PDA

View Full Version : Football T.O. why not give him a chance?

tymania
07-14-2010, 07:18 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5377014
NEW YORK -- Terrell Owens would like to point out that he's never been disciplined by the NFL for off-field conduct, unlike some of the league's "golden boys."

No team has yet to sign him as a free agent, and the polarizing receiver worries teams are swayed by the perception he's a troublemaker. It's a perception he believes he disproved with his agreeable behavior in Buffalo during a disappointing season last year.

"There were a number of times where prior I probably would have reacted, said something I wasn't supposed to say," Owens told The Associated Press on Tuesday. "I really had some restraint, very patient."

Owens Some of the golden boys that they kind of highlight throughout the course of the season, those are the guys that are getting in trouble. Somehow I get lumped into those topics, which blows my mind.
” -- Terrell Owens

Did any owners notice?

"It's almost like I didn't play last year," he lamented.

Training camps open for veterans in about two weeks, but Owens sounded as though he may even prefer waiting to sign until after the start of the preseason. The 36-year-old promises he'll make sure to be in excellent shape. And like many players he believes camp is too long, anyway.

"Anything can happen from now to the beginning of the season," he said. "Injuries, anything, to where I may be brought in to help a team win."

As long as he signs early enough "to get some rhythm, some chemistry, learn the offense, and develop that camaraderie with the guys."

Owens is clearly sensitive to the coverage he receives in the media. He disputed talk that he's making exorbitant salary demands.

"They're always focused on what has happened earlier in my career," he complained.

"It's not like I can't play," Owens added. "There is some type of influence that they're making in the minds of teams and owners and GMs."

What happened earlier in his career -- in San Francisco, Philadelphia and Dallas -- was that he too often said what he wasn't supposed to. NFL executives are wary of players who might find trouble off the field as commissioner Roger Goodell has cracked down on misbehavior.

"If that's the case," Owens said, "then I definitely should be on somebody's team."

Sign T.O., improve your team's image? In an offseason when Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was suspended for six games for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy, maybe that doesn't sound so far-fetched.

"Some of the golden boys that they kind of highlight throughout the course of the season, those are the guys that are getting in trouble," Owens said. "Somehow I get lumped into those topics, which blows my mind.

"I've never been in any trouble. I know right from wrong. I try to make the right choices and judgments when I'm out in the public."

What may be scaring off teams more is his production during his one season in Buffalo: 55 catches for 829 yards and five touchdowns. Not helping matters is the uncertainty surrounding the collective bargaining agreement.

"Now they feel like I'm slowing down or I can't play," Owens said. "But those numbers can be deceiving."

He would also like to point out that the Bills' coaching staff upheaval and offensive line injuries weren't exactly conducive to offensive domination.

Owens plans to play two or three more seasons, after which his career aspirations include acting and interior design. He was in New York this week promoting his reality show on VH1, which had its second season premiere Sunday.

In the meantime, Owens wants to play for a team that was on the cusp of making or advancing in the playoffs last season. He specifically mentioned Cincinnati, though the Bengals signed Antonio Bryant after meeting with Owens in March, presumably ending their pursuit of other top receivers.

Owens expressed confidence he will be playing somewhere in the NFL when the season begins.

"I feel like I have enough talent to be a starter on any team," he said. "That's what's so frustrating."

I say he couldnt hurt our team... why not bring him in.. if he screws up give him the boot

Mr. Arrowhead
07-14-2010, 07:31 AM
uhhh no thanks, ill pass

boogblaster
07-14-2010, 07:53 AM
prolly as good as "the Chamb" ...

Over-Head
07-14-2010, 07:56 AM
Don't personally like the guy's attitude, but man in a clutch TO is a fantastic WR.
Just can't take a mans talent away from him because he's a dumbass

Old Dog
07-14-2010, 08:25 AM
Just can't take a mans talent away from him because he's a dumbass
Nope, but you CAN keep a dumbass away from a young team

BigRichard
07-14-2010, 08:31 AM
That dude is a fucking cancer. He needs to just go away.

Otter
07-14-2010, 08:32 AM
No thanks.

Slainte
07-14-2010, 08:35 AM
Not at all.

Deberg_1990
07-14-2010, 08:43 AM
He can play for my team any day of the week.

Red Brooklyn
07-14-2010, 08:49 AM
Feels sort of "too little, too late" at this point. Young team. Organization focusing on "captains" and "leaders." He can still play, but I don't know that he's good enough to overcome the potential liability to a young team.

