PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV The Great Herolympics Dilemma

Hammock Parties
06-30-2010, 03:22 PM
Terminator and James Bond have tied.

Everyone hates the Terminator and Wolverine.

But the Terminator is also the only opponent that can perhaps best Wolverine. Also, if they face each other, they can destroy each other.

Option 1: Award Bond the victory. Wolverine probably wins the tournament.

Option 2: Award Bond the victory, dump Wolverine.

Option 3: Award Terminator the victory. Chance of Wolverine and Terminator killing each other.

KurtCobain
06-30-2010, 03:24 PM
Bond could take Wolverine.

The Franchise
06-30-2010, 03:29 PM
Eliminate Wolverine and Terminator.

Hold a round between Bond and whoever faced Wolverine.

Winner moves on.

kysirsoze
06-30-2010, 03:29 PM

Much easier than the T-800 could. His claws could decapitate the Terminator in one slice.

Son of Logical
06-30-2010, 03:30 PM
Terminator and James Bond have tied.

Everyone hates the Terminator and Wolverine.

But the Terminator is also the only opponent that can perhaps best Wolverine. Also, if they face each other, they can destroy each other.

Option 1: Award Bond the victory. Wolverine probably wins the tournament.

Option 2: Award Bond the victory, dump Wolverine.

Option 3: Award Terminator the victory. Chance of Wolverine and Terminator killing each other.

Why do people hate Wolverine? He is awesome, but I would say he is unbeatable. Maybe just give him the gimme, and decide the winner of second place. My vote would be Bond to beat the Terminator.

Great Expectations
06-30-2010, 03:36 PM
Bruce Lee could best them all, has everyone forgotten Return of the Dragon? Not even Chuck Norris can best him.

06-30-2010, 03:39 PM
bond wins and Wolverine gets dumped

Frazod
06-30-2010, 03:40 PM
I quit caring after Wolverine beat John McClane.

kysirsoze
06-30-2010, 03:40 PM
BTW, as it pertains to the outcome of the Bond v. Terminator battle, I hope we're combining the first two options' votes. Otherwise the poll unfairly favors T-800.

Sofa King
06-30-2010, 03:41 PM

This...

where is this option????

poll is flawed!

bevischief
06-30-2010, 03:45 PM
Wolverine of the comics takes them all out, forget the X-men and Wolverine movies they sucked.

RNR
06-30-2010, 04:21 PM

Winner moves on.

This~

Infidel Goat
06-30-2010, 04:31 PM
:deevee:

Stop trying to change the rules after the tournament has already begun.

All that needs to be done is to determine a suitable tie breaker for the match up between The Terminator and 007 . . . and then proceed as planned.

If you don't like the results of this tournament, start a new (and more restrictive one) afterward. Perhaps you would enjoy it if they all competed in their birthday suits without benefit of weapons or gadgets...

I think the fact that the Terminator has come within a vote of losing here is proof that everyone is vulnerable.

RNR
06-30-2010, 04:47 PM

All that needs to be done is to determine a suitable tie breaker for the match up between The Terminator and 007 . . . and then proceed as planned.

If you don't like the results of this tournament, start a new (and more restrictive one) afterward. Perhaps you would enjoy it if they all competed in their birthday suits without benefit of weapons or gadgets...

I think the fact that the Terminator has come within a vote of losing here is proof that everyone is vulnerable.

Quit trying to use logic this is the Planet damn it~

Psyko Tek
06-30-2010, 04:52 PM

this

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-30-2010, 05:00 PM
How the fuck did Wolverine beat John McClane?

kysirsoze
06-30-2010, 05:01 PM
How the **** did Wolverine beat John McClane?

