PDA

View Full Version : Football Dez Byant refuses to carry Williams' pads

Chiefs Pantalones
07-25-2010, 10:48 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=5409306

DJ's left nut
07-25-2010, 10:53 PM
Oh FFS.

Just carry the damn pads, Bryant. You're not too good for rookie hazing.

That's the kind of crap that annoys the hell out of me....and Dallas fans will eat it up.

wazu
07-25-2010, 10:54 PM
Prima dona. Carry the fucking pads.

kcxiv
07-25-2010, 11:07 PM
I have 0 issues with him not carrying someone elses pads like a bitch. Good for you Dez.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-25-2010, 11:10 PM
I have 0 issues with him not carrying someone elses pads like a bitch. Good for you Dez.

I think he's a bitch for not being secure enough in his own skin to play the game. This is just another sign that Dez is a soft bitch.

HoneyBadger
07-25-2010, 11:12 PM
If he starts this as a rookie, it will only get worse in years to come.

WV
07-25-2010, 11:21 PM
Dude's obviously a head case.

teedubya
07-25-2010, 11:22 PM
Bust

Consistent1
07-25-2010, 11:28 PM
It's head games between those two. Dallas seems to have wasted a ton to get Roy. Then Austin breaks out, AND they draft Dez.

Consistent1
07-25-2010, 11:33 PM
I think he's a bitch for not being secure enough in his own skin to play the game. This is just another sign that Dez is a soft bitch.

It might be so.We shall see. It just seems funny who is whining about him. I am gonna go check out a Dallas board for laughs. Everybody wanted "Texas Roy", but he has worn out many fans patience.

Valiant
07-25-2010, 11:34 PM
Well he better hope the rest of the WR decide that it is just their job to play football and not mentor him also and make him better..

Hazing it a part becoming a teammate..

Buck
07-25-2010, 11:56 PM
Roy Williams is going to pay for a billboard that says Dez Bryant's mom is a whore.

Kyle DeLexus
07-26-2010, 12:11 AM

It's part of being a rookie and showing your a team player. He's acting like a bitch by not doing something EVERY rookie has to go through.

Kyle DeLexus
07-26-2010, 12:12 AM
Roy Williams is going to pay for a billboard that says Dez Bryant's mom is a whore.

ROFL

KCrockaholic
07-26-2010, 12:46 AM
I would understand if Roy was actually relevant.

Say Miles Austin or Jason Witten tells Bryant to carry his pads, he damn well better do it.

With that said, Bryant needs to quit acting the fool and trying to play mr. tough guy with the rest of the team.

He is a rookie. You earn your way to leadership on a football team, and if you can't handle a little rookie ritual, your not gonna make it very long in the NFL with that kind of attitude.

But. I must say, this was a test by Roy Williams. Roy thinks Dez is a punk, and he's right. But so is Roy. Roy was trying to call his ground and prove a point to the rook that this is not his team yet, in a way to keep him grounded. It back-fired on both ends.

Pitt Gorilla
07-26-2010, 12:52 AM
Dez better look both ways before going across the middle.

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-26-2010, 01:10 AM
Fucking dumbass.

Williams may be a disappointment, but he is an established veteran.

I'm sure chiefnj will be by to scrub his nuts soon enough.

Consistent1
07-26-2010, 01:39 AM
****ing dumbass.

Williams may be a disappointment, but he is an established veteran.

I'm sure chiefnj will be by to scrub his nuts soon enough.

Maybe we really don't know what all has went on. On the surface Bryant is wrong. On the surface RW is wrong if he went looking for the media over a team matter. Kinda like that Bowe guy.Tell Cowboy fans how "established" RW is. Most all of them wanted him there in the beginning too. Haha. Dezzy better show something big on the field. That team is loaded with talent, and keeps disappointing. They got fucking KILLED in that playoff game after looking like a serious contender. This is the last thing they need.

TrickyNicky
07-26-2010, 01:58 AM
http://www.webslingerz.com/jhoffman/images/irvin.jpg

"D'VON! Get the scissors!"

Bwana
07-26-2010, 03:25 AM
It starts......

blaise
07-26-2010, 05:01 AM
I bet most of the Cowboys are laughing at Roy Williams behind his back. The guy is a moron who still can't grasp that he's not at UT.

Pioli Zombie
07-26-2010, 05:09 AM
Good for you Dez. Don't take no shit off of nobody. Tell Roy to fuck your mother.

InChiefsHeaven
07-26-2010, 05:19 AM
What would "step two" be?

"We'll find out. Definitely going to find out," Williams said. "I don't know. I've seen guys take people's credit cards and go fill up their cards and wife's cards and everything. There's a lot of dirt that goes on in that locker room."

What the...grand theft as a hazing ritual? This to me is the most earth shattering part of the article. I don't give a shit if Dez Bryant is a puss (cuz he is) but if something like that happened, and they charge up a few grand on his credit cards...that goes way beyond hazing IMO...

Psyko Tek
07-26-2010, 06:07 AM
Dude's obviously a head case.

He's a wide receiver
aren't they ALL head cases?

TheGuardian
07-26-2010, 06:32 AM
Some of you MF'ers are stupid.

It doesn't matter if Williams is a pro bowler or FA disappointment. All rookies carry some vets pads. It's also a sign of respect and showing you are a team player. The fact that he won't do it is just another sign in a long list of signs that this guy is going to be a bust.

Fritz88
07-26-2010, 07:05 AM
The birth of a locker room cancer.
Posted via Mobile Device

Saulbadguy
07-26-2010, 07:06 AM
Who cares. I'm not required to carry my co-workers shit or anything stupid like that upon hire.

TheGuardian
07-26-2010, 07:25 AM
Who cares. I'm not required to carry my co-workers shit or anything stupid like that upon hire.

You also don't make millions and play professional sports.

HemiEd
07-26-2010, 07:26 AM
Some of you MF'ers are stupid.

It doesn't matter if Williams is a pro bowler or FA disappointment. All rookies carry some vets pads. It's also a sign of respect and showing you are a team player. The fact that he won't do it is just another sign in a long list of signs that this guy is going to be a bust.

Agreed, even D.Bowe took the hazing like a man, when they taped him to a goal post.

07-26-2010, 07:26 AM
Roy Williams should be the last person trying to haze any rookie..lol..the Cowboys are just dumb.

I remember James Farrior's rookie year with the Jets. Parcells had him run out and get donuts for the whole coaching staff.

loochy
07-26-2010, 07:44 AM
Who cares? He's paid to catch passes, not carry some overpaid failure's pads. I don't really care if he does or doesn't carry them. Just go catch some footballs...something that ol' Roy has a hard time with. Dez, stay far away from Roy Williams. Go hang out with Miles Austin - there's a man who deserves his pads to be carried.

Micjones
07-26-2010, 07:47 AM
This is a story? Really?

That a grown man won't carry another man's shoulderpads?

Screw the fact that he signed a contract and got to camp on time...
Let's make an issue of him not being someone else's bitch.
Got it.

Dallas Chief
07-26-2010, 07:48 AM
Oh FFS.

Just carry the damn pads, Bryant. You're not too good for rookie hazing.

That's the kind of crap that annoys the hell out of me....and Dallas fans will eat it up.

Yeah. They were already foaming at the mouth about it on the 10pm news last night. That and the fact that they have annoited the Cowboys NFC Champions already. The nightly sportscast will be vomit worthy around here until late December. AND forget about listening to sports talk radio. Complete fap sessions... :cuss:

KCUnited
07-26-2010, 07:51 AM
With his mom and dad's connections, I bet Dez is importing his first season in. He's no ordinary rook.

loochy
07-26-2010, 07:52 AM
Yeah. They were already foaming at the mouth about it on the 10pm news last night. That and the fact that they have annoited the Cowboys NFC Champions already. The nightly sportscast will be vomit worthy around here until late December. AND forget about listening to sports talk radio. Complete fap sessions... :cuss:

Yeah really...it's sad that the Rangers are playing so completely awesome, yet they are overshadowed by training camp BS.

loochy
07-26-2010, 07:52 AM
This is a story? Really?

That a grown man won't carry another man's shoulderpads?

Screw the fact that he signed a contract and got to camp on time...
Let's make an issue of him not being someone else's bitch.
Got it.

+1. You are smart.

Dayze
07-26-2010, 07:57 AM
don't we hear from players/owners/coaches all the time that the being a player/coach in the NFL is a 'business'?

If that's the case, I wouldn't carry pads either.

KCUnited
07-26-2010, 07:59 AM
Ay yo Berry! These pads ain't gon carry theyself. /McGraw.

loochy
07-26-2010, 08:00 AM
don't we hear from players/owners/coaches all the time that the being a player/coach in the NFL is a 'business'?

If that's the case, I wouldn't carry pads either.

This. Is it written in his contract to carry pads? No.

Did Williams actually need help carrying his pads because his hands were full and he just needed a hand? No, he was being a dick to the rookie(s). If I was in Dez's shoes, I'd tell Roy to go to hell.

This is coming from someone that really can't stand Dez or what he stands for.

Bill Lundberg
07-26-2010, 08:02 AM
His Dad's a pimp and his Mom "works for his dad", what did you expect?

Garcia Bronco
07-26-2010, 08:02 AM
This. Is it written in his contract to carry pads? No.

Did Williams actually need help carrying his pads because his hands were full and he just needed a hand? No, he was being a dick to the rookie(s). If I was in Dez's shoes, I'd tell Roy to go to hell.

