PDA

View Full Version : Life Opinions on Primerica, working for them or just in general.

El Jefe
06-30-2010, 09:04 AM
A kid I went to school with is trying to get me to work for him. His father and mother both work for Primerica, his father has become very succesful in the years he has been there and is now a VP for Primerica, and he is making upwards of 200k a year. My friend has been there for four years and he has 18 liscensed working under him. I know Primerica works on a triangle platform basis also. Anyone have any info about this place, or has anyone worked for them?

El Jefe
06-30-2010, 09:05 AM
FWIW I would be looking at this part time, as I already have a 50 hour a week job, and am going to school.

loochy
06-30-2010, 09:08 AM
...I've never heard of it...

Bugeater
06-30-2010, 09:09 AM
Don't waste your time. They will keep you around long enough for you to sign up your friends and family, and then toss you aside.

Simply Red
06-30-2010, 09:16 AM
sometimes it works for certain people in CERTAIN situations, different world now, though, vs. the nineties, I'd say no.

Saulbadguy
06-30-2010, 09:18 AM
It's Multi-Level Marketing aka a "Pyramid Scheme".

It only works if you are highly devoted to the cult and sign up a ton of people - so it's opportunity cost is fairly high when compared to working hard at a real job.

Iowanian
06-30-2010, 09:56 AM
Stay away from Pyramid schemes.

They make money when they get other suckers to buy in, and you'll then be hounding your friends and family to do it...

If you want a better plan, Pay me 1 time $299 fee, I'll give you my website and a shipment of brochures for my services and give you a percentage on sales you generate for my business.

OnTheWarpath15
06-30-2010, 09:58 AM

It only works if you are highly devoted to the cult and sign up a ton of people - so it's opportunity cost is fairly high when compared to working hard at a real job.

Stay away from Pyramid schemes.

They make money when they get other suckers to buy in, and you'll then be hounding your friends and family to do it...

These.

Abba-Dabba
06-30-2010, 09:58 AM
run
run fast

oops too late, they already have your number.

change number
change number fast

Iowanian
06-30-2010, 09:59 AM
This is bound to bring Luzap out of the woodwork to expound the virtues of easy millions.

RedNFeisty
06-30-2010, 10:18 AM
When I was in sales, I spoke to a woman about a job with Primerica, after listening for maybe 10 minutes I said screw this, I'm going home.

El Jefe
06-30-2010, 10:18 AM

That's what I'm thinking, it would be awesome once you had 15 people under you, but you have to get 15 people under you. I am not a pushy person and I am not going to sales pitch my friends and family and make them feel bad if they wouldn't join.

Fat Elvis
06-30-2010, 10:19 AM
This is bound to bring Luzap out of the woodwork to expound the virtues of easy millions.

I will bring him out for you.

http://www.facebook.com/StressFreeBill#!/StressFreeBill

Fat Elvis
06-30-2010, 11:18 AM
Don't think of Primerica a a pyramid scheme. Think of it as leadership opportunity on the path to financial freedom.

Saulbadguy
06-30-2010, 11:22 AM
Don't think of Primerica a a pyramid scheme. Think of it as leadership opportunity on the path to financial freedom.

The same could be said for Amway, Mary Kay, Quikstar, etc.

Fat Elvis
06-30-2010, 11:29 AM
The same could be said for Amway, Mary Kay, Quikstar, etc.

Mr. Saulbadguy, wouldn't you like the opportunity to do what you want, when you wanted to do it? Wouldn't you like to hop on a jet, first class all the way, to go shopping in Beverly Hills, London, Paris or Milan? You can do this and more with the power of residual income. We know times are tough, but for those people who have followed our proven leadership path to economic freedom other people's misery is your opportunity.

Duck Dog
06-30-2010, 11:35 AM
I will bring him out for you.

http://www.facebook.com/StressFreeBill#!/StressFreeBill

Holy crap that's an ugly shirt. Hot babe though.

Saulbadguy
06-30-2010, 11:36 AM
Mr. Saulbadguy, wouldn't you like the opportunity to do what you want, when you wanted to do it? Wouldn't you like to hop on a jet, first class all the way, to go shopping in Beverly Hills, London, Paris or Milan? You can do this and more with the power of residual income. We know times are tough, but for those people who have followed our proven leadership path to economic freedom other people's misery is your opportunity.

Sounds good. Sign me up.

Iowanian
06-30-2010, 12:02 PM
Sounds good. Sign me up.

Great! All we need is $399.99 tonight for your starter kit and we'll have our trainer stop over later to deposit a semen sample in your colon.

*I'd like to hop in a time machine right now and leave a note for the pirmerica cult leader who will be finding this thread via google search in a year or so, and stops by to chastise anyone with a different opinion.

"welcome to chiefsplanet, gfy vulture.
have a nice day or your luxury yacht you hope to own in a year"

Duck Dog
06-30-2010, 12:03 PM
Great! All we need is $399.99 tonight for your starter kit and we'll have our trainer stop over later to deposit a semen sample in your colon.

ROFL

soopamanluva
06-30-2010, 12:07 PM
i have a friend thats in it. not my cup of tea

Bugeater
06-30-2010, 12:26 PM
That's what I'm thinking, it would be awesome once you had 15 people under you, but you have to get 15 people under you. I am not a pushy person and I am not going to sales pitch my friends and family and make them feel bad if they wouldn't join.
That's not quite how it works, they'll ask you to approach your friends and family to sell them their products, not join the company. You're going to be calling them under the guise of using them for 'training sessions', which is bullshit because your superior will be present and he will push for sales and will make countless follow-up phone calls to them. Oh, and this will require them to basically lay out all of their personal financial information in front of you, and most of them aren't going to be too excited to do that. I had an old acquaintance approach me with this a few months back, and I sure as hell wasn't going to disclose my financial situation to her. It's none of her damn business and I know what this company does and I don't need their help.

