PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Missouri woman and Girls Gone Wild lawsuit.

googlegoogle
07-28-2010, 07:47 PM
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/metro/article_30865bcc-95eb-11df-9734-00127992bc8b.html

You always wonder what happened to those girls.

Mo. woman loses lawsuit over 'Girls Gone Wild’ video

<!--http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/global/resources/images/160_600.gif
--> <!-- Handmark, Inc. START --> ST. LOUIS -- A jury on Thursday rejected a young woman's claim that the producers of a "Girls Gone Wild" video damaged her reputation by showing her tank top being pulled down by another person in a Laclede's Landing bar.
A St. Louis Circuit Court jury deliberated 90 minutes before ruling against the woman, 26, on the third day of the trial. Lawyers on both sides argued the key issue was consent, with her side saying she absolutely refused to give it and the defense claiming she silently approved by taking part in the party.
The woman, identified in court files as Jane Doe, was 20 when she went to the former Rum Jungle bar in May 2004 and was filmed by a "Girls Gone Wild" video photographer. Now married, the mother of two girls and living in the St. Charles area, Doe sued in 2008 after a friend of her husband's reported that she was in one of the videos.
"I am stunned that this company can get away with this," Doe said after the verdict. "Justice has not been served. I just don't understand. I gave no consent."
But Patrick O'Brien, the jury foreman, told a reporter later that an 11-member majority decided that Doe had in effect consented by being in the bar and dancing for the photographer. In a trial such as this one, agreement by nine of 12 jurors is enough for a verdict.
"Through her actions, she gave implied consent," O'Brien said. "She was really playing to the camera. She knew what she was doing."
Told of that reasoning, the tearful woman said, "I was having fun until my top was pulled off. And now this thing is out there for the world to see forever."
David A. Dalton II of St. Peters, lawyer for the defendants, said, "The jury listened to the evidence and made the right decision." Dalton said he knew before the trial began that the general reputation of "Girls Gone Wild" videos presented him with a challenge.
Crews that produce them travel to taverns, beaches and other tourist spots and publicly encourage young women to disrobe. The videos include other sexually charged episodes.
The woman's lawyers had asked for about $5 million, including the $1.5 million they estimated the company has made on the video in question, called "Girls Gone Wild Sorority Orgy."
Stephen Evans of St. Louis, her lawyer, argued Thursday that Doe never gave consent — and even could be heard in original footage saying "no" when asked to show her breasts shortly before another woman suddenly pulled Doe's top down. Evans said the company usually gets women to sign consent forms or give verbal consent with cameras rolling.
"Other girls said it was OK. Not one other one said, 'No, no,'" Evans said. "She is entitled to go out with friends and have a good time and not have her top pulled down and get that in a video."
Doe filed suit against MRA Holding LLC and Mantra Films Inc. of Tulsa, Okla. No executives testified.
---------
Robert Patrick of the Post-Dispatch contributed to this report.

Buck
07-28-2010, 07:57 PM
Thread.
Worthless.
Without.
Pics.

Valiant
07-28-2010, 08:02 PM
Girl I dated in college was on ggw: games edition.. She is on the cover.. Bet she regrets that now.. Probably why she lives in Canada now..

RedNFeisty
07-28-2010, 08:07 PM