PDA

View Full Version : Royals ***Royals vs. Los Angeles Fallen Angels of Frontierland-heim 7/4***

CaliforniaChief
07-04-2010, 10:33 AM
Going for the sweep tonight...ESPN Game of the Week

My expectations:
1. One of the Disney characters wears a Lerew fastball between the shoulder blades early on.

2. Royals win. Pretty simple.

Pitching Matchup:
Anthony Lerew (1-1), 3.63 ERA vs. Joel Pinholio (8-6), 4.23 ERA

Lineups
TBA

Thanks for letting me start these Angels games threads. It's personal for me. :D

DeezNutz
07-04-2010, 10:36 AM
If #1 comes to fruition, I'll be shocked. Happy, yet shocked nonetheless.

This organization has lacked the collective backbone to stick up for itself for at least the last 10 years.

Reaper16
07-04-2010, 10:41 AM
Joel Pinerio seems to always pitch the Royals well.

teedubya
07-04-2010, 10:42 AM
What time is the game?

milkman
07-04-2010, 10:45 AM
What time is the game?

Does anybody really know what time it is?
Does anybody really care?

milkman
07-04-2010, 10:46 AM
What time is the game?

Okay, really.

7 pm your time on ESPN.

Dartgod
07-04-2010, 10:48 AM
I missed the game last night, so what the hell happened that we should bean one of their batters?

petegz28
07-04-2010, 10:50 AM
I missed the game last night, so what the hell happened that we should bean one of their batters?

They plunked Butler twice in back-back AB's. And I felt, as a few others did, they did it deliberately to get to Guillen and avoid Butler. These were not curve balls that got away.

gblowfish
07-04-2010, 10:54 AM
I'll be surprised if they play well, they usually piss themselves on National TV.

Reaper16
07-04-2010, 11:02 AM
I'll be surprised if they play well, they usually piss themselves on National TV.
Last time that even remember watching them on a national TV broadcast was in 2005. They beat the White Sox in 13 innings. They went on to lose 19 consecutive games.

Mama Hip Rockets
07-04-2010, 11:03 AM

When have they ever been on national TV? I seriously cannot recall that ever happening.

gblowfish
07-04-2010, 11:05 AM
When have they ever been on national TV? I seriously cannot recall that ever happening.

It doesn't happen very often. Usually only about once or twice a year, if at all.
It's always against a big TV market like NY or LA or Chicago.

teedubya
07-04-2010, 11:20 AM
I've never seen the Royals on ESPN before, I don't think

Mama Hip Rockets
07-04-2010, 11:29 AM
I've never seen the Royals on ESPN before, I don't think

Me neither. I am excited!

DeezNutz
07-04-2010, 12:04 PM
They plunked Butler twice in back-back AB's. And I felt, as a few others did, they did it deliberately to get to Guillen and avoid Butler. These were not curve balls that got away.

And, perhaps even more importantly, Santana acted all "tough guy" after hitting Butler the second time. If the game were more in hand, his actions would have absolutely DEMANDED that an Angel wear a fastball.

warpaint*
07-04-2010, 12:12 PM
If #1 comes to fruition, I'll be shocked. Happy, yet shocked nonetheless.

This organization has lacked the collective backbone to stick up for itself for at least the last 10 years.

I'm thinking I started noticing it during the Muser days.

warpaint*
07-04-2010, 12:15 PM
And, perhaps even more importantly, Santana acted all "tough guy" after hitting Butler the second time. If the game were more in hand, his actions would have absolutely DEMANDED that an Angel wear a fastball.

Is there another team in the league that would let this go by the wayside? SOP and we cower in the corner instead of doing what every other team in the league would do

CaliforniaChief
07-04-2010, 12:27 PM
As much as I despise the Angels, I'd be disappointed if we swept the series and didn't do something to teach them a lesson in front of the whole country.

If I was running this team and Lerew gets the first two guys out, Abreu's gonna get a massive bruise on his back. Otherwise, I'd pin Hunter.

DeezNutz
07-04-2010, 12:32 PM
I'm thinking I started noticing it during the Muser days.