This is coming from someone that really can't stand Dez or what he stands for.

You are missing the point of the hazing. Bryant failed. And if the Cowboy Vets have any balls they'll make him pay.

loochy
07-26-2010, 08:04 AM
You are missing the point of the hazing. Bryant failed. And if the Cowboy Vets have any balls they'll make him pay.

But Bryant doesn't fail. He's probably better than all of the Cowboys' receivers except Austin and Witten (does he count?). Let's see who really wins.

Bill Lundberg
07-26-2010, 08:06 AM
But Bryant doesn't fail. He's probably better than all of the Cowboys' receivers except Austin. Let's see who really wins.

Wrong, so far he's got 0 catches for 0 yards in the NFL.

loochy
07-26-2010, 08:08 AM
Wrong, so far he's got 0 catches for 0 yards in the NFL.

Well of course, he hasn't had a chance yet.

Why does that mean he has to carry someone else's pads? It's not like he refused to participate in drills or conditioning sessions or something.

Garcia Bronco
07-26-2010, 08:12 AM
But Bryant doesn't fail. He's probably better than all of the Cowboys' receivers except Austin and Witten (does he count?). Let's see who really wins.

He's already proved that he doesn't want to be a part of the team and puts himself in front of the team. It's been his persona through college. He may be talented, but he won't last long with that attitude. Just like TO, no one will want to work with him.

PunkinDrublic
07-26-2010, 08:16 AM
This is more between Dez and Roy Williams than it is a rookie disrespecting a vet. Roy is a joke. Not suprised Dez doesn't respect him.

loochy
07-26-2010, 08:16 AM
He's already proved that he doesn't want to be a part of the team and puts himself in front of the team. It's been his persona through college. He may be talented, but he won't last long with that attitude. Just like TO, no one will want to work with him.

Well that may be, and if nobody likes him, then so be it. He can go on his merry way to whatever team wants to take a chance on him. But why does he have to carry Williams' pads?

loochy
07-26-2010, 08:17 AM
This is more between Dez and Roy Williams than it is a rookie disrespecting a vet. Roy is a joke. Not suprised Dez doesn't respect him.

This. You must understand that we Dallas area people HATE Roy Williams and we will take any opportunity to oppose him.

blaise
07-26-2010, 08:25 AM
This. You must understand that we Dallas area people HATE Roy Williams and we will take any opportunity to oppose him.

Dez Bryant probably knows that Jerry Jones would be more than happy to throw Roy Williams out on his ass, too.

PunkinDrublic
07-26-2010, 08:26 AM

Well if you remember back when Dez Bryant was drafted, Roy Williams made some comments to the local media that he is still the no# 1 reciever. As a Cowgirl hater I would like this to continue to blow up and divide the locker room.

Nzoner
07-26-2010, 08:27 AM
It's nothing more than a rite of passage,sheesh,some of you must have never played sports,joined a frat,or simply made friends by having your balls busted a bit.I take it the Math Club's rite of passage must've been solving a problem put on the board by the teacher.

loochy
07-26-2010, 08:31 AM
No, I don't do needless BS just because someone says to.

If you earn my respect, great. I never went out and acted like an ass and threw out DISrespect, but I didn't put up with BS either.

BigChiefFan
07-26-2010, 08:33 AM
I kept thinking of their former safety from OU and thought it seemed odd that he was back with the team.

seclark
07-26-2010, 08:33 AM
cowboys will be cowboys.
sec

Los Pollos Hermanos
07-26-2010, 08:34 AM

I LOVE Roy Williams. I would like the Cowboys to trade for more players like him. :D

loochy
07-26-2010, 08:35 AM
I kept thinking of their former safety from OU and thought it seemed odd that he was back with the team.

Haha no, if it was that Roy, Dez might want to carry those pads out of fear of getting smeared a few times during practice. That Roy sucked too, but he sure could put a hit on.

loochy
07-26-2010, 08:36 AM
I LOVE Roy Williams. I would like the Cowboys to trade for more players like him. :D

Well yeah, of course I love when the team implodes too (but I do NOT miss TO...that got old REAL fast). I just recognize the complete failure of a football player that is Roy Williams.

mikeyis4dcats.
07-26-2010, 08:37 AM
Dez Bryant's credit card is going to pay for a billboard that says Dez Bryant's mom is a whore.

fixed

PunkinDrublic
07-26-2010, 08:37 AM
It's nothing more than a rite of passage,sheesh,some of you must have never played sports,joined a frat,or simply made friends by having your balls busted a bit.I take it the Math Club's rite of passage must've been solving a problem put on the board by the teacher.

That's true to a certain extent, but vet or not how do you respect someone who underperforms and doesn't pull their weight? My guess is that Roy Williams felt threatened by Dez Bryant and specifically sought him out to carry his pads.

loochy
07-26-2010, 08:39 AM
That's true to a certain extent, but vet or not how do you respect someone who underperforms and doesn't pull their weight? My guess is that Roy Williams felt threatened by Dez Bryant and specifically sought him out to carry his pads.

Yeah, I don't hear Austin or Crayton complaining about him.

Nzoner
07-26-2010, 08:40 AM

Absolutely,but having been in a similar situation myself(on a much lower level)I simply did what was expected and then blew past the SOB when my time came.

loochy
07-26-2010, 08:41 AM
cowboys will be douchebags.
sec

FYP.

PunkinDrublic
07-26-2010, 08:46 AM
Absolutely,but having been in a similar situation myself(on a much lower level)I simply did what was expected and then blew past the SOB when my time came.

Well that was the risk in drafting Dez Bryant. When you have a player like Bryant who may maturity issues incidents like this will flare up.

boogblaster
07-26-2010, 08:51 AM
Its rookie shit ... Bryant has to pay his dues .....

gblowfish
07-26-2010, 08:53 AM
Somebody's going to clean his clock in training camp. Don't mess with the veterans, do what they say when you're a rookie, especially if you're a first rounder.

notorious
Ay yo Berry! These pads ain't gon carry theyself. /McGraw.

And there it is.....

ROFL

doomy3
LMAO

-King-
07-26-2010, 08:54 AM

What you dont get is that no one gives a fuck about Roy Williams.
Posted via Mobile Device

Garcia Bronco
07-26-2010, 08:55 AM
Well that may be, and if nobody likes him, then so be it. He can go on his merry way to whatever team wants to take a chance on him. But why does he have to carry Williams' pads?

Because he's a rookie, and rookies get hazed.

Garcia Bronco
07-26-2010, 08:56 AM
What you dont get is that no one gives a **** about Roy Williams.
Posted via Mobile Device

It has nothing to do with who asked him to do it, and everything to do with the attitude of the rookie.

blaise
07-26-2010, 09:00 AM
It has nothing to do with who asked him to do it, and everything to do with the attitude of the rookie.

I think it's a combination of the two. He should carry the pads, but I bet if Demarcus Ware asked him, he would have. I just don't think Roy Williams gets any respect there.

loochy
07-26-2010, 09:00 AM
Because he's a rookie, and rookies get hazed.

Well this rookie said no. If he doesn't want to be a part of that, then he doesn't have to. If he doesn't care if the vets like him, then so be it. If he doesn't mind getting smashed a few times in practice, then so be it. Why is this such a big deal? Doesn't it take care of itself?

Also, I doubt any of the other vets actually have Roy's back...what a douche he is.

mrbiggz
07-26-2010, 09:05 AM
It sounds like Roy Williams was and is trying to punk Dez into carrying his pads and Dez basically says screw that you carry your own pads. It especially makes sense Roy and Dez are competing for a starting WR spot with Austin having the other locked up. If they weren't competing directly for a starting job or in the same position I'd be a little more worried about Bryant.

vailpass
07-26-2010, 09:08 AM

Which is why you are society's bitch.

Jim Jones
07-26-2010, 09:52 AM
Somebody's going to clean his clock in training camp. Don't mess with the veterans, do what they say when you're a rookie, especially if you're a first rounder.

If he catches 10 touchdowns next year, nobody is going to remember that he refused to carry pads and Roy Williams certainly ain't gonna have shit to say to him.

ModSocks
07-26-2010, 09:58 AM
They'll get him. It's not up to Dez, it's up to the team. He'll get his im sure. Like others have said, if it were Austin or Witten, or Romo, he'd carry the pads.

Brock
07-26-2010, 10:00 AM
He might end up wishing he'd just carried the pads around the time somebody steals his whip and brings it back painted pink or some shit.

Sully
07-26-2010, 10:06 AM
Jeff Ireland wants to know if his mom would carry them for $15.

Garcia Bronco
07-26-2010, 10:11 AM
Also, I doubt any of the other vets actually have Roy's back...what a douche he is.

Extraneous. that doesn't matter. This along with the rest of his pattern of behavior is why you don't draft a guy a like Byrant. It speaks to his professionalism and his willingness to be a part of the team.

MahiMike
07-26-2010, 10:13 AM
He's a team player - him and his posse team...

HemiEd
07-26-2010, 10:13 AM

Exactly, you need to pay your dues, on and off of the field.

vailpass
07-26-2010, 10:19 AM
And all of the GMs who passed on the talented yet ignorant WR just smile and nod in satisfied silence.

Chiefs Pantalones
07-26-2010, 10:35 AM
I've heard of a lot of lesser players like Roy making big named rookies carry their pads or get water for them, etc. It's a sign of respect. Just because a player isn't that good you show that you're a team player and everyone is the same on your TEAM.

