PDA

View Full Version : Football Fox Sports Top 60 NFL Players of 2010 (AFCW representatives)

Ugly Duck
06-29-2010, 07:45 PM
Here's the AFCW guys in the Top 60:

11. Philip Rivers, QB, Chargers - Considered immature and petulant by some in the past, Rivers came into his own in 2009, proving he’s one of the NFL’s top signal callers. During an ’09 season that saw the Chargers win 11 straight games and their fourth straight AFC West title, Rivers played nearly flawless football, tossing for 4,254 yards and 28 TD passes. A two-time Pro Bowler, he’s won big playoff games in the past (vs. Indy in ’08), but lost a heartbreaker to New York at home in ’09. In 2010, San Diego will be the heavy favorites out of the AFC West. All eyes will be on No. 17.

13. Nnamdi Asomugha, CB, Raiders - Though he’s never played for a team that’s won more than six games in a season, Nnamdi Asomugha continues to be recognized as one of the NFL's top defensive players. A three-time Pro Bowler and three-time All-Pro selection, Asomugha is rarely challenged, keeping his fellow corners very busy on a weekly basis. If we aren’t going to consider “off-the-field” issues for Ben Roethlisberger, we probably shouldn’t weigh in the off-the-field life of Asomugha. Ah, maybe we should. On top of being one of the best corners in the game, he’s also one of the league’s top ambassadors.

17. Ryan Clady, OT, Broncos - A first-round pick out of Boise State, the 6’6 left tackle has made the Pro Bowl in each of his two pro seasons and was first-team All-Pro in 2009. Clady didn’t give up a sack his entire rookie season and was nearly impossible to beat in year number two. Entering his third season in 2010, he’s expected to get only better. Scary thought. The top offensive tackle on the list, Clady heads up a rich young crop of OTs across the NFL.

33. Champ Bailey, CB, Broncos - Still in the top 50? After all these years? You bet. At 32, Bailey still is one of the top cornerbacks in the game. In his last year of a six-year contract, he recently told reporters he plans on playing five more years, “at least.” Another player, we’d laugh. With Champ? We nod our heads and just wonder which team will be fortunate enough to have him.

34. Antonio Gates, TE, Chargers - Stat-wise, Gates had the best season of his seven-year career last year, catching 79 balls for 1,157 yards and 8 touchdowns. However, he’s not happy with the way the season turned out. Gates is yet another top player looking for a new deal. GM A.J. Smith came out last week and said Gates, not receiver Vincent Jackson nor left tackle Marcus McNeill, is the front office’s top priority. Hopefully something gets done before training camp.

40. Elvis Dumervil, LB, Broncos - Dumervil, who just signed his first- and third-round restricted free-agent tender, led the NFL with 17 sacks last year and has recorded 43 in the last four years, all the while making a combined $2.015 million. He’ll play for $3.168 million this year. A pass-rushing terror from the outside linebacker spot last year, Dumervil hopes to follow up on his All-Pro campaign under a new defensive coordinator.

60. Brian Dawkins, S, Broncos - What’s with all these ageless defensive backs? Dawkins is 36 years old and still one of the top playmaking defenders in the game. After eight Pro Bowl seasons in Philadelphia, he put together yet another one in his first year in Denver. The unquestioned leader of the young Broncos defense, Dawkins has become a Rocky Mountain fan favorite already.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/lists/NFL-football-top-100-player-rankings-1-20#sport=NFL&photo=11350344

Hammock Parties
06-29-2010, 07:50 PM
Brian Dawkins is a brokedick.

http://i45.tinypic.com/30troeb.gif

Ugly Duck
06-29-2010, 07:54 PM
How did the Broncos manage to finish the season 2-6 (losing to bad teams) when they have so many top players?

Brock
06-29-2010, 08:16 PM
Clady was nearly impossible to beat in year 2? He gave up nearly as many sacks as Branden Albert.

notorious
06-29-2010, 08:20 PM
Dawkins is getting past respect.

There is no way he is in the top 3% of NFL players ROFL.

Bowser
06-29-2010, 08:21 PM
Clady was nearly impossible to beat in year 2? He gave up nearly as many sacks as Branden Albert.The reviewer must have missed that week 17 matchup.

milkman
06-29-2010, 08:26 PM
These kind of lists are worthless.

kcfanintitanhell
06-29-2010, 08:28 PM

I want the last 45 seconds of my life back.....

Dante84
06-29-2010, 09:19 PM
Ohhh. Ok.

kcchiefsus
06-29-2010, 09:25 PM
It's actually a top 100 list, there are links on the Foxsports website for players 61-80 and 81-100.

dj56dt58
06-29-2010, 09:37 PM
jamaal will be a top 60 player, possibly Flowers as well

Rain Man
06-29-2010, 09:47 PM
I see seven players listed, so I presume Ugly Duck deleted the 53 Chiefs who make up the rest of the list.

Ugly Duck
06-29-2010, 11:26 PM
I see seven players listed, so I presume Ugly Duck deleted the 53 Chiefs who make up the rest of the list.

I only saw 60 players up when I posted this (although I probly wudda thought of some way to present it in a manner derogatory to KC had I seen the last 40). Hey... just trying to do football stuff in a really slow part of the season.

P.S. There are no more AFCW players in the Top 100.

KCrockaholic
06-29-2010, 11:54 PM
When they make this list in 2011 we will see Charles, maybe Flowers, and possibly even Eric Berry (depending on his rookie season) on the top 100 list.