Frazod
07-14-2010, 08:54 AM
Douchebag, headcase, lockerroom cancer and way way way past his prime. Fuck him. I wouldn't even want him to pass by the stadium on a bus.

Brock
07-14-2010, 08:56 AM
What could go wrong?

DaFace
07-14-2010, 08:57 AM
Ahh...the good ol' annual "bring TO in for a look" thread. I wonder how many years it will be until we go without one.

Sofa King
07-14-2010, 08:58 AM
Ahh...the good ol' annual "bring TO in for a look" thread. I wonder how many years it will be until we go without one.

Depends on when we sign him. Then they'll be resign TO threads.

BigRock
07-14-2010, 09:08 AM
Todd Haley hates T.O. T.O. hates Todd Haley. Isn't this common knowledge?

tymania
07-14-2010, 09:14 AM

i did not know that.. but on another note you know if Todd Haley doesnt do something great with our team this year that cowher is coming in as HC next year right?:)

gblowfish
07-14-2010, 09:15 AM
Douchebag, headcase, lockerroom cancer and way way way past his prime. **** him. I wouldn't even want him to pass by the stadium on a bus.

This.

He'd just make Bowe more of a hot dog.

Frazod
07-14-2010, 09:17 AM

Haley hates everybody. He's like the kid from the Life cereal commercial. :D

jspchief
07-14-2010, 09:18 AM
How many NFL teams decided his talent wasn't worth it when he was in his prime?

He's declined significantly in the last few years. If we wasn't worth the trouble when he was great, why would he be worth it when he's only OK.

ModSocks
07-14-2010, 09:22 AM
Haley hates everybody. He's like the kid from the Life cereal commercial. :D

I think it was more of a matter of T.O hating Haley rather than Haley hating T.O.

Farzin
07-14-2010, 10:03 AM
Might as well bring back LJ...

morphius
07-14-2010, 10:11 AM
Sadly TO missed out on the fact that most teams have come to the realization that building a team and chemistry seems to work better than a group of selfish locker room cancers. It is a shame, because the guy works hard, stays in shape, plays hard, hasn't caused many issues in public, and yet can't seem but to help himself from burning every bridge he passes.

LaChapelle
07-14-2010, 11:02 AM
Fairview Hartville Graff
Bado Owens Dunn Solo Cabool
Missouri Rand McNally O -12&13

444 Missouri towns down
56 more for 500 offseason goal
it will be over soon

Pasta Little Brioni
07-14-2010, 11:08 AM
In the meantime, Owens wants to play for a team that was on the cusp of making or advancing in the playoffs last season.

MoreLemonPledge
07-14-2010, 11:11 AM
He said he wouldn't play for Haley in an interview on 96.5 the Buzz apparently.

Free agent Terrell Owens conceded Tuesday that he doesn't "get along" with Chiefs coach Todd Haley.
Back in 2006, when Haley was the wide receivers coach in Dallas, the two butted heads on several occasions. Haley had grown tired of T.O.'s antics, and Owens in turn felt disrespected by his position coach. The Chiefs don't have a need for another veteran receiver, so it's not a good fit for T.O. regardless.

Sure-Oz
07-14-2010, 11:16 AM
But TO is nice, it shows he is on the TO SHOW

KCrockaholic
07-14-2010, 11:19 AM
:spock: T.O. basically said on 96.5 the Buzz the other day that he will not play for the Chiefs because of Todd Haley. We don't want him, and his shitty hands, and he doesn't want us.

Deberg_1990
07-14-2010, 11:22 AM
Douchebag, headcase, lockerroom cancer and way way way past his prime. **** him. I wouldn't even want him to pass by the stadium on a bus.

Past his prime and still put up better numbers than any other KC WR last year.

He may be a D-bag, but T.O. can still play.

tymania
07-14-2010, 11:22 AM
:spock: T.O. basically said on 96.5 the Buzz the other day that he will not play for the Chiefs because of Todd Haley. We don't want him, and his shitty hands, and he doesn't want us.

interesting i did not hear about that nor did i realize that Haley was his position coach in Dallas.. and you are right we dont need two WR's with butter fingers.. one is enough

Hydrae
07-14-2010, 11:30 AM
Fairview Hartville Graff

444 Missouri towns down
it will be over soon

I think this site is being used to commincate to undercover operatives of some kind. These are obviously disguised messages of when to meet or begin an operation. Especially with the advent of Rand McNally in the latest postings I have seen.