CoMoChief
07-26-2010, 10:40 AM
Eh who gives a shit.....this story wouldn't be blown up if this wasn't the Dallas Cowboys.

Roy Williams(WR) sucks and knows this guy's going to take his spot. He can carry his own pads. Far as I'm concerned, Roy hasn't played to his contract, nor the amount given up to Detroit for his services in DAL.

Dayze
07-26-2010, 10:49 AM
I think a majority of NFL players are done with the 'team' concept the moment they leave NCAA.
So, I don't necessarily subscribe to the point that hazing etc, builds the 'team' etc.

just my opinion.

Hydrae
07-26-2010, 10:52 AM
I think a majority of NFL players are done with the 'team' concept the moment they leave NCAA.
So, I don't necessarily subscribe to the point that hazing etc, builds the 'team' etc.

just my opinion.

It is a rite of passage. It helps these young guys recognize they are no longer the big man on campus but are now the new kid on the block. It is precisely to help eliminate the attitude Dez is showing with these actions.

Consistent1
07-26-2010, 11:24 AM
I have checked out not only a Cowboys board, but a couple other teams as well. Fans everywhere seem real divided on this. Then Peter King said in his MMQB deal that he liked Bryant showing an attitude in this case. Lots of attention over something stupid.

Wallcrawler
07-26-2010, 11:28 AM
He shouldve carried the pads, then dropped them into the nearest shit-can or dumpster he could find.

TheGuardian
07-26-2010, 11:32 AM
I hate to pull out the "you never played" shit, but I will.

If this continues, and Bryant disrespects vets, it will get handled on the practice field.

Those of you that don't understand this don't know shit about alpha male mentality and are the true bitches. In a brotherhood like that, you have to EARN the respect of the guys. Not the other way around. Why in the hell should someone earn the respect of Bryant? He hasn't done shit.

I also don't believe it has anything to do with the fact that it's Roy Williams. I bet you money he wouldn't carry anyone else's pads either because the guy has been a first class bitch since college.

Berry will carry someones pads too. It very well could be McGraw's. And I bet money he will do it and respect why he's having to do it. But Eric Berry isn't a first class bitch either.

Dayze
07-26-2010, 11:32 AM
It is a rite of passage. It helps these young guys recognize they are no longer the big man on campus but are now the new kid on the block. It is precisely to help eliminate the attitude Dez is showing with these actions.

I agree somewhat.
But if Dez grabs 80 balls for 1100 and 8-10 TDs, I think any attitude problems he may have will be on display in full-force.

I guess my stance is, no amount of team building/hazing/rite of passage etc will help eliminate potential attitude problems that were there to begin with.

Fish
07-26-2010, 11:36 AM

ROFL

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-26-2010, 11:37 AM
Look, obviously the act of carrying pads is stupid, but as others have said, it's a rite of passage in the NFL, just like rookies dropping several thousand dollars to pay for the vets' meals at expensive restaurants, donut runs, goalpost taping, whatever.

You don't weigh in, you don't wrassle.

CoMoChief
07-26-2010, 11:43 AM

If this continues, and Bryant disrespects vets, it will get handled on the practice field.

Those of you that don't understand this don't know shit about alpha male mentality and are the true bitches. In a brotherhood like that, you have to EARN the respect of the guys. Not the other way around. Why in the hell should someone earn the respect of Bryant? He hasn't done shit.

I also don't believe it has anything to do with the fact that it's Roy Williams. I bet you money he wouldn't carry anyone else's pads either because the guy has been a first class bitch since college.

Berry will carry someones pads too. It very well could be McGraw's. And I bet money he will do it and respect why he's having to do it. But Eric Berry isn't a first class bitch either.

I'm sure there are other ways of hazing besides making him carry around someone's pads. Once again this story wouldnt blow up if it wasnt A: Dez Bryant and B: something to do w/ Dallas Cowboys.

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-26-2010, 11:49 AM
I'm sure there are other ways of hazing besides making him carry around someone's pads. Once again this story wouldnt blow up if it wasnt A: Dez Bryant and B: something to do w/ Dallas Cowboys.

I'd much rather carry around someone else's pads than drop 6K on a dinner or get my ass taped to a goalpost while they pour ice water on me.

CoMoChief
07-26-2010, 11:51 AM
I'd much rather carry around someone else's pads than drop 6K on a dinner or get my ass taped to a goalpost while they pour ice water on me.

I dont mind the goal post thing really. All in all, its prob fuckin hot outside.

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-26-2010, 11:52 AM
I think my favorite was Cam Cleeland getting bashed in the face with a sack of nickels and some other dude being thrown through a window.

SPATCH
07-26-2010, 11:54 AM
If you want to buck the system then you think that you are bigger than the system. Plain and simple.

He better NEVER be the beneficiary of any rookie hazing in the future.

Pay your dues. Humble yourself. Respect the past.

You are nothing without those who came before you.

Los Pollos Hermanos
07-26-2010, 11:59 AM
I dont mind the goal post thing really. All in all, its prob ****in hot outside.

The Cowboys are practicing indoors in San Antonio right now.

Pitt Gorilla
07-26-2010, 12:04 PM
I'm sure there are other ways of hazing besides making him carry around someone's pads. Once again this story wouldnt blow up if it wasnt A: Dez Bryant and B: something to do w/ Dallas Cowboys.I get that you are wrong a lot, but you've somehow managed to top that in this thread. Rookies carry stuff. They buy donuts. They wash SUVs. They pay their dues.

Dez will pay his as well, whether he wants to or not.

loochy
07-26-2010, 12:07 PM
If you want to buck the system then you think that you are bigger than the system.

No, just bigger than Roy Williams.

HemiEd
07-26-2010, 12:08 PM
Look, obviously the act of carrying pads is stupid, but as others have said, it's a rite of passage in the NFL, just like rookies dropping several thousand dollars to pay for the vets' meals at expensive restaurants, donut runs, goalpost taping, whatever.

You don't weigh in, you don't wrassle.

I agree, but just listened to an hour of Sirius NFL Radio on the subject, while running to Golfsmith.

I was shocked as these announcers, and former players were all on the Dez Bryant side of this, since Roy Williams should be laying low in their opinion. Most were saying they thought Williams will be cut, and this won't help.

This was 180 degrees from what I thought I would be hearing.

'Hamas' Jenkins
07-26-2010, 12:09 PM
That is rather surprising.

Dayze
07-26-2010, 12:14 PM
I agree, but just listened to an hour of Sirius NFL Radio on the subject, while running to Golfsmith.

I was shocked as these announcers, and formal players were all on the Dez Bryant side of this, since Roy Williams should be laying low in their opinion. Most were saying they thought Williams will be cut, and this won't help.

This was 180 degrees from what I thought I would be hearing.

I think (IMO) a majority of the veterans could care less about hazing rookies. Hell, I’d be hard pressed to find/identify a large percentage of players on each team who I thought actually cared about winning.

If I was making a quarter mil + per week during the season, I wouldn't care if a rookie didn’t carry my pads.

BWillie
07-26-2010, 12:27 PM
Technically hazing is probably against NFL guidelines...but come on. Dez Bryant....just carry the damn pads and stop making a fool of yourself

Wallcrawler
07-26-2010, 12:28 PM

Please, let us defer to your vast NFL experience, then.

He isnt disrespecting anyone. Maybe he's wiping his ass with tradition, but tradition isnt for everyone, nor is it in his contract.

Those of you that don't understand this don't know shit about alpha male mentality and are the true bitches.

Id say that if Roy wants Dez to carry his shit, he could try and make him carry it. Thats how alpha male mentality works. But it probably wont go that way. Roy will run and get 4 or 5 other dudes to help him get his payback for his imagined disrespect toward him.

Who's the true bitch then? The guy who says f*ck you, carry your own shit, or the guy who has to get 5 guys to help him make the guy do it?

In a brotherhood like that, you have to EARN the respect of the guys. Not the other way around.

All he really has to earn are his paychecks, and his incentives. You dont need respect to play in the NFL and be successful.

Why in the hell should someone earn the respect of Bryant? He hasn't done shit.

I wasnt aware that Bryant was asking for respect. He just told Williams to carry his own shit....and then he did. His feelings got all hurt and all that, and to top it off the guy is gonna take his job.

Im seeing the dude getting hog tied with duct tape and thrown in the Ice Bath in all honesty. Not much he can do to prevent that. You can physicly overpower someone with enough guys. But trying to make someone do something they dont want, like carry shit for them, good luck with that.

Like I said, tradition aint for everybody. Berry might love carrying other people's shit to the locker room. Apparently, Dez doesnt. But honestly, he's a Cowboy anyway, so if one of the grumpy vets decides to plant/injure their first rounder on the practice field because he showed some backbone, all the more entertaining for me.

loochy
07-26-2010, 12:29 PM

Good post.

Dayze
07-26-2010, 12:30 PM
good post Wallcrawler.

you stated it better than i did.

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-26-2010, 12:34 PM
Dallas is the douchiest organization in all of Pro Football. Someone needs to pour eleventybillion gallons of vinegar and water in to the roof of that billion dollar vagina they call a staduim.

SPATCH
07-26-2010, 01:32 PM
No, just bigger than Roy Williams.

That does not matter. Williams paid his dues like everyone else.

All of this shit they have to do, which seems trivial, is a test. Are you going to be a part of this team? Or are you just an individual? Can you be a humble part of a TEAM? Can you be trusted?

