PDA

View Full Version : Misc Checks

bango
07-03-2010, 11:21 AM
Do you still use checks to pay for most of your purchases? If you do, why do you do that? I can see using them to pay bills that are mailed, but any other type of purchase is inconsiderate. You can always use cash, a debit card, or credit if it applies to the situation. I am sorry if this is a repost.

gblowfish
07-03-2010, 11:24 AM
Nope. Do all online banking and use a debit card. No postage, no cost of checks, very efficient.

Buck
07-03-2010, 11:28 AM
Do you still use VHS tapes to watch videos? Why? You idiot.

Bugeater
07-03-2010, 11:30 AM
I use them for bills that I have to mail, to pay my lawn guy if I don't have cash, and when I make large purchases.

DeezNutz
07-03-2010, 11:31 AM
Inconsiderate?

Bugeater
07-03-2010, 11:32 AM
Inconsiderate?
I'm guessing he's referring to the asswipes who hold up the grocery line while writing checks.

LetsSignRussell
07-03-2010, 11:34 AM
Bug you should mow your own yard

pr_capone
07-03-2010, 11:35 AM
I use about 1-2 checks per month. I use online banking for all my bill payments and everything else is either debit or cash.

DeezNutz
07-03-2010, 11:36 AM
I'm guessing he's referring to the asswipes who hold up the grocery line while writing checks.

Probably, but it's pretty funny to get too worried about the manner in which other people spend their money.

Oh noez111 I waited an additional minute1111

Bugeater
07-03-2010, 11:41 AM
Probably, but it's pretty funny to get too worried about the manner in which other people spend their money.

Oh noez111 I waited an additional minute1111
Well, it is pretty frustrating when it's busy as hell, and some blue hair gets their total and then acts like they just had the revelation that they have to pay for their shit and start digging for their checkbook and then carefully write out the check even putting something in the memo line and then also has to detail all the information in the ledger before finally handing over the check to the cashier.

Bugeater
07-03-2010, 11:43 AM
Oh, and to the village idiot, all your stupid goddamn messages you're putting on my profile are being deleted without being read. Can you save us both the hassle and kindly knock it the fuck off?

gblowfish
07-03-2010, 11:48 AM
Well, it is pretty frustrating when it's busy as hell, and some blue hair gets their total and then acts like they just had the revelation that they have to pay for their shit and start digging for their checkbook and then carefully write out the check even putting something in the memo line and then also has to detail all the information in the ledger before finally handing over the check to the cashier.

I was behind one of these at the grocery store about a week ago. She might as well started raking a fork across a chalkboard.

Crush
07-03-2010, 12:52 PM
... but I like chex mix.
Posted via Mobile Device

LetsSignRussell
07-03-2010, 12:53 PM
All you had to do was ask Bug.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-03-2010, 12:55 PM
I'll do a check by phone to pay the 1 bill that I can't just pay online. Other than that though, I pay everything on my computer. And who takes checks anymore? I don't even bother with them.

SLAG
07-03-2010, 01:00 PM
I've used checks more in the last week since I left my debit card in the ATM -
they are handy to float some stuff til payday -otherwise i do the online thing

RJ
07-03-2010, 01:28 PM
I use unsecured promissory notes for all my financial transactions. Especially the grocery store. I also use a lot of expired coupons.

RNR
07-03-2010, 01:35 PM
I'll do a check by phone to pay the 1 bill that I can't just pay online. Other than that though, I pay everything on my computer. And who takes checks anymore? I don't even bother with them.

Cannot recall the last time I wrote one~

Sure-Oz
07-03-2010, 01:41 PM
I use checks just to pay my car, its mostly online or through my card

ChiefsCountry
07-03-2010, 01:49 PM
I use checks for the two payments - car and house.

milkman
07-03-2010, 02:15 PM
Inconsiderate?

Wait, do we actually know each other?

I still use checks just to piss people off.

Gonzo
07-03-2010, 02:17 PM
You said this:

Wait, do we actually know each other?

I still use checks just to piss people off.

But I read this:

Wait, do we actually know each other? Senility is kicking in.

I still use checks and telegraph just to piss people off.

:D
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman
07-03-2010, 02:20 PM
You said this:

But I read this:

:D
Posted via Mobile Device

Telegraph?

I'm still waiting for the Pony Express mail carrier.

Where is that rat bastard anyway?

googlegoogle
07-03-2010, 02:58 PM
Do you still use VHS tapes to watch videos? Why? You idiot.

I have a vhs player.

Fairplay
07-03-2010, 03:04 PM
There are some cases where I still use checks, yes.

seclark
07-03-2010, 03:17 PM
i don't have a debit card.

i use a credit card maybe once or twice a year.

the wife pays most of the bills online, and uses her debit card for most purchases.

i write 2 checks a week for gas and cash(monday and friday). each time, i write the check out before going in the store. all i have to do is write the amount on it. it's the same store all the time. right on the way from work. the owner doesn't complain, and if someone behind me does, they can f@ck themself.

works for me.
sec

BWillie
07-03-2010, 03:29 PM
Do you still use checks to pay for most of your purchases? If you do, why do you do that? I can see using them to pay bills that are mailed, but any other type of purchase is inconsiderate. You can always use cash, a debit card, or credit if it applies to the situation. I am sorry if this is a repost.

No. I use a citi bank credit card, an amex card, and just recently switched to high and free checking at valley view bank. Certain items yield higher cash backs.For example, right now until sept I get 5% on all out to eat purchases. For my debit card and checking account I get 3% INTEREST on my checking account balance as long as I make 15 debit card purchases a month.

Last month I earned $47 in interest from my debit card-checking account and $45 from my credit cards.Add that up for an entire year and its around $1100 a year I earn just for spending money.

JoeyChuckles
07-03-2010, 04:29 PM
I pay most of my bills by morse code. That, or sometimes I use the bottle method. Just stick in some cash and an address and throw it out to sea. It will get there at some point.

Lonewolf Ed
07-03-2010, 04:33 PM

I generally choose a check out line with more mobile customers, check or no check.

Mr. Laz
07-03-2010, 04:33 PM
about the only thing i use checks for is to give money to a relative or good friend.

joesomebody
07-03-2010, 04:43 PM
I have two checking accounts and no check books... I do have a book of starter checks, but I just have never bothered with getting a check book. It seems I move at least once every 2 years, and it's a pain to get the address changed, etc.

I do pretty much 100% online bill pay through my bank, they write the check and mail it for me. And it's free, so why not?

Debit card or cash for all purchases. I use paypal a surprising amount online.

Slainte
07-03-2010, 05:33 PM
I have recently started paying my bills by semaphore flag communication. It's really cool...

ChiefsFan4Life
07-03-2010, 05:36 PM
Worst thing ever is getting behind a check writer in line at the grocery store or anywhere else - get with the damn times

milkman
07-03-2010, 05:38 PM
Worst thing ever is getting behind a check writer in line at the grocery store or anywhere else - get with the damn times

Why?

I feel no need to make your life any easier.

If I can inconvenience for just one minute, I'm a happy guy.

Bane
07-03-2010, 05:41 PM
I haven't used checks in 10 years or so.

LetsSignRussell
07-03-2010, 05:43 PM
Why?

I feel no need to make your life any easier.

If I can inconvenience for just one minute, I'm a happy guy.

I agree with 50% of this post