PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs sign G Jon Asamoah

The Poz
07-22-2010, 08:41 PM
"Chiefs signed third-round OG Jon Asamoah to a four-year, $2.7 million contract, including $900,000 guaranteed.
The Outlaw Trophy candidate from Illinois was considered the second-best guard in the draft. He's expected to sit behind Brian Waters and Ryan Lilja as a rookie. It will be interesting to see if the Chiefs give Asamoah some snaps at center in the coming weeks, as that's where he could help the 2010 squad the most."

http://twitter.com/getnickwright/status/19300486733
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=5870

-King-
07-22-2010, 08:43 PM
Nice to see these signings. Arenas and McCluster should be coming up soon hopefully. Hopefully Berry soon after that.

TrebMaxx
07-22-2010, 08:45 PM
For some reason it does seem as if the signings are moving at a quicker pace.

Reaper16
07-22-2010, 08:46 PM
For some reason it does seem as if the signings are moving at a quicker pace.
"some reason" being the advent of training camp.

CosmicPal
07-22-2010, 08:46 PM
He probably couldn't ask for better mentors than Brian Waters and Ryan Lilja.

ChiefsCountry
07-22-2010, 08:58 PM
Awesome. This draft pick was the one I was the most excited about it. I think he will be basically Will Shields or Randall McDaniel. Good job Pioli on this one!

TrebMaxx
07-22-2010, 09:00 PM
"some reason" being the advent of training camp.

I guess I should have said quicker than during the Carl P. regime. :)

LaChapelle
07-22-2010, 09:05 PM
Colin Brown last year
Jon Asamoah this year
this line will be ass again

boogblaster
07-22-2010, 09:07 PM
we b coming along

BIG K
07-22-2010, 09:15 PM

True.

ChiefsCountry
07-22-2010, 09:20 PM

I would rather have had Dave Szott and Will Shields.

Gonzo
07-22-2010, 09:31 PM
To the ship!
Posted via Mobile Device

KCUnited
07-22-2010, 09:45 PM
Jon Asstomouth

OnTheWarpath15
07-22-2010, 09:50 PM
Glad he's signed.

Just hope he gets a legit shot at the center job. This kid needs to be starting somewhere from day one.

pr_capone
07-22-2010, 10:02 PM
I'm ecstatic to have this guy on the team.

Hopefully Pioli can convince some team that Waters has value left at G and Asamoah is starting at G before the end of the season.

HemiEd
07-22-2010, 10:02 PM
Good news.

RippedmyFlesh
07-22-2010, 10:12 PM
If wiegmann is done I would like to see him get a look at center I can't take another year of rudy at center.

KCrockaholic
07-22-2010, 10:52 PM
Pleease start him at Center! Lets hope to god Weigmann and Niswanger suck during camp and Asamoah is a stud. This guy as a rookie will play better than those other two chumps.

Ugly Duck
07-22-2010, 11:10 PM
Awesome. This draft pick was the one I was the most excited about it. I think he will be basically Will Shields or Randall McDaniel. Good job Pioli on this one!

I was really hoping that Oakland would snag him. This makes me hate your team even more.

KCrockaholic
07-22-2010, 11:11 PM
Conflicting reports I guess. Some "insiders" say he hasn't signed yet. Others say he has.

It doesn't matter. He will be signed within 24 hours anyway.

Bugeater
07-22-2010, 11:18 PM
I'd like to know more about the "Outlaw Trophy" he was a candidate for.

ChiefsCountry
07-22-2010, 11:40 PM
If the Chiefs put him at center, they are fucking retards. Cut Waters ass, put Lilja on the left and let Asamoah start the next 15 years at right guard. His natural position.

SAUTO
07-22-2010, 11:40 PM
I'd like to know more about the "Outlaw Trophy" he was a candidate for.

Outland.
Posted via Mobile Device

lostcause
07-23-2010, 12:15 AM
If the Chiefs put him at center, they are ****ing retards. Cut Waters ass, put Lilja on the left and let Asamoah start the next 15 years at right guard. His natural position.

Put Waters back at Center, Lilja to LG and Asamoah to RG...

CoMoChief
07-23-2010, 12:27 AM
Put Waters back at Center, Lilja to LG and Asamoah to RG...

:spock: When has Waters played C......ever?

lostcause
07-23-2010, 12:36 AM
:spock: When has Waters played C......ever?

