit for slander. We all know he's not going to do that. By ESPN releasing that tape, it makes them look like the bad guy, and it'd probably end a few marriages. Dwayne Bowe just pulled a Kobe Bryant, and he didn't even do it to the cops, he just started spouting off some dumb shit to a ESPN JOURNALIST. The guy is an idiot.

Oh yeah, I liked his story about trying his grandma's pills. That was epic. I mean this guy really needs to either hire a publicist or fire the one he has because whatever they are doing it's not getting into his head. He has no idea what the right and wrong things are to say to the media.

BossChief
06-30-2010, 11:04 AM

How many interviews do you have to watch of your coach begging players to stay (Cutler and Marshall) in interviews and then treating them like shit to the point they demand to be traded and don't show up for team activities before you realize what he is doing to your team?

Like Ive been saying, get your Dumervil and Clady excuses ready...

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-30-2010, 11:37 AM

No it's not. To win a libel case against a public figure you need to display both malicious intent and reckless disregard for the truth. "Misquoting" is not nearly enough.

alpha_omega
06-30-2010, 12:04 PM
Bummer...i thought this story had gone away.

Quesadilla Joe
06-30-2010, 01:14 PM
How many interviews do you have to watch of your coach begging players to stay (Cutler and Marshall) in interviews and then treating them like shit to the point they demand to be traded and don't show up for team activities before you realize what he is doing to your team?

Like Ive been saying, get your Dumervil and Clady excuses ready...

The players LOVE playing for McDaniels. Brandon Marshall had zero problems with Josh his only problem was getting a contract. Brian Dawkins came to Denver because of Josh McDaniels.

chiefzilla1501
06-30-2010, 05:15 PM
I think they do. I just really dont give a **** about it.
Posted via Mobile Device

You should give a shit about it. Bowe sold out his teammates on the tape. Okay, fine, sometimes people make mistakes. But for Bowe to STILL not keep his mouth shut even though his teammates' personal lives are at stake? What if Bowe accuses ESPN one more time of lying and all of a sudden, ESPN says "enough is enough" and then publishes the tape?

His teammates' lives could be ruined. The reputation of the Chiefs take a major hit. Major distraction for the entire team. Who knows, if the material is dicy enough, maybe there's some kind of investigation that follows. Point being, all he has to do is shut the fuck up. That's it. ESPN has been kind enough to drop the subject. How fucking stupid do you have to be to burn that bridge after the subject had been dropped already?

Bill Lundberg
06-30-2010, 05:20 PM
You should give a shit about it. Bowe sold out his teammates on the tape. Okay, fine, sometimes people make mistakes. But for Bowe to STILL not keep his mouth shut even though his teammates' personal lives are at stake? What if Bowe accuses ESPN one more time of lying and all of a sudden, ESPN says "enough is enough" and then publishes the tape?

His teammates' lives could be ruined. The reputation of the Chiefs take a major hit. Major distraction for the entire team. Who knows, if the material is dicy enough, maybe there's some kind of investigation that follows. Point being, all he has to do is shut the fuck up. That's it. ESPN has been kind enough to drop the subject. How fucking stupid do you have to be to burn that bridge after the subject had been dropped already?

This

-King-
06-30-2010, 05:22 PM

What teammates lives? Waters? Colquitt? Who the hell is on the team that was there in 07?

And tell that to the radio stations and what not. Tell them to stop asking the questions, and he'll stop answering it.

chiefzilla1501
06-30-2010, 05:24 PM
No it's not. To win a libel case against a public figure you need to display both malicious intent and reckless disregard for the truth. "Misquoting" is not nearly enough.

http://dictionary.law.com/Default.aspx?selected=1153
"While it is sometimes said that the person making the libelous statement must have been intentional and malicious, actually it need only be obvious that the statement would do harm and is untrue. Proof of malice, however, does allow a party defamed to sue for general damages for damage to reputation, while an inadvertent libel limits the damages to actual harm (such as loss of business) called special damages."

LaChapelle
06-30-2010, 05:29 PM
Blairstown Post Oak Denton Shawnee Mound
Chilhowee Bowen Bahner

ModSocks
06-30-2010, 05:31 PM
The players LOVE playing for McDaniels. Brandon Marshall had zero problems with Josh his only problem was getting a contract. Brian Dawkins came to Denver because of Josh McDaniels.

LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

And one more LMAO for good measure.

LMAO

chiefzilla1501
06-30-2010, 05:32 PM
What teammates lives? Waters? Colquitt? Who the hell is on the team that was there in 07?

And tell that to the radio stations and what not. Tell them to stop asking the questions, and he'll stop answering it.

Are you kidding me? You're going to ask the radio station to stop asking questions? Good fucking luck with that. Hey, can you please have your TV station stop asking Big Ben about his sexual assault case? Can you please, please stop asking our dear Tiger Woods questions about his affairs? Give me a fucking break. All Bowe has to say is "no comment." It's not that fucking hard.

As for teammates at the time, Waters, Croyle, Wiegmann, Ron Edwards, Tamba Hali, DJ, McGraw, Page (maybe), Colquitt, Niswanger were on the team. And then you have highly respected Chiefs like Priest Holmes and Tony Gonzalez. Not to mention, do you think any of his teammates trust him at all? Who would want to hang out with a guy that's going to narc on you and then laugh about it.

It's sad the lengths you're going to defend this.