PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Herolympics CHAMPIONSHIP - Batman v. Wolverine

Hammock Parties
07-08-2010, 03:54 PM
Well, I guess Wolverine wins it all.

I am sad.

http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/2255/batmanvswolverine.jpg

The Franchise
07-08-2010, 03:55 PM
Batman might have the technologies to take Wolverine down.

Gonzo
07-08-2010, 03:55 PM
Well, I guess Wolverine wins it all.

I am sad.

http://astro.ic.ac.uk/%7Emortlock/remnants/2009/3006/wolverine.jpg http://sellingthewaypeopleliketobuy.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/batman1.jpg

You buying votes? :D
Posted via Mobile Device

The Franchise
07-08-2010, 03:59 PM
(1) Everybody needs to eat.

Wolverine's healing ability is basically a souped-up version of a basic biological process and that process needs energy to work. Energy obtained from food. Pretty simple really. He doesn't eat, he doesn't live. Lock him up well enough and he'll just die of starvation.

2) Everybody needs to breathe.
No mystery here. I don't care how fast you can heal, without oxygen you've got about five minutes to live. Drop him off a pier with some cement shoes or kick him out of an airlock into the vacuum of space, either way I'm happy.

3) Everything burns at some temperature.
The source material is against me here since, as I said, he's been shown to regenerate from nearly nothing. But if you burned him up in say a volcano or something only the adamantium would remain and all organic tissue would be destroyed. No tissue, no regeneration. Even if there are a few clumps of flesh left clinging to his charred, smoking bones there's no way for those lumps to obtain any new chemical energy. So they die, he dies and the world is a better place.

I understand the truth of the situation though. He's a wildly popular character. He's been around for decades. He's very appealing to the angst-ridden teenagers (and adults) who read comics as a means of escape from the boredom and vulgarity of life. His new movie will probably make millions and spawn even more sequels. But wouldn't it be great if Marvel decided to kill him off? Think of the legions of pissed-off fans who could then seethe awkwardly over the loss of their hero. I mean, superheroes get resurrected all the time, so why not kill him just once.

Batman could just hook up a huge ass magnet......Wolverine gets stuck to it. Starves to death.

Or just throw the big ass magnet in the ocean. Wolverine can't move.....can't breathe....dies.

bevischief
07-08-2010, 04:01 PM
Wolverine of the comics yes, of the movies no, those were a embarrassment to Wolverine fans.

KurtCobain
07-08-2010, 04:03 PM
Batman.

Rain Man
07-08-2010, 04:06 PM
Batman could just hook up a huge ass magnet......Wolverine gets stuck to it. Starves to death.

Or just throw the big ass magnet in the ocean. Wolverine can't move.....can't breathe....dies.

If this was the Adam West Batman, I guarantee you he'd have some anti-Wolverine spray on his utility belt.

Mama Hip Rockets
07-08-2010, 04:12 PM
What a gay championship. How did John Matrix not win this thing?

vailpass
07-08-2010, 04:13 PM
If this was the Adam West Batman, I guarantee you he'd have some anti-Wolverine spray on his utility belt.

Adam West RULES on Family Guy.

Hammock Parties
07-08-2010, 04:21 PM
What a gay championship. How did John Matrix not win this thing?

John Matrix was defeated by a worthy opponent, Dutch.

Then some idiots decided Jason Bourne would take out Dutch.

Ralphy Boy
07-08-2010, 04:32 PM
Comic book Wolverine wasn't exactly the brightest guy. His temper caused him to make bad decisions whereas Batman typically kept his cool and outsmarted anyone he faced. Given time to prepare, Batman would invent some adamantium body suit and a poison gas bomb to screw up Wolverines healing powers. Then it becomes about skill and fighting ability and Batman probably wins.
If it was just a back alley fight at the spur of a moment, Wolverine would gut him like a fish.

Bane
07-08-2010, 04:34 PM
Adam West RULES on Family Guy.