Ummm.. His first starting gig for the Chiefs was at center... Sorry you missed it.

KCrockaholic
07-23-2010, 12:38 AM
Sometimes I wonder how much CoMoChief pays attention to the Chiefs.

CoMoChief
07-23-2010, 12:41 AM
Sorry for not remembering something that happened 10 god damn yrs ago. sheesh.

Anyways....putting Waters back to Center is a horrible idea anyways.

lostcause
07-23-2010, 12:43 AM

Actually I think it's great. He's veteran enough to get the offense and know his responsibility, but he doesn't have to stack up on the line like he's used to. Let a younger, stronger body handle that.

edit: and he's a better blocker than either of the fucks we currently have in line to play the position. Open a spot and improve the line.

Aries Walker
07-23-2010, 01:45 AM
I love the idea of building up the O-line first, then building up a team around them. This is good work, here.

penguinz
07-23-2010, 05:13 AM
To the zaaruuq!

Quesadilla Joe
07-23-2010, 05:18 AM
According to a league source, the Kansas City Chiefs do not have a done deal with third-round guard Jon Asamoah.

https://twitter.com/RavensInsider/status/19309575066

bsp4444
07-23-2010, 06:24 AM
I love the idea of building up the O-line first, then building up a team around them. This is good work, here.

Actually, it appears their approach is to draft high quality players everywhere on the team. They've addressed defense with Berry, the line with Asamoah, the offense with TE Moeaki and McCluster, and special teams. They haven't fully addressed any one unit, but it appears they have upgraded nearly every unit (except D-Line and I'm still disappointed about not taking Cam Thomas)

RedThat
07-23-2010, 09:16 AM
Colin Brown last year
Jon Asamoah this year
this line will be ass again

No they won't.

Come on be a little optimistic, not trying to say your negative or anything,
but there is plenty of room for improvement. We have better quality lineman this year than last year. Asomoah, Wiegman, Lilja alone are upgrades over what we had last year. When Colin Brown played at guard, he did well. There is better talent on the interior and also more competition as well.

*But, Albert is the key for our Oline imo. He needs to step.

LaChapelle
07-23-2010, 11:39 AM
Colon Brown
Assamoah

Chiefaholic
07-23-2010, 11:59 AM
Lilja at LG, Waters at C, and Asamoah at RG. If Brown can establish a spot at RT, we're set for a couple years.

Mr. Laz
07-23-2010, 02:33 PM
Lilja at LG, Waters at C, and Asamoah at RG. If Brown can establish a spot at RT, we're set for a couple years.
i think they have decided that Brown is going to play guard
we really are committed to albert/O'callaghan at tackle for this year unless Richardson suddenly grows a set.

i think they should of been trying Waters at center already

RedThat
07-23-2010, 06:04 PM
i think they have decided that Brown is going to play guard

Im okay with this decision.

I don't think Colin Brown has the footwork to play tackle.

milkman
07-23-2010, 07:15 PM

You also missed about 10,000 posts over the last ten years that have discussed the fact that Waters has played center.

But hey, at least you're consistent.

BossChief
07-23-2010, 07:40 PM
Lilja at RG is not what most know it alls (including myself) would consider good usage of resources.

IMO they should cut Waters loose and afford him the opportunity to catch on with another team before camp. We owe him (and ourselves) that much.

OnTheWarpath15
07-23-2010, 07:42 PM
Lilja at RG is not what most know it alls (including myself) would consider good usage of resources.

IMO they should cut Waters loose and afford him the opportunity to catch on with another team before camp. We owe him (and ourselves) that much.

Couldn't agree more.

Put him on the trade block. Take what you can get for him.

Start playing for the future.

That moves Lilja to his natural LG position, and allows Asomoah to play his natural RG position.

We're still fucked at center, however.

RedThat
07-23-2010, 07:45 PM
Couldn't agree more.

Put him on the trade block. Take what you can get for him.

Start playing for the future.

That moves Lilja to his natural LG position, and allows Asomoah to play his natural RG position.

We're still ****ed at center, however.

Maybe Wiegman could be that stopgap for a year? Then draft a center next year

*Don't think we're gonna get anything for Waters though.

BossChief
07-23-2010, 07:46 PM
We're still fucked at center, however.Im ok with Weigman for a year at the spot.