Could be. At the very least, that's when our bitchness reached its peak level, and the White Sox were our #1 Daddy.

alnorth
07-04-2010, 12:35 PM
Is there another team in the league that would let this go by the wayside? SOP and we cower in the corner instead of doing what every other team in the league would do

we couldnt do anything last night because it was a close game in late innings.

Besides that, I am not convinced, at all, that the 2nd was intentional. It was still a scoreless tie, and there was no base open. Hitting Butler loaded the bases, after which Guillen promptly plated two runs.

DeezNutz
07-04-2010, 12:37 PM
we couldnt do anything last night because it was a close game in late innings.

Besides that, I am not convinced, at all, that the 2nd was intentional. It was still a scoreless tie, and there was no base open. Hitting Butler loaded the bases, after which Guillen promptly plated two runs.

Might not have been, but you can't have, arguably, your best hitter get hit twice and then be shown up without a response.

Priest31kc
07-04-2010, 12:38 PM
Im pretty excited for this one tonight. A chance to sweep the Angels in Anaheim on ESPN. Ill have to DVR it though once it gets dark, gotta watch the fireworks tonight!

alnorth
07-04-2010, 12:41 PM
Might not have been, but you can't have, arguably, your best hitter get hit twice and then be shown up without a response.

Thats fine, but what are you going to do last night? Ask Farnsworth of all people to bring the winning run up to the plate?

Besides that, if I'm the pitcher and I know I didn't throw at the guy on purpose, I'm not going to pretend to be sorry about it. The ball got away, it happens. Stop glaring at me like I did something wrong, and trot your grumpy ass over to first.

DeezNutz
07-04-2010, 12:43 PM
Thats fine, but what are you going to do last night? Ask Farnsworth of all people to bring the tying run up to the plate?

Besides that, if I'm the pitcher and I know I didn't throw at the guy on purpose, I'm not going to pretend to be sorry about it. The ball got away, it happens. Stop glaring at me like I did something wrong, and trot your grumpy ass over to first.

Last night? Nothing, as I've said in this thread. Winning the game was far more important, and the situation didn't allow for it.

Tonight? Hunter is taking a fastball in the ribs in his first AB.

DJay23
07-04-2010, 12:46 PM

The Royals were on ESPN plenty in 2003, the last time we challenged for any kind of post season. Yo Creo! It's Lima Time!

alnorth
07-04-2010, 12:48 PM
Last night? Nothing, as I've said in this thread. Winning the game was far more important, and the situation didn't allow for it.

Tonight? Hunter is taking a fastball in the ribs in his first AB.

Fair enough, though I think I'd wait for bases empty two outs. If that doesn't happen by the 4th inning, then just hit their best player as soon as you can.

CaliforniaChief
07-04-2010, 12:56 PM
Fair enough, though I think I'd wait for bases empty two outs. If that doesn't happen by the 4th inning, then just hit their best player as soon as you can.

I'd be fine with that. I'm just saying...we can't leave Toontown without planting one in Donald Duck's fat feathery ass.

We have the opportunity to slap down the Angels like we've never done before and I hope we get it done.

Again, I have neighborhood responsibilities and will be watching the game on the DVR so I'll do my best to input the lineups when we have them but I won't have any kind of updating like Al's awesome threads do.

Saul Good
07-04-2010, 12:59 PM

It doesn't matter if it was an accident. You've got to send a message. If nothing else, it get's into their pitchers' heads. If they know that they have to be careful when they pitch inside lest we drill one of their guys, they might be inclined to work the outer half more.

alnorth
07-04-2010, 01:00 PM
I won't have any kind of updating like Al's awesome threads do.

no worries, I don't think anyone is expected to go that far. I probably have some kind of obsessive mental disorder caused by watching too much bad baseball over the years.

BigChiefFan
07-04-2010, 01:00 PM
Tonight? Hunter is taking a fastball in the ribs in his first AB.:evil:

Saul Good
07-04-2010, 01:12 PM
How cool would it be if we started Farnsworth with the sole purpose of drilling the leadoff man and starting a brawl? I think the Royals would gain a few casual fans.

JoeyChuckles
07-04-2010, 01:14 PM

This discussion brings up an interesting question. If the Royals were to indeed hit a batter tonight, and that batter were to then charge the mound, which Royals pitcher would you want to be the one on the mound, in terms of fighting ability?