ROFL

I still gotta go with Logan.

Hammock Parties
07-08-2010, 04:44 PM
By the way, we have a new venue for the championship bout.

http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/2255/batmanvswolverine.jpg

Psyko Tek
07-08-2010, 05:18 PM
THeBAtwins

as soon as he figure out what he's up against ( there's the problem, surviving the learning curve)

he pumps his canuck ass full of downers
and the he in a room at arkham
finding out he's been not only declawed but also neutered

L.A. Chieffan
07-08-2010, 05:20 PM
horrible.

completely anti-climatic to what was otherwise a pretty entertaining saga.

i refuse to vote

The Franchise
07-08-2010, 05:22 PM
Dude....Batman has the smarts and the money to take Wolverine down.

Hammock Parties
07-08-2010, 05:27 PM
horrible.

completely anti-climatic to what was otherwise a pretty entertaining saga.

i refuse to vote

Actually, if Batman beats Wolverine, who had been cutting a bloody path of destruction through the Herolympics, it would be pretty dramatic.

DJ's left nut
07-08-2010, 05:31 PM
John Matrix was defeated by a worthy opponent, Dutch.

Then some idiots decided Jason Bourne would take out Dutch.

Probably the same idiots that decided Bruce Lee would take out Martin Riggs.

Infidel Goat
07-09-2010, 07:44 AM
Don't miss your special opportunity to stick it to GoChiefs.

Wolverine is currently losing. He needs your help!

Sofa King
07-09-2010, 10:42 AM
I wanted to pick Wolverine.. .but facts are, Batman doesn't go raging into this battle without a plan.... Wolverine pretty much ONLY goes into battle without a plan...

Batman takes this one...

Hammock Parties
07-09-2010, 06:00 PM
Awesome, perhaps justice will finally prevail.

Psyko Tek
07-09-2010, 06:18 PM
I missed some rounds seen bats vs and the wolvie 3 way
I thought it was at the final 4
or am I just an idiot

kysirsoze
07-09-2010, 06:20 PM
The magnet point is a big one. That clear of a weakness is way too easy to exploit. Batman by a mile.

Gonzo
07-09-2010, 06:36 PM
Wolverine would mop the floor with Batman.
Posted via Mobile Device

Valiant
07-09-2010, 06:41 PM
The magnet point is a big one. That clear of a weakness is way too easy to exploit. Batman by a mile.

Actually the only person strong enough to use magnetism against Wolverine is Magneto and that was only at the cellular level..

Do not think Batman will get superpowers like that during the fight.. Also I thought the rules were the characters from the movies?? Batman never had a building size magnet, nor a strong enough one to even work..

And if we are allowing that.. Then Wolverine will just have magneto remove his adamantium for the one match.. Wolverine + healing abilty is enough to take out the movie batman..

Mr. Laz
07-09-2010, 07:57 PM
They key is to not try to kill Wolverine at first ... just restrain

Batman is smart and gadgety enough to trap wolverine and then find some way to keep him knocked out or something. Terrain would be important though ...

Batman is a high-flyer and Wolverine is a ground mauler :D

depends on whether it's Movie or Comic book Batman as well

Gonzo
07-09-2010, 08:10 PM
They key is to not try to kill Wolverine at first ... just restrain

Batman is smart and gadgety enough to trap wolverine and then find some way to keep him knocked out or something. Terrain would be important though ...

Batman is a high-flyer and Wolverine is a ground mauler :D

depends on whether it's Movie or Comic book Batman as well

Movie.
And sure, batman is a smart mofo but it's never been said whether or not ether opponent is getting inside info on one another prior to battle. Therefore, batman gets his ass kicked.
Posted via Mobile Device

Jamie
07-09-2010, 08:36 PM
Batman. He's the goddamn Batman.

Halfcan
07-09-2010, 10:03 PM
who wins

Mighty Mouse or Ant man???