IMO that is where we missed in the draft. We could have had a pretty good one in the fifth round as a couple pretty good ones were sitting there. Then again, I dont know anything about the person, just the player.

BossChief
07-23-2010, 07:47 PM
Maybe Wiegman could be that stopgap for a year? Then draft a center next year

*Don't think we're gonna get anything for Waters though.

Im ok with Weigman for a year at the spot.

IMO that is where we missed in the draft. We could have had a pretty good one in the fifth round as a couple pretty good ones were sitting there. Then again, I dont know anything about the person, just the player.

I am currently rethinking my stance on this issue.

OnTheWarpath15
07-23-2010, 07:47 PM
Im ok with Weigman for a year at the spot.

I don't think any of the available centers at the time were team captains.

LMAO

RedThat
07-23-2010, 07:58 PM
I am currently rethinking my stance on this issue.

lol hey you said it. Our opinions just happen to be the same.

you live by the sword and you die by the sword bud:D j/k

DaneMcCloud
07-23-2010, 08:28 PM
I don't mind the Asamoah draft selection, but it doesn't make much sense.

The Chiefs now have a bunch of right guards (Asamoah, Brown, Niswanger, Nsukwe and Lilja).

I don't think that they're planning to move Brown back to tackle and even if they did, he'd be behind O'C, Richardson and likely Nsuckwe.

I hope their intentions become clear come training camp because it seems like they're stock piling lineman just to stock pile lineman.

Also, if they traded/cut Waters and moved Lilja into his spot, Lilja would be one of the lowest paid starting left guards in the entire NFL.

OnTheWarpath15
07-23-2010, 08:32 PM

The Chiefs now have a bunch of right guards (Asamoah, Brown, Niswanger, Nsukwe and Lilja).

I don't think that they're planning to move Brown back to tackle and even if they did, he'd be behind O'C, Richardson and likely Nsuckwe.

I hope their intentions become clear come training camp because it seems like they're stock piling lineman just to stock pile lineman.

Also, if they traded/cut Waters and moved Lilja into his spot, Lilja would be the lowest paid starting left guard in the entire NFL, by far.

In fairness, Asomoah has more potential than all of the players you listed - by far.

But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned, considering they've done the same thing at other postions - like NCB, as an example.

They just took a NCB last year, then follow up by taking another with a very valuable pick this year.

Hopefully trading up to take a TE doesn't become an annual occurrence either.

You can't help but question their evaluation skills when they are picking players at the same positions in back to back years while huge needs are ignored.

BossChief
07-23-2010, 08:40 PM
Lilja is slotted to play a position at 290 pounds that is typically manned by guys 35-50 pounds heavier. If we had a big mauler of a center, that would be somewhat understandable, but we signed a vet that ends the season at less than 280 because of weight loss over the course of the year and Niswanger isn't good.

I think that down the stretch we are gonna struggle in short yardage because of that.

We are penciled in to have a set of guards and center that are easily 100 pounds lighter than average as a group.

To me, that line is built to protect the quarterback more than to emphasize our most lethal part of the offense (the running game)

DaneMcCloud
07-23-2010, 08:48 PM
In fairness, Asomoah has more potential than all of the players you listed - by far.

But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned, considering they've done the same thing at other postions - like NCB, as an example.

They just took a NCB last year, then follow up by taking another with a very valuable pick this year.

Hopefully trading up to take a TE doesn't become an annual occurrence either.

You can't help but question their evaluation skills when they are picking players at the same positions in back to back years while huge needs are ignored.

Yeah, I fully agree. I like the Asamoah pick because he's got unlimited upside, but they took Colin Brown last year and added Lilja this offseason. Where does Asamoah fit and will Weis push to have the best players on the field at all times (Mike Goff?).

I think the Moeaki selection is a big time risk/reward pick but if he's not Mark Bavaro, Junior, they'll take one again next year. It's clear that this front office and coaching staff is unable to deviate from the Giants glory years when they ran the Belichick defense and the Perkins/Erhardt offense.

They better get this shit right or it's going to be a long five years in KC for Pioli, Haley, Weis and Crennel.

Matt Cassel on the other hand, is laughing each and every day at their stupidity. When informed by Weis that he could possibly loose his starting job to Brodie Croyle with a poor preseason performance coupled with a bad first quarter of play, Cassel responded "Yeah, I'll back up Croyle but you'll blow me first".