I vote for Farnsworth.

petegz28
07-04-2010, 01:16 PM
This discussion brings up an interesting question. If the Royals were to indeed hit a batter tonight, and that batter were to then charge the mound, which Royals pitcher would you want to be the one on the mound, in terms of fighting ability?

I vote for Farnsworth.

Farnsworth or Tejeda.

Reaper16
07-04-2010, 01:18 PM
The answer would be Fansrworth. All of the teams in MLB would say Farnsworth.

Demonpenz
07-04-2010, 01:23 PM
we need to pitch inside before we can bean someone, it's a process

warpaint*
07-04-2010, 01:33 PM
Could be. At the very least, that's when our bitchness reached its peak level, and the White Sox were our #1 Daddy.

Yep.

Saul Good
07-04-2010, 01:38 PM
The answer would be Fansrworth. All of the teams in MLB would say Farnsworth.

Exactly. Say what you will about him as a pitcher. He is not to be effed with in a physical confrontation.

Mr. Laz
07-04-2010, 01:52 PM
didn't it start up because Butler hit a homerun and then slammed his bat into the ground and glared at the pitcher? or was that against the chisox?

Mr. Laz
07-04-2010, 01:57 PM
How cool would it be if we started Farnsworth with the sole purpose of drilling the leadoff man and starting a brawl? I think the Royals would gain a few casual fans.
absolutely :clap:

Start Farnsworth and have him drill the very 1st batter right in the ribs. One pitch and then pull him for Lerew. ROFL

petegz28
07-04-2010, 02:02 PM
didn't start up because Butler hit a homerun and then slammed his bat into the ground and glared at the pitcher? or was that against the chisox?

I thik that was the Sox but don't remember really

Sure-Oz
07-04-2010, 02:39 PM
I really hope we drill one of the Angels tonight...santana is a bitch

bugeatme
07-04-2010, 02:45 PM
Twins about to drop a game

alanm
07-04-2010, 03:13 PM

ANYBODY BUT FARNSWORTH

<embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://cache.reverbnation.com/widgets/swf/31/widgetPlayerMicro.swf?emailPlaylist=artist_253072&backgroundcolor=EEEEEE&font_color=000000&posted_by=artist_253072&shuffle=&autoPlay=true" wmode="transparent" allowscriptaccess="never" height="125" width="160">
http://www.reverbnation.com/widgets/trk/31/artist_253072/artist_253072/t.gifhttp://pixel.quantserve.com/pixel/p-05---xoNhTXVc.gif (http://www.quantcast.com/p-05---xoNhTXVc) This story appears in the May 17 issue of ESPN The Magazine. Hell yes, his fellow big leaguers are scared of him.
They're not stupid.
First, there are the physical features of Kyle Farnsworth (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?playerId=4049), who looks like he took a wrong turn at the NFL combine. He's 240 pounds, spread taut over a 6'4" frame, with 6.5% body fat.
Then there's his mien. It's a mean mien. A man's mien. In the clubhouse, his iPod earbuds appear to be surgically implanted, so there's no getting his attention with a polite "how do you do." On his face is a fixed, distant, ignore-it-all stare that players usually reserve for reporters. Farnsworth doesn't relax that countenance for anyone, not even his Royals teammates. There's nary a smile, or any emotion at all. No eye contact either. Not that anyone would want it.
That's because everyone in the clubhouse has seen the videos and heard the stories, and all believe the legend of Kyle Farnsworth. According to The Magazine's MLB Confidential survey (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5161483), the journeyman reliever with the roller-coaster career is the runaway choice as the toughest man in baseball. Surprised? He once mauled a man just for giving him a funny look.
Back in 2005, during a bench-clearing brawl, then-Royals lefty Jeremy Affeldt (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?playerId=5061) caught the eye of Farnsworth, who was with the Tigers. After the game, Affeldt offered his version of what happened next: "He said, 'Do you want to fight?' I said, 'No, I don't want to fight. What are you thinking, dude?'" Witnesses remember Farnsworth's reaction like it was yesterday. "Affeldt looked at him wrong, or looked in his direction," says John Buck (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?playerId=5407), a catcher with the Royals at the time who's since moved to the Blue Jays. "Whatever he did, it made Kyle mad." Farnsworth ran at Affeldt, picked him up and threw him down. "He suplexed him," Buck says, shaking his head.
The 34-year-old Farnsworth is pitching for his fifth team in 12 major league seasons. Although blessed with a right arm that can produce radar-gun readings near 100 mph, his career ERA is 4.48, mainly due to poor location. He was supposed to be a lights-out closer, yet he has only 27 career saves. Considering his stuff, his mostly pedestrian performance for the Cubs, Tigers, Braves, Yankees and now Royals has frustrated fans. The flamethrower has had dominant stretches, but that's just made his inconsistency more perplexing. His ERA is again well above 4.00 as a KC setup man.
Among his peers, though, Farnsworth is revered. And feared. An AL outfielder confesses, "I can run over anybody -- except Farnsworth." Adds an NL pitcher: "Have you seen the size of that guy? And I know he knows some sh--." The sh-- in question would be Farnsworth's expertise in martial arts, though players aren't sure which discipline. All they know, says one NL star in hushed tones, is that "he's a freakin' black belt."
http://a.espncdn.com/i/mag/blog/2010/0503farns2.jpg<cite>Patrick Hoelck for ESPN The Magazine</cite>The tattoo on Farnsworth's left side is a tribute to his father, Lynn, a pilot who flew fighter jets in the Vietnam war.