RaidersFan
07-09-2010, 11:23 PM
I like wolverine better but batman has a certain appeal.
Just a chicks point of view. I would pick wolverine until he ...well, you know. Then I would be with Batman (Batmanuel....um, yeah, for a night or two). LOL

Rain Man
07-09-2010, 11:29 PM
Just a chicks point of view. I would pick wolverine until he ...well, you know. Then I would be with Batman (Batmanuel....um, yeah, for a night or two). LOL

The Batcave is just a metaphor, you know.

Halfcan
07-09-2010, 11:30 PM

Shut up Rader Noob!

RaidersFan
07-09-2010, 11:31 PM
Maybe, but look at my join date. Some of us just know how to to shut our mouth and learn

07-09-2010, 11:33 PM
Maybe, but look at my join date. Some of us just know how to to shut our mouth and learnDamn, only participated in 3 threads your entire time here?

Halfcan
07-09-2010, 11:34 PM
Maybe, but look at my join date. Some of us just know how to to shut our mouth and learn

Sorry didnt get past that gay rader logo to see your date-but if your other 8 post are typical of this last one-maybe you should wait another year to post.

Ebolapox
07-09-2010, 11:38 PM

are raider fans really born from the asses of other raider fans? does this mean that all raider fan females love buttsechs?

Halfcan
07-09-2010, 11:39 PM
are raider fans really born from the asses of other raider fans? does this mean that all raider fan females love buttsechs?

watch it or he will put on his jamarcus Russell jersey and unleash some fader style internet smack on your ass

Ebolapox
07-09-2010, 11:41 PM
watch it or he will put on his jamarcus Russell jersey and unleash some fader style internet smack on your ass

the dude claims to be a chick.

Param
07-09-2010, 11:42 PM
I am batman

07-09-2010, 11:43 PM
the dude claims to be a chick.Obviously a rush to judgment on Halfcans part.

Ebolapox
07-09-2010, 11:47 PM
Just a chicks point of view. I would pick wolverine until he ...well, you know. Then I would be with Batman (Batmanuel....um, yeah, for a night or two). LOL.

Halfcan
07-10-2010, 12:27 AM
Obviously a rush to judgment on Halfcans part.

I thought all Fader fans were women inside-lol

Son of Logical
07-10-2010, 02:41 AM
I really don't get how people think Batman can kill someone that is unkillable. Poison gas, is just like oxygen to Wolvy, his body would just adapt. A big as magnet? Just like someone else mentioned normal magnets don't work. People seriously don't understand that Wolverine is not just a brawler, he is highly trained, and wants to kill. He is not Batman that wants to fight, just to disable. He couldn't disable Wolverine, and Wolverine could just walk right up to Batman during the daylight when Batman is being Bruce Wayne, and cut his not having gadget having ass to pieces. Remember Wolvy tracks by smell better then most track by sight.

Rausch
07-10-2010, 07:28 AM
Batman built some $3it to allow him (at age 50+) to kick Superman's ass.

So, given time, he built a suit allowing him to fucking p0wnx3 arguably the most powerful super hero ever.

If it's just two guys suited up and walking into a bar then Wolvie wins.

If it's two guys who know they're going to square off and have time to prepare Batman stores his condoms in an adamantium skull on the nightstand from then on...

Hammock Parties
07-10-2010, 07:36 AM
I really don't get how people think Batman can kill someone that is unkillable.

Because Wolverine shouldn't have been in the competition to begin with.

Batman will see that justice is served.

Red Brooklyn
07-10-2010, 08:00 AM
Yeah, maybe next time we throw something like this together, we think about leaving the SUPER-heroes out? Maybe?

Infidel Goat
07-10-2010, 12:17 PM
Continued bump because it's Wolverine's only hope...

Hammock Parties
07-10-2010, 01:26 PM
Uh oh, getting close.

Valiant
07-10-2010, 02:28 PM
Batman built some $3it to allow him (at age 50+) to kick Superman's ass.