Weis agreed.

RedThat
07-23-2010, 08:50 PM

Also, if they traded/cut Waters and moved Lilja into his spot, Lilja would be one of the lowest paid starting left guards in the entire NFL.

just want to comment on Asamoah here Dane.

I think the pick makes a lot of sense. Mind you though, Im speaking from two points of view here. Talent wise, I see this as a good pick. Clearly, i think he is the most talented guy over any of the interior offensive lineman we have on our roster.

Its a good move. I think it makes sense. Im only saying that because Im thinking longterm. I think he will win the job and will be the starting guard for years to come. Bold statement I know:D...With that being said, because he is talented and young, he could provide some longevity at the position IF he doesn't get hurt. Waters is old, so is Wiegman, and Lilja, as you know is banged up. Brown is a project and is not guaranteed which kinda warms me up to the Asamoah pick. Like the pick and gives me a little bit of reason to feel a little more optimistic about the OL.

DaneMcCloud
07-23-2010, 09:07 PM
just want to comment on Asamoah here Dane.

I think the pick makes a lot of sense. Mind you though, Im speaking from two points of view here. Talent wise, I see this as a good pick. Clearly, i think he is the most talented guy over any of the interior offensive lineman we have on our roster.

Its a good move. I think it makes sense. Im only saying that because Im thinking longterm. I think he will win the job and will be the starting guard for years to come. Bold statement I know:D...With that being said, because he is talented and young, he could provide some longevity at the position IF he doesn't get hurt. Waters is old, so is Wiegman, and Lilja, as you know is banged up. Brown is a project and is not guaranteed which kinda warms me up to the Asamoah pick. Like the pick and gives me a little bit of reason to feel a little more optimistic about the OL.

One unproven rookie makes you feel good about the line?

:facepalm:

As you pointed out, the offensive line is old and the young guys inexperienced. I have a great deal of faith in Brandon Albert, but that's it. The rest is dog shit.

Hopefully, Asamoah steps up and takes the right guard spot but that leaves Colin Brown as the odd man out, which makes him a poor 5th round selection last year.

Best case scenario, Albert kicks ass as does Asamoah. Even with that, the Chiefs are baren at the center, left guard and right tackle position.

That's not exactly comforting.

RedThat
07-23-2010, 09:12 PM

As you pointed out, the offensive line is old and the young guys inexperienced. I have a great deal of faith in Brandon Albert, but that's it. The rest is dog shit.

Hopefully, Asamoah steps up and takes the right guard spot but that leaves Colin Brown as the odd man out, which makes him a poor 5th round selection last year.

Best case scenario, Albert kicks ass as does Asamoah. Even with that, the Chiefs are baren at the center, left guard and right tackle position.

All more reason to look forward to the draft next year. Plenty of room for improvement and to draft OL for next year.

I think Asamoah is a talent. jmo. He was rated pretty high as an interior OL and the Chiefs got him in the 3rd. I think it was great value on the Chiefs part for where they selected him. Solid starter for Illinois during his time there.

It's a slow process. It'll take time. If they could nab picks like this for next year they'll be on their way.

DaneMcCloud
07-23-2010, 09:16 PM
All more reason to look forward to the draft next year. Plenty of room for improvement and to draft OL for next year.

It should NOT take three seasons to rebuild to a quality NFL line.

If Colin Brown is a bust, Pioli further fucked up the 2009 draft.

The Chiefs have needs at d-line, linebacker, QB and WR. If they need a left guard, right tackle and center out of the 2011 draft, this team won't compete for at least two more years, minimum.

Take off the rose-colored glasses.

BossChief
07-23-2010, 09:23 PM
Dane, I think you are underestimating how much improvement can be made on the OL with the additions we made. Remember that most of the sacks and perceived lack of production from last years line came from Cassel eating the damn ball consistently over the first ten games and that changed everything. Think of the line over the course of the last 6 games with the current additions and the line has the potential to be quite a bit better.

Time will tell.

RedThat
07-23-2010, 09:25 PM

It should NOT take three seasons to rebuild to a quality NFL line.

If Colin Brown is a bust, Pioli further ****ed up the 2009 draft.