;)

Dylan
07-14-2010, 11:34 AM
If they still double team him -- he's worth the risk - j/m/o

HypnotizedMonkey
07-14-2010, 11:38 AM
With he and Haley's history, and the fact that he wants to play for a winner (beggers can't be choosers though), I don't see it happening. His unsure hands + Cassel's unsure throws could make for some more dreadful football. but..

Talent-wise I think he would make this team a LOT better.. stretching the field causing the running game to be more explosive, also schooling D-Bowe on how to work out like a pro... the pair could probably talk opposing defenses to death. This team has been sick for a while.. I don't think this form of "cancer" would make us much worse.
I'm 51% yes, 49% no on TO.

Rain Man
07-14-2010, 12:02 PM
Sounds like that bad season in Buffalo hurt his cause. Maybe he should consider blaming the quarterback and the other players.

BossChief
07-14-2010, 12:07 PM
damn n00bs

Mr. Laz
07-14-2010, 12:17 PM
you don't put Randy Moss or Terrell Owen type players on a team that is going to lose much.

You don't put them on a team with a losing culture

you don't put them on a team without strong player leadership

shall i go on?

a team like the Chiefs is the last place you want T.O.

milkman
07-14-2010, 12:20 PM
you don't put Randy Moss or Terrell Owen type players on a team that is going to lose much.

You don't put them on a team with a losing culture

you don't put them on a team without strong player leadership

You don't tug on Superman's cape.
You don't spit into the wind.
You don't pull the mask off the Ol' Lone Ranger.
And you don't mess around with Jim.

Do do do do.

Sofa King
07-14-2010, 12:47 PM
T.O. Not Going to Chiefs, Still Sour on Haley
By Chuck Carroll
Football News Now Staff Writer
July 14, 2010

Terrell Owens will not be headed to the Chiefs any time soon.
As Terrell Owens continues to look for a home in the NFL this season, you can rest assured he won’t be looking long at the Kansas City Chiefs.

In an interview with 96.5 The Buzz in KC on Monday, Owens conceded that he did not get along with head coach Todd Haley.

The pair butted heads on numerous occasions when they were both with the Dallas Cowboys in 2006. Haley was the team’s wide receivers coach at the time.

The coach reportedly grew tired of Owen’s antics, while T.O. felt disrespected by coach.

As Rotoworld accurately points out, it’s somewhat of a moot point as the Chiefs don’t really need a veteran target for Matt Cassel at the moment anyway.

http://www.footballnewsnow.com/2010/t-o-not-going-to-chiefs-still-sour-on-haley/

tymania
07-14-2010, 02:36 PM
damn n00bs

arent you all high and mighty

sandynme
07-14-2010, 02:54 PM
couldnt have said it better,thats why it wont happen...even tho it probably is a worthwhile gamble

GoHuge
07-14-2010, 06:39 PM
Hey he'd fit right in with all of our other recievers that can't catch the ball.

big nasty kcnut
07-14-2010, 07:33 PM
no hell no. I believe you get your ass kicked for saying something like that.

BossChief
07-14-2010, 07:41 PM
arent you all high and mighty

child, please.

If your n00b ass wanted to post something about TO, just go ahead and post in one of the other 50 or so of these dumb fucking threads started by dumb fucking posters FFS.

I bet you didn't do any homework in school either.

JFC (<---that one was for Dane)

Thanks for playing though, its been fun.

KcMizzou
07-14-2010, 07:52 PM
T.O. Not Going to Chiefs, Still Sour on Haley
By Chuck Carroll
Football News Now Staff Writer
July 14, 2010

Terrell Owens will not be headed to the Chiefs any time soon.
As Terrell Owens continues to look for a home in the NFL this season, you can rest assured he won’t be looking long at the Kansas City Chiefs.

In an interview with 96.5 The Buzz in KC on Monday, Owens conceded that he did not get along with head coach Todd Haley.

The pair butted heads on numerous occasions when they were both with the Dallas Cowboys in 2006. Haley was the team’s wide receivers coach at the time.

The coach reportedly grew tired of Owen’s antics, while T.O. felt disrespected by coach.

