PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Take the wife to a Chiefs/Broncos game at Invesco?

MMXcalibur
07-01-2010, 08:46 AM
The wife, she can be pretty confrontational at times. In fact, when we went to the Chiefs/Texans Week 1 game in Houston a few seasons back, she almost got in a shouting match with a Texans fan who was making a snide comment as we were leaving. I keep telling her that comments are going to come from the opposing team's fans and to just let it slide, but it goes in one ear and out the other.

Anyways, I was hoping to go to two Chiefs games this season: one at Arrowhead in October and the other up at Invesco in November. Of course, I'll be taking her with me out to Kansas City for the home game, but I wanted to confirm my thoughts that I should leave her at home for the road game in Denver. I imagine the comments and smacktalk will be even worse at Invesco and I'd like to avoid keeping my wife from mouthing off to Donkey fans that are five times bigger than me.

Red Brooklyn
07-01-2010, 08:59 AM
Sounds like it would be much more fun to have her there. :)

Quesadilla Joe
07-01-2010, 09:00 AM
Denver fans are classy don't worry about it.

Lurk
07-01-2010, 09:27 AM

I am a Bronco fan and have been to many of the games...Denver fans are not all classy. There are quite a few assclowns at Invesco, probably like any stadium.

Garcia Bronco
07-01-2010, 09:29 AM
No one is going to bother her here, but there are assholes is every group.

Sofa King
07-01-2010, 09:33 AM

that's sig worthy.....

1ChiefsDan
07-01-2010, 11:14 AM
In the 6 years I have lived here I have been to 4 of the games. Always in Chiefs gear, most with face painted and never quiet. I have only had 1 beer thrown on me and the donkey fans around me called security and had the guy thrown out.

There are assholes in every crowd but it is still a pretty safe environment.

Brock
07-01-2010, 11:17 AM
People in Denver are generally pretty nice. People in Cincinnati and Indianapolis are raging assholes though.

Bane
07-01-2010, 11:25 AM

:rolleyes:

|Zach|
07-01-2010, 11:27 AM
Went a few years ago and had a blast...except for one worthless asshole. Everyone is pretty nice. However you pretty much get back what you put out. If your wife is looking for confrontation she will find it, but that doesn't really have anything to do with Denver.

Deberg_1990
07-01-2010, 11:31 AM
If your wife is looking for confrontation she will find it, but that doesn't really have anything to do with Denver.

This...

You could find a fight in any stadium in the country if you wanted.

Bane
07-01-2010, 11:49 AM
The wife, she can be pretty confrontational at times. In fact, when we went to the Chiefs/Texans Week 1 game in Houston a few seasons back, she almost got in a shouting match with a Texans fan who was making a snide comment as we were leaving. I keep telling her that comments are going to come from the opposing team's fans and to just let it slide, but it goes in one ear and out the other.

Anyways, I was hoping to go to two Chiefs games this season: one at Arrowhead in October and the other up at Invesco in November. Of course, I'll be taking her with me out to Kansas City for the home game, but I wanted to confirm my thoughts that I should leave her at home for the road game in Denver. I imagine the comments and smacktalk will be even worse at Invesco and I'd like to avoid keeping my wife from mouthing off to Donkey fans that are five times bigger than me.

It seems there is a common denominator in every situation.
:hmmm:

Its simple. Tell her to STFU and watch the game.

KCrockaholic
07-01-2010, 12:17 PM
Well it's better than going to Oakland to a Chiefs game. That's pretty much attempted suicide if you ask me. It's not even because they are passionate fans. Most of them play soccer 24/7 and don't even know whats going on in the game. They're ****ing stupid.

I almost went to the Chiefs and Broncos game last year. I wish I could have gone, but that's the way stuff works. If your wife won't listen to you about how to act around opposing fans, I'd say your in trouble. But I think it depends on how the season is going. If Denver is looking pretty sad at that point in the season the fan base won't show up and the crowd wont be as chatty. Denver has plenty of fair weather fans. I see it all the time, and I saw it the entire second half of the 2009 season. They're far from loyal as a group. I'm not saying all of them quit on the team as soon as things turn south, but a good portion of them do, and it's hard to ignore.

chiefforlife
07-01-2010, 12:38 PM
I go to the Chiefs game every year at Invesco, I wear Chiefs gear, always. I have always had a great time and been treated very well by the fans around me. Its an awesome stadium and the fans are great.
Sure, there are always a few comments yelled from far away but you laugh at that and things are cool. Its a good time but as someone mentioned before, if she is looking for trouble she will always find it.

MMXcalibur
07-01-2010, 12:44 PM
She doesn't look for trouble by any means. She's the type that gets offended by shit that one would normally just shrug off or have the good sense of ignoring. From what I understand, there's only a few idiots (and like most said, every place has them). I'll have to sit down and talk to her prior to buying tickets.

MrPappagiorgio
07-01-2010, 12:56 PM
Whats the problem? The few times I took my wife to the game she just sits there drinking coffee. The best way to have fun at the game is to drink allot and talk $hit.

|Zach|
07-01-2010, 12:57 PM
Whats the problem? The few times I took my wife to the game she just sits there drinking coffee. The best way to have fun at the game is to drink allot and talk $hit.

Douchebag.

MrPappagiorgio
07-01-2010, 01:00 PM
Douchebag.

