PDA

View Full Version : Poop Cris Carter, Michael Irvin provide tough love to Dwayne Bowe

Buzzsaw
07-08-2010, 02:16 PM
Cris Carter, Michael Irvin provide tough love to Dwayne Bowe
Posted by Mike Florio on July 8, 2010 3:54 PM ET
Former NFL receiver Cris Carter had some strong words for Vikings wideout Sidney Rice, who opted not to show up for summer workouts with Larry Fitzgerald and others.

Chiefs receiver Dwayne Bowe showed up at the sessions for the first time -- but he might wish he had joined Sidney Rice in anyplace but the presence of Carter and Hall of Famer Michael Irvin.

Per Chip Scoggins of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, Carter and Irvin supplied some "tough love" for Bowe, whom one league source recently described to us as "the single biggest dumbass in the NFL."

"Can you imagine your first day coming back to 14 100s?" Bowe, who had taken 12 days off, said. "Man, it was like college again. I've never done this intensive competing, conditioning and technique in one day. . . .

"You can tell [the potential impact] by the production that Sidney Rice had last year," Bowe added. "I know he had Brett Favre but still. I talked to him a week ago and he told me they competed and it made him [better] and he went to the Pro Bowl. Now I think it's my turn to take over."

It sounds like the Chiefs had a hand in arranging the tongue-wagging from Bowe, and the tongue-lashing from Carter and Irvin.

"[S]ome people in Kansas City as far as their administration kind of knew I was going to be here," Carter said. "We kind of let them know that I would be here for [receiver Dwayne] Bowe."

A first-round pick out of LSU, Bowe had two strong years in 2007 and 2008. His production tailed off in 2009, with 47 receptions for 589 yards. He also created an offseason ruckus with his ill-advised comments to ESPN regarding the practice of "importing" something other than matches. Long matches.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/08/cris-carter-michael-irvin-provide-tough-love-to-dwayne-bowe/

chefsos
07-08-2010, 02:51 PM
LMAO

You know, I wouldn't have a problem with a new auto-edit:

Dwayne "the single biggest dumbass in the NFL" Bowe.

Hog's Gone Fishin
07-08-2010, 03:32 PM
It's like de-ja-vu

ModSocks
07-08-2010, 03:37 PM
I wonder who's Cheerios he pissed in to be labeled the "the single biggest dumbass in the NFL."?

He has a mouth that he doesn't know how to keep shut, but damn, to say he's the biggest single dumbass...?

Chief Roundup
07-08-2010, 03:52 PM
this thread is useless without knowing what the "tough love" was.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-08-2010, 03:54 PM
LMAO

Oh, fuck yes!

Brock
07-08-2010, 04:01 PM
LMAO

Shows a pretty huge lack of perspective.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-08-2010, 05:25 PM

LMAO So...Bowe is your man-crush then?

Brock
07-08-2010, 05:34 PM
LMAO So...Bowe is your man-crush then?

Bowe is a good WR, and the best first round draft pick this team has made since, oh, Tony Gonzalez or so. For some reason it's become kneejerk for people to hate the guy without any real rational reason for it.

HotRoute
07-08-2010, 05:35 PM
isnt larry johnson still in the league??? if so then how can D.Bowe be the dumbest person in the league?

ClevelandBronco
07-08-2010, 05:40 PM
isnt larry johnson still in the league??? if so then how can D.Bowe be the dumbest person in the league?

There's a difference between "biggest fool in the league" and "dumbest person in the league," but think of it this way: You guys can take pride in having had both.

chiefzilla1501
07-08-2010, 05:43 PM
Bowe is a good WR, and the best first round draft pick this team has made since, oh, Tony Gonzalez or so. For some reason it's become kneejerk for people to hate the guy without any real rational reason for it.

It's not kneejerk. I don't hate the guy, but there are plenty of rational reasons for me to.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-08-2010, 05:51 PM

There are reasons to be concerned regardless of coaching mind games and even the numb-nutz throwing the ball.

But, we get two more seasons to find out for sure I guess. He's definitely not a personal favorite of mine for performance reasons alone, but I don't hate him.

Psyko Tek
07-08-2010, 06:04 PM
not hate
just disappointed

and irvin had to call him the biggest dumbass for the importing story

ChiefsCountry
07-08-2010, 06:06 PM

I don't get it either other than Flowers nobody on the roster is as talented or has produced in the NFL like Bowe.

But I like Irvin and Carter working with him. Bowe's ceiling is Michael Irvin, they are very similar players.

Brock
07-08-2010, 06:07 PM
I don't get it either other than Flowers nobody on the roster is as talented or has produced in the NFL like Bowe.