These teams have history and tradition. If you want to disrespect history and tradition... that's fine. Go ahead. Your ego is simply too big to humble yourself. Cool.

But what Dez is going to find out is that you show respect to get respect. That's universal in any all-male team or organization.

Suck it up kid. This thing is bigger than you.

DJ's left nut
07-26-2010, 01:42 PM

Exactly.

If McGraw hands Berry his pads, Berry's gonna carry them.

He'd do the same if were Brandon Flowers or Maurice Leggett.

It's essentially team building. It's good natured crap you get as the new kid and anyone with a head on their shoulders will understand that and treat it as such.

I'll bet Joe Montana carried somebody's pads during training camp. So did Jerry Rice. So did Barry Sanders and Ray Lewis.

This is bush league horseshit from Dez Bryant.

FAX
07-26-2010, 01:43 PM
The funny thing is that this whole story has been wrongly reported from the beginning and a mis-communication of Shakespearean proportions.

What Williams actually said was that he wanted Bryant to carry his "nads" back to the locker room ... not his "pads". Of course, Byant refused to carry his nads. What kind of request is that, anyhow? A real, actual, alpha-male man would not only carry his own nads, he wouldn't ask another guy to carry them for him. In fact, asking a guy to nad pack is considered a capital crime in some South American countries.

FAX

DJ's left nut
07-26-2010, 01:44 PM
If you want to buck the system then you think that you are bigger than the system. Plain and simple.

HA!!

Assholes like that are going to be the first people at the front of the line fucking with next season's noobs.

Bryant's a punk.

ModSocks
07-26-2010, 02:09 PM
Bryant will get his. Sure, maybe he doesn't carry Williams' pads, but before TC is over, he will get hazed somehow. It's not his choice. Every member of that team did it so what makes him think he's so special?

InChiefsHeaven
07-26-2010, 02:10 PM
Mark Schlereth (sp?) on ESPN seemed to think that it was a big deal, and that Bryant would pay, and that the vets will see to it. He thinks Dez was being a punk.

vailpass
07-26-2010, 02:39 PM

Who's the hillbilly?

TheGuardian
07-26-2010, 02:52 PM
Mark Schlereth (sp?) on ESPN seemed to think that it was a big deal, and that Bryant would pay, and that the vets will see to it. He thinks Dez was being a punk.

Pretty much all you need to know. Stinky is one of the few former players along with Rodney Harrison who will tell it like it is, rather than say the PC thing.

vailpass
07-26-2010, 02:59 PM
Pretty much all you need to know. Stinky is one of the few former players along with Rodney Harrison who will tell it like it is, rather than say the PC thing.

Yep.

Gravedigger
07-26-2010, 03:02 PM

Especially Roy Williams' pads, most overrated reciever for the past decade.

LiL stumppy
07-26-2010, 03:08 PM

Dipshit.. The only message he is implying is he's too good to get "hazed" like every single rookie out there.. He's a dipshit as well, and frankly I hope he doesn't last very long in the NFL.

KCrockaholic
07-26-2010, 03:11 PM
Dipshit.. The only message he is implying is he's too good to get "hazed" like every single rookie out there.. He's a dipshit as well, and frankly I hope he doesn't last very long in the NFL.

Hey hey. Eric Berry would carry somebody else's pads. He's not insecure with himself, don't put him in the same class as Dez Bryant.

kstater
07-26-2010, 03:13 PM
Dez better have his head on a swivel at the first contact practice.

Consistent1
07-26-2010, 03:49 PM
Some here crack me up. They take cracks at Dez, then say Berry this, Berry that. If Berry really did show up and tell McGraw fuck you and tell him to kiss his ass like that, the thread would be epic. I can hear stuff like "bad-ass dude", "here to win", "All-Pro for sure","Berry must be a racist...but this time I like it"...hahaha.....McGraw sucks, etc. For most likely damn near 100% of the thread. I went to Cowboys Forum and a lot of their fans do think it is funny. How he deals with the other guys is big. He signed early and apparently looks awesome. He will be somewhat hard to fuck with, as far as cheap shots...highly doubt it. Not after all this attention. Light him up fair, and it is just part of the game. He probably should have just done it, but he is there to beat the guy out of his job in his mind.

Los Pollos Hermanos
07-26-2010, 04:03 PM
Some here crack me up. They take cracks at Dez, then say Berry this, Berry that. If Berry really did show up and tell McGraw **** you and tell him to kiss his ass like that, the thread would be epic. I can hear stuff like "bad-ass dude", "here to win", "All-Pro for sure","Berry must be a racist...but this time I like it"...hahaha.....McGraw sucks, etc. For most likely damn near 100% of the thread. I went to Cowboys Forum and a lot of their fans do think it is funny. How he deals with the other guys is big. He signed early and apparently looks awesome. He will be somewhat hard to **** with, as far as cheap shots...highly doubt it. Not after all this attention. Light him up fair, and it is just part of the game. He probably should have just done it, but he is there to beat the guy out of his job in his mind.

So, you think that Chiefs fans would be biased toward a Chiefs player? That's an interesting theory, I've never heard of such a phenomenon.

It was a douche move by Dez and it would be a douche move "if" Berry did the same. But hypotheticals aside, Berry has no history of douche moves.

Consistent1
07-26-2010, 04:10 PM
I am not saying Berry would do it, but if he did, the tune would be so different. I wouldn't give a crap if Bryant came to KC and did it to Bowe, IF he was able to back it up.

Los Pollos Hermanos
07-26-2010, 04:18 PM
I am not saying Berry would do it, but if he did, the tune would be so different. I wouldn't give a crap if Bryant came to KC and did it to Bowe, IF he was able to back it up.

I didn't see many Chiefs fans defending Bowe when he made his stupid statements a few months ago.

KCBOSS1
07-26-2010, 04:20 PM
It doesn't matter who he is or what level he was drafted. I was watching the old Baltimore Ravens Hard Knocks and I'm sure it is with every team. They wouldn't put up with any crap from rookies. I think Sirgusa got like a $1000 signing bonus or something stupid like that. It just makes them more irritated when the first & 2nd Round guys bow up on tradition. Carrying pads ain't no big deal. I hope Whitten and the other vet players man up, back up Williams and stick this guy taped in the ice tub, then to the goal post, then drop their pads all over the field and make him pick them up. Bad sign for the character of Dez Bryant. Shut up, submit, carry pads and yes, I'll take lemon in my tea. He's gonna show up on IR before the first regular season game.

KCBOSS1
07-26-2010, 04:23 PM
Berry's no different....Shut up, submit, pick up pads, lunch trays at the camp buffet or whatever. No rookies are taken seriously by the vets until they can prove stay power.

petegz28
07-26-2010, 04:26 PM
Just carry the pads and STFU.....rookie!

RUSH
07-26-2010, 04:27 PM
Some here crack me up. They take cracks at Dez, then say Berry this, Berry that. If Berry really did show up and tell McGraw **** you and tell him to kiss his ass like that, the thread would be epic. I can hear stuff like "bad-ass dude", "here to win", "All-Pro for sure","Berry must be a racist...but this time I like it"...hahaha.....McGraw sucks, etc. For most likely damn near 100% of the thread. I went to Cowboys Forum and a lot of their fans do think it is funny. How he deals with the other guys is big. He signed early and apparently looks awesome. He will be somewhat hard to **** with, as far as cheap shots...highly doubt it. Not after all this attention. Light him up fair, and it is just part of the game. He probably should have just done it, but he is there to beat the guy out of his job in his mind.

I for one would call Berry a bitch just like I think Dez is. I would still be a big fan of the kid but I would definitely lose some respect for him. But it doesn't matter because Berry would never do an idiotic thing like this.

Whoever backs Dez up on this just doesn't get it and doesn't understand what being part of a team is all about. This is not about Roy Williams. There aren't many bonds stronger than a bond of a sports team. And for some punk ass rookie to put himself above the team in the 2nd day of camp shows what kind of guy this clown is. He just blew his team's trust and he will pay for it. Count on it. It will take A LOT to gain that trust back and the Cowboys will be worse because of it.

KCBOSS1
07-26-2010, 04:28 PM
Just carry the pads and STFU.....rookie!

this

Chief of State
07-26-2010, 04:34 PM
I hope the next practice they tie him up to the goal post, shave his head(too late for that)or just cover him in shaving cream and just leave him there all night.......GO CHIEFS, We are not getting any respect in the preview mags, don't need it, don't want it, going to take the league by suprise this year!

Bugeater
07-26-2010, 04:43 PM
I hope the next practice they tie him up to the goal post, shave his head(too late for that)or just cover him in shaving cream and just leave him there all night.......GO CHIEFS, We are not getting any respect in the preview mags, don't need it, don't want it, going to take the league by suprise this year!
Speaking of hazing...stfu and go make me a sammich, n00b.

kstater
07-26-2010, 04:45 PM
Let me know when you get your sandwich from him. :)

KCBOSS1
07-26-2010, 04:48 PM
Speaking of hazing...stfu and go make me a sammich, n00b.

I was wandering when something like that would pop up. That's a very kind hazing from the Planet compared to most n00b hazing

WilliamTheIrish
07-26-2010, 04:49 PM
Let me know when you get your sandwich from him. :)

I'll call his boss.

SPchief
07-26-2010, 04:52 PM

Super Bowl Bound Bitches!

Bearcat
07-26-2010, 05:09 PM
Eh who gives a shit.....this story wouldn't be blown up if this wasn't the Dallas Cowboys.

