PDA

View Full Version : Football Greater Player: McNabb or Tomlinson

Buck
06-30-2010, 10:43 AM
I just thought of something.

McNabb has been to 5 NFC Championship Games and 1 Super Bowl and Tomlinson has been to 1 AFC Championship and 0 Super Bowls.

I think LT is a lock for the HOF, but McNabb isn't.

WTF, why is this?

milkman
06-30-2010, 10:46 AM
Because McNabb has never been the best QB in the league at any time in his career, and has failed to produce championships playing the most important position on the field.

Tomlinson was considered the best for several years at his position.

Reaper16
06-30-2010, 10:46 AM
LDT

Hydrae
06-30-2010, 10:47 AM
If Jim Kelly can get in the Hall for his work in Buffalo, McNabb should get in for his work in Philly. Period, end of discussion.

Buck
06-30-2010, 10:47 AM
LDT

Go fuck yourself.

The Franchise
06-30-2010, 10:50 AM
McNabb's Career Stats:

59% Completion
32,873 Yards
216 TDs
100 INTs
86.5 Rating

3,249 Rushing Yards
28 TDs
45 Fumbles Lost

milkman
06-30-2010, 10:50 AM
If Jim Kelly can get in the Hall for his work in Buffalo, McNabb should get in for his work in Philly. Period, end of discussion.

Not even close.

Jim Kelly was a better pure passer and also ran that offense.

Reaper16
06-30-2010, 10:51 AM
Go fuck yourself.
Do people not call him that anymore?

Buck
06-30-2010, 10:52 AM
Do people not call him that anymore?

Only douchebags.

Nobody can lay claim to sole possession of a nickname that consists of their initials, sorry.

Quesadilla Joe
06-30-2010, 10:53 AM
LT. He would have won a ring by now if AJ Smith didn't let Drew Brees walk.

Hydrae
06-30-2010, 10:53 AM
Not even close.

Jim Kelly was a better pure passer and also ran that offense.

And McNabb is a better runner (at least back in his younger days). For the most part, I think the supporting cast for both of them is pretty comparable.

Brock
06-30-2010, 10:54 AM
Only douchebags.

Nobody can lay claim to sole possession of a nickname that consists of their initials, sorry.

A HOF player who redefined the position he played can. No crying wuss should be called by those same initials.

Buck
06-30-2010, 10:55 AM
A HOF player who redefined the position he played can. No crying wuss should be called by those same initials.
You mean a drugged out cokehead?
Go fuck yourself.

Brock
06-30-2010, 10:55 AM
You mean a drugged out cokehead?

Irrelevant.

ModSocks
06-30-2010, 10:56 AM
Only douchebags.

Why are you so angry lately? I remember when you were a weee beginner poster....you weren't nearly this angry.

Brock
06-30-2010, 10:57 AM
Why are you so angry lately? I remember when you were a weee beginner poster....you weren't nearly this angry.

Seen his future.

Buck
06-30-2010, 10:58 AM

Every time someone claims that LaDainian Tomlinson can't use his initials (LT) as his nickname I get pissed off. Its the stupidest fucking thing I've ever heard.

milkman
06-30-2010, 10:58 AM
And McNabb is a better runner (at least back in his younger days). For the most part, I think the supporting cast for both of them is pretty comparable.

Give me a QB that stands in the pocket and makes plays over a running QB, every damn day.

Even the best running QBs that won SBs were pocket passers first, runners second.

Steve Young couldn't lead the 9ers to the SB until he learned to be a pocket passer first.

Running is a nice weapon, but, at the end of the day, an unnecessary luxury.

Brock
06-30-2010, 10:59 AM
LaDainian Tomlinson can't use his initials (LT) as his nickname.

ModSocks
06-30-2010, 11:00 AM
Every time someone claims that LaDainian Tomlinson can't use his initials (LT) as his nickname I get pissed off. Its the stupidest ****ing thing I've ever heard.