As Rotoworld accurately points out, it’s somewhat of a moot point as the Chiefs don’t really need a veteran target for Matt Cassel at the moment anyway.

http://www.footballnewsnow.com/2010/t-o-not-going-to-chiefs-still-sour-on-haley/LMAO

Halfcan
07-14-2010, 09:33 PM
I think N E will sign him. Moss and T O on the same team-they will look super duper smart too when they get him for the NFL minimum.

Over-Head
07-14-2010, 10:56 PM
Oakland for 1 year to help teach our young corps something, I mean besides bitching, pissing, and moaning.:rolleyes:
Hey I may be borderline on liking the guy as a person, but you can not take away his catching skills.

Over-Head
07-14-2010, 10:57 PM
I think N E will sign him. Moss and T O on the same team-they will look super duper smart too when they get him for the NFL minimum.
Thats a very dangerous backfield right there. If that ball goes long on either side it`s GETTING caught :eek:

KCrockaholic
07-14-2010, 11:10 PM
Oakland for 1 year to help teach our young corps something, I mean besides bitching, pissing, and moaning.:rolleyes:
Hey I may be borderline on liking the guy as a person, but you can not take away his catching skills.

Yes, those wonderful catching skills that helped him drop a league high 10 passes, and catch an amazing 52% of the passes thrown his way.

warpaint*
07-14-2010, 11:20 PM
I'll pass on over the hill TO.

Sure-Oz
07-14-2010, 11:21 PM
TO is such a baby...did you see the chick he cheated on that was going to marry him, fucking dumbass

07-14-2010, 11:27 PM
Douchebag, headcase, lockerroom cancer and way way way past his prime. **** him. I wouldn't even want him to pass by the stadium on a bus.What if it was a prison bus?

CrazyPhuD
07-14-2010, 11:41 PM
I wonder if it's too late for him to join the heat. He could play for the MLE!

KCrockaholic
07-15-2010, 12:24 AM
Well his first love was basketball. The NBA could probably use him more than the NFL could.

tymania
07-15-2010, 09:15 AM
child, please.

If your n00b ass wanted to post something about TO, just go ahead and post in one of the other 50 or so of these dumb ****ing threads started by dumb ****ing posters FFS.

I bet you didn't do any homework in school either.

JFC (<---that one was for Dane)

Thanks for playing though, its been fun.

to set the record straight i tried to find a TO thread to put this.. but couldnt find one.. and i dont have the search option on my username

Consistent1
07-15-2010, 09:27 AM
to set the record straight i tried to find a TO thread to put this.. but couldnt find one.. and i dont have the search option on my username

Hey dude, I wouldn't worry about it. These guys are posting tons of silly poll threads and shit also. There isn't anything wrong with that either, but fair is fair.I don't like "finding" new discussions in old threads. He was a bit of a dick about it. As far as Owens, I was way for it at one point. Now, I don't know. He cannot possibly make guys like Bowe act more like idiots. If one guy can keep your team from making progress, then he is not the problem anyway. This isn't high school ball with some hot-dog's parents bitching. I do still sort of feel like it would be interesting to bring him in IF he would come. They could really make some interesting packages if McCluster has the skills that he apparently does. That is on top of good running backs. Lots of people say that TO is a "one year guy", but what if in that one year KC could move to 9 wins? I don't know if that is possible, but it's not insane to ponder. The drawbacks might be there, but he could help. Even some media attention would be kinda cool. It's not going to happen though. I wouldn't be pissed if he did end up on the team.

tymania
07-15-2010, 09:30 AM
Hey dude, I wouldn't worry about it. These guys are posting tons of silly poll threads and shit also. There isn't anything wrong with that either, but fair is fair.I don't like "finding" new discussions in old threads. He was a bit of a dick about it. As far as Owens, I was way for it at one point. Now, I don't know. He cannot possibly make guys like Bowe act more like idiots. If one guy can keep your team from making progress, then he is not the problem anyway. This isn't high school ball with some hot-dog's parents bitching. I do still sort of feel like it would be interesting to bring him in IF he would come. They could really make some interesting packages if McCluster has the skills that he apparently does. That is on top of good running backs. Lots of people say that TO is a "one year guy", but what if in that one year KC could move to 9 wins? I don't know if that is possible, but it's not insane to ponder. The drawbacks might be there, but he could help. Even some media attention would be kinda cool. It's not going to happen though. I wouldn't be pissed if he did end up on the team.

thanks man... but yea i think the idea of having him on the team would be cool.. and would help improve our passing game having him. but i dont really see it happening.. maybe he is a cancer but i think he is over that stage in his career and just wants to play ball some where with a chance of winning.. and that is not in KC

jidar
07-15-2010, 09:42 AM
We're trying to convince everyone that our QB doesn't suck when in fact he does. T.O. is the worst thing to have around in those circumstances.