Because, once again, it's who would win in a fight. Not who's cooler.

alnorth
06-30-2010, 06:16 PM

Ditto. Figure out a way to break the tie. Figuring out some stupid way to rig this contest or arbitrarily throw people out because you don't like what's happening is dumb. You need to include a "none of the above, find a way to break the tie" option. (These 3 options would also presumably split the "I like James Bond!" vote, if that matters)

If Wolverine wins, fine so be it. That is not an invalid outcome, and if people "hated" him he wouldn't receive votes.

RedNFeisty
06-30-2010, 06:41 PM

Winner moves on.

I agree, since logic is not winning.

RedNFeisty
06-30-2010, 06:42 PM
Ditto. Figure out a way to break the tie. Figuring out some stupid way to rig this contest or arbitrarily throw people out because you don't like what's happening is dumb. You need to include a "none of the above, find a way to break the tie" option. (These 3 options would also presumably split the "I like James Bond!" vote, if that matters)

If Wolverine wins, fine so be it. That is not an invalid outcome, and if people "hated" him he wouldn't receive votes.

Fine, if you must be logical about it!

06-30-2010, 08:11 PM
You have got to be kidding me with those votes up there. Give me a fuggin break. Shit, move Bond and Terminator through and just have a three way in the next round.

Ebolapox
06-30-2010, 08:14 PM
how about a revote?

Duck Dog
Tie breaker. Bond has an even number of letters (4), The Terminator has an odd number of letters (13). Use the last digit of the Dow at tomorrows closing bell. Even number, Bond wins, odd number The Terminator wins.

Duck Dog
Or they both are dead and neither moves on.

Fritz88
06-30-2010, 08:17 PM
Revote. Or we go through the voters and find the mults that fugged it.

06-30-2010, 08:20 PM
Or they both are dead and neither moves on.
That doesn't work because then somebody gets a free ride in the semis.

06-30-2010, 08:21 PM
Revote. Or we go through the voters and find the mults that fugged it.
I'm all for that. That late run by the terminator was a joke.

RedNFeisty
06-30-2010, 08:22 PM
Bond is winning 10 to 7!

Fritz88
06-30-2010, 08:23 PM
I'm all for that. That late run by the terminator was a joke.

I skimmed through the voters' profiles....A couple of suspects showed up..

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=11136

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=10424

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=10212

06-30-2010, 08:25 PM
Bond is winning 10 to 7!

Ooooh, fuzzy math. I like it!!!!

RedNFeisty
06-30-2010, 08:27 PM
Ooooh, fuzzy math. I like it!!!!

Options 1 & 2 are for bond, option 2 is against, where is it fuzzy??

Fuzzy wazzy, was a bear, Fuzzy wazzy, had no hair!!

06-30-2010, 08:34 PM
Options 1 & 2 are for bond, option 2 is against, where is it fuzzy??

Fuzzy wazzy, was a bear, Fuzzy wazzy, had no hair!!
I knew exactly what you meant. It is fuzzy math but in this case I like it. :clap:

L.A. Chieffan
06-30-2010, 11:41 PM
i voted for terminator.

i would be willing to retract my vote for a mclane vs bond matchup.

just throw em both out

KCGridironBeast
07-01-2010, 01:29 AM
The majority will not be satisfied with a Terminator or Wolverine asterisk-esque victory of the whole Herolympics due to the fact that neither of them should have been allowed in in the first place, so just eliminate them both.

McClane, Batman, Bond, and Jason Bourne advance. Batman would face McClane and Bond would face Bourne.

07-01-2010, 01:57 AM
The majority will not be satisfied with a Terminator or Wolverine asterisk-esque victory of the whole Herolympics due to the fact that neither of them should have been allowed in in the first place, so just eliminate them both.

McClane, Batman, Bond, and Jason Bourne advance. Batman would face McClane and Bond would face Bourne.And that just sounds like a great Final Four too.

