PDA

View Full Version : Life Insurance Companies - Home & Auto / State Farm?

pr_capone
07-13-2010, 02:37 PM
I currently use USAA for all my insurance needs. I got a quote from State Farm that would save me $350 per year.

Wondering if anyone here uses State Farm and how pleased they are with the coverage provided by them.

$350 per year enough for you to make the switch? Will insurance companies negotiate?

Any info would be appreciated.

RJ
07-13-2010, 02:46 PM
I've used State Farm for years and have never had a problem with them. I have Home/Auto/Life.

I've dealt with USAA many times over the years as a vendor. They treat their customers like gold. I don't know that I'd switch over $350.

CrazyPhuD
07-13-2010, 02:47 PM
My family has had state farm since forever. I've had nothing but great experiences with them. Granted I've heard USAA customer service is top notch.

vailpass
07-13-2010, 02:47 PM
I've had State Farm for 20 years, they have always been there and paid every claim.
My parents have had USAA for 40 years or more and they swear buy it.

Does that help?

Old Dog
07-13-2010, 02:48 PM
Call USAA and tell them you have a better offer from State Farm. The worst they can do it tell you to take a hike.

OnTheWarpath15
07-13-2010, 02:50 PM
We've had Home/Auto/Life with SF ever since we got married, and never had an issue - we've always been happy with their service.

Donger
07-13-2010, 02:52 PM
Well, I've been with State Farm for twenty years. I've never made a claim, however. But, they are really efficient about taking my f*cking checks every f*cking month, and they don't seem to f*cking mind that I write: "F*CKING THIEVES!!!!" in the memo section of every f*cking check.

El Jefe
07-13-2010, 02:54 PM
I currently use USAA for all my insurance needs. I got a quote from State Farm that would save me $350 per year.

Wondering if anyone here uses State Farm and how pleased they are with the coverage provided by them.

$350 per year enough for you to make the switch? Will insurance companies negotiate?

I have all of my cars (3) insured through State Farm, I have used state farm since the time I started to drive, so about 7 years. I have never had any issues with them. I have heard they are the best to deal with if you get into an accident, I have no first hand knowledge on this though.

mikeyis4dcats.
07-13-2010, 02:55 PM
in my experience you will always find someone to sell you cheaper insurance, but you will also always find that your premiums will go up the next term after they have you signed up.

LaChapelle
07-13-2010, 05:01 PM
The alien from a country south of here
didn't have State Farm or any other insurance for that matter
but I'm sure State Farm would have paid

bevischief
07-13-2010, 05:04 PM
Have had them since I started driving and they have it all, including most of my family members.

petegz28
07-13-2010, 05:10 PM

I've used them for years for home and auto and have 0 complaints. Never had premiums go up. Even after my wife had an accident.

Garcia Bronco
07-13-2010, 05:22 PM
State Farm customer(all of Family) for over 40 years. Never ever had a problem.

Bwana
07-13-2010, 06:02 PM
I have been with them for 20 years and just got off the phone with my agent about an hour ago. The adjuster was crawling around on my roof 2 hours ago. I ended up with a new roof, but we will find out if he "low balled the bid or not." The only issue I have ever had with them is about 15 years ago, I got a car hailed on. They tried to low ball me then and I took it to the State auditor and raised hell. They had my claim paid in 24 hours after that call.

Two weeks ago, some old hide backed into my wifes car, she had Progressive. I had to leave town for the day so my wife had to take it in to see the Progressive adjuster by herself. The tried to screw her over big time. I told her that even if they offered her a check for more than the estimate, to turn it down until I could look at it. The estimate was $1300 and they offered her a check for $750. When I got back to town, I called and lit the guy up, I kept calling him "Flow." I asked him how the **** he came up with $750, when the estimate that was presented to him was almost double that. He was using after market parts in his bid, and underated the labor rate. He started trying to jack me around and I told him, "You have two choices Flow, you either pay to have it fixed with OEM parts, or I will be in contact with the state auditor in the next 5 minutes." My wifes car is in the body shop geting fixed as I type, with OEM parts being installed. She is also driving a very nice rental compliments of Progressive, while repairs are being done.

chiefzilla1501
07-14-2010, 10:24 AM
Dude, I work for an insurance company. And even I can tell you that USAA is the best in the business.

Don't let price make that decision for you. There are a million different scenarios you can get into where you wish you had a better advocate for you. And USAA is as good as they get.

teresa.russell
07-28-2010, 03:15 AM
Have you tried to get a quote from The Hartford yet? I switched to them last year and saved over $400! Apparently they give some of the best rates to AARP folks, so one could take that route too.