Unfortunately, I believe you are incorrect.... every year ESPN becomes more and more like TMZ, wanting to let everyone know the latest gossip and drama... especially at this time of year, when I'm sure they're chomping at the bit for any NFL 'news'.

I like how they had Herm come in to talk about 'how it's always been'... how fitting. Anyway, I get the whole 'knock the rookie down a peg' tradition stuff, but unless I missed it, the article doesn't mention that there was even an argument... and the 'step two' talk and so forth from Williams seems pretty light-hearted... but, I'm sure all 16 similar-format shows leading up to Sportscenter talked about it in the first 5 minutes. Yay ESPN!

Saul Good
07-26-2010, 05:31 PM
This is asinine.

People are saying that Dez Bryant doesn't want to be part of the team. It's pretty odd that he was the first first-rounder to sign a contract if this is true.

Roy Williams, meanwhile:
A. is the only one on the team bitching about this.
B. took it public with the media.
C. has talked about stealing credit cards and running up charges.

It sounds to me like Roy's not interested in helping to make Dez "one of the guys". He's out to push him around. I say good for Dez.

MadMax
07-26-2010, 05:51 PM
If I became a multi-millionaire I wouldn't carry jack shit for anybody unless I wanted to.

kstater
07-26-2010, 05:58 PM
This is asinine.

People are saying that Dez Bryant doesn't want to be part of the team. It's pretty odd that he was the first first-rounder to sign a contract if this is true.

Signing a contract does not make one part of the team.

Saul Good
07-26-2010, 06:01 PM
Signing a contract does not make one part of the team.

As a matter of fact, that's exactly what it does.

Mecca
07-26-2010, 06:04 PM
Roy Williams sees the writing on the wall, the drafting of Dez Bryant means his time there is about to end. He made this huge deal that he wanted to go back to Texas and he got that and has sucked balls ever since.

This is simply a guy being a dick to the guy he knows was drafted to replace him, that's nice. No one will remember this when Bryant has better numbers in 1 year than Williams has in his entire time as a Cowboy.

Saul Good
07-26-2010, 06:11 PM
Roy Williams sees the writing on the wall, the drafting of Dez Bryant means his time there is about to end. He made this huge deal that he wanted to go back to Texas and he got that and has sucked balls ever since.

This is simply a guy being a dick to the guy he knows was drafted to replace him, that's nice. No one will remember this when Bryant has better numbers in 1 year than Williams has in his entire time as a Cowboy.

Bingo. Don't think that Bryant doesn't know the score, either. If this had been some player playfully hazing him, that would be one thing. Bryant likely would have gone along with it.

I would wager that this was Williams being an asshole to the new kid, and the new kid punched him in the face.

If I was hired on with a new company that paid me a multimillion dollar signing bonus making me one of the highest paid employees in the company, I wouldn't put up with some washed-up asshole who was about to be fired for poor performance and whom I was hired to replace kick me around. He could kiss my ass.

Nzoner
07-26-2010, 06:24 PM
Bingo. Don't think that Bryant doesn't know the score, either. If this had been some player playfully hazing him, that would be one thing. Bryant likely would have gone along with it.

I would wager that this was Williams being an asshole to the new kid, and the new kid punched him in the face.

If I was hired on with a new company that paid me a multimillion dollar signing bonus making me one of the highest paid employees in the company, I wouldn't put up with some washed-up asshole who was about to be fired for poor performance and whom I was hired to replace kick me around. He could kiss my ass.

Can't believe I'm siding with Jim Rome on this but he said it best,Dez is not sending a message to Roy with his actions,he's sending a message to the other guys(Witten,Barber,Romo) that he thinks he's better than anyone and that's not a good way to start.

Saul Good
07-26-2010, 06:27 PM
If a white guy had told a black to carry his bags, the black guy said no, and the white guy made a big deal about it, this would be covered completely differently.

Saul Good
07-26-2010, 06:29 PM
Can't believe I'm siding with Jim Rome on this but he said it best,Dez is not sending a message to Roy with his actions,he's sending a message to the other guys(Witten,Barber,Romo) that he thinks he's better than anyone and that's not a good way to start.

If this was anybody on the team besides Roy Williams, I would agree. It's not, though. This is the very man Bryant was hired to replace trying to take Bryant down a couple of pegs. There's a reason the only person bitching is Roy Williams.

Mecca
07-26-2010, 06:29 PM
Why do I think that after the last 2 years the rest of the Cowboys players could give a shit about Roy Williams?

TheGuardian
07-26-2010, 06:31 PM
Well you've been so right about your takes on everything else.............oh wait.......

Nzoner
07-26-2010, 06:32 PM
If this was anybody on the team besides Roy Williams, I would agree. It's not, though. This is the very man Bryant was hired to replace trying to take Bryant down a couple of pegs. There's a reason the only person bitching is Roy Williams.

There's a reason it's a focking rite of passage no matter who's asking what,he's being a little bitch and if you don't think the other stars are taking notice then you must've not played much sports.

Saul Good
07-26-2010, 06:33 PM
Well you've been so right about your takes on everything else.............oh wait.......

Yeah, what an ass. He even predicted that Lesnar was going to lose his comeback bout. Instead, Lesnar choked a bitch until his eyes popped out of his skull.

TheGuardian
07-26-2010, 06:34 PM
Yeah, what an ass. He even predicted that Lesnar was going to lose his comeback bout. Instead, Lesnar choked a bitch until his eyes popped out of his skull.

Nevermind that you're over exaggerating to a degree that makes you look like a bitch. But you are what you are bitch.

Saul Good
07-26-2010, 06:37 PM
There's a reason it's a focking rite of passage no matter who's asking what,he's being a little bitch and if you don't think the other stars are taking notice then you must've not played much sports.

I must not have played sports because I don't blame Bryant for carrying some dipshit's pads? Good call.

Roy Williams wasn't interested in making Dez Bryant part of the team. He doesn't want Bryant anywhere near the team. That's why Williams went public with this. Williams is trying to f*** with Bryant, and Bryant's having none of it. This wasn't about camaraderie. This was about a guy who's almost run himself out of town already trying to hold on for another season by getting in Bryant's head.

Saul Good
07-26-2010, 06:39 PM
Nevermind that you're over exaggerating to a degree that makes you look like a bitch. But you are what you are bitch.

Oh no. I hope I don't get added to your sig line. I'm pretty sure Hamas and Mecca mainlined Dran-o after reading it.

Nzoner
07-26-2010, 06:42 PM
I must not have played sports because I don't blame Bryant for carrying some dipshit's pads? Good call.

Roy Williams wasn't interested in making Dez Bryant part of the team. He doesn't want Bryant anywhere near the team. That's why Williams went public with this. Williams is trying to f*** with Bryant, and Bryant's having none of it. This wasn't about camaraderie. This was about a guy who's almost run himself out of town already trying to hold on for another season by getting in Bryant's head.

Wow,you just don't get it,if Dez wanted to have none of it,Dez would've carried the pads like a good little rookie making RW think he was his bitch and then when the time came show him who's the bitch where it really counts.

FAX
07-26-2010, 06:48 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I would be very hesitant to bite into a N00b (sp?) sandwich.

FAX

Jim Jones
07-26-2010, 06:56 PM

Pay your dues. Humble yourself. Respect the past.

You are nothing without those who came before you.

It's ridiculous to think that not carrying the guy's pads means that Dez Bryant thinks he's bigger than the team. The "system" is stupid -- the only reason Roy Williams wants Dez Bryant to carry his pads is because someone made Roy Wiliams carry their pads when he was a rookie, and another player made that guy carry his pads when he was a rookie, and so on. There's no real benefit that comes from it. I'm sure if Roy Williams was nursing an injury or had his hands full and needed help getting his stuff to the locker room, Bryant would help him.

Mecca
07-26-2010, 07:19 PM
It's ridiculous to think that not carrying the guy's pads means that Dez Bryant thinks he's bigger than the team. The "system" is stupid -- the only reason Roy Williams wants Dez Bryant to carry his pads is because someone made Roy Wiliams carry their pads when he was a rookie, and another player made that guy carry his pads when he was a rookie, and so on. There's no real benefit that comes from it. I'm sure if Roy Williams was nursing an injury or had his hands full and needed help getting his stuff to the locker room, Bryant would help him.

It's all part of that stupid football culture stuff, you know the culture that says the guy who beats his wife is better than the guy who runs his mouth.

SAUTO
07-26-2010, 07:23 PM
It's all part of that stupid football culture stuff, you know the culture that says the guy who beats his wife is better than the guy who runs his mouth.

what the fuck?? where did that come from in this thread?
Posted via Mobile Device

Mecca
07-26-2010, 07:25 PM
what the fuck?? where did that come from in this thread?
Posted via Mobile Device

It's all a part of the same culture, that's how it fits in.

OnTheWarpath15
07-26-2010, 07:25 PM
He'll get his. I don't care whether it was Roy Williams or not. The other vets noticed.

And when they force Dez to take a group of vets out to dinner - and he won't get out of that one - guys are going to order ridiculous shit to make a point. And that wouldn't happen had Dez just rolled with it like everyone else has at that point of their careers.

Every guy before him paid his dues. Shit like this is part of being a rookie.

Declining to take part in any of it, regardless of how stupid it may be to some of you is only going to make it worse. Carrying pads will be the least of his concerns.

Bryant would be wise to do whatever is asked of him, and take it like a man. Just like the vets before him did.