So, given time, he built a suit allowing him to ****ing p0wnx3 arguably the most powerful super hero ever.

If it's just two guys suited up and walking into a bar then Wolvie wins.

If it's two guys who know they're going to square off and have time to prepare Batman stores his condoms in an adamantium skull on the nightstand from then on...

If we are going by your idea..

Armored bat suit, Wolverine still wins with adamantium
Gigantic magnet that might work, Wolverine would just remove his adamantium and still win..

Only people to beat Wolverine: are godlike characters, space flight characters, people who can teleport or alike characters that can heal..

And superman has three weaknesses: Magic, kryptonite and humanity..

Fritz88
07-10-2010, 04:33 PM
ghey

1adam1238, ArrowheadHawk, Barret, Buck, Bwana, BWillie007, Carls20yearplan, chefs fan in omaha, Chiefburger, Chiefs=Good, ClevelandBronco, Codered, Crush, Duck Dog, GoChiefs, Goodys, Great Expectations, Guru, Jamie, JD10367, Jenson71, jojomontana, kc rush, KCGridironBeast, KcMizzou, KCtotheSB, KurtCobain, kysirsoze, Laz, Lemon_Pie, Lord Bestyle, Metrolike, Mike Brown, mnchiefsguy, notorious, Param, patteeu, Pestilence, PGM, Priest31kc, Psyko Tek, Pushead2, Rain Man, Red Brooklyn, RedDread, Renegade, RockChalk, salame, SnakeXJones, Sofa King, Stanley Nickels, teedubya, Tribal Warfare, Virtua Chief, WoodDraw

Duck Dog
07-10-2010, 05:03 PM
I really don't get how people think Batman can kill someone that is unkillable. Poison gas, is just like oxygen to Wolvy, his body would just adapt. A big as magnet? Just like someone else mentioned normal magnets don't work. People seriously don't understand that Wolverine is not just a brawler, he is highly trained, and wants to kill. He is not Batman that wants to fight, just to disable. He couldn't disable Wolverine, and Wolverine could just walk right up to Batman during the daylight when Batman is being Bruce Wayne, and cut his not having gadget having ass to pieces. Remember Wolvy tracks by smell better then most track by sight.

Dude, relax, justice is being served. It's not that we don't agree with you.

Gonzo
07-10-2010, 05:12 PM
ghey

1adam1238, ArrowheadHawk, Barret, Buck, Bwana, BWillie007, Carls20yearplan, chefs fan in omaha, Chiefburger, Chiefs=Good, ClevelandBronco, Codered, Crush, Duck Dog, GoChiefs, Goodys, Great Expectations, Guru, Jamie, JD10367, Jenson71, jojomontana, kc rush, KCGridironBeast, KcMizzou, KCtotheSB, KurtCobain, kysirsoze, Laz, Lemon_Pie, Lord Bestyle, Metrolike, Mike Brown, mnchiefsguy, notorious, Param, patteeu, Pestilence, PGM, Priest31kc, Psyko Tek, Pushead2, Rain Man, Red Brooklyn, RedDread, Renegade, RockChalk, salame, SnakeXJones, Sofa King, Stanley Nickels, teedubya, Tribal Warfare, Virtua Chief, WoodDraw
Yeah, I think I'm calling shenanigans.
Posted via Mobile Device

07-10-2010, 05:20 PM
ghey

Coming from someone who doesn't have a clue what is going on here.

ClevelandBronco
07-10-2010, 05:23 PM
ghey

You're one of those guys that blames the refs, eh?

Jamie
07-10-2010, 05:53 PM
Wolverine's real weakness is his connective tissue. You can dismember him at the joints.

Infidel Goat
07-11-2010, 11:03 AM
Poll is only open until 5:53 pm.