And therein lies a tale. To his peers, Farnsworth the legend is even bigger and scarier than Farnsworth the pitcher. Thanks to a couple of epic on-field brawls, a penchant for pumping iron and a reserved personality, he's become a bullpen hybrid of Paul Bunyan, Doc Holliday and Keyser Soze. This much is true: Farnsworth will fight you. The Affeldt tackle and his 2003 demolition of Reds pitcher Paul Wilson (keep reading) prove it. And yes, he'll throw at you if he thinks you have it coming. In a 2008 game, when Farnsworth was with the Yankees, a Red Sox hurler plunked Alex Rodriguez (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?playerId=3115). Next night, Farnsworth buzzed a 95 mph heater past Manny Ramirez's ear, drawing a suspension.

Baseball does not harbor goons the way hockey does. And violence is not part of every play, as in football. But in a game in which physical contact is the exception but still greatly admired, Farnsworth has proved himself exceptional. And so his rep has taken on a life of its own. Manning up during bean-brawls is "just being a good teammate," says Buck. "And if you've got a teammate as tough as Farnsy, that'll definitely give you a little more confidence."
Turns out there can be a role, even in pastoral baseball, for an enforcer. "But you know what's the best kind of enforcer?" says Atlanta's legendary Bobby Cox, who managed Farnsworth in 2005. "One who never actually has to enforce." That is, a bad boy with a nasty rep. "It's one thing to wonder if a pitcher is crazy, or more accurately, brave enough to go after you," Cox continues. "It's another thing entirely to know that he will absolutely, positively do it. Everyone knows where Farnsworth stands on that issue."
Standing at his locker, the real Kyle Farnsworth is genuinely honored by being voted MLB's baddest man. He didn't seek this rep, but he's never tried to alter it, either. And so his legend grew. Whenever Farnsworth comes to a new club, it takes time for his teammates to ask him to share fight stories. "They think I'm going to snap on them," he says with a straight face. Farnsworth has a look to him sometimes that's "almost like he's got a wire loose upstairs," says Braves pitcher Tim Hudson (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?playerId=4084). "It'll freak you out."
For his part, Farnsworth says, "I'm real quiet; I just mind my own business and go about my job. People see that, and see me as angry and upset, and it gives me that reputation, I guess. But I'm just in my own little world, doing things my way."
Even when he's brawling. After the 2008 season, he trained in MMA-style "ground-fighting," learning submission holds and techniques similar to jiujitsu. His martial arts experience goes way back. As a skinny 15-year-old in Roswell, Ga., Farnsworth took up tae kwon do to improve his strength and flexibility and quickly worked his way up to black belt. He briefly considered moving to Colorado to pursue an Olympic dream, but he believed he had more long-term potential in baseball and gave up fighting (officially sanctioned fighting, anyway) after he dinged his pitching hand in a bout.
He was drafted by the Cubs in the 47th round out of high school. As he grew into his lanky body in the minors, Farnsworth developed a fearsome fastball and was suddenly a hot prospect. In six seasons with Chicago, he interspersed flashes of brilliance (107 K's in 82 innings of relief in 2001) with control problems, both on and off the mound. Farnsy knew his way around last call, but got his wake-up call after the 2004 season when the Cubs traded him to Detroit. "Probably the best thing that ever happened to me," he says. "It showed me I had to grow up, be a man."
By then, Farnsworth's legend had already been born, based on a few wild off-the-field stories and a few accounts of buzzing the tower to avenge plunked teammates. But what really put Farnsworth on the badass map was the Paul Wilson (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?playerId=3400) brawl during a Cubs-Reds game in 2003. Farnsworth threw tight to the Cincinnati pitcher, who shot a glare and stepped toward the mound. Big mistake. The 6'5", 215-pound Wilson wound up on the wrong end of a de-cleater, suspended in the air before being slammed to earth and receiving a punch in the face, one that added several scarlet accents to his Reds uniform.
http://a.espncdn.com/i/mag/blog/2010/0503farns3.jpg<cite>From L: Duane Burleson/AP Images; Al Behrman/AP Images</cite>Farnsworth solidified his rep when tagged Wilson in 2003 (right); he added to the legend by slamming Affeldt in 2005.

