PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs I really hate the Chiefs "theme" music

Huffman83
06-29-2010, 04:43 PM
That "chop it up." song on all the videos that they make you watch on the official Chiefs website....yeah. It's horrible. (go watch a Chiefs live video...but that means you'll have to deal w/ it.)

Who the hell allowed that to happen? Can I blame Carl?!?!?!?

It's like they're trying to appeal to the white suburban hard rocking crowd and then put some cheesy Hip Hop guy to sound tough while not seeming too threatening/street to the white suburban Chiefs fan.

I understand...it's a lame attempt at a fight song. I know the Chiefs pride themselves on making it seem like a loyal college game. But I can't remember in the handful of games at Arrowhead that I've been to,having done the chop though. Anyone?

I know the team hasn't been good in the past few years, but as a fan. Can I at least have some sense of pride in my team and not deal w/ lame cheese dick songs?

I shouldn't have to turn the volume on my laptop down just so I don't have to hear it. I shouldn't have to go to a stadium and hear a song that will make me puke.

If I have to puke in Arrowhead. I t should be because I choose to drink a lot and eat Nachos.

It makes the Superbowl Shuffle sound like Stairway to Heaven.

Mojo Jojo
06-29-2010, 05:00 PM
The chop was huge in the '90's...FSU was on top of the NCAA, the Braves were hot and it worked at Arrowhead.
FYI...the Northwest Missouri State marching band was the group who started the chop at Arrowhead...the director is a FSU grad.

Huffman83
06-29-2010, 05:07 PM
Okay.

So who's responsible for that lame song before every video on KCChiefs.com?

RedNFeisty
06-29-2010, 05:42 PM
I say blame Carl, blame him for everything!!

OnTheWarpath15
06-29-2010, 05:53 PM
Yeah, it's awful. Then again, what do you expect from an organization that used Trace fucking Atkins in it's pre-game video?

Hammock Parties
06-29-2010, 05:54 PM
I think it's fucking awesome.

There's nothing like 80,000 people doing it. It's incredible.

CaliforniaChief
06-29-2010, 06:01 PM
I don't think the OP was referring as much to the chop as he was to the intro on the videos. The new ones (of Josh Looney) are just horrible. I like Josh's stuff usually, but the intro music to this video was a cross between a dubbed chop and some garage band of 4 dudes getting together after a Chiefs win and putting a tribute together.

OnTheWarpath15
06-29-2010, 06:14 PM
I think it's fucking awesome.

There's nothing like 80,000 people doing it. It's incredible.

The actual War Chant is awesome.

What is being passed off as a new version of it, is far from awesome.

06-29-2010, 06:22 PM
meh

Hammock Parties
06-29-2010, 06:52 PM
Ok, yeah, that is pretty bad.

Agent V
06-29-2010, 06:54 PM
They should just play the original War Chant while the players are waiting in the tunnel. Get every fan on their feet doing the chop before having the players run onto the field... and no shitty lyrics.

KcMizzou
06-29-2010, 06:56 PM
Yeah, it's awful. Then again, what do you expect from an organization that used Trace fucking Atkins in it's pre-game video?Heh, I suppose they think they're marketing to the demographic. "Hey, hicks LOVE this guy!"

KcMizzou
06-29-2010, 06:57 PM
They should just play the original War Chant while the players are waiting in the tunnel. Get every fan on their feet doing the chop before having the players run onto the field... and no shitty lyrics.Yep. Let the fans do the work.

-King-
06-29-2010, 07:29 PM
The actual War Chant is awesome.

What is being passed off as a new version of it, is far from awesome.

Wtf. Where did those drums come from and why?
Posted via Mobile Device

Kraus
06-29-2010, 07:47 PM
Holy shit that music sucks. Haven't heard it before this thread.

I get chills when the real song comes on at Arrowhead, though. That shit rocks!

Goldmember
06-29-2010, 08:31 PM
So, everyone that hates that awful song email the damn website and tell them.

okiedokieokoye
06-30-2010, 12:24 PM
Does anyone remember that old chiefs song from years ago? The lyrics went, "No one can move, move, move like the red tribe do, ain't no man that can stand in our way". No one can move, move, move like the red tribe do, they just can't take the heat wave away"? Now that was shitty. Yet I still have it on my iPod.

Tbone8801
06-30-2010, 02:29 PM
That "chop it up." song on all the videos that they make you watch on the official Chiefs website....yeah. It's horrible. (go watch a Chiefs live video...but that means you'll have to deal w/ it.)

Who the hell allowed that to happen? Can I blame Carl?!?!?!?

It's like they're trying to appeal to the white suburban hard rocking crowd and then put some cheesy Hip Hop guy to sound tough while not seeming too threatening/street to the white suburban Chiefs fan.

I understand...it's a lame attempt at a fight song. I know the Chiefs pride themselves on making it seem like a loyal college game. But I can't remember in the handful of games at Arrowhead that I've been to,having done the chop though. Anyone?

I know the team hasn't been good in the past few years, but as a fan. Can I at least have some sense of pride in my team and not deal w/ lame cheese dick songs?

I shouldn't have to turn the volume on my laptop down just so I don't have to hear it. I shouldn't have to go to a stadium and hear a song that will make me puke.

If I have to puke in Arrowhead. I t should be because I choose to drink a lot and eat Nachos.

It makes the Superbowl Shuffle sound like Stairway to Heaven.

I personally love the chop, that website song sucks but I love it at arrowhead! they play it atleast 2-3 times a game and I am always throwing down the chop! :clap: and yes I go to every game. Oh and Josh "i suck at internet broadcasting" Looney, if he isn't gay, he needs to come out of the closet.

Huffman83
06-30-2010, 02:31 PM
I understand the chop. That's fine.

But the website song is the main thing I'm referring to that's an abortion of musical proportions. I'm damn sure I've heard that song in place of the original "chant." music.

Sweet Daddy Hate
06-30-2010, 10:27 PM
I understand the chop. That's fine.

But the website song is the main thing I'm referring to that's an abortion of musical proportions. I'm damn sure I've heard that song in place of the original "chant." music.

I actually composed a piece of music similar to the new theme, but NO lyrics and cheesy singer, and instead I used audio of great Chiefs moments in-between the heavy Anthrax-like riff( where everyone would be "chopping"), and when the drums are doing the tribal, half-time beat.

It's MUCH better than the current POS.