Phobia
07-28-2010, 07:05 AM
Heh. How about some spam teresa? Very creative.

CoMoChief
07-28-2010, 07:15 AM
If you save your recpts (which most people don't), and can prove that a loss actually occurred, then SF will take very good care of you.

If not, and you try to BS them, you're not going to like the end result.

Silock
07-28-2010, 07:21 AM
I've used State Farm my entire life and been more than satisfied with everything they've ever done for me.

Never heard anything bad about USAA, though.

I don't think you can really go wrong with either option.

Slainte
07-28-2010, 07:31 AM
I've dealt with USAA many times over the years as a vendor. They treat their customers like gold. I don't know that I'd switch over $350.

I've been a USAA member for over 15 years and I guarantee you I wouldn't switch to another provider for $350. The customer service I get is just unreal.

Hydrae
07-28-2010, 07:41 AM
Dude, I work for an insurance company. And even I can tell you that USAA is the best in the business.

Don't let price make that decision for you. There are a million different scenarios you can get into where you wish you had a better advocate for you. And USAA is as good as they get.

I have had State Farm for about 15 years with no complaints. But from everything I have heard about USAA, I would stick with them. As quoted above, the best in the business.

Demonpenz
07-28-2010, 09:42 AM
I was just putting ketchup on my steak when they tried to lowball me! I made a trip down to ace to pickup a new blade, and a buzzcut from the local barber, then I called that sumbitch back up and chewed ass. Now I am not an asshole, but I chewed this guys ass out for a good hour to get my 50 bucks. I am pretty sure they record their calls, I want a copy, so I can show everyone how to get shit done around here.

The Franchise
07-28-2010, 09:47 AM
Call USAA and tell them you have a better offer from State Farm. The worst they can do it tell you to take a hike.

This.

Groves
07-28-2010, 10:20 AM
We've been with State Farm forever as well. So has our neighbor, but recently switched to Farmer's Insurance and though cliche, saved a bundle. What's the word on the street about Farmer's Insurance?

BWillie
07-28-2010, 12:40 PM
Some things to note if you are worried about your insurance rates.

Most of the time when you switch homeowner's to another insurance company you are going to get a new customer discount for the first year, and then after that your insurance may go up 10-25%. Keep in mind this is why it's probably going to be cheaper for you to switch insurance companies for homeowner's insurance.

As far as auto insurance goes, one thing to keep in mind is how often your insurance company runs your MVR. The insurance company I work for will run your MVR when you are new business and probably won't run it again for another 5-10 years. Most insurance companies only surcharge for tickets, citations, etc for 3-5 years. That gives you a period where you could receive all the citations you want and not get surcharged as long as there isn't a claim in the system for an associated accident. So if haven't been with your insurance company very long, and you received a bunch of speeding tickets, DUI, etc etc,..you may want to think twice before trying out another auto insurance carrier.

BWillie
07-28-2010, 12:41 PM

Pitt Gorilla
07-28-2010, 12:48 PM
I was just putting ketchup on my steak when they tried to lowball me! I made a trip down to ace to pickup a new blade, and a buzzcut from the local barber, then I called that sumbitch back up and chewed ass. Now I am not an asshole, but I chewed this guys ass out for a good hour to get my 50 bucks. I am pretty sure they record their calls, I want a copy, so I can show everyone how to get shit done around here.:D

Well, yeah.

CoMoChief
07-28-2010, 01:44 PM
We've been with State Farm forever as well. So has our neighbor, but recently switched to Farmer's Insurance and though cliche, saved a bundle. What's the word on the street about Farmer's Insurance?

Word is they're all gay and love to suck cock.

CoMoChief
07-28-2010, 01:45 PM
Some things to note if you are worried about your insurance rates.

Most of the time when you switch homeowner's to another insurance company you are going to get a new customer discount for the first year, and then after that your insurance may go up 10-25%. Keep in mind this is why it's probably going to be cheaper for you to switch insurance companies for homeowner's insurance.

As far as auto insurance goes, one thing to keep in mind is how often your insurance company runs your MVR. The insurance company I work for will run your MVR when you are new business and probably won't run it again for another 5-10 years. Most insurance companies only surcharge for tickets, citations, etc for 3-5 years. That gives you a period where you could receive all the citations you want and not get surcharged as long as there isn't a claim in the system for an associated accident. So if haven't been with your insurance company very long, and you received a bunch of speeding tickets, DUI, etc etc,..you may want to think twice before trying out another auto insurance carrier.

This.

I got a buddy who's gotten 3 DWI's and pays the same amt of ins premiums as I do, he just never files claims w/ his company. I only had to once, when my vehicle was stolen and recovered.