PDA

View Full Version : Misc Blast From the Past

The Rick
07-13-2010, 02:54 PM
Wow...just had my first old flame, "blast from the past" moment. Now I have an idea of what others talk about in similar situations...it's crazy.

Back when I was 18, right after I graduated high school, I moved with my parents to Sedalia, MO from another small town in Missouri. I got a job that summer and met a girl there.

Now I'd gone on dates with girls while in high school, but this girl was my first "adult" relationship. Again, I was 18...and she was 23, hot, and had her own apartment! I thought I was quite the stud at the time. We dated/"fooled around" for a few months before things eventually flamed out. I can't even remember why they did, but I know much of it was me looking for someone closer to my own age to hang out with. Looking back, I wish I could go back in time and smack my younger self around for being incredibly stupid. I mean, come on, I was a naive 18 year old and she was a hot, 23 year old with her own place!

I'm 33 now, so this was all about 15 years ago. I occasionally think back to her and the whole "first girlfriend" thing when something reminds me of it, but that's pretty rare. About 10 years ago, I moved here to Wisconsin with my fiance (who's now my wife). My parents still live in Sedalia and despite moving, I still try to keep up with what's going on back in my home town by occasionally checking out the local newspaper's web site.

Today, I go out and check the site and am looking around at some archived stories when BAM...there she is. I literally have not seen her in 15 years like I said, rarely even think much about that time, so it's a weird rush of memories coming back. She still looks alright, but now she's 38, which just seems old to me all of a sudden.

Just a really strange feeling.

Anyone else have stories like this?

ModSocks
07-13-2010, 02:57 PM
http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/2189/coolstorybromd.jpg (http://img822.imageshack.us/i/coolstorybromd.jpg/)

penguinz
07-13-2010, 03:00 PM
http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/2189/coolstorybromd.jpg (http://img822.imageshack.us/i/coolstorybromd.jpg/)ROFL (http://img822.imageshack.us/i/coolstorybromd.jpg/)

Frazod
07-13-2010, 03:00 PM
I guess you don't do Facebook.

Sofa King
07-13-2010, 03:12 PM
Was she still hot? and where are the pictures??? (preferably with big 80's hair, wallet sized hs pic along with new pictures you creeped off of some online myspace, facebook type place)

The Rick
07-13-2010, 03:13 PM

Yeah, I do...but it never really crossed my mind to ever look for her. Plus, it's not like we ever went to school together or anything. We just happened to work at the same place. I worked there for like a month before we started dating. She ended up getting a different job right around the time we stopped dating (not because of me).

I literally was only ever in contact with her for a period of 4-5 months. Met her about a month before we started dating, never saw her again about a month after we stopped...until today.

The Rick
07-13-2010, 03:13 PM
Was she still hot? and where are the pictures??? (preferably with big 80's hair, wallet sized hs pic along with new pictures you creeped off of some online myspace, facebook type place)

She was...and she was a redhead!

sedated
07-13-2010, 03:15 PM
pics or GTFO

mikeyis4dcats.
07-13-2010, 03:18 PM
I kinda know what you mean. When I was 18 I was dating a 25 year old, and was with her for 5 years. Looking back I can't believe we stayed together so long. And it would be wierd to see her these days.

rambleonthruthefog
07-13-2010, 03:19 PM
mined turned out to be the dr. she always wanted to be. i was happy to see her and hear this. then i saw that she was bangin one of the dirtiest dicks around. i didn't talk to her after that.

raybec 4
07-13-2010, 03:20 PM
pics or GTFO

x2

The Rick
07-13-2010, 03:28 PM
pics or GTFO

Here you go. Keep in mind a couple of things:

1. She's 38 now.
2. The reason I saw her is because the article is about a local play she's in, so this is her in a costume.

Fish
07-13-2010, 03:33 PM
Frumpy...

ModSocks
07-13-2010, 03:36 PM

1. She's 38 now.
2. The reason I saw her is because the article is about a local play she's in, so this is her in a costume.