Wolverine needs some serious help from those of you who haven't voted.

come on, Wolverines!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BoM6IFiyRjE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BoM6IFiyRjE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Mr. Laz
07-11-2010, 11:52 AM
How long do you think it would take for Batman to build adamantium Baterangs to slice the shit out of dogboy?

only 1 thing keep Batman from winning:

1. a surprise encounter in a enclosed environment so Batman doesn't have time to prepare or room to work.

if Batman has time to prepare and space to work ... dogboy is toast.

kysirsoze
07-11-2010, 02:35 PM
http://www.pollsb.com/photos/o/65340-batman_vs_wolverine.jpg

kysirsoze
07-11-2010, 02:35 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/51/133940902_5cade77fe3.jpg

RNR
07-11-2010, 03:09 PM
Batman LMAO Wolverine guts him in the time it takes to swing an arm~

CrazyPhuD
07-11-2010, 03:20 PM
Bah Lone Starr would have owned both of them harder than Lebron owned the cavs.

07-11-2010, 04:18 PM
Down goes wolverine.

Mr. Laz
07-11-2010, 04:29 PM
Batman LMAO Wolverine guts him in the time it takes to swing an arm~http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa116/WeaponXIX/wolverinebatman.jpg

Mr. Laz
07-11-2010, 04:32 PM
Bruce Wayne isn't blessed with the strength of 50 men or lasers beams that shoot out of his arse. But when has Batman ever needed superpowers to mop the floor with his opponents?

We're talking about the man who has pummeled some of the mightiest beings in the DC Universe. He's beaten up Superman more times than we can count. He once killed a clone of Doomsday with a battle axe. He even bitch-slapped the mighty Darkseid.

There is quite literally no foe Batman can't overcome with proper planning. And Batman has planned for every eventuality. He'll have a contingency plan in place the moment he catches wind that Wolverine has wandered into Gotham. By the time Wolverine even knows where Batman is, he'll have been dropped into a vat of Bat-Lava or something.

http://stars.ign.com/articles/969/969218p2.html

Mr. Laz
07-11-2010, 04:40 PM
<object height="385" width="480">,

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xSJqjxEYiQ8&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="480"></object>

Valiant
07-11-2010, 04:42 PM
Poll is only open until 5:53 pm.

Wolverine needs some serious help from those of you who haven't voted.

come on, Wolverines!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BoM6IFiyRjE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BoM6IFiyRjE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Thought all the other polls got five days??

listopencil
07-11-2010, 05:43 PM
Depends on the situation. I'd go with Batman in most cases though. Assuming we are talking about both of them at their most dangerous.

Hammock Parties
07-11-2010, 05:53 PM
Justice has been served.

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m151/CathurianMoMo/Wolverine_VS_Batman_by_TraditionalD.jpg

Psyko Tek
07-11-2010, 10:47 PM
Bah Lone Starr would have owned both of them harder than Lebron owned the cavs.

does that mean fuck them over and run away?
'cause he's tired of beeing the man

Rain Man
07-11-2010, 11:27 PM
I would like to change my vote to multi-trunked, AK47-firing, chick-scoping elephant alien, please.

notorious
07-11-2010, 11:32 PM
http://cdn1.ioffer.com/img/item/618/846/6/o_xZFn2whGtiokE06.jpg

Wouldn't even be a fair fight.......

-King-
07-11-2010, 11:37 PM
Wolverine.... he has his own powers. Batman is a guy with a belt.

And Batman refuses to kill people... Wolverine doesn't give 2 fucks.

bowener
07-12-2010, 12:17 AM
Can't both win it?

http://superherouniverse.com/superheroes/images/fanart2/lexlop/dark-claw-comics.jpg

Hammock Parties
07-12-2010, 12:39 AM
You know that Batman would take Wolverine's corpse and genetically modify himself afterwards to be even more badass.

The Franchise
07-12-2010, 09:24 AM
If we are going by your idea..

Armored bat suit, Wolverine still wins with adamantium
Gigantic magnet that might work, Wolverine would just remove his adamantium and still win..