KCBOSS1
07-26-2010, 07:29 PM
If I became a multi-millionaire I wouldn't carry jack shit for anybody unless I wanted to.

If I were a multi-millionaire veteran lineman or a linebacker and you were a rookie multi-millionaire WR, The other vets and I would tie you around a goal post like a pretzel and then you would carry whatever I told you to.

Brock
07-26-2010, 07:32 PM

Like you'd know with all your playing experience.

KCBOSS1
07-26-2010, 07:39 PM
Hazing is a breeze in professional sports. High School is brutal. Carrying pads, are you serious? An ice bath, taped to a goal post? Singing the college fight song in the cafeteria?....that's just simple rookie rite of passage. High School = the bus or lockerroom beat down...lining up in your underwear as freshman while the seniors take a stick to prod you to find out if you have completed puberty.....being dropped head first in your underwear through the school sticker bushes....Ahhhh now that's some good initation right there.

Come on Dez....just pick up the pads or the jock or whatever. quit whining you 22 year old, ain't never worked a day in your life multi-millionaire spoiled panzy.

Mecca
07-26-2010, 07:41 PM
I obviously have no idea what I'm talking about right..
"I don't need a guy like T.O. in the locker room. I don't need that virus like that. The guy destroyed two locker rooms already and it's only a matter of time before it happens again."

McMichael, speaking on 790 The Ticket (WAXY-AM), then added:

"I just don't want him to mess up everything we built down here."

And he was praised for this, a wife beater calling out a big mouth dude as being a bad guy is somehow a good thing.

SAUTO
07-26-2010, 08:01 PM
It's all a part of the same culture, that's how it fits in.

lol wow

ok

i dont see how the two are related AT ALL sorry.
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
07-26-2010, 08:07 PM
I obviously have no idea what I'm talking about right..
"I don't need a guy like T.O. in the locker room. I don't need that virus like that. The guy destroyed two locker rooms already and it's only a matter of time before it happens again."

McMichael, speaking on 790 The Ticket (WAXY-AM), then added:

"I just don't want him to mess up everything we built down here."

And he was praised for this, a wife beater calling out a big mouth dude as being a bad guy is somehow a good thing.

what does a domestic matter have to do with a team matter.

the two arent equal no matter how much youu want to act as though they are.

now if mcmichael was dating another player and beat him up....

that would be somewhat the same i guess...
Posted via Mobile Device

Mecca
07-26-2010, 08:14 PM
It's the point that football culture is fucking retarded sometimes.

SAUTO
07-26-2010, 08:17 PM
It's the point that football culture is fucking retarded sometimes.

how is that the point?

players dont give a shit about what a player does away from the team.

again a PERSONAL matter doesnt have anything to do with a team.

say the same thing all you want it doesnt make it right.
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
07-26-2010, 08:20 PM
how do you equate a guy having a domestic assualt to a guy who has fucked up the chemistry of just about every team hes ever played for.

and then in this thread too.
Posted via Mobile Device

MadMax
07-26-2010, 08:26 PM
If I were a multi-millionaire veteran lineman or a linebacker and you were a rookie multi-millionaire WR, The other vets and I would tie you around a goal post like a pretzel and then you would carry whatever I told you to.

Ewwww OK Hotshot, I don't think so. Maybe I'd go along with the program, but YOU would never tell me jack squat. You would definitely need back up. Ahhh I'll never be a multi-millionaire anything so this point is moot :) I do see the other side I was just saying.

SPATCH
07-26-2010, 08:40 PM

I don't want to pull the "you never played" card, but...... yeah.... you probably never played. If he doesn't carry a vet's pads when asked, then yes, the message he sends to the team is that he is bigger than the team. He is above everybody in the fact that he doesn't have to do what everybody else had to do. He's special.

Here's something to think about:

Which group utilizes hazing more than any other? Oh yeah, that's right.... the military.

Are they ever going to be told that what they are doing is "ridiculous" or that they should stop? No. Why? Because it's tried and true, and it works.

The NFL does it in a much tamer fashion, but the end result is the same. You fall into line and do what you are told.

FAX
07-26-2010, 09:08 PM
what does a domestic matter have to do with a team matter.

the two arent equal no matter how much youu want to act as though they are.

now if mcmichael was dating another player and beat him up....

that would be somewhat the same i guess...
Posted via Mobile Device

I don't want to pull the "you never smacked your wife up side the head with a frozen Tilapia fillet" card, but I will.

Marriage is a team effort. If your wife doesn't want to do what all the other wives who came before her have done (and done willingly), it's like saying she's better than all those other women. Attitudes like that cause untold globs of discord and disrupt team cohesiveness. And damn it all, when the marital team is discordant and discoheved, the dang family unit breaks down. And when the dang family unit breaks down, society breaks down. That's when you open the freezer door and you ain't goin' for ice cream either, baby.

FAX

SAUTO
07-26-2010, 09:15 PM
I don't want to pull the "you never smacked your wife up side the head with a frozen Tilapia fillet" card, but I will.

Marriage is a team effort. If your wife doesn't want to do what all the other wives who came before her have done (and done willingly), it's like saying she's better than all those other women. Attitudes like that cause untold globs of discord and disrupt team cohesiveness. And damn it all, when the marital team is discordant and discoheved, the dang family unit breaks down. And when the dang family unit breaks down, society breaks down. That's when you open the freezer door and you ain't goin' for ice cream either, baby.

FAX

cool cool faxy

but where the hell did that come from??
Posted via Mobile Device

FAX
07-26-2010, 09:23 PM
cool cool faxy

but where the hell did that come from??
Posted via Mobile Device

It's an excerpt from "The Road Less Traveled" by M. Scott Peck.

Good read.

FAX

Nzoner
07-26-2010, 09:41 PM
He'll get his. I don't care whether it was Roy Williams or not. The other vets noticed.

And when they force Dez to take a group of vets out to dinner - and he won't get out of that one - guys are going to order ridiculous shit to make a point. And that wouldn't happen had Dez just rolled with it like everyone else has at that point of their careers.

Every guy before him paid his dues. Shit like this is part of being a rookie.

Declining to take part in any of it, regardless of how stupid it may be to some of you is only going to make it worse. Carrying pads will be the least of his concerns.

Bryant would be wise to do whatever is asked of him, and take it like a man. Just like the vets before him did.

Finally,another voice of reason.

Jim Jones
07-26-2010, 09:44 PM
I don't want to pull the "you never played" card, but...... yeah.... you probably never played. If he doesn't carry a vet's pads when asked, then yes, the message he sends to the team is that he is bigger than the team. He is above everybody in the fact that he doesn't have to do what everybody else had to do. He's special.

Here's something to think about:

Which group utilizes hazing more than any other? Oh yeah, that's right.... the military.

Are they ever going to be told that what they are doing is "ridiculous" or that they should stop? No. Why? Because it's tried and true, and it works.

The NFL does it in a much tamer fashion, but the end result is the same. You fall into line and do what you are told.

I played baseball in high school l and then covered a pretty big D1 college football team for my school paper while in college, so I've spent plenty of time around sports and football teams, thank you very much. My time spent around football is how I know this "system" people keep talking about is so stupid.

I remember the team I covered in college had a pretty big time, highly-touted freshman cornerback enrolling there on my first year on the football beat. Some of the upperclassmen in the secondary did something that wasn't too heinous to him - I think they took all his stuff after practice and made him go back to his dorm naked or something. Anyway, he got really pissed and the next day, approached the ringleader of it and basically checked him and told him he wasn't having any of it. I found about this a few weeks after it happened so I what the immediate ramifications were for it, but I do know that the player I'm referring to ended up having a pretty good career and was considered a team leader by the time he left school.

If Roy Williams wants to respect Dez Bryant, he should respect him for signing early, showing up to practice early, leaving late and working his butt off. His respect for the guy shouldn't hinge on whether he not he carries on some stupid tradition that isn't around for any particular reason.

Besides, if Dez DID carry Roy's pads, what would it prove? That Bryant looks up to him and respects him and knows he's in charge? He would only be doing it to humor the guy, nothing more. It's just pointless.

RJ
07-26-2010, 10:01 PM

FAX

I get so damn tired of FAX holding the "you never smacked your wife up side the head with a frozen Tilapia fillet" over our collective head.

I'm not into health food. I prefer to smack my wife upside the head with a box of frozen White Castle burgers. Excuse me for not being all politically correct and stuff.

SPATCH
07-26-2010, 10:10 PM
I played baseball in high school l and then covered a pretty big D1 college football team for my school paper while in college, so I've spent plenty of time around sports and football teams, thank you very much. My time spent around football is how I know this "system" people keep talking about is so stupid.

I remember the team I covered in college had a pretty big time, highly-touted freshman cornerback enrolling there on my first year on the football beat. Some of the upperclassmen in the secondary did something that wasn't too heinous to him - I think they took all his stuff after practice and made him go back to his dorm naked or something. Anyway, he got really pissed and the next day, approached the ringleader of it and basically checked him and told him he wasn't having any of it. I found about this a few weeks after it happened so I what the immediate ramifications were for it, but I do know that the player I'm referring to ended up having a pretty good career and was considered a team leader by the time he left school.

If Roy Williams wants to respect Dez Bryant, he should respect him for signing early, showing up to practice early, leaving late and working his butt off. His respect for the guy shouldn't hinge on whether he not he carries on some stupid tradition that isn't around for any particular reason.