Jamie
07-01-2010, 02:32 AM
Batman would beat Wolverine. He'd survive long enough to figure out Wolverine has regenerative healing and indestructible bones, but that the connective tissue is vulnerable. He'd then find a way to sever Wolverine's arms and legs knowing that they could be reattached later when Wolverine was properly restrained.

kysirsoze
07-01-2010, 03:34 AM
Batman would beat Wolverine. He'd survive long enough to figure out Wolverine has regenerative healing and indestructible bones, but that the connective tissue is vulnerable. He'd then find a way to sever Wolverine's arms and legs knowing that they could be reattached later when Wolverine was properly restrained.

QFT

alnorth
07-01-2010, 07:19 AM
Tie breaker. Bond has an even number of letters (4), The Terminator has an odd number of letters (13). Use the last digit of the Dow at tomorrows closing bell. Even number, Bond wins, odd number The Terminator wins.

That would have worked for me!

DJ's left nut
07-01-2010, 08:42 AM
Bond's getting jobbed based on some serious Chicago politics here.

We have dead bodies voting for the terminator then a 'runoff' vote that's stacked against Bond by creating the possibility of a vote split.

Bond has to advance. The tourny continues unmolested.

Quit fucking with the rules because you don't like the outcome.

Rain Man
07-01-2010, 08:46 AM
I think you have to put a call out for one more vote, and that vote is the deciding vote.

Red Brooklyn
07-01-2010, 09:04 AM
Best option:

Suitable secondary option:

Winner moves on.

Ebolapox
07-01-2010, 09:17 AM
yeah, this is fucking retarded. either revote or put a call out for three more votes (best 2 out of 3 wins)

Sofa King
07-01-2010, 09:36 AM
Bond's getting jobbed based on some serious Chicago politics here.

We have dead bodies voting for the terminator then a 'runoff' vote that's stacked against Bond by creating the possibility of a vote split.

Bond has to advance. The tourny continues unmolested.

Quit ****ing with the rules because you don't like the outcome.

this

right now theres 20 votes for bond, and only 13 for terminator... yet terminator is ahead due to split vote...

Infidel Goat
07-01-2010, 11:10 AM
So, 62.86% of those who have voted want 007 to go on to the next round, but The Terminator might go on based upon plurality of vote.

This poll = FUBAR.

DJ's left nut
07-01-2010, 12:21 PM
I should've known that something GoChiefs was heavily involved with couldn't make it all the way to its conclusion without ending up as a smoldering pile of rubble/bullshit...

Leave this kind of stuff to Rainman.

07-01-2010, 01:36 PM
this

right now theres 20 votes for bond, and only 13 for terminator... yet terminator is ahead due to split vote...

That is why we apply fuzzy math to it. Bond has 24 votes and Terminator only has 14.

This tie breaker poll was asinine from the start. Like I said, just put them both through to the next round and have a 3 way battle royale vote.

Hammock Parties
07-01-2010, 02:33 PM
This isn't as FUBAR as you think. It looks like option 1 is going to prevail anyway, which takes care of the majority vote for Bond and the bitching about changing the tournament.

Infidel Goat
07-01-2010, 02:43 PM
This isn't as FUBAR as you think. It looks like option 1 is going to prevail anyway, which takes care of the majority vote for Bond and the bitching about changing the tournament.

It looks like option 1 is going to prevail anyway?!

What poll are you looking at? Option 1 is still down with less than 45 minutes to go. If the poll was closed right now, The Terminator would advance even though only 15 of 39 respondents indicate they believe he should advance. 24 of 39 respondents indicate Bond should advance.

The poll is FUBAR--and you know it.

Hammock Parties
07-01-2010, 02:47 PM
Just relax. I'll probably take one of the suggestions for moving three contestants on to the next round. Seems that's the only way to prevent massive bitching.

07-01-2010, 02:49 PM
So who is going to create a dup account to save the poll and put the right person through. You know, just like the voters that managed to catch the terminator back up late in the game.

07-01-2010, 02:50 PM
Just relax. I'll probably take one of the suggestions for moving three contestants on to the next round. Seems that's the only way to prevent massive bitching.

Sounds like a great idea to me.

