PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs tidbits.......

Hog's Gone Fishin
07-21-2010, 07:14 PM
Some repost stuff and some I've not seen here so bite me. It's slow . I'm glad Weis is pushing Cassel to improve.

Chiefs | Cameron Sheffield officially signed
Comment (0)

Tue, 20 Jul 2010 07:34:07 -0400

The Kansas City Chiefs have signed rookie LB Cameron Sheffield, the team announced Tuesday, July 20.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chiefs | Dwanye Bowe takes part in Larry Fitzgerald's workout
Comment (0)

Mon, 19 Jul 2010 13:39:07 -0400

Kansas City Chiefs WR Dwayne Bowe took part in Arizona Cardinals WR Larry Fitzgerald's summer workouts this offseason because he heard positive things from other players about the workouts, reports Chip Scoggins, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune. Bowe said he also wanted to be able to work with former NFL WRs Cris Carter and Michael Irvin during the workouts. Bowe struggled with his conditioning during running drills after sitting out 12 straight workouts. "Can you imagine your first day coming back to 14 100s?" Bowe said. "Man, it was like college again. I've never done this intensive competing, conditioning and technique in one day."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chiefs | Matt Cassel not in danger of losing job
Comment (0)

Mon, 19 Jul 2010 13:29:19 -0400

Kansas City Chiefs QB Matt Cassel is not in danger of losing his starting job, but the team wants him to become more fundamentally sound and throw crisper passes this season, according to Kent Babb, of The Kansas City Star. Offensive coordinator Charlie Weis will work closely with Cassel to improve Cassel's throwing motion as well as decision making.

Chiefs | Jamaal Charles expected to be centerpiece of offense
Comment (0)

Mon, 19 Jul 2010 10:35:22 -0400

Kansas City Chiefs RB Jamaal Charles needs to show signs that he can keep improving and last year's strong performance wasn't a fluke, reports Kent Babb, of The Kansas City Star. Charles is expected to be the centerpiece of the Kansas City offense. The coaching staff also needs to keep him grounded, and remind him that RB Thomas Jones will happily take over the starting job if Charles regresses.

Chiefs | Dwayne Bowe entering crucial year
Comment (0)

Mon, 19 Jul 2010 10:34:45 -0400

Kansas City Chiefs WR Dwayne Bowe may be entering a make-or-break season with the Chiefs, reports Kent Babb, of The Kansas City Star. Bowe has to produce and keep quiet this year, as some of his teammates have already begun rolling their eyes at his antics.

tyler360
07-21-2010, 07:15 PM
None of this is surprising. All very state the obvious

Fish
07-21-2010, 07:18 PM
"Matt Cassel not in danger of losing job. But he must do everything better now."

Titty Meat
07-21-2010, 07:21 PM
How does a coach make a QB's decision making better? Will he be talking into the headset when he drops back to pass?

RDGashMattik
07-21-2010, 07:31 PM
Is it just me or does the weiss hire make you have a little hope for Brodie Croyle. Ok, the kid is brittle, but he has a hell of an arm. I for one never thought he should have been thrown to the wolves as soon as he was. You take first round picks and start them from the get go. Third rounders, I would say give them about 3-5 years. They need to learn the position, AND bulk up in many cases. Weiss is a proven asset to QB's, and yes he will help Cassel, but I think Croyle may gain the most. Hell he might just breathe a shot at life into Croyle's hopes for ever starting in this league.

Bozo1970
07-21-2010, 07:33 PM
I always thought weis was an asshole

RDGashMattik
07-21-2010, 07:36 PM
Probably because he groomed the chosen boy Brady. Anything that comes from New England always has a slight tinge of asshole smell stuck to them.

Marcellus
07-21-2010, 07:39 PM
This isn't a bad read.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Ai9Bi1wCXYUV5.QlmlGgEq3.uLYF?slug=teamreports-2010-nfl-kan

OnTheWarpath15
07-21-2010, 07:40 PM
Kansas City Chiefs QB Matt Cassel is not in danger of losing his starting job

Kansas City Chiefs RB Jamaal Charles needs to show signs that he can keep improving and last year's strong performance wasn't a fluke, reports Kent Babb, of The Kansas City Star.

Funny that they hold Charles to that standard, but didn't with Cassel.