Im not talking about just that post. Im talking about in general. When you first came here, your posts were usually pretty entertaining. Funny, and easy to get along with. I thought of you as one of the younger, more "cool" kinda guys on here.

Lately, you've become just as bitchy and looking for a fight as everyone else. It's like a switch flipped or something.

Meh...maybe this place just does that to people.

Old Dog
06-30-2010, 11:00 AM
LT2?

Deberg_1990
06-30-2010, 11:01 AM
Give me a QB that stands in the pocket and makes plays over a running QB, every damn day.

Even the best running QBs that won SBs were pocket passers first, runners second.

Steve Young couldn't lead the 9ers to the SB until he learned to be a pocket passer first.

Running is a nice weapon, but, at the end of the day, an unnecessary luxury.

Hes really not much of a runner anymore. Hes made himself into a better passer than when he first came into the league.

Brock
06-30-2010, 11:01 AM
LT2?

How about LT minor?

Buck
06-30-2010, 11:03 AM
Im not talking about just that post. Im talking about in general. When you first came here, your posts were usually pretty entertaining. Funny, and easy to get along with. I thought of you as one of the younger, more "cool" kinda guys on here.

Lately, you've become just as bitchy and looking for a fight as everyone else. It's like a switch flipped or something.

Meh...maybe this place just does that to people.

Where else have I done this?

I'll admit, when I talk football I usually get pissed because I have to defend the Chargers all the time. However I would say only 30-40% of my posts are football related. I try to befriend everybody, but when people piss me off, intentionally or not, I am going to sound angry, yes.

Deberg_1990
06-30-2010, 11:03 AM
How about LT minor?

how about LT_im not a druggie/rapist ?

CoMoChief
06-30-2010, 11:04 AM

How? Jim Kelly had a HOF RB (Thomas) and WR (Reed) to play with.

McNabb had WR's like Mitchell, Pinkston, Thrash, and Duece Staley at RB

I meant Todd Pinkston, changed it.

Brock
06-30-2010, 11:04 AM
how about LT_im not a druggie/rapist ?

Sure, as long as it's also LT_im not a player anyone will remember 5 years from now.

HoneyBadger
06-30-2010, 11:05 AM
Its hard to say which player is better, one is a QB and one is a RB. Both helped their teams in different ways. Both have had success. Both were probably the most valuable weapons on their team at the peak of their career.

Buck
06-30-2010, 11:05 AM
How? Jim Kelly had a HOF RB (Thomas) and WR (Reed) to play with.

McNabb had WR's like Mitchell, Pinkett, Thrash, and Duece Staley at RB

Yeah thats true. And when he had TO, he went to the Super Bowl. If TO and McNabb could have stayed friends they may have won one.

Buck
06-30-2010, 11:06 AM
Sure, as long as it's also LT_im not a player anyone will remember 5 years from now.

Yeah, he's just like Barry Sanders_fallen into obscurity ever since he retired.

Give me a fucking break.

milkman
Hes really not much of a runner anymore. Hes made himself into a better passer than when he first came into the league.

True, but when you think of great QBs in this league right now, how many names do you think of before McNabb comes to mind?

Manning, Brady, Brees, Favre Warner (until he retired after last year)?

Does he come to mind ahead of Rivers?

Hell, do you think of Aaron Rogers now before McNabb?

DeezNutz
It should be: lt.

If he ever wins anything, we can consider allowing one letter to be in upper-case.

Brock
06-30-2010, 11:07 AM
It should be: lt.

If he ever wins anything, we can consider allowing one letter to be in upper-case.

ROFL

Old Dog
06-30-2010, 11:07 AM
Sanders was a much more electrifying player than LT2, but that's just my opinion. Completely different kind of player.

Reaper16
06-30-2010, 11:11 AM
Only douchebags.

I will refrain from ever using that nickname in the future.

milkman
Sanders was a much more electrifying player than LT2, but that's just my opinion. Completely different kind of player.