You should come to the game sometime.:D

ClevelandBronco
07-01-2010, 01:03 PM

The vast majority of Broncos fans are going to think she's part of the entertainment. Of course, there are exceptions.

notorious
07-01-2010, 08:48 PM
I go to the Chiefs game every year at Invesco, I wear Chiefs gear, always. I have always had a great time and been treated very well by the fans around me. Its an awesome stadium and the fans are great.
Sure, there are always a few comments yelled from far away but you laugh at that and things are cool. Its a good time but as someone mentioned before, if she is looking for trouble she will always find it.

This. Been there myself for several games and I have always been treated with respect. As much as both sides would hate what I am about to say.....................

Denver and Kansas City fans are more alike then either side would like to admit.

Coach
07-01-2010, 10:09 PM
She doesn't look for trouble by any means. She's the type that gets offended by shit that one would normally just shrug off or have the good sense of ignoring. From what I understand, there's only a few idiots (and like most said, every place has them). I'll have to sit down and talk to her prior to buying tickets.

Well, if she is wanting to look to start a fight, then take her to Oakland. There's plenty of them all around there. Just don't bring a knife to a gunfight.

DaFace
07-01-2010, 10:37 PM
Eh, if you're obnoxious in any opposing team's stadium, chances are you're going to find someone to call you on it. If you're respectful, you'll probably be fine, though there's always a chance you'll run into an asshole.

In my experience, fans in Denver aren't really any worse than KC fans, but you can pick a fight in either stadium pretty easily.

LetsSignRussell
07-01-2010, 10:42 PM
hey daface. still waiting on the rep......

Buck
07-01-2010, 10:45 PM
Ive been to 2 games at Invesco. In 2008 the fans were dicks. In 2009 they were alright, but it was probably because we beat them by nearly 30 points.

Stanley Nickels
07-01-2010, 10:49 PM
I have been to away games and treated like shit. At one of our "home" games, kansas fans were sitting in the Missouri student section at an MU/kU basketball game, and I was an asshole.. to the point that my friends told me to shut up. I realized that, while I was just giving guff, I had been doing it too much (for about an hour), and went and apologized. I've been to Phog and been treated worse, but I did need to tone it down a little. Most of the times, the majority will keep everyone in check. Except Oakland. Never go to Oakland, regardless of allegiance.

Stanley Nickels
07-01-2010, 10:51 PM
Visiting away games is really a novelty for people who can understand perspective. Those who don't-- those who don't understand guff from fighting words-- need not visit.

LaChapelle
07-02-2010, 03:58 AM
Denver Carmack Gaynor Darlington McFall
Worth Brooklyn Gentry Ravenwood Pickering

KC Jones
07-02-2010, 06:59 AM
Should be fine. I've never had any issues going to Invesco.

Fritz88
07-02-2010, 07:06 AM
It's a tough situation, if someone bad mouths a girl with me then things can escalate quickly. Either explain things clearly to her or reconsider taking her.

R8RFAN
07-02-2010, 08:01 AM
http://www.prestone.com/enlarged/images/prestoneAntiCool3.jpg

jidar
07-02-2010, 08:07 AM
The female tendency to run her mouth when she gets upset is usually most troublesome when she starts doing it to another male. Too many women don't realize that while they aren't likely to have to get physical because of what they're saying the guy they're with might have to.

Renegade
07-02-2010, 08:50 AM
I took my wife to Ivesco for her 40th b-day. I have to say their fans were more well behaved than we are at Arrowhead. Just like an event, wear your colors proud, but just don't talk a lot of s**t, and you will be ok. There is always the little needling, but that is all in fun.

CHENZ A!
07-02-2010, 09:22 AM
I can't wait til we takeover St Louis, last time was a lot of fun. Also going to SD this year, are the chiefs fan turnouts usually pretty good out there?
Posted via Mobile Device

Buck
07-02-2010, 04:27 PM
I can't wait til we takeover St Louis, last time was a lot of fun. Also going to SD this year, are the chiefs fan turnouts usually pretty good out there?
Posted via Mobile Device

Usually.

In 2004-2007 you guys had a pretty good turnout.

2008 was ok.

2009 there were barely any there. I sat in the Chiefs fan section, it was 98% Chargers fans that day.

From 2004-2007 I would say probably around 25% Chiefs fans.

CHENZ A!
07-02-2010, 05:10 PM
Usually.

In 2004-2007 you guys had a pretty good turnout.

2008 was ok.

2009 there were barely any there. I sat in the Chiefs fan section, it was 98% Chargers fans that day.

From 2004-2007 I would say probably around 25% Chiefs fans.

It must suck having a city that everyone wants to visit in the wintertime since it coincides with football season. :) I hate it when there are a bunch of opposing fans at arrowhead, but nothing you can do.
Posted via Mobile Device

Art Vader
07-02-2010, 06:13 PM
I want to go with you guys

Elwaysux
07-02-2010, 07:12 PM
Years ago Mrs. ElwaySux and I went to a game at MileHigh when Joe Montana was QB'ing the Chiefs. We got our tickets through the Chiefs and thus were part of the Red Ring around the top of Arrowhead. Early in the first half a large Donkey fan, (female I guess) was doing the tomahawk chop with her middle finger and saying some sexual positions she would like to do with Joe. I had some choice things to say about her verbiage and her husband (boy toy) had to hold her back as she tried to punch me. My wife was pretty disgusted and wouldn't go to a road game for a while. We lost the game when Bryan Barker kicked a blocked punt about 40 yards down the field and it snowed on top of it.
Other than that a great time had by all.

jspchief
07-02-2010, 07:48 PM
If she doesn't know how to shrug it off, don't go. You'll end up in a confrontation. Has nothing to do with Denver fans, it has to do with your wife's inability to recognize when to turn the other cheek.