The Chiefs have needs at d-line, linebacker, QB and WR. If they need a left guard, right tackle and center out of the 2011 draft, this team won't compete for at least two more years, minimum.

Take off the rose-colored glasses.

They have holes everywhere. If they fill some of those holes and yes if it means OL, we should cheer and be proud because at least they're doing something right. and yeah if they draft a LT and he turns out to be better than Albert, so what, let it be. Im for improvement anywhere. Mind you, Im open to improvement anywhere, that may or could be different from you.

Draft picks are hits and misses. Thats just the way it goes in the NFL. If you as a fan can't accept that, that is your problem. Imo it is not the right approach to put a timeline as to when the OL should be built.

Its best to be easygoing about it. I don't expect them to compete this year but will say with their draft picks I was impressed and do see improvement.

*At the end of the day Dane, don't get me wrong, to each his own.

DaneMcCloud
07-23-2010, 09:34 PM
Dane, I think you are underestimating how much improvement can be made on the OL with the additions we made. Remember that most of the sacks and perceived lack of production from last years line came from Cassel eating the damn ball consistently over the first ten games and that changed everything. Think of the line over the course of the last 6 games with the current additions and the line has the potential to be quite a bit better.

Time will tell.

The problem is that they're short term.

Weigmann is one and done (if he even makes it as starter, let alone 16 games).

Lilja was cut by a team that replaced him with Andy Alleman and signed a three year deal for $7.5 million, not exactly Steve Hutchison or Alan Faneca money.

It's very likely that the Chiefs will be looking for three starters along the offensive line in 2011 and if Albert doesn't return to his 2008 form, possibly four.

DaneMcCloud
07-23-2010, 09:35 PM
Draft picks are hits and misses.

For consistently bad teams, I'd agree.

For consistently good teams, I'd disagree.

Chiefaholic
07-23-2010, 09:41 PM

Which is why I said move Lilja to LG where he's played several seasons successfully. Move Waters to C and if he can't beat out Wiegmann, then attempt a trade for a low round draft pick. Then let Asamoah start at LG this year and have a years experience going into next season.

The way we're set now, we're in desperate need of a center and LG going into next season (possibly RT too). If they use my lineup and we resolve the RT position, then center will be the only need going into next year to replace an aging Waters or Wiegmann.

booger
07-23-2010, 09:49 PM
they need another T pretty bad.

from the OTA's and mini camp reports of Gretz, i believe the depth chart was as follows:

LT Albert Richardson Tyler Eastman (Rookie FA)
LG Waters ItchyKoochie Ndukwe
C Weigmann Niswanger (they both saw time with the first teamers)
RG Lilja Asomoah
RT O'Callohan Brown (before brown was at G and they cut Jermail Porter and moved Brown back to 2nd team RT)

andrew lewis and lemuel jeanpierre are the other G-C combo guys both as rookie FA's along with Daryll Harris. IIRC he didn't run with the first or even the 2nd team which i would have hoped he would build on but you can't judge from OTA's and minicamp. He could be in a good position have a role like wade smith had as the backup at the LT, LG, C, and RG spots. Depends on how much he has improved and what Weis thinks of him.

OT is a spot to look for along with WR when cuts start coming through the waiver wire.

DaneMcCloud
07-23-2010, 10:00 PM
Which is why I said move Lilja to LG where he's played several seasons successfully. Move Waters to C and if he can't beat out Wiegmann, then attempt a trade for a low round draft pick. Then let Asamoah start at LG this year and have a years experience going into next season.

That's just way too much for one training camp. First off, Waters hasn't played center in a decade and his play is declining. By all accounts, he didn't take any snaps at center this offseason.

If Lilja played at a high level, he wouldn't have been replaced by Andy Alleman. He "protected" the QB with the quickest release in the NFL. How do you think he'd fare with Cassel? I'm guessing, not very well.

The way we're set now, we're in desperate need of a center and LG going into next season (possibly RT too). If they use my lineup and we resolve the RT position, then center will be the only need going into next year to replace an aging Waters or Wiegmann.

Again, you're jumping the gun. Asamoah is a rookie and unlikely to beat out Waters. The right tackle position isn't going to be "solved" unless the lightswitch turns on for Barry Richardson, which is about 50/50 right now (not good odds).

The offensive line is a wreck and adding Asamoah, while talented with a great upside, doesn't really change this clusterfuck.