Besides, if Dez DID carry Roy's pads, what would it prove? That Bryant looks up to him and respects him and knows he's in charge? He would only be doing it to humor the guy, nothing more. It's just pointless.

You're really not putting it together. I've already spelled this out multiple times in the thread.

Maybe you can understand this: How do you go through a rite of passage...... WHEN YOU SKIP THE FUCKING PASSAGE?

It doesn't matter how trivial the task seems to you. It's not the task itself, it's the reason behind it (which Dez, and you, obviously don't understand)

Did you play baseball with upperclassman as a Freshman in high school? Surely you had to carry the BP balls or shag homerun balls during games or something. I sure as shit did.

SPATCH
07-26-2010, 10:13 PM
I get so damn tired of FAX holding the "you never smacked your wife up side the head with a frozen Tilapia fillet" over our collective head.

I'm not into health food. I prefer to smack my wife upside the head with a box of frozen White Castle burgers. Excuse me for not being all politically correct and stuff.

Oooooo I love "and stuff".. I want to bring that back. Can we bring that back?

ArrowheadMagic
07-26-2010, 10:20 PM
Point of it, is to show respect for the guys that played before you, paved the way for you to make your millions.

Red Dawg
07-27-2010, 04:58 AM

I am with you 100%. Fugg that shit.

LaChapelle
07-27-2010, 05:21 AM
Humility was an admired trait when america was great
Selfishness somehow became a sign of manhood
idiots and their false idols

FAX
07-27-2010, 06:06 AM

Very true, Mr. <del>blueballs</del> LaChapelle. Very true.

Although there were also megalomaniacs back in the days of yore, I don't think they were publicly esteemed to the extent they are today. And even though guys like George Washington and John Adams and Ol' Honest Abe and Herb Alpert (and all the Tijuana Brass guys, for that matter) had a lot on the ball, they also endeared themselves to the people by comporting themselves with humility and humbletude.

FAX

TheGuardian
07-27-2010, 06:22 AM

Excellent post and helps you to spot the first class bitches in this thread as well.

That'd be the "Dez shouldn't have to carry his shoulder pads" crowd.........

Jim Jones
07-27-2010, 12:45 PM
Great article on the subject - http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AoAkRKt4YMwH1d7m4kDp4NA5nYcB?slug=lc-bryanthazing072710

It took one practice for Dez Bryant(notes), supposedly too immature to play in the NFL, to reveal the childishness of a tradition that long lost its relevance.

Somehow, through the fog of old football players warbling their embellished yarns about days long forgotten and contrived vignettes on “Hard Knocks,” a notion has formed that rookie football players need to be treated like laboratory test animals to gain respect. This includes such time-honored traditions as charging exorbitant meal sums on the rookie’s credit card, duct-taping him to a goalpost or turning him into a football Friday.

Team bonding they say.

It was in this spirit of camaraderie that Dallas Cowboys receiver Roy Williams – he of just 57 catches so far in his time with the team – ordered Bryant to carry his shoulder pads off the field after Sunday’s training camp workout.

Thank goodness Bryant refused because this needs to stop.

“I’m trying to win a championship, not carry players’ pads,” Bryant later told reporters on the side of the field.

When pressed on the issue Bryant added: “it’s not about playing games, it’s about doing the right thing and try to achieve our goal.”

This, of course, has brought Bryant considerable scorn by those who have decided that his refusal to humiliate himself is irresponsible and will tear apart the Cowboys locker room.

“Picking up some bills, having a few pranks pulled on u n doing some odd jobs for the vets is a small price to pay to gain respect,” Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rogers wrote on Twitter.

As if there’s dignity in being tied to a goalpost.

Maybe in the days long ago when players went by names like “Bronco” and played together on the same team for years, worked second jobs in the winter and spring, and then drank as one in the local watering holes, hazing had its place. But back then the idea of team was an eternal one. The same group lasted for several seasons – banging heads in the afternoon, then clinking mugs in the evening. There was no free agency. Like it or not, they were together for years and it was essential to build that unity.

But today’s players are independent contractors, subject to the whims of the salary cap and a coach’s need at the moment. Players whip in and out of locker rooms so fast many of them barely get to know the man on the next stool before his jersey is gone and a new teammate is pulling cleats from a bag.

Teams are made on the fly, thrown together in meeting rooms and sealed on a few scrimmages on the practice field – not by making rookies act like personal valets.

And yet football persists as if training camp is the Sigma Chi house.

Last summer, not long after head of the NFL Players Association DeMaurice Smith begged his constituents to start saving 25 percent of their money in preparation for a potential looming lockout, the San Diego Chargers treated themselves to a $14,508.67 dinner at the expense of first-round pick Larry English(notes). If English was upset about this development, his teammate Shawne Merriman(notes) offered comfort by claiming to have picked up a $32,000 tab run up by fellow Chargers in his rookie season.

The Chargers, properly bonded as a team by English’s generosity, lost three of their first five games.

Twelve years ago, in a hazing ritual that still defies explanation, several New Orleans Saints players forced rookies to put pillowcases over their heads and run a gauntlet of trusted older teammates who smacked them with bags of coins. One player wound up with blurred vision; another had a broken nose.

“My worst street fight when I was a little kid wasn’t this bad,” Jeff Danish, one of the injured players, told the New York Times.

Of course that Saints team went 6-10.

At some point you would think athletes would understand the emptiness of their hazing. In recent years baseball players seem to have taken great joy in forcing their rookie teammates to walk through airports in the most ridiculous of costumes as if dressing each other in Hooters-girl outfits seals a male bond and builds a team.

Mostly what happens is a bunch of players who won’t be on the team in a few weeks humiliate a bunch of players who won’t be on the team in a few weeks. And that makes a team?

Funny how it took Dez Bryant, known in college for his tardiness and general lack of preparedness for adulthood, to show the Cowboys how childish they have been.

“It’s not about playing games.”

Maybe the Cowboys, January’s losers too many times these last few years, will finally learn that.

vailpass
07-27-2010, 12:49 PM
Great article on the subject - slug=lc-bryanthazing072710

Written by the same people who advocate participation trophies, no grades in class and not keeping score in games so nobody loses.

Nzoner
07-27-2010, 12:50 PM
Written by the same people who advocate participation trophies, no grades in class and not keeping score in games so nobody loses.

This

Jim Jones
07-27-2010, 12:54 PM

Does the article make too much sense for you?

OnTheWarpath15
07-27-2010, 12:57 PM
All I got from that piece is that Les Carpenter never played a down of football in his life, and that Aaron Rodgers gets it.

Every player in the league has been where Bryant is now. And the overwhelming majority of them shut their mouths, did what was asked and paid their dues.

There's a pecking order on every NFL roster - and the sooner Bryant realizes and accepts that he's at the bottom of it, the better off he'll be.

AndChiefs
07-27-2010, 12:58 PM
Great article on the subject

I generally take all my sports and team building advice from writers who don't know how to spell Aaron Rodgers name.

Nzoner
07-27-2010, 01:00 PM
Funny how it took Dez Bryant, known in college for his tardiness and general lack of preparedness for adulthood, to show the Cowboys how childish they have been.

“It’s not about playing games.”

Maybe the Cowboys, January’s losers too many times these last few years, will finally learn that

:rolleyes:

This is such bullshit

OnTheWarpath15
07-27-2010, 01:01 PM
I generally take all my sports and team building advice from writers who don't know how to spell Aaron Rodgers name.

LMAO

Jim Jones
07-27-2010, 01:02 PM
All I got from that piece is that Les Carpenter never played a down of football in his life, and that Aaron Rodgers gets it.

Every player in the league has been where Bryant is now. And the overwhelming majority of them shut their mouths, did what was asked and paid their dues.

There's a pecking order on every NFL roster - and the sooner Bryant realizes and accepts that he's at the bottom of it, the better off he'll be.

I figured the "He's never played football!" response was coming soon. The article is dead-on correct. How many times do we hear NFL players talking about how it's all a "business" and they have to look out for themselves? This idea that it's the 70s and you have to build this team unity with guys you'll be spending your entire career with is something old timers still try to cling to. Half the guys trying to haze Dez Bryant won't even be on the team in another year or two.

Anyway, for the "never played football" guys, you do realize Dez Bryant has played football his entire life right? High school and college, where plenty of hazing goes on? So I'm sure this isn't the first time someone has asked him to carry shoulder pads or do something else. Nobody knows exactly what the situation was between him and Roy, but from what I've been able to gather around the Internet, all the old relics who are still clinging to their playing days of yesteryear seem to be getting a lot more worked up over it than anyone on that team actually is.

Nzoner
07-27-2010, 01:07 PM
from what I've been able to gather around the Internet, all the old relics who are still clinging to their playing days of yesteryear seem to be getting a lot more worked up over it than anyone on that team actually is.

Yeah Aaron Rodgers is an old relic....okay.

“Picking up some bills, having a few pranks pulled on u n doing some odd jobs for the vets is a small price to pay to gain respect,” Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rogers wrote on Twitter.

Jim Jones
07-27-2010, 01:09 PM
Yeah Aaron Rodgers is an old relic....okay.