With absolute SHIT at the qb position.

ChiefsCountry
07-08-2010, 06:09 PM
With absolute SHIT at the qb position.

Exactly. Huard, Thigpen, and Cassel is about as bad as you can get.

teedubya
07-08-2010, 06:19 PM
If you rat out your team... the team you are STILL on... about importing bitches from MySpace, you are truly an idiot.

chefsos
07-08-2010, 06:50 PM

Hey, laugh a little, Brock.

I like Bowe. I'd love to see him reach his full potential (which is considerable) and it's pretty evident at this point in his career that he is a dumbass. But he's our dumbass, and that line in the piece made me laugh.

LaChapelle
07-08-2010, 07:46 PM
Vince Young just tweeted
He wants his title back
HOOK'EM HORNS

jspchief
07-08-2010, 08:00 PM
"Now I think it's my turn to take over."

I can't help but get the feeling this guy just doesn't get it. I was huge on Bowe after his first year, but the more I see and hear, the more I think he's not gonna be what I had hoped.

Brock
07-08-2010, 08:01 PM
Hey, laugh a little, Brock.

I like Bowe. I'd love to see him reach his full potential (which is considerable) and it's pretty evident at this point in his career that he is a dumbass. But he's our dumbass, and that line in the piece made me laugh.

Yeah, I apologize for the overreaction.

HemiEd
07-08-2010, 08:08 PM
not hate
just disappointed

and irvin had to call him the biggest dumbass for the importing story

If Irvin called me a dumbass, I would stab myself in the face, jam an aids tree up my ass and drink two gallons of anti freeze.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-08-2010, 08:49 PM
If Irvin called me a dumbass, I would stab myself in the face, jam an aids tree up my ass and drink two gallons of anti freeze.

LMAO You broker a solid argument.

BossChief
07-08-2010, 09:22 PM
Bowes best catch came against Dallas at the end of regulation and after it Haley saying to him "dont let ME break you, dont let ME break you" was so cool....then he gets suspended and consistently makes a fool of himself trying to be like guys like Chad Johnson among others, when he really isn't. Those guys have a better dedication to training, which results in consistency. Once Bowe does that (and hopefully it happens while he is still here in KC) he will become a REAL force.

Hopefully this type of "wake up call" lights a fire under his ass and he plays to his potential in the near future.

We need it.

If he does that, his personality will hopefully be taken the right way. Remember, he is still a kid.

CHENZ A!
07-08-2010, 11:46 PM
Bowes best catch came against Dallas at the end of regulation and after it Haley saying to him "dont let ME break you, dont let ME break you" was so cool....then he gets suspended and consistently makes a fool of himself trying to be like guys like Chad Johnson among others, when he really isn't. Those guys have a better dedication to training, which results in consistency. Once Bowe does that (and hopefully it happens while he is still here in KC) he will become a REAL force.

Hopefully this type of "wake up call" lights a fire under his ass and he plays to his potential in the near future.

We need it.

If he does that, his personality will hopefully be taken the right way. Remember, he is still a kid.

I agree, good post man.
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefzilla1501
07-08-2010, 11:56 PM

But I like Irvin and Carter working with him. Bowe's ceiling is Michael Irvin, they are very similar players.

The difference being that Flowers works his tail off and even played through a shoulder injury.

There's only so much longer you can take the carefree attitude and smiles before you realize that you have a talented guy who clearly hasn't gotten the point yet that he needs to take the game and the team more seriously.

Chris Chambers is an average receiver. And he ran circles around Bowe last year. Which leads me to wonder, is Bowe as good as we think? His hands are inconsistent. He runs inconsistent routes and seems to only get open on screens and go patterns. And it's more than fair to ask if Bowe's success was largely a product of Gonzalez. So far, I've seen a guy who can make a deep circus catch a game, but I have not seen a player who can continually produce for you all game long.

beach tribe
07-09-2010, 05:54 AM

We need it.

Oh Yeah. If Bowe stops dropping the ball, people will fall in love with his "confidence".

CoMoChief
07-09-2010, 06:35 AM
ROFL

Single biggest dumbass in the NFL.

Just like LTGMIPS.....Bowe can be SBDITNFL

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-09-2010, 10:42 AM
Oh Yeah. If Bowe stops dropping the ball, people will fall in love with his "confidence".

Uh, well, that IS THE FUCKING JOB DESCRIPTION!

Yes? No?

Brock
07-09-2010, 12:28 PM
Chris Chambers is an average receiver. And he ran circles around Bowe last year.

lolwut