The tackle, like the Affeldt takedown, was as good as anything you'll see from Ray Lewis. But Farnsworth insists he's not a grudge-holder: "It's a fight, but when it's over it's done with." This is all part of the game, part of being on a team. "Hitters need to know that a pitcher will protect them if they get hit," he says. "We're together 180 days out of the year. So we're basically a family. You have to protect your family."
Farnsworth is big on family, actually. He adorns his locker at Kauffman Stadium with pictures of his wife, Shayla; kids Stone, Hunter and Taylor; and bulldogs Strike and Rambo. He talks admiringly of his brother, Chris, just retired from the Army. And the wild man everybody in baseball fears sounds awestruck when discussing his father. Retired Air Force lieutenant colonel Lynn Farnsworth flew F-100s and F-4s in Vietnam, and now, at 68, races planes professionally. Shot down twice in the war, he evaded capture both times. "I've heard him talk about it only twice," says Kyle, who sports an elaborate tattoo of his dad's fighter plane on his abdomen. "He could hear Vietcong walking by him and talking, looking for him after he was shot down."
Makes a few donnybrooks on the diamond seem tame. And the family background gives you an idea of why Farnsworth is so protective of those around him, and why nobody is eager to test that rep. We're certainly not. Farnsworth asked that his mother, Karen, also be mentioned in this story. He says he never would have made the big leagues without all those countless hours she sacrificed shuttling him to games when he was a kid. So there you go, Kyle, just as you requested.
(Hey, we're not stupid either.)
Luke Cyphers is a senior writer for ESPN The Magazine.

BWillie
07-04-2010, 03:29 PM
We are gonna have seven starting pitchers when Gil and Hochevar get off the DL.

1. Greinke
2. Meche
3. Hochevar
4. Bannister
5. Chen
6. Davies
7. Larew

alanm
07-04-2010, 03:36 PM
We are gonna have seven starting pitchers when Gil and Hochevar get off the DL.

1. Greinke
2. Meche
3. Hochevar
4. Bannister
5. Chen
6. Davies
7. Larew
I'd move Meche and Davies to long relief duty for now.

Old Dog
07-04-2010, 03:41 PM
absolutely :clap:

Start Farnsworth and have him drill the very 1st batter right in the ribs. One pitch and then pull him for Lerew. ROFL

Hell it would probably take him two pitches to hit him.

petegz28
07-04-2010, 03:45 PM
Well, on a side note, I guess my cousin just pitched a perfect game and they won their world series. He is either 11 or 12 but that's still an acomplishment. Guess he even struck out the side in the 9th ( or whatever their last inning is, probably the 7th) after going 3-0 on the last batter.

bugeatme
07-04-2010, 03:52 PM
7.5 games back but whos counting

warpaint*
07-04-2010, 04:13 PM
Thanks for posting that article Alan. Cool read.