Hammock Parties
07-01-2010, 02:54 PM
A three-person poll, with Bond, The Terminator and Wolverine seems like the best way to off Terminator and Wolverine and avoid bitching.... :)

Hammock Parties
07-01-2010, 04:11 PM
OK, the majority wants Bond to move on, and the majority also wants Wolverine and Terminator to kill each other.

So a three-person poll it is.

Infidel Goat
07-01-2010, 06:21 PM
OK, the majority wants Bond to move on, and the majority also wants Wolverine and Terminator to kill each other.

So a three-person poll it is.

Bullshit. Your poll is so flawed it is absurd.

You only gave one option for the Terminator to win. That option included a stupid and unnecessary clause that suggests that person also wants Wolverine and Terminator to kill each other. You have no way of knowing that people who want The Terminator to win also want Wolverine thrown into another unnecessary match up. Truth be told, people who are voting for the Terminator probably have no problem with Wolverine being in this tournament because they clearly don't have the narrow definition of "hero" that you do.

Wolverine won his match up against John McClane. He is one of the three heroes in the final four.

All you need to do is set up a rematch of Bond vs. The Terminator to create the final competitor. Why is this so hard for you to understand?

I'll give you one more opportunity to do what is right before I just set up the correct poll myself and offer the true alternate ending to this tournament. Everybody sees through your ruse. Wolverine won his match up and is irrelevant to the Terminator/007 confilct...

http://www.lib.washington.edu/media/criterion/images/dotherightthing.jpg

RedNFeisty
07-01-2010, 06:24 PM
I think it is clear who should win this poll. There are two Bond options, add them together, that is your winner. Pretty plain to me.

07-01-2010, 07:49 PM
Bullshit. Your poll is so flawed it is absurd.

You only gave one option for the Terminator to win. That option included a stupid and unnecessary clause that suggests that person also wants Wolverine and Terminator to kill each other. You have no way of knowing that people who want The Terminator to win also want Wolverine thrown into another unnecessary match up. Truth be told, people who are voting for the Terminator probably have no problem with Wolverine being in this tournament because they clearly don't have the narrow definition of "hero" that you do.

Wolverine won his match up against John McClane. He is one of the three heroes in the final four.

All you need to do is set up a rematch of Bond vs. The Terminator to create the final competitor. Why is this so hard for you to understand?

I'll give you one more opportunity to do what is right before I just set up the correct poll myself and offer the true alternate ending to this tournament. Everybody sees through your ruse. Wolverine won his match up and is irrelevant to the Terminator/007 confilct...

http://www.lib.washington.edu/media/criterion/images/dotherightthing.jpg

Personally, I would rather Terminator and Wolverine both be out and put Bond against Bourne and McClaine against Batman.

Infidel Goat
07-02-2010, 05:09 AM
Personally, I would rather Terminator and Wolverine both be out and put Bond against Bourne and McClaine against Batman.

I understand that sentiment, but more people voted for Wolverine than McClane when given the opportunity to do so putting you in the minority on that issue.

This vote needs to be about the tie--nothing else--to determine who is the final participant in the final four.

07-02-2010, 09:35 PM
I understand that sentiment, but more people voted for Wolverine than McClane when given the opportunity to do so putting you in the minority on that issue.

This vote needs to be about the tie--nothing else--to determine who is the final participant in the final four.

That is part of the inconsistency of this tournament though. People will vote for their favorites and then all of the sudden decide they want to vote for who would win in a fight. Then they go back to voting for favorites. Whatever is convenient to them at the time.

Crush
07-02-2010, 09:39 PM
As long as Wolverine is screwed Montreal-style than I am good with any comparable decision.

07-02-2010, 09:52 PM
The sad thing is, Wolverine would be done with the Terminator in 10 seconds flat.

|Zach|
07-02-2010, 09:54 PM
As long as Wolverine is screwed Montreal-style than I am good with any comparable decision.

ROFL