R8RFAN
06-30-2010, 07:25 AM
Damn Duck, you post an list on a Chiefs board of great players and not a damn one of them are Chiefs ROFL

Thats cold man, but I likey :D

Pasta Little Brioni
06-30-2010, 08:11 AM
Clady didn’t give up a sack his entire rookie season and was nearly impossible to beat in year number two.

Tamba giggles

Quesadilla Joe
06-30-2010, 08:17 AM

Your just mad that Clady was on the list and Albert wasn't. LMAO

milkman
06-30-2010, 09:02 AM
Your just mad that Clady was on the list and Albert wasn't. LMAO

No, you dumbass, I'm not.

Even if I thought these kinds of lists had any merit, I'm not stupid or homeristic enough to believe that Albert belongs on that list, and to not recognize that Clady does.

You see, I have a functioning brain.

Perhaps you should look into getting one.

Ugly Duck
06-30-2010, 09:12 AM
Damn Duck, you post an list on a Chiefs board of great players and not a damn one of them are Chiefs ROFL

Thats cold man, but I likey :D

Hey! I guess you're right! I didn't notice that....

FD
06-30-2010, 09:29 AM
How did the Broncos manage to finish the season 2-6 (losing to bad teams) when they have so many top players?

Its almost as if they are being coached by a complete idiot.

talastan
06-30-2010, 10:11 AM
Clady didn’t give up a sack his entire rookie season and was nearly impossible to beat in year number two.

Tamba giggles

I'm looking forward to many more Hali/Clady matchups if last season was any indicator. Clady got burned by Tamba bad especially in the first game, and with a legitimate threat to the QB on the opposite side of the field from Tamba he'll be even more effective. Come on Stude, take your place!!

Quesadilla Joe
06-30-2010, 10:16 AM
No, you dumbass, I'm not.

Even if I thought these kinds of lists had any merit, I'm not stupid or homeristic enough to believe that Albert belongs on that list, and to not recognize that Clady does.

You see, I have a functioning brain.

Perhaps you should look into getting one.

Wow your opinions have changed on Clady. Just last year you were adamant that Branden Albert was a better tackle than Clady.

milkman
06-30-2010, 10:22 AM
Wow your opinions have changed on Clady. Just last year you were adamant that Branden Albert was a better tackle than Clady.

See, this is where a functioning brain would really have helped you out.

I never said that Albert is better than Clady.

I said he has the tools to be better than Clady.

He has work to do.
Has to get the technique down.

But he has all the physical tools.

Quesadilla Joe
06-30-2010, 10:33 AM
See, this is where a functioning brain would really have helped you out.

I never said that Albert is better than Clady.

I said he has the tools to be better than Clady.

He has work to do.
Has to get the technique down.

But he has all the physical tools.

Clady is the most physically gifted tackle in the NFL. Clady has all of the tools and has the technique down, so I think the best that Albert can do is be as good as Clady.

milkman
06-30-2010, 10:38 AM
Clady is the most physically gifted tackle in the NFL. Clady has all of the tools and has the technique down, so I think the best that Albert can do is be as good as Clady.

Escept at this point, he's not as strong as Albert, and Albert moves better in space and is a better downfield blocker.

When/if Albert gets the technique down, he will be every bit as good in pass protect, and a much better run blocker.

TheGuardian
06-30-2010, 01:47 PM
One thing that irks me about these lifts, and when guys have a couple of good seasons (like Asomougha) is that people fail to continue evaluating them season to season. Asomougha is a solid corner, but he's now become incredibly overrated. Very solid, but why throw at him when the Raiders have garbage on the other side of him or when teams can just run the ball?

Clady got abused for much his second season, like a lot of second year tackles. Tamba whipped his ass repeatedly in both games.

Bailey, Gates, Dawkins, all well past their prime players that no one fears anymore.

aturnis
06-30-2010, 03:22 PM
I think you're both giving Clady too much credit. I think he benefited greatly from playing in a zone offense in year one. The team switched it up, and now...he no look so good. He's not even a top 6 tackle in the league let alone a top 60 PLAYER in the ENTIRE LEAGUE!

CupidStunt
06-30-2010, 03:42 PM
Clady is the most physically gifted tackle in the NFL.

ROFL

Soft as tissue. Don't kid yourself, :homer:

Quesadilla Joe
06-30-2010, 04:12 PM
I think you're both giving Clady too much credit. I think he benefited greatly from playing in a zone offense in year one. The team switched it up, and now...he no look so good. He's not even a top 6 tackle in the league let alone a top 60 PLAYER in the ENTIRE LEAGUE!

Uhh he only made his first Pro Bowl this year and also made his first First Team All Pro team. Daniel Jeremiah said that Clady is the perfect tackle and is hands down the best tackle in the NFL.

wasi
06-30-2010, 04:24 PM
No big deal Chiefs fans. McDaniels will run him out of town in a year or two.

TheGuardian
06-30-2010, 04:39 PM
Uhh he only made his first Pro Bowl this year and also made his first First Team All Pro team. Daniel Jeremiah said that Clady is the perfect tackle and is hands down the best tackle in the NFL.

Right. And WTF does your sig say?

Pasta Little Brioni
06-30-2010, 07:33 PM

Too bad his play on the field last year didn't reflect that. To be fair though, he was damn good in Shanny's scheme his rookie year. I won't argue that.