PDA

View Full Version : Football V. Jackson on trading block?

Msmith
07-01-2010, 08:35 AM
Is it confirmed? Will the Chiefs take him?

Sofa King
07-01-2010, 08:39 AM
No.

Msmith
07-01-2010, 08:42 AM
The Chiefs have someone better than Jackson as a WR?

Old Dog
07-01-2010, 08:43 AM
Take him? It's not the draft. They wouldn't deal him in the division anyway but I would love to have a WR that can actually CATCH THE FRICKING BALL.

Msmith
07-01-2010, 08:46 AM
Maybe a conditional 2nd will do it. It is almost like a divorce, the longer it waits, the uglier it gets.

MMXcalibur
07-01-2010, 08:48 AM
Minus a few exceptions, divisional deals just don't happen.

Red Brooklyn
07-01-2010, 08:49 AM
Minus a few exceptions, divisional deals just don't happen.
Guys, KCtotheSB is right.

The Franchise
07-01-2010, 09:04 AM
Maybe a conditional 2nd will do it. It is almost like a divorce, the longer it waits, the uglier it gets.

It's already been reported that the Brandon Marshall trade set the bar. It'll take either a 1st rounder or two 2nd rounders.

mcaj22
07-01-2010, 09:33 AM
It's already been reported that the Brandon Marshall trade set the bar. It'll take either a 1st rounder or two 2nd rounders.

maybe his 3/4 game suspension will knock the price down a little bit? Either way, this is great news for the Chiefs this is just another star player out of the division. The AFC West gets a lot worse and we get a little better because of it.

Think about what scrub on that team Brandon Flowers will cover now, Malcolm Floyd their #1 WR? That's sad.

doomy3
07-01-2010, 09:46 AM
Why does it seem that this always happens in our division, where we couldn't really probably get a deal done even if we wanted to?

alpha_omega
07-01-2010, 09:58 AM
The price is too high.

doomy3
07-01-2010, 10:00 AM
Vincent Jackson has just been suspended the first three games of the season for violating the league's personal conduct policy...

doomy3
07-01-2010, 10:00 AM
http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=653567

Chargers | Vincent Jackson suspended three games

San Diego Chargers WR Vincent Jackson has been suspended three games for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy, according to what a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter. The suspension can be reduced upon appeal, but it isn't certain if Jackson will appeal.

Fantasy Tip: Prior to the suspension, Jackson was being drafted as a low-end No. 1 or a top No. 2 fantasy receiver. He will miss three games, barring a successful appeal, but it may not be with the Chargers. This is a true wait-and-see situation. At worst, he falls to being a No. 3 fantasy receiver, regardless of where he plays in 2010.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=653567#ixzz0sRmKKahy

MahiMike
07-01-2010, 10:09 AM
Let's get him and Gates and we'll be Chargers midwest!

TheGuardian
07-01-2010, 11:02 AM
Ugh. Jackson is highly overrated.

CoMoChief
07-01-2010, 11:31 AM
Jackson
Bowe
Chambers
McCluster
Moeaki

Works for me.....matchup problems galore.

BossChief
07-01-2010, 11:39 AM
Even if we could, I doubt we would.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-01-2010, 11:44 AM
Ugh. Jackson is highly overrated.

He's progressed throughout his career, and is on the rise. But I think you're right with the kind of scrilla that he's asking for, and the idea of giving up a 1 or a couple of 2's. I wouldn't pay the draft picks, or the contract he wants.

Quesadilla Joe
07-01-2010, 12:02 PM
Jackson would be a waste with the Chiefs. He is a deep ball receiver who jumps over people. Matt Casshole can't throw deep.

KCrockaholic
07-01-2010, 12:27 PM
"will the Chiefs take him?"

What a stupid fucking question.

Here is one that is just as dumb to answer your stupid question. "Will the Chiefs trade for Albert Haynesworth?"

Buck
07-01-2010, 01:53 PM
He's not being traded to the Chiefs. He is going to the NFC. The Chargers don't really trade in conference. AJ Smith has said so. He'll either be a Skin, Seahawk, or Bear. Have fun with Cuntler, idiot.

TheGuardian
07-01-2010, 02:42 PM
He's progressed throughout his career, and is on the rise. But I think you're right with the kind of scrilla that he's asking for, and the idea of giving up a 1 or a couple of 2's. I wouldn't pay the draft picks, or the contract he wants.

Right. He's in his prime but he's still not a #1 kinda guy. His two best seasons are 1K and 1100 yards. Hardly worth throwing picks at. Esp when you factor in that Rivers just throws a bunch up to him down field. He's kind of a 1 trick pony.

