PDA

View Full Version : News OK... Who did it ?

Hog's Gone Fishin
07-14-2010, 06:09 AM
Crime & Courts
Flock of 18 Canada Geese Found Beaten, Shot to Death in New Jersey

Published July 14, 2010
| Associated Press

MOUNT LAUREL, N.J. -- Authorities say 18 Canada geese were found beaten and shot in the head near a retention pond in western New Jersey.

Moorestown resident Chris Cramer says it appeared many of the geese were chased from the retention pond into an adjoining parking lot, where they were slaughtered.

Cramer took three injured birds to a wildlife refuge over the weekend.

Mount Laurel Mayor Jim Keenan says the attack was "disgusting" and "a horrendous act against the animals."

Police Chief Dennis Cribben Jr. says anyone charged with killing the geese faces a third-degree cruelty to animals charge. A conviction includes fines up to $15,000 and five years imprisonment.

___

Yet , if you buy a hunting liscense for $35 you can kill all you want.

ChiTown
07-14-2010, 06:14 AM
Crime & Courts
Flock of 18 Canada Geese Found Beaten, Shot to Death in New Jersey

Published July 14, 2010
| Associated Press

MOUNT LAUREL, N.J. -- Authorities say 18 Canada geese were found beaten and shot in the head near a retention pond in western New Jersey.

Moorestown resident Chris Cramer says it appeared many of the geese were chased from the retention pond into an adjoining parking lot, where they were slaughtered.

Cramer took three injured birds to a wildlife refuge over the weekend.

Mount Laurel Mayor Jim Keenan says the attack was "disgusting" and "a horrendous act against the animals."

Police Chief Dennis Cribben Jr. says anyone charged with killing the geese faces a third-degree cruelty to animals charge. A conviction includes fines up to $15,000 and five years imprisonment.

___

Yet , if you buy a hunting liscense for $35 you can kill all you want.

They are a fucking nuisance. Killing them (in whatever manner) is the right thing to do. They crap all over the neighborhood we live in, especially by the pond. I hate those nasty birds.

blaise
07-14-2010, 06:17 AM
A murder of crows was also reported in the area.

jspchief
07-14-2010, 06:20 AM
A murder of crows was also reported in the area.i see what you did there

blaise
A flock of seagulls also were attacked, but they ran, they ran so far away. They ran for night and day, they couldn't get away.

Perhaps they should have flown instead.

Hammock Parties
FIRE UP THE GRILL

ChiTown
07-14-2010, 06:21 AM
A flock of seagulls also were attacked, but they ran, they ran so far away. They ran for night and day, they couldn't get away.

:clap:

Pants
07-14-2010, 07:47 AM
I fucking hate when those things park their asses in the middle of the road by where I live. Sometimes I just want to run them the fuck over. Why the hell are they even protected? They're fucking worthless.

Donger
07-14-2010, 08:35 AM
Shot them in the head? Wow, that's a good shot. Don't they have really little heads?

Otter
07-14-2010, 08:36 AM
I was under the impression Geese could fly.:shrug:

kepp
07-14-2010, 09:19 AM

And some doves were found crying nearby.

gblowfish
07-14-2010, 09:20 AM
They must have welched on their All Star Game Bet with the Jersey Mob.

ModSocks
07-14-2010, 09:27 AM
Man I wish there was a YouTube video of this. I'm imagining some red neck cracker getting all "Jules Winnfield" on these geese.

Otter
07-14-2010, 09:31 AM
Man I wish there was a YouTube video of this. I'm imagining some red neck cracker getting all "Jules Winnfield" on these geese.

Or some wet back Mexican pretending they're pinatas!

Sofa King
07-14-2010, 09:32 AM
Their goose is cooked.

CoMoChief
07-14-2010, 10:06 AM
They are a ****ing nuisance. Killing them (in whatever manner) is the right thing to do. They crap all over the neighborhood we live in, especially by the pond. I hate those nasty birds.

I used to work at Lake Jacomo and we would have Bird bombs that we would use to scare the geese out of the cove, all they do is shit all over the boats and dock. I hated cleaning their shit. We used to chase them in the staff boat, they would dive under water and a couple times I've cut a few of their heads off with the prop.