KCrockaholic
07-23-2010, 10:42 PM
Colin Brown was a late round pick. You kind of have to have expectations for a guy to be a "bust". A 1st round pick that sucks is a "bust". But as bad as Colin Brown could ever be, he won't ever be a bust.

DaneMcCloud
07-23-2010, 10:44 PM
Colin Brown was a late round pick. You kind of have to have expectations for a guy to be a "bust". A 1st round pick that sucks is a "bust". But as bad as Colin Brown could ever be, he won't ever be a bust.

He'll be a wasted pick, especially when guys like Hightower, Breaston, et al have turned into quality players.

You're never going to have a championship caliber squad year in and year out by consistently missing on players.

Fifth rounders, contrary to Hootie's beliefs, often contribute to Super Bowl teams (see Kevin Boss).

KCrockaholic
07-23-2010, 10:51 PM
He'll be a wasted pick, especially when guys like Hightower, Breaston, et al have turned into quality players.

You're never going to have a championship caliber squad year in and year out by consistently missing on players.

Fifth rounders, contrary to Hootie's beliefs, often contribute to Super Bowl teams (see Kevin Boss).

Hightower and Breaston? Wrong draft class man.

But I understand what your saying. But I also don't ever have a high expectation from a 5th round pick. Therefore IMO a 5th round pick can never be a "bust". He can be a "miss". But I just feel that bust is the wrong word to use.

DaneMcCloud
07-23-2010, 10:55 PM
Hightower and Breaston? Wrong draft class man.

But I understand what your saying. But I also don't ever have a high expectation from a 5th round pick. Therefore IMO a 5th round pick can never be a "bust". He can be a "miss". But I just feel that bust is the wrong word to use.

I don't care about the draft class. A fifth rounder is a fifth rounder.

The good teams constantly mine late round picks and if the Chiefs want to be consistently good, they can't miss on 5th rounders consistently.

KCrockaholic
07-23-2010, 11:00 PM
I don't care about the draft class. A fifth rounder is a fifth rounder.

The good teams constantly mine late round picks and if the Chiefs want to be consistently good, they can't miss on 5th rounders consistently.

Hey now. I like Kendrick Lewis so far.

Simply Red
07-23-2010, 11:04 PM
Jon Asstomouth

mufucka' good, nigga'!

DaneMcCloud
07-23-2010, 11:09 PM
Hey now. I like Kendrick Lewis so far.

So far?

LMAO

KCrockaholic
07-23-2010, 11:11 PM
So far?

LMAO

Opinion subject to change...

DaneMcCloud
07-24-2010, 01:27 AM
Opinion subject to change...

You're fucked. It's in the books.

:D

milkman
07-24-2010, 05:40 AM
If Lilja played at a high level, he wouldn't have been replaced by Andy Alleman. He "protected" the QB with the quickest release in the NFL. How do you think he'd fare with Cassel? I'm guessing, not very well.

I'm kind of in agreement with you on most of your points on this subject, but this point is off the mark.

Lilja was the fall guy for Peyton Manning.

Bill Polian came out after the SB and blamed the O-Line for the Colts loss.
Everyone but Hootie knows that Manning had plenty of time in the pocket in the SB, and the Colts ran the ball effectively as well.

Lilja was the sacrificial lamb.

Lilja was cut because Peyton Manning threw a critical interception.

1ChiefsDan
07-29-2010, 07:18 AM
Adam Schefter just reported Asamoah finally signed his contract

KCrockaholic
07-29-2010, 07:25 AM
Yep. Let's go Eric Berry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T-post Tom
07-29-2010, 07:34 AM
Lilja was the fall guy for Peyton Manning.

Bill Polian came out after the SB and blamed the O-Line for the Colts loss.
Everyone but Hootie knows that Manning had plenty of time in the pocket in the SB, and the Colts ran the ball effectively as well.

Lilja was the sacrificial lamb.

Lilja was cut because Peyton Manning threw a critical interception.

There's been info posted here in the past supporting these very points. Lilja was a good signing. I predict that he'll play well for the Chiefs and that any injuries he sustains will be acute rather than chronic. (It is football afterall.)

T-post Tom
07-29-2010, 07:42 AM
Not likely to happen, but wouldn't it be nice to see Will Shields coming in as a consultant or asst. coach to share some knowledge with Asamoah & the other young linemen?