The 'pyramid' part of it takes effect after you've been with them for a while, you start recruiting people to go after their friends and family to make sales, and you get a cut of it. And so on and so on. But more than likely, you're going to maybe make a sale or two and quit, which is fine with them since they've hardly paid you anything and they have your initiation fees you paid them when you started.

Kylo Ren
06-30-2010, 12:30 PM
It's a scam. It's a pyramid scheme. It's borderline illegal. They'll drain you of all your time and money, then discard you. RUN! They are liars and theives.

El Jefe
06-30-2010, 12:45 PM
That's not quite how it works, they'll ask you to approach your friends and family to sell them their products, not join the company. You're going to be calling them under the guise of using them for 'training sessions', which is bullshit because your superior will be present and he will push for sales and will make countless follow-up phone calls to them. Oh, and this will require them to basically lay out all of their personal financial information in front of you, and most of them aren't going to be too excited to do that. I had an old acquaintance approach me with this a few months back, and I sure as hell wasn't going to disclose my financial situation to her. It's none of her damn business and I know what this company does and I don't need their help.

The 'pyramid' part of it takes effect after you've been with them for a while, you start recruiting people to go after their friends and family to make sales, and you get a cut of it. And so on and so on. But more than likely, you're going to maybe make a sale or two and quit, which is fine with them since they've hardly paid you anything and they have your initiation fees you paid them when you started.

That sounds like what I was hoping it wasn't, well better to know that now. Thanks for the info mayne!

Bugeater
06-30-2010, 12:50 PM
It's a scam. It's a pyramid scheme. It's borderline illegal. They'll drain you of all your time and money, then discard you. RUN! They are liars and theives.
I wouldn't go as far as saying it's a scam, they offer a real service and they can and do help people who are in a financial crisis.

I'd liken it a lot to the Kirby corporation, solid legitimate products, but very shady marketing, sales and hiring practices.

teedubya
06-30-2010, 12:53 PM
I did Primerica in 1995... made a bit of coin... but didn't like it. It inspired me to run my own business someday, though.

It isn't a scam or illegal... in fact, Primerica is a publicly traded company, that just got spun off of Citibank.

It's certainly not for everyone... but some coin can be had... if you take the time to get your insurance licenses and shit.

phisherman
06-30-2010, 01:27 PM
I was waiting for you to chime in on this Teedubya.

Especially after your little travel agency biz you had a couple years ago that you were droning on and on about.

Saulbadguy
06-30-2010, 01:54 PM
Especially after your little travel agency biz you had a couple years ago that you were droning on and on about.

He changes gears pretty quickly. Best not to pay attention to anything he says.

phisherman
06-30-2010, 01:55 PM
Ohhh, trust me, I know; I just like to mock him in a passive aggressive fashion.

chiefsnorth
06-30-2010, 02:19 PM
It's multi-level marketing. Forget it.

Does it cost money to get into this "job?" Do they have to sell you on this "job"? Does any reputable company have to hire in this way?

My brother fell for it at first. It's a MLM scheme.

Ask them what percentage of people make money in the end, how much they profit per year, how long the average person is with the "company". Ask them what it is you actually sell. You will get evasive answers.

In MLM, only a very small percent ever make any money, you have to put in money up front, and it's very hard to make money outside of signing more people up.
Posted via Mobile Device

teedubya
06-30-2010, 03:08 PM
I was waiting for you to chime in on this Teedubya.

Well, it wasn't MY little travel agency biz... I was connected with the corporate side of it and was helping them on a bit of marketing on a client basis... Made 25k on that project... and didn't like what was going on... so I moved on from that client.

Thanks for the passive aggressiveness mockery though.

phisherman
06-30-2010, 03:54 PM
Well, it wasn't MY little travel agency biz... I was connected with the corporate side of it and was helping them on a bit of marketing on a client basis... Made 25k on that project... and didn't like what was going on... so I moved on from that client.

Thanks for the passive aggressiveness mockery though.

say what you will, but you were shilling for them hard on here. it almost sounded like you were trying to build, maybe, a pyramid? ;)

CrazyHorse
06-30-2010, 04:08 PM
The foundation the service is built on is sound. Buy term, invest the rest. But asking a football BB thier opinion is proof you are not in the right place to be successful.

Im not saying you cant be successful at it. Only that there is nothing to be offered here. It takes a particular type to do this. If you are the right type, you will do well, if not, you wont. Its that simple.

I would recommend whatever you decide on the carreer side of it that you take advantage of the service itself.

Pablo
06-30-2010, 06:05 PM
These folks hounded me when I graduated school.

Fuck them. You'd have better luck selling Kirby vacuums or Ginsu knives.

|Zach|
06-30-2010, 06:22 PM
I think it would be a tough jump going from auto repair to pushy sales. It is just such a different mindset.

Saulbadguy
07-01-2010, 06:53 AM
These folks hounded me when I graduated school.

Fuck them. You'd have better luck selling Kirby vacuums or Ginsu knives.

Or a ketchup popsicle to a lady in white gloves.