Doesn't mean it's the only way to gain respect. I'm sure if Dez Bryant goes out and digests the playbook, runs all the right routes, catches everything thrown to him and has a great rookie season, Tony Romo is going to say, "Yeah, that's cool dude..but I really don't trust or respect you because you didn't carry Roy's pads"

KCUnited
07-27-2010, 02:16 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Dez-Bryant-and-Roy-Williams-work-out-their-pads-?urn=nfl-258531

From Cowboys Corner at Star-Telegram.com:

"I didn't, I didn't know," Bryant said. "And like I told Roy, if I knew that situation was going to turn out this big he could have walked in with his tights on. I would have took his shoulder pads, his pants, his helmet, his socks, his shoes. I would have took everything."

[...]

"I have been trying to do the right thing," Bryant said. "Y'all are trying to turn it into something negative. I am going to continue to do the right thing. Everybody on the team likes me, and I like everybody on the team. Y'all are trying to put me and Roy against each other. That is not going to happen. We are trying to do something real special here. We are going to continue to keep trying to do that."

vailpass
07-27-2010, 03:03 PM
Does the article make too much sense for you?

What's that hillbilly boy, could you spit the hayseed out of your mouth?

OnTheWarpath15
07-27-2010, 03:05 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Dez-Bryant-and-Roy-Williams-work-out-their-pads-?urn=nfl-258531

From Cowboys Corner at Star-Telegram.com:

"I didn't, I didn't know," Bryant said. "And like I told Roy, if I knew that situation was going to turn out this big he could have walked in with his tights on. I would have took his shoulder pads, his pants, his helmet, his socks, his shoes. I would have took everything."

[...]

"I have been trying to do the right thing," Bryant said. "Y'all are trying to turn it into something negative. I am going to continue to do the right thing. Everybody on the team likes me, and I like everybody on the team. Y'all are trying to put me and Roy against each other. That is not going to happen. We are trying to do something real special here. We are going to continue to keep trying to do that."

LMAO

He didn't know.

Maybe they should move Dez to CB. He's damn good at backpedaling.

Jim Jones
07-27-2010, 03:57 PM
I've never seen so much hatred for a guy who has done so little to deserve it. People just love to pile on. It's human nature I guess. This guy is going to make a lot of people eat their words if he goes all Randy Moss on the NFL this season.

OnTheWarpath15
07-27-2010, 04:15 PM
I've never seen so much hatred for a guy who has done so little to deserve it. People just love to pile on. It's human nature I guess. This guy is going to make a lot of people eat their words if he goes all Randy Moss on the NFL this season.

"Goes all Randy Moss?"

Like lighting it up on the field, then hitting a traffic cop with his car?

Why would I eat my words? I can absolutely see that happening.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
07-27-2010, 04:18 PM
Played plenty of sports and never was hazed. (Football, baseball, basketball, track)

Served my time in the military, never put up with hazing in my unit once I made rank.

Thought any hazing that was allowed at a military school was a crock of shit that only allowed people who didn't have any balls to throw their weight around because they could hide behind their rank/position. (A few found out they were wrong - but that's neither here or there.)

But, by all means, believe what you wish.

SAUTO
07-27-2010, 04:21 PM
"Goes all Randy Moss?"

and what does the "hitting a traffic cop with his car" have to do with anything?

Jim Jones
07-27-2010, 04:21 PM
"Goes all Randy Moss?"

You're really reaching here. Maybe you should just stop while you're behind.

OnTheWarpath15
07-27-2010, 04:32 PM
and what does the "hitting a traffic cop with his car" have to do with anything?

You might want to google, "Randy Moss traffic cop."

Then you'll see why comparing him to Moss in an attempt to defend his immaturity issues was pretty comical.

Let's compare a kid with talent but with maturity issues to another WR that had a ton of talent coming out, along with maturity issues.

OnTheWarpath15
07-27-2010, 04:33 PM
You're really reaching here. Maybe you should just stop while you're behind.

Yeah, I'm reaching.

Two WR's that have a ton of talent, but have some maturity issues.

I'm way off base.

Jim Jones
07-27-2010, 04:36 PM
Yeah, I'm reaching.

Two WR's that have a ton of talent, but have some maturity issues.

I'm way off base.

It is reaching a just a LIIIIITTLE bit, considering Dez Bryant has never been arrested or had any legal issues. In fact, most of his "maturity issues" seem to be far overblown. Can you list some of the horrible things he's done in his career that make him such a locker room splitting, cancer of a teammate?

OnTheWarpath15
07-27-2010, 04:55 PM
It is reaching a just a LIIIIITTLE bit, considering Dez Bryant has never been arrested or had any legal issues. In fact, most of his "maturity issues" seem to be far overblown. Can you list some of the horrible things he's done in his career that make him such a locker room splitting, cancer of a teammate?

You're right, he hasn't had any legal issues. He's just immature. Which could or could not lead to bigger issues.

Let's start with putting himself before his teammates:

Met with an agent while still in college.
Lied to the NCAA when asked about the meeting.
Was suspended for rest of college season.

Ironically, he proceeded to HIRE said agent.

Let's move on to his immaturity:

Blew off the combine because he wasn't ready.
Blew off his first scheduled pro day because he wasn't ready.
Puts out a bogus report that he had just run a 4.32, yet no one can confirm it.
Finally "performs" for scouts, running a 4.52 WITH the wind.
Then claims he forgot his favorite cleats as an excuse why he ran a poor time.
Thought it was a good idea to attend Pacman Jones' workout and "show his support."
Thought it was wise to ignore the request of a veteran player on his first day of camp.

If that isn't enough, his own coach called him a quitter according to Matt Hayes of the Sporting News. From just before the draft:

Just saw Matt Hayes of The Sporting News make this comment on NFLN:

I think with Dez, the biggest red flag for me with Dez, here's a guy whose coach admitted - his coach in college, Mike Gundy admitted - that he quit. He quit in games, he didn't block enough, he didn't block downfield, he quit in practices, he quit when he was working out in his pro day. That to me is a huge red flag.

If Mike Gundy is telling scouts that Bryant is a quitter, no wonder 10 teams (allegedly) have dropped him from their boards.

Queue NJChief to tell us that college coaches throwing their own players under the bus is par for the course this time of year.

Sounds like just another selfish, self-absorbed, immature kid to me who needs to prove he's past all of that and is going to shut his mouth, work hard and pay his dues.

SAUTO
07-27-2010, 05:06 PM
You might want to google, "Randy Moss traffic cop."

Then you'll see why comparing him to Moss in an attempt to defend his immaturity issues was pretty comical.

Let's compare a kid with talent but with maturity issues to another WR that had a ton of talent coming out, along with maturity issues.

i know about the traffic cop issue already.
just thought your comparison didnt compute. i dont see how something in his private life matters.

now fake mooning the fans.....
that would have worked for you.
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
07-27-2010, 05:07 PM
You're right, he hasn't had any legal issues. He's just immature. Which could or could not lead to bigger issues.

Thought it was a good idea to attend Pacman Jones' workout and "show his support."
Thought it was wise to ignore the request of a veteran player on his first day of camp.

If that isn't enough, his own coach called him a quitter according to Matt Hayes of the Sporting News. From just before the draft:

Sounds like just another selfish, self-absorbed, immature kid to me who needs to prove he's past all of that and is going to shut his mouth, work hard and pay his dues.

good post.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
07-27-2010, 05:29 PM

Kind of off topic...but what about Pete Carroll saying that Sanchez wasn't ready to go pro? Why would you believe Gundy, but not Carroll?

Jim Jones
07-27-2010, 05:53 PM

Uh, no. He was suspended for the season because he failed to disclose all the details of his relationship with Deion Sanders to the NCAA.

LOL @ "blew off" - first of all, that was the Oklahoma State pro day, not specifically HIS pro day. He didn't feel he was ready to participate in it and held his own workout later. Same goes for the combine. I don't know how closely you follow the draft, but he's not the first person to choose not to participate in the NFL combine and he certainly won't be the last.

You mean an NFL prospect's camp inflated their clients athletic abilities? YOU DON'T SAY. THAT NEVER HAPPENS!

OK, so he didn't have a spectacular workout and..that's a sign of immaturity?

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4669730/dez-bryant-no-longer-with-under-armour

"Bryant never did like the shoes. He took them off during his pro day in Lufkin, Texas because he kept slipping. He finished his workout in Nike."

That was not smart.

Not a big deal to me and obviously not to a lot of other people either.

And who the hell is Matt Hayes again and why should I care what about him or his rumors? I don't recall ever seeing a negative quote from Mike Gundy about Dez Bryant.

Seems like a 21-year-old who may not always make the brightest decisions, but most of these "maturity issues" you brought up seem fairly harmless to me. There are a lot of scumbags in pro sports, but having all this vigor and hatred toward a kid who all things considered, seems to be a pretty decent guy who loves playing football, is more immature than anything you mentioned in your post.

Reerun_KC
07-27-2010, 05:56 PM
Nice to see Dez Bryant is still making bad decessions....

Something will never change... This is just like watching a train wreck, you cant look away... Tons of talent but the brain of a cow....

Sweet Daddy Hate
07-27-2010, 05:59 PM

LMAO I can appreciate this.

vailpass
07-27-2010, 06:04 PM
Is Jim Jones Dez Bryant's mom or his girlfriend?

Jim Jones
07-27-2010, 06:06 PM

Just a guy who doesn't get his rocks off from crucifying 21-year-old's on the Internet.

Saulbadguy
07-27-2010, 06:06 PM

I don't know, but I like his signature.

vailpass
07-27-2010, 06:20 PM
Just a guy who doesn't get his rocks off from crucifying 21-year-old's on the Internet.

Stop drinking the kool aid

*okay that was not as funny once I saw it in writing