WTF? That's not hot. Well, maybe if you're into Mary Poppins. You gotta find those sexy pics dude, come on now. Don't let CP down.

1adam1238
07-13-2010, 03:36 PM
I met an old G/f from HS on facebook last July. We got married last thursday. We were in the same 6th grade class....over 30 years ago.

Iowanian
07-13-2010, 03:37 PM
Over the 4th, I saw a gal I dated right before and during my first semester of college. She was pretty hot 15 years ago. The years were not kind.

DJ's left nut
07-13-2010, 04:06 PM
When I was 16 I was dating a 19 year old. I broke up with her and she started hanging out with my sister...who was 12 at the time (barely, was 11 a few weeks prior).

Weirdness ensues, she threatens to tell my parents about some tickets I got taken care of without them knowing, shows up at my house randomly, I get her a speeding ticket by screwing with her when she pulled up alongside me to give me the bird (I sped up, knowing the cop was where he was, slowed down before the corner...she didn't). Finally, she evidently got bored and disappeared.

Welcome Facebook - I get a friend request from her about 3 years ago (as does my now wife, the person I broke up with her for). She is friendly enough, seems to have found someone 'right' for her (i.e. the manager of a Hot Topic...shit you not), even has her own business and seems to be doing well at it - but keeps on asking us for wedding pictures (having never actually met my wife but facebook friends her as my ex).

Odd.

The Rick
07-13-2010, 04:10 PM
Frumpy...
No kidding...she's wearing a frumpy play costume.

DeezNutz
When I was 16 I was dating a 19 year old. I broke up with her and she started hanging out with my sister...who was 12 at the time (barely, was 11 a few weeks prior).

Weirdness ensues, she threatens to tell my parents about some tickets I got taken care of without them knowing, shows up at my house randomly, I get her a speeding ticket by screwing with her when she pulled up alongside me to give me the bird (I sped up, knowing the cop was where he was, slowed down before the corner...she didn't). Finally, she evidently got bored and disappeared.

Welcome Facebook - I get a friend request from her about 3 years ago (as does my now wife, the person I broke up with her for). She is friendly enough, seems to have found someone 'right' for her (i.e. the manager of a Hot Topic...shit you not), even has her own business and seems to be doing well at it - but keeps on asking us for wedding pictures (having never actually met my wife but facebook friends her as my ex).

Odd.

What's stranger is that either of you accepted the friend invite. Dude...we're talking boiling bunnies here.

CoMoChief

If you're married, facebook doesn't do anything but get Men in trouble.

DJ's left nut
07-13-2010, 04:15 PM
What's stranger is that either of you accepted the friend invite. Dude...we're talking boiling bunnies here.

Fair point.

But she has 3 kids now, seems to have mellowed out a lot (except the tatoos). Seems pretty happy and has facebook friends out the wazoo (standard shotgun facebooker, sends invites to everyone she's ever met).

Just a strange cat, but a harmless one. Ultimately, I guess I'm happy for her.

ModSocks
07-13-2010, 04:17 PM
If you're married, facebook doesn't do anything but get Men in trouble.

Esto.

Rooster
07-13-2010, 04:18 PM

1. She's 38 now.

You didn't mention she played piano..

Chieficus
07-13-2010, 04:32 PM
My parents still live in Sedalia and despite moving, I still try to keep up with what's going on back in my home town by occasionally checking out the local newspaper's web site.

Having spent most of my life here in Sedalia...there's nothing in The Democrat that's really all that exciting... :)

To the topic:

About a month after me and my gf at the time broke it off, I ran into an older gf I hadn't seen in a while, out on the Katy Trail. She was there walking w/ a friend...who was also a friend of the more recent ex, and a friend of mine. Turns out she had a string of bad relationships after she left me, and I think our mutual friend told her I was available, 'cause later that night I got an email asking if I wanted to hook up sometime... up until then I had given her basically no additional thought. Told her no in the e-mail. And then up until this thread have basically given her no additional thought...

...it was weird, though.

The Rick
07-13-2010, 04:36 PM
You didn't mention she played piano..

ROFL