Only people to beat Wolverine: are godlike characters, space flight characters, people who can teleport or alike characters that can heal..

And superman has three weaknesses: Magic, kryptonite and humanity..

what is this bullshit about just removing his adamantium? It's fucking fused to his bones. The only person to ever pull it off was Magneto. It's not like Wolverine has a choice of whether he wants it on or not.

Sofa King
07-12-2010, 09:27 AM
what is this bullshit about just removing his adamantium? It's ****ing fused to his bones. The only person to ever pull it off was Magneto. It's not like Wolverine has a choice of whether he wants it on or not.

in all fairness, his whole post was full of fail...

Valiant
07-12-2010, 01:02 PM
what is this bullshit about just removing his adamantium? It's ****ing fused to his bones. The only person to ever pull it off was Magneto. It's not like Wolverine has a choice of whether he wants it on or not.

If your going to throw out Batman making a magic magnet to beat Wolverine then Wolverine can have his adamantium removed just as easily..

The problem is people made up shit reasons for Wolverine to lose..

I was for removing Wolverine(and other superheroes) from the tourney but if you are going to keep him in there at least keep it honest..

ModSocks
07-12-2010, 01:08 PM
Bruce Wayne isn't blessed with the strength of 50 men or lasers beams that shoot out of his arse. But when has Batman ever needed superpowers to mop the floor with his opponents?

We're talking about the man who has pummeled some of the mightiest beings in the DC Universe. He's beaten up Superman more times than we can count. He once killed a clone of Doomsday with a battle axe. He even bitch-slapped the mighty Darkseid.

There is quite literally no foe Batman can't overcome with proper planning. And Batman has planned for every eventuality. He'll have a contingency plan in place the moment he catches wind that Wolverine has wandered into Gotham. By the time Wolverine even knows where Batman is, he'll have been dropped into a vat of Bat-Lava or something.

http://stars.ign.com/articles/969/969218p2.html

Lets not Forget he whooped Spawn's ass too. If he can beat the snot out of a Demon with crazy bad ass powers....he can whoop anyone.

Mr. Laz
07-12-2010, 02:28 PM
If your going to throw out Batman making a magic magnet to beat Wolverine then Wolverine can have his adamantium removed just as easily..

I was for removing Wolverine(and other superheroes) from the tourney but if you are going to keep him in there at least keep it honest..
not even close to the same thing...

Batman making a magnet to defeat a bad guy is SOP ... it's what he does. He's a brilliant rich dude who can make and plan his way around just about anything.

Wolverine can't slip his adamantium on and off like a dam coat.

besides even if he does "call up magneto" and have him remove it then he's dead anyway because Batman would slice that bone claw shit up. Wolverine couldn't even kill Sabertooth until he got his metal suit.

Valiant
07-12-2010, 02:35 PM

Batman making a magnet to defeat a bad guy is SOP ... it's what he does. He's a brilliant rich dude who can make and plan his way around just about anything.

besides even if he does "call up magneto" and have him remove it then he's dead anyway because Batman would slice that bone claw shit up. Wolverine couldn't even kill Sabertooth until he got his metal suit.

Argue this back and forth all day..

And wolverine kicked the shit out Saber a few times without the metal suit.. Same way batman has gotten his ass kicked by weaker enemies..

Honestly I just blame gochiefs for not making the superheroes forfeit earlier..

But no way does Wolverine lose..:cuss:

The Franchise
07-12-2010, 03:01 PM

Dude....coming up with a big ass magnet is not the same thing as Wolverine doing something that is impossible for him to do.

Quit talking out of your ass.

Batman is probably the only hero in this thing that has the smarts and the resources necessary to defeat Wolverine.

kysirsoze
07-12-2010, 03:07 PM

Agree.

In a contest that has rules as loose as this one, the advantage has to go to the guys who adapt best and can out-think their opponents. Wolverine is great at this, but Batman is the best.