If I'm Jamaal I want a monster contract. When Pioli asks him why, all he has to do is point at Cassel.

Fucking hypocrites.

Marcellus
07-21-2010, 07:43 PM
This isn't bad either, nothing ground breaking.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AnoiIHbQ40agFJyMRZIUj6T.uLYF?slug=tsn-campcountdownchiefso

JoeyChuckles
07-21-2010, 07:47 PM
I always thought weis was an asshole

Probably because he groomed the chosen boy Brady. Anything that comes from New England always has a slight tinge of asshole smell stuck to them.

Are you two the same person?

My guess is yes.

Marcellus
07-21-2010, 07:49 PM
Funny that they hold Charles to that standard, but didn't with Cassel.

If I'm Jamaal I want a monster contract. When Pioli asks him why, all he has to do is point at Cassel.

****ing hypocrites.

The QB position is different. RB's can have short shelf lives and Charles was a draft pick who is under contract.

Cassel's contract is really a 2 year deal if he doesn't play well. They had to pay him Franchise Tag money the first year anyway so this year is the only $ gamble. I know some don't agree with this but the deal is front loaded for a reason.

OnTheWarpath15
07-21-2010, 07:58 PM
The QB position is different. RB's can have short shelf lives and Charles was a draft pick who is under contract.

Cassel's contract is really a 2 year deal if he doesn't play well. They had to pay him Franchise Tag money the first year anyway so this year is the only $ gamble. I know some don't agree with this but the deal is front loaded for a reason.

If I actually thought that Pioli would dump his ass after an average 2010, I'd agree completely.

And FWIW, Cassel was under contract as well. There was no reason to extend it until he performed. He's still making $10M per after this year - that's not exactly a bargain.

Hog's Gone Fishin
07-21-2010, 08:23 PM
Are you two the same person?

My guess is yes.

They might as well be because they're both morons !

CoMoChief
07-21-2010, 08:32 PM
I still think we should start Croyle and just wait til he gets injured.

RDGashMattik
07-21-2010, 09:41 PM
Funny, you say nothing to refute anything I had said, but call me stupid. Way to welcome new member's to the board.

milkman
07-21-2010, 09:44 PM
Funny, you say nothing to refute anything I had said, but call me stupid. Way to welcome new member's to the board.

If you're expecting some kind of warm or hearty welcome, you've come to the wrong place.

Two things to remember here.

Grow a thick skin.

Then grow it thicker.

RDGashMattik
07-21-2010, 09:48 PM
Oh I don't mind bantering with intellectual inferiors once in a while, but I would love to at least keep it about the topic at hand.

doomy3
07-21-2010, 09:49 PM
How does a coach make a QB's decision making better? Will he be talking into the headset when he drops back to pass?

Is this a serious question?

You don't think a good coach can influence a QBs decision making? I don't know, perhaps going through different situations in the film room, better scouting and gameplanning on what to expect on Sundays, quick reads and hot routes that will help make the QBs decision making easier. There are probably a million ways a good coach will help a QBs decision making. There's a reason coaches go to the practice field with the players during the week.

Renegade
07-21-2010, 09:49 PM

With talk like that, you will be at WPI by the end of the week. They welcome hugs and kisses there, here is just a place you get tied to a pole and get whipped all day, and come back for seconds. :thumb:

milkman
07-21-2010, 09:53 PM

You don't think a good coach can influence a QBs decision making? I don't know, perhaps going through different situations in the film room, better scouting and gameplanning on what to expect on Sundays, quick reads and hot routes that will help make the QBs decision making easier. There are probably a million ways a good coach will help a QBs decision making. There's a reason coaches go to the practice field with the players during the week.

knowshit/He already hade the bestest coach ever working with him in New England.
Charlie Weis is no Josh McDaniels.

BIG K
07-21-2010, 09:54 PM
Some repost stuff and some I've not seen here so bite me. It's slow . I'm glad Weis is pushing Cassel to improve.

Chiefs | Cameron Sheffield officially signed
Comment (0)

Tue, 20 Jul 2010 07:34:07 -0400

The Kansas City Chiefs have signed rookie LB Cameron Sheffield, the team announced Tuesday, July 20.