I don't think there's any question that Sanders is one of the top 3-4 RBs of all time.

He was certainly exciting and electrifying.
Gale Sayers might be the only one that was more electrifying that I saw.

CoMoChief
Yeah thats true. And when he had TO, he went to the Super Bowl. If TO and McNabb could have stayed friends they may have won one.

yeah thats possible.

CoMoChief
06-30-2010, 11:16 AM
I don't think there's any question that Sanders is one of the top 3-4 RBs of all time.

He was certainly exciting and electrifying.
Gale Sayers might be the only one that was more electrifying that I saw.

Thing about Sanders is that he would run for a yd....then a couple, lose a few yards, gain another 2-3 yrds, then he busts one out for 50yds. IIRC he had a couple Pro Bowl OL on those DET teams.

milkman
06-30-2010, 11:19 AM
Thing about Sanders is that he would run for a yd....then a couple, lose a few yards, gain another 2-3 yrds, then he busts one out for 50yds. IIRC he had a couple Pro Bowl OL on those DET teams.

His propensity to lose yardage is the reason I was never a big fan, and why I don't believe he's the top RB all time.

CoMoChief
06-30-2010, 11:23 AM
Nothing was prettier than watching Priest Holmes and Roaf,Waters,Weigmann,Shields, and Tait making a god damn wall for Holmes on the most perfectly executed screen play.

kysirsoze
06-30-2010, 11:30 AM
I don't think people generally care how many rings an RB has when it comes to HoF contention. QB's are a different story. There's Marino and Kelly, but for the most part, HoF QB's need to get a championship or two. They're the leaders on the offense and are ultimately held responsible for the team's success. Fair or not.

CoMoChief
06-30-2010, 11:31 AM
I don't think people generally care how many rings an RB has when it comes to HoF contention. QB's are a different story. There's Marino and Kelly, but for the most part, HoF QB's need to get a championship or two. They're the leaders on the offense and are ultimately held responsible for the team's success. Fair or not.

Big Ben a HOF'r ???

Param
06-30-2010, 11:31 AM
LT's career is essentially done. McNabb still has at least 5 years to put up stats. I think if McNabb gets to another SB he'll be a lock for the HOF.

Param
06-30-2010, 11:33 AM
Big Ben a HOF'r ???

He's on his way to get there. He could play for another decade.

SAUTO
06-30-2010, 11:37 AM

this could be wrong but IIRC i saw somewhere that he had negative yardage on over 50% of his runs.

RJ
06-30-2010, 11:39 AM
LT is a first ballot HOF'er.

McNabb gets in but it will take a while.

Pioli Zombie
06-30-2010, 12:25 PM
You do realize they play different positions? How about posing the question,who is greater, Bobby Orr or Cal Ripkin Jr?

blaise
06-30-2010, 12:33 PM
They'll both get in the Hall of Fame. LT was better at his position than McNabb was. I've rooted for McNabb for his whole career because I grew up a Syracuse fan and I just liked him, but as far as the argument between him and Jim Kelly that was brought up earlier- I think Kelly was the better QB. Kelly ran that offense perfectly and he had great game and field awareness. He would just stab you in the heart by making big plays when he needed them (except for the Super Bowls) As far as him playing with two HOFers - there's a reason Andre Reed got all those numbers and a lot had to do with Jim Kelly.

Pioli Zombie
06-30-2010, 12:33 PM
Btw,McNabb should be in the HOF. He got a bum rap regarding throwing up in the super bowl. Just before that he was totally creamed by Jarvis Green. That's why he was sluggish and barfing.

blaise
06-30-2010, 12:36 PM
You do realize they play different positions? How about posing the question,who is greater, Bobby Orr or Cal Ripkin Jr?

Bobby Orr. Ripken is more like Chris Chelios.

boogblaster
06-30-2010, 12:50 PM
LT ... Mc Nabb is over-rated ...

Brock
06-30-2010, 12:52 PM
lt and Mc Nabb is over-rated ...

FYP