PDA

View Full Version : Football How much of a distraction does a player have to be in order for you to turn on them?

pr_capone
07-04-2010, 12:10 AM
There have always been people in the league like Mike Vick, T.O, & Ben who are constantly a distraction on their team.

Obviously T.O was good enough to keep around for several seasons in SF despite being an ass. Ben aspires to be the guy from Girls Gone Wild yet the Steelers still have him on the roster. Vick kills a few dogs and he gets axed. There is obviously a line somewhere. Does there have to be bloodshed in order to get fired in the NFL or have the fan base turn on a player?

I'd like to know where the line is for you. What does a player have to do to make you give up on them?

/I'd like to acknowledge my posts in the past regarding Bowe. this thread has nothing to do with him. it was inspired by a conversation with a fellow Brave fan regarding John rocker getting the axe from the Braves after his racist tirade.

Dole_Russell
07-04-2010, 12:12 AM
decrease in performance. outlashes at fans.

SnakeXJones
07-04-2010, 12:13 AM
I think a player crosses the line when they embarrass the franchise

Phobia
07-04-2010, 01:06 AM
Consistently ridiculous behavior that is not good natured. See, I like Chad Johnson because he's always screwing off with a smile on his face. It's all in good fun. But idiots like LJ - brooding a-holes for no reason other than to be a rich prick - screw those guys. You're playing a game for a living. Yes, you're rich but let's keep it in perspective. You don't really matter too much in the grand scheme of things.

Hammock Parties
07-04-2010, 01:13 AM
Took either two or three strikes from LJ, depending on your interpretation of events.

I'd say Bowe has one strike against him. Another one and I'll start to waver....a third and he gets the LJ treatment.

I love guys like TO and Chad Johnson though. Even Randy Moss.

Bugeater
07-04-2010, 01:18 AM
I liked Chad Johnson until he changed his name, that took his attention whoring to a level that I just can't wrap my mind around.

KCrockaholic
07-04-2010, 01:34 AM
As much as LJ. Basically if you suck on the field and blow cocks off the field, then talk about cakn patna.

Consistent1
07-04-2010, 04:29 AM
If we get to the 'ship...they can kill 'em all.....let God-dell sort it out. Just get me that title first.

R8RFAN
07-04-2010, 05:45 AM
Jamarcus Russell

JD10367
07-04-2010, 06:30 AM
Winning cures all ills. No player can be a really bad detriment if the team is winning.

But when a team isn't winning: any player that becomes a locker-room cancer. You can't have malcontents badmouthing the coaches or play selection, or whining about their personal issues (i.e. contract status). You also can't have them bringing their personal legal issues to the team as a distraction.

The Patriots have made many "bad seeds" seem better. First they picked up Bryan Cox, then Corey Dillon, now Randy Moss. In each case, the fanbase said, "Oh, shit, this'll never work," but it worked okay.

Vick is just a waste. He's done little on the field to show he's worth the effort. Roethlsomething, when he had the motorcycle incident was still worth it, but now he's crossed that line where I think he's ruined his career as well. Owens, for all his "me me me" attitude, actually behaved himself well in Buffalo, so maybe he's finally turned the maturation corner; in the right situation, with the right coach and team, he could give a city a few good Randy Moss-like seasons. Ochocinco is a nutjob but plays hard and well; Belichick would love to have him, I think.

CupidStunt
07-04-2010, 07:05 AM
Flopping your cock out and forcing it on drunk girls.