Jethopper
07-01-2010, 03:08 PM
Jackson would be a waste with the Chiefs. He is a deep ball receiver who jumps over people. Matt Casshole can't throw deep.

Don't paint him a small reciever, that's just how the chargers used him. He is 6'5'' 235 plenty big enough to go over the middle....f'n knowmo i sware......

Quesadilla Joe
07-01-2010, 04:23 PM
Don't paint him a small reciever, that's just how the chargers used him. He is 6'5'' 235 plenty big enough to go over the middle....f'n knowmo i sware......

All Philip Puddle does is chuck it up for grabs to Gates, Jackson, and Floyd. I didn't paint him as a small receiver, I said he is deep ball receiver who jumps over people to make catches.

CoMoChief
07-01-2010, 04:25 PM
All Philip Puddle does is chuck it up for grabs to Gates, Jackson, and Floyd. I didn't paint him as a small receiver, I said he is deep ball receiver who jumps over people to make catches.

horribly weak.... :shake:

Pasta Little Brioni
07-01-2010, 05:05 PM
Take him where exactly?? ROFL

TheGuardian
07-01-2010, 05:12 PM

Actually this has a lot of truth to it. I watch his WR's bail him out over and over again with hail mary type passes and jump balls.

boogblaster
07-01-2010, 05:12 PM
We need help .. but not him .....

Buck
07-01-2010, 05:44 PM
Right. He's in his prime but he's still not a #1 kinda guy. His two best seasons are 1K and 1100 yards. Hardly worth throwing picks at. Esp when you factor in that Rivers just throws a bunch up to him down field. He's kind of a 1 trick pony.

He's not a #1 guy?

Your and idiot.

chiefzilla1501
07-01-2010, 05:44 PM
I know I'm alone on this.

But I'd rather commit to the character thing and see if it works out. I'm already sick of Bowe and I think most would agree that New England has really started to slip once they stopped caring about character. Maybe it'll work, maybe it won't. But if you're going to commit to it, I don't think you can go halfass and say you cut Pollard for character reasons and then turn around and then sign a guy who's a headache in the making.

TheGuardian
07-01-2010, 05:45 PM
He's not a #1 guy?

Your and idiot.

Right. And Tomlinson wasn't done either.

Who's the idiot, you fuckin homer?

notorious
07-01-2010, 05:49 PM
Jackson would be a waste with the Chiefs.

This.

. He is a deep ball receiver who jumps over people.

This

Matt Casshole can't throw deep.

This.

Buck
07-01-2010, 05:49 PM
Right. And Tomlinson wasn't done either.

Who's the idiot, you fuckin homer?

God you are stupid. Look at his numbers and het off my cock, really, it's getting quite sore.

Brock
07-01-2010, 05:50 PM
He's not a #1 guy?

Your and idiot.

Obviously, the Chargers aren't dumb enough to pay him like one. Somebody else might be.

LaChapelle
07-01-2010, 06:08 PM
Scopus Jackson Scott City
Millersville

TheGuardian
07-01-2010, 06:26 PM
God you are stupid. Look at his numbers and het off my cock, really, it's getting quite sore.

I don't know what "het off my cock" means. I guess you like some gay shit. Sorry not my thing.

Second, I already quoted his numbers you dumbshit. 1000 yards and 1100 yards isn't #1 type shit. The guy catches a lot of jump balls over guys because he's 6'5" which is why his YPC is so high. Be smarter than the dumb fuck that you are.

Buck
07-01-2010, 06:29 PM
I don't know what "het off my cock" means. I guess you like some gay shit. Sorry not my thing.

Second, I already quoted his numbers you dumbshit. 1000 yards and 1100 yards isn't #1 type shit. The guy catches a lot of jump balls over guys because he's 6'5" which is why his YPC is so high. Be smarter than the dumb fuck that you are.

It was supposed to say get, obviously.

You would argue with me no matter what I say, I feel like you are following me around.

You would argue with me if I told you that Jupiter was uninhabitable. You are the definition of disigerent.

DeezNutz
07-01-2010, 06:29 PM
I know I'm alone on this.

But I'd rather commit to the character thing and see if it works out. I'm already sick of Bowe and I think most would agree that New England has really started to slip once they stopped caring about character. Maybe it'll work, maybe it won't. But if you're going to commit to it, I don't think you can go halfass and say you cut Pollard for character reasons and then turn around and then sign a guy who's a headache in the making.