Mr. Laz
07-04-2010, 05:05 PM
I'd move Meche and Davies to long relief duty for now.definitely bring Meche back in middle relief so we can control his pitch count

DeezNutz
07-04-2010, 05:21 PM
We are gonna have seven starting pitchers if Gil and Hochevar get off the DL.

FYP.

Put a fork in Meche, IMO.

Chief Chief
07-04-2010, 05:57 PM
Greinke, Lerew and Chen...
Then start 'em all over again!

kstater
07-04-2010, 06:10 PM
They said the Royals have the best farm system.

DeezNutz
07-04-2010, 06:12 PM
They said the Royals have the best farm system.

Perfect. Let's start trading some of these players before their flaws are exposed.

It's too bad Crow has been sucking shit.

Reaper16
07-04-2010, 06:16 PM
Perfect. Let's start trading some of these players before their flaws are exposed.

What do you have in mind?

KCUnited
07-04-2010, 06:17 PM
Got to agree with Morgan there, should have run.

kstater
07-04-2010, 06:18 PM
Ok, ESPN's graphics are fucking horrible.

DeezNutz
07-04-2010, 06:19 PM
What do you have in mind?

Moore not treating each of "his" players like his favorite bottle. Let's take the top 3: Hosmer, Moose, Montgomery.

All three are not going to make it. Since we have "one of the brightest GMs in the game," it's up to him to recognize flaws in advance.

Detroit, for example, turned Miller into a monster. We've, meanwhile, enjoyed our #4.

kstater
07-04-2010, 06:22 PM
Sweet, giant strikezone tonight.

petegz28
07-04-2010, 06:23 PM
Sweet, giant strikezone tonight.

Seemed to be rather wide on that last call.

Al Bundy
07-04-2010, 06:23 PM
uhhhmm hopefully the Royals will get that call tonight, too.

Reaper16
07-04-2010, 06:24 PM
Moore not treating each of "his" players like his favorite bottle. Let's take the top 3: Hosmer, Moose, Montgomery.

All three are not going to make it. Since we have "one of the brightest GMs in the game," it's up to him to recognize flaws in advance.

Detroit, for example, turned Miller into a monster. We've, meanwhile, enjoyed our #4.
I don't see how you can say with certainty that all three won't make it. But yes, Dayton should always have his eyes open for oppurtunities to turn a prosect into a legitimate, proven get. He has talked for years about how pitching is the currency of baseball; I don't think he will be deaf to oppurtunity.

DeezNutz
07-04-2010, 06:27 PM
I don't see how you can say with certainty that all three won't make it. But yes, Dayton should always have his eyes open for oppurtunities to turn a prosect into a legitimate, proven get. He has talked for years about how pitching is the currency of baseball; I don't think he will be deaf to oppurtunity.

I do. He has shown a penchant for being tied to "his guys." See: Meche, Gil.

Certainty? Of course not. A long history of numbers? Yes.

Old Dog
07-04-2010, 06:28 PM
2 down, now plunk this SOB in the back

kstater
Fucking missed him

Old Dog
did he try and miss him?

Oso
Job well done, Lerew!

kstater
07-04-2010, 06:29 PM
LMAO

Got him that time

DeezNutz
Well done. LMAO. Well fucking done.

Old Dog
got him that time SWEET

-King-
You knew it was coming. Yay! We have cajones!

tk13
There it is. LMAO

DeezNutz
I loves me some Yost. Sign this motherfucker to an extension.

petegz28
HA HA!!!!

And now we get a warning? WTF was the warning last night, Ump???

Nailed his ass!!! Way to go, Larew!!!

milkman
Everybody happy?

DeezNutz
07-04-2010, 06:30 PM
Everybody happy?

Is there blood?

Fuck, I missed it.

kstater
07-04-2010, 06:30 PM
Everybody happy?

By my count, he's got one more coming.

Old Dog
07-04-2010, 06:31 PM
Everybody happy?

Yep

beer bacon
07-04-2010, 06:32 PM
It was obvious last night the Angels were going after Billy in some weird attack on Guillen.

DeezNutz
07-04-2010, 06:32 PM
Honestly, I'm so happy that we have a manager who isn't willing to be someone's bitch.

KCUnited
07-04-2010, 06:33 PM
I'm happier.

tk13
Now Pineiro needs to be an idiot and go after Guillen.

petegz28
I know we will never know for sure, but do you really think Larew was trying to hit him???

Methinks so after the first two inside pitches. That was a tell to the Ump, or an attempt at a tell that, "Hey, I'm just trying to pitch him inside, man"

petegz28
07-04-2010, 06:34 PM
It was obvious last night the Angels were going after Billy in some weird attack on Guillen.

Well, Jose had done really nothing up to that point so why not put Butler on and face Guillen? It cost them but I understand.

DeezNutz
07-04-2010, 06:34 PM
I know we will never know for sure, but do you really think Larew was trying to hit him???

Methinks so after the first two inside pitches. That was a tell to the Ump, or an attempt at a tell that, "Hey, I'm just trying to pitch him inside, man"

:facepalm:

We're sure, dude. Miss, miss, hit.

kstater
07-04-2010, 06:35 PM
LMAO What?

tk13

He was 100% trying to hit him. He showed very few signs of wildness that entire inning except for those pitches.

petegz28

We're sure, dude. Miss, miss, hit.

You didn't even see it so...NANANANA

-King-
LMFAO When did umps become mic'd up?

kstater
Throw at the guy but make it look like an accident?

petegz28
07-04-2010, 06:36 PM
He was 100% trying to hit him. He showed very few signs of wildness that entire inning except for those pitches.

I said I thought he was trying to hit him.

petegz28
07-04-2010, 06:37 PM
Throw at the guy but make it look like an accident?

Sure, thus the first two inside pitches. It didn't work but he tried to make it look that way.

kstater
07-04-2010, 06:39 PM
That's right, take a big rip at it with 2 RISP 2 outs.

petegz28
07-04-2010, 06:42 PM
That's right, take a big rip at it with 2 RISP 2 outs.

Give him credit, he took the first pitch

-King-
07-04-2010, 06:42 PM
I hate these umps that emphasize strikes this much. Calm the fuck down.

tk13
07-04-2010, 06:43 PM
Glove save and a beauty.

Mr. Laz
07-04-2010, 06:44 PM
The Angel's pitching staff isn't supposed to be this good

petegz28
07-04-2010, 06:49 PM
Wow, I can't believe he called that a ball...

HemiEd
07-04-2010, 06:49 PM
What a pleasant surprise, getting to watch this game.

Mr. Laz
07-04-2010, 06:53 PM
Butler had decided that he was swinging at the 1st pitch before the pitcher even started with the delivery

Old Dog
07-04-2010, 06:54 PM
C'mon Guillen, hit this one into the rockpile

petegz28
07-04-2010, 06:55 PM
strike zone has gone from wide to tall

Old Dog
07-04-2010, 06:56 PM
F***, straded SIX through 3 innings

petegz28
07-04-2010, 06:56 PM
WOW....the Royals are like the Chiefs, as soon as they get into scoring position they fuck it all up

DeezNutz
07-04-2010, 06:58 PM
strike zone has gone from wide to tall

LMAO.

petegz28
07-04-2010, 07:02 PM
nice pitch

milkman
07-04-2010, 07:04 PM
WOW....the Royals are like the Chiefs, as soon as they get into scoring position they **** it all up

I don't ever get to watch this team, like ever, but it's pretty clear they need some power in the middle of that batting order.

Thig Lyfe
07-04-2010, 07:07 PM
Shiiiiiiiit.

Mr. Laz
07-04-2010, 07:09 PM
c'mon ground ball

kstater
07-04-2010, 07:09 PM
Did they really just say the guy that leads the league in called strikeouts a batter with a great eye?

siberian khatru
07-04-2010, 07:10 PM
Had it all the way

Thig Lyfe
07-04-2010, 07:10 PM
DeJesus better tone it down on national TV or else they're gonna trade him.

-King-
07-04-2010, 07:11 PM
Good catch.

Old Dog
shit

Thig Lyfe
Shit a cock.

-King-
Well fuck.

petegz28

siberian khatru
Well, shit.

Hunter, of course.

Mr. Laz
gawd dammit :cuss:

i hate that fucker

Old Dog
National TV and they're gonna shit the bed

milkman
That's game.

Al Bundy
07-04-2010, 07:12 PM
Well taking 2 out of 3 is ok for the Royals.

-King-
WTF Lerew?

Mr. Laz
dam pussies better start hitting something now and not wait until the 8th inning

Thig Lyfe
07-04-2010, 07:32 PM
They're talking about the All-Star game the whole damn time.

petegz28
07-04-2010, 07:40 PM

Yea, I hate ESPN.

milkman
07-04-2010, 07:40 PM

Now we know why the Royals got a Sunday Night game.

petegz28
07-04-2010, 07:43 PM
WOW, that has been a strike all night to the Royals now it's a ball to the Angels.

DeezNutz
07-04-2010, 07:45 PM
WOW, that has been a strike all night to the Royals now it's a ball to the Angels.

You really think the ump gives a fuck? He's purposely trying to fuck the Royals?

petegz28
07-04-2010, 07:49 PM
JFC, enough with the God damn All-Stars already

petegz28
07-04-2010, 07:50 PM
You really think the ump gives a ****? He's purposely trying to **** the Royals?

No. Just being a little inconsistent on the calls.

Mr. Laz
07-04-2010, 07:52 PM
one of the biggest problems for the Royals is lack of sack

seriously ... pressure just kills them

Chiefbowe
07-04-2010, 07:58 PM
Try to pull the dicks out of your asses and hit the fucking ball

tk13
07-04-2010, 07:59 PM
Guillen could've hit home plate on the fly from the fence with that throw.

petegz28
07-04-2010, 08:01 PM
well this has turned into another national tv embarrasment

Chiefbowe
07-04-2010, 08:01 PM
way to play dead on national television

tk13
07-04-2010, 08:02 PM
Well luckily most people are watching fireworks and not this game.

petegz28
07-04-2010, 08:20 PM
This is exactly like the game I watched the Royals play against the Angels in spring training. Hunter with two jacks, down by 9.

milkman
07-04-2010, 08:32 PM
I just want to thank the Royals for their pathetic effort in the one game I get to see all year.

petegz28
07-04-2010, 08:53 PM
I hate seeing us lose like this but at least we took 2 out of 3

Sure-Oz
07-04-2010, 08:58 PM
Just came back in to check the score, looks like we didn't dissapoint espn and the all star hosting angels tonight.

Sure-Oz
07-04-2010, 08:58 PM
Be nice if Hunter was in a Royal uni, that bastard always rapes us

Sure-Oz
07-04-2010, 08:59 PM
Glad we lead the league in batting avg!111

warpaint*
07-04-2010, 09:41 PM

I'd say they pissed themselves.

CaliforniaChief
07-05-2010, 12:33 AM
Alrighty, I'm caught up.

Piss.

I appreciate that Lerew fulfilled my most pressing request, as I think our reputation as a pushover needs a makeover. But dude, it took you 3 throws to hit him? Why not just wave him a little closer to the plate next time? At least he finally pegged him.

Other than that, this was just a game where their firepower and our lack thereof was blatantly obvious. And asking Kyle Davies, Bruce Chen, and Anthony Lerew to sweep the Angels was probably a tall order.

So yeah, I'll take the series win. Coming into So Cal and winning a series against a very competitive team is a positive, coming off a series win against another contender (Chicago). Now let's go up to Seattle and win another series.

And I'll happily abdicate the throne of starting game threads. Quit with a series win.

Hammock Parties
07-05-2010, 12:39 AM
Looks like you guys paid dearly.

CaliforniaChief
07-05-2010, 12:41 AM
Looks like you guys paid dearly.

Hey, we did our part to help the Rangers. Make my summer and win the division.

gblowfish
07-05-2010, 10:57 AM
I'd say they pissed themselves.

Major crap fest. Embarrassing. Pathetic. Typical.

teedubya
07-05-2010, 03:13 PM
Royals Baseblah!!