Chiefs | Dwanye Bowe takes part in Larry Fitzgerald's workout
Comment (0)

Mon, 19 Jul 2010 13:39:07 -0400

Kansas City Chiefs WR Dwayne Bowe took part in Arizona Cardinals WR Larry Fitzgerald's summer workouts this offseason because he heard positive things from other players about the workouts, reports Chip Scoggins, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune. Bowe said he also wanted to be able to work with former NFL WRs Cris Carter and Michael Irvin during the workouts. Bowe struggled with his conditioning during running drills after sitting out 12 straight workouts. "Can you imagine your first day coming back to 14 100s?" Bowe said. "Man, it was like college again. I've never done this intensive competing, conditioning and technique in one day."

Chiefs | Matt Cassel not in danger of losing job
Comment (0)

Mon, 19 Jul 2010 13:29:19 -0400

Kansas City Chiefs QB Matt Cassel is not in danger of losing his starting job, but the team wants him to become more fundamentally sound and throw crisper passes this season, according to Kent Babb, of The Kansas City Star. Offensive coordinator Charlie Weis will work closely with Cassel to improve Cassel's throwing motion as well as decision making.

Chiefs | Jamaal Charles expected to be centerpiece of offense
Comment (0)

Mon, 19 Jul 2010 10:35:22 -0400

Kansas City Chiefs RB Jamaal Charles needs to show signs that he can keep improving and last year's strong performance wasn't a fluke, reports Kent Babb, of The Kansas City Star. Charles is expected to be the centerpiece of the Kansas City offense. The coaching staff also needs to keep him grounded, and remind him that RB Thomas Jones will happily take over the starting job if Charles regresses.

Chiefs | Dwayne Bowe entering crucial year
Comment (0)

Mon, 19 Jul 2010 10:34:45 -0400

Kansas City Chiefs WR Dwayne Bowe may be entering a make-or-break season with the Chiefs, reports Kent Babb, of The Kansas City Star. Bowe has to produce and keep quiet this year, as some of his teammates have already begun rolling their eyes at his antics.

I also found these interesting tid bits about the Chiefs:

1. The Chiefs hope they can actually get production from all of the first round picks on the defensive line.

2. The Chiefs are expecting Bowe to catch more balls than he drops this year.

3. The Chiefs are hoping that the new o-line can give Cassel 5 to 10 seconds per snap so that he may make his reads.

4. The Chiefs are hoping this years draft actually produces some ball players.

5. The Chiefs are anticipating winning a couple of games this year.

Sorry Hog, this thread is just too funny! :p

Fish
07-21-2010, 10:03 PM
Oh I don't mind bantering with intellectual inferiors once in a while, but I would love to at least keep it about the topic at hand.

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/449/yodanewbiesm.jpg

milkman
07-21-2010, 10:06 PM
http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/449/yodanewbiesm.jpg

LMAO

That is so true.

-King-
07-21-2010, 10:46 PM

Shoulda lurked a bit before signing up pal..,
Posted via Mobile Device

KCrockaholic
07-21-2010, 11:19 PM
This new guy reeks like Charlie Weis asshole.

BossChief
07-22-2010, 12:41 AM

Just for starters, we didnt have a dedicated quarterbacks coach for Cassel last year which was HUGE.

During games when a quarterback comes off the field, the qb coach is right there talking him through what he and the qb2 saw and showing stills of that so that the qb can make adjustments to capitalize if they run something similar later in the game. Haley was the offensive coordinator/qb coach as well as HC so his responsibilities during that span are to the defense on the field and the game at hand a lot more so than player specific coaching of an offensive player. That leaves very little time to work with a quarterback that is extremely inexperienced and needs a lot of work to develop.

I believe that is a big reason that Weis will make a difference in Cassels play, in games he should be able to help "slow the game down" for Matt which should allow him to make his reads and follow through in his motion so that he delivers a more accurate throw.

I just hope its enough that we can see Cassels acquisition as a good one in the long run.

Im not holding my breathe.

Marcellus
07-22-2010, 06:14 AM

I personally don't understand why they even have coaches if well, coaching players has no impact.

King_Chief_Fan
07-22-2010, 06:36 AM
I still think we should start Croyle and just wait til he gets injured.

I'll take 1st quarter first game for $100 Alex