You commit to the character thing, and I'll commit to the talent thing.

TheGuardian
07-01-2010, 06:32 PM
It was supposed to say get, obviously.

You would argue with me no matter what I say, I feel like you are following me around.

You would argue with me if I told you that Jupiter was uninhabitable. You are the definition of disigerent.

How could I be following you around when I posted in this thread before you?

You're not too sharp today Buck.

Buck
07-01-2010, 06:32 PM
How could I be following you around when I posted in this thread before you?

You're not too sharp today Buck.

It doesn't matter. Anytime I say anything positive about the Chargers you call me an idiot.

TheGuardian
07-01-2010, 06:34 PM
It doesn't matter. Anytime I say anything positive about the Chargers you call me an idiot.

I posted in this thread before you Buck, and said that Jackson was overrated and not a true #1 type WR. He's not. Numbers aside his forte is to go up for jump balls down the field. Not a bad guy to have to compliment your #1, but he's never going to be a #1 guy because he doesn't run real precise short and intermediate routes.

It's about him "sucking" it's about what he does best and doesn't do best. Good, not great WR and doesn't have the makings of a #1 guy.

Is that sensible enough for you?

Marcellus
07-01-2010, 08:42 PM
Lets go trade for a guy who just got suspended right after our supposed #1WR just got suspended last year and we are in a big campaign about character and the right 53.

They can hang out together and do dumb shit and not live up to potential on the field because they are suspended.

Excellent idea.:clap:

ChiefsCountry
07-01-2010, 09:32 PM
The Chiefs have someone better than Jackson as a WR?

Dwayne Bowe

T-post Tom
07-01-2010, 09:58 PM
Maybe he should call Jared Allen for tips on facilitating a trade while you're not on the league's "Good Citizen" list.

notorious
07-01-2010, 10:02 PM
Dwayne Bowe

If he pulls his hands out of his ass.

chiefzilla1501
07-01-2010, 10:56 PM
You commit to the character thing, and I'll commit to the talent thing.

I'm willing to see where it goes. For the record, I'm talking about football character. Jared Allen and Ray Lewis may be off-the-field distractions, but they work their ass off on the field and their teammates respond well to them. I wouldn't pass on those guys. But guys like Brandon Marshall, Vincent Jackson, Santonio Holmes? I have no problem passing on those guys. As crazy as the idea is, I like that the Chiefs seem to all be in shape, working their ass off, and committed more than I've seen in a while to playing football. I don't know how it turns out, but to me, it's too late to turn around now. How do you push a message of "put up or shut up" and then bring in an expensive guy that you know will never buy into discipline?

mcaj22
07-01-2010, 11:27 PM
I'm willing to see where it goes. For the record, I'm talking about football character. Jared Allen and Ray Lewis may be off-the-field distractions, but they work their ass off on the field and their teammates respond well to them. I wouldn't pass on those guys. But guys like Brandon Marshall, Vincent Jackson, Santonio Holmes? I have no problem passing on those guys. As crazy as the idea is, I like that the Chiefs seem to all be in shape, working their ass off, and committed more than I've seen in a while to playing football. I don't know how it turns out, but to me, it's too late to turn around now. How do you push a message of "put up or shut up" and then bring in an expensive guy that you know will never buy into discipline?

Bill Parcell's wrote the book on discipline that Todd Haley and the gang rip off today and so far Brandon Marshall looks happy to actually play football for the Dolphins. He clearly has bought into what the Dolphins are doing so your theory is moot right there.

T-post Tom
07-01-2010, 11:30 PM
V.Jackson? Really? I thought she retired?

http://kaufmantoldmesettheworldonfire.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/victoriawithdennis.jpg

chiefzilla1501
07-02-2010, 12:05 AM
Bill Parcell's wrote the book on discipline that Todd Haley and the gang rip off today and so far Brandon Marshall looks happy to actually play football for the Dolphins. He clearly has bought into what the Dolphins are doing so your theory is moot right there.

Oh yeah? Is that why Teddy Ginn was such a standout in Miami? And a few months really enough time to judge whether Marshall is working out or not? And given that Belichick is probably as good as Parcells from the discipline standpoint, why is it that Brady has complained that the team lacks discipline and McGinest points out that the team lacks leadership.

I don't know how it will work out. But again, I think it's hard to deny that this team looks like it's going to be a hell of a lot more focused and prepared than we've seen in a really long time.

Red Dawg
07-02-2010, 01:25 AM
I'd get him if we could. He's fugg'in better that anyone we have for sure.