PDA

View Full Version : Misc Critter Removal

Dinny Bossa Nova
07-15-2010, 07:16 PM
Got some critters that have eaten some of the stuff I planted in the garden this year. They kind of look like groundhogs, but I'm not sure.

I don't want to kill them, would prefer to convince them to move elsewhere.

If I can't convince them to move, I am willing to do what it takes.

I hate those bastards.

Dinny

Bugeater
07-15-2010, 07:17 PM
I've never understood people's hangup with killing useless animals.

WV
07-15-2010, 07:17 PM
If you don't want to kill them I suggest live traps....then relocate them.

bevischief
07-15-2010, 07:18 PM
Get a dog...
Around the garden Fox urine they sell it most local hardware stores, not Home depot or Lowes.

Hog's Gone Fishin
07-15-2010, 08:18 PM
Plow up your garden and see if they leave .

mlyonsd
07-15-2010, 08:21 PM
I have farm ground for miles in every direction and have alway lived by the rule what happens there is nature's business. But the first time nature moves onto my ground that's another story. I killed a rabbit on a dead run at 50 yards with a .410 the other day.

That being said buy a live trap. They're sold at your local farm store.

LaChapelle
07-15-2010, 08:28 PM
A boxturtle will take a bite from a low hanging tomato
A squirrel will take a bite from a ripe cantalope
see if they'll eat zuccini - it they will I'll take 'em

WV
07-15-2010, 08:50 PM
I have farm ground for miles in every direction and have alway lived by the rule what happens there is nature's business. But the first time nature moves onto my ground that's another story. I killed a rabbit on a dead run at 50 yards with a .410 the other day.

That being said buy a live trap. They're sold at your local farm store.

You must have scared him to death!

googlegoogle
07-15-2010, 08:51 PM
mud the area. look for prints.

CrazyPhuD
07-15-2010, 09:48 PM
Antifreeze?

FAX
07-15-2010, 09:49 PM
1. Find coven.
2. Sign up.
3. Become 4th degree witch.
4. Learn spell to drive off unwanted animals.
5. Purchase candles.
6. Purchase chalk.
7. Draw pentagram, light candles, and cast spell.

Just be sure you don't screw up the incantation and shrink up your nuts real bad.

FAX

denwilmay
07-15-2010, 11:09 PM
Learn to share!

BillSelfsTrophycase
07-15-2010, 11:11 PM
Antifreeze?

Took 10 posts?

CP losing its burst?

FAX
07-16-2010, 12:19 AM
According to the television, some hunters have mastered wildlife calls they use to attract certain animals, Mr. Dinny Blues. Like, for example, there's this one guy on TV who vocalizes the sound of a female turkey who wants to get laid real, real bad. Then, there's this other guy who, in order to attract wolves and coyotes, makes a sound exactly like a teeny-tiny, little, baby rabbit with a terrible rash and his back leg caught in a garbage disposal.

Anyhow, I was thinking that if people can make sounds that attract animals, why can't they make sounds that will totally freak animals out and make them scatter for the deep woods to hide and cower and tremble with fear. Maybe the sound of a gopher being castrated with some pliers or the sound that a prairie dog makes when he has a sand wedge rammed up his ass. If you could master one of those wildlife calls, I think your problems would be solved.

FAX

BWillie
07-16-2010, 12:21 AM
I've never understood people's hangup with killing useless animals.

You are supposed to buy a animal release kit asshole. Even with flys and natures beautiful insects. Do not swat that fly. Please contact Peta they can supply you with a critter release kit. You'll be so happy you'll cry when you see rainbows and shit out tulips.

BWillie
07-16-2010, 12:22 AM
Antifreeze?

This took 10 threads? You guys are slacking. Get your shit together CP

FAX
07-16-2010, 02:28 AM
Hmmm. That explains a lot.

Somebody's been releasing their gnats in my neighborhood. The bastards.

FAX

BillSelfsTrophycase
07-16-2010, 02:46 AM
Took 10 posts?

CP losing its burst?

This took 10 threads? You guys are slacking. Get your shit together CP

Repost

:D

salame
07-16-2010, 02:50 AM
http://www.hobo-bonobo.co.uk/topten/images/0907152313178.jpg

Abba-Dabba
07-16-2010, 04:35 AM
Ro-Pel might work. But I really wouldn't count on it. I'd personally try a 2 pronged approach. Ro-Pel with a humane trap or a kill trap. I'd go for the kill trap just because it sounds like the animal is more than likely a rodent of some kind. Not to mention, the garbage can is sure a lot easier than having to deal with finding someone that will allow you to relocate a known problem rodent on their property. Or else if you have the time, just sit and wait with pellet gun.

LaChapelle
07-16-2010, 05:00 AM
Never understood the relocate an unwanted animal logic
If a domesticated animal like a cat or dog can find their way home
over hundreds of miles a wild one would find it a breeze

Bwana
07-16-2010, 07:15 AM
This is what I use for my "urban hunting" when things hop in and try to chew up my garden. A Gamo Whisper, with a good aftermarket scope. Thump, drop, garbage sack, toss.

http://www.kingdomarms.com/store/images/_products/GamoWhisper-177.jpg

Sofa King
07-16-2010, 07:33 AM
This is what I use for my "urban hunting" when things hop in and try to chew up my garden. A Gamo Whisper, with a good aftermarket scope. Thump, drop, garbage sack, toss.

http://www.kingdomarms.com/store/images/_products/GamoWhisper-177.jpg

:cuss:

last fucking post steals my sniper rifle...