Rausch
07-15-2010, 10:03 AM
We're trying to convince everyone that our QB doesn't suck when in fact he does. T.O. is the worst thing to have around in those circumstances.

This.

Plus our HC loves to scream at WR's...

Consistent1
07-15-2010, 10:03 AM

This is a very good point. You have Cassel who had pretty good luck with great talent around him. It would seem that maybe TO is not quite the guy to provide help with that. He does train like mad, and try to make himself look good. It is possible that he could really help a team. It is prolly just not here that he could do so at this point.

Dayze
07-15-2010, 10:17 AM
if he's unhappy with Garcia, McNabb, Romo as his QB....what's he going to do with our Turd QB?

No, to T.O.

Amnorix
07-15-2010, 10:20 AM
Locker room cancer. Would be a huge mistkae to bring him into a young team. He's the antithesis of the BB/SP role model.

Rausch
07-15-2010, 10:22 AM
Locker room cancer. Would be a huge mistkae to bring him into a young team. He's the antithesis of the BB/SP role model.

UNTIL you have your winner built.

They managed with Mandy Ross because they were already a winner and the HC had made his name as a winner.

BB could quite simply say "You've pissed away your career at this point Moss, if you want a SB you'll shut teh fuggs up and do as you're told..."

ClevelandBronco
07-15-2010, 10:30 AM
Nope, but you CAN keep a dumbass away from a young team

That.

Two things I'd bet against: T.O. playing for the Chiefs and T.O playing for the Broncos.

ClevelandBronco
07-15-2010, 10:33 AM
Fairview Hartville Graff

444 Missouri towns down
it will be over soon

Can anyone tell me what the fuck this guy is doing?

Consistent1
07-15-2010, 10:43 AM
Can anyone tell me what the **** this guy is doing?

He is at the liquor store right now, looking to replace the water in his bong with premium vodka.

Quesadilla Joe
07-15-2010, 11:00 AM
Then there's Kansas City, where former Cowboys receivers coach Todd Haley patrols the sidelines. The duo had a dust-up in 2006, with T.O. teeing off on Haley in the aftermath of the brouhaha.

"There will be no more friendly nothing because I don't trust anybody like that," Owens said. "I will go out and practice hard. I will respect him as a coach, and he should respect me as a player. Anything outside of that I am not going to be able to deal with. Right now, we are merely coworkers, and that's it."

They won't be coworkers again. In an interview with 96.5 The Buzz in Kansas City (via NFL.com), Owens said he won't be playing for the Chiefs. "Me and Todd Haley, we don't get along," Owens said.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/15/cross-the-chiefs-off-tos-list/

Brock
07-15-2010, 11:03 AM
Me and [every quarterback I ever played with], we don't get along

LaChapelle
07-15-2010, 11:16 AM
Can anyone tell me what the **** this guy is doing?

The tax payers in the state of Missouri help support at least 4 pro teams. Little burgs no bigger than Lingo, Leann, Pocahontas and Sandy Hook and all places in between. This is my tribute to them; my this bud if for you, if you will.

Besides if some one googles Monkey Run and gets led to a Chiefs site. We all win, don't we. :wink:

ClevelandBronco
07-15-2010, 11:24 AM
The tax payers in the state of Missouri help support at least 4 pro teams. Little burgs no bigger than Lingo, Leann, Pocahontas and Sandy Hook and all places in between. This is my tribute to them; my this bud if for you, if you will.

Besides if some one googles Monkey Run and gets led to a Chiefs site. We all win, don't we. :wink:

A croo-sade for the little man, eh? Are you actually visiting these places or just giving them a tip of the hat here?

Deberg_1990
07-15-2010, 11:38 AM
Id bet quit a bit of casino cash he ends up in new england

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-15-2010, 11:59 AM
"Herpes: Why Not Give It A Chance"?

LaChapelle
07-15-2010, 12:07 PM
A croo-sade for the little man, eh? Are you actually visiting these places or just giving them a tip of the hat here?

Not really, the offseason is the same arguments hashed and rehashed
you know what people are going to say by looking at their avatars -
WIth close to 1800 cities, towns and villages, I don't think so

alpha_omega
07-15-2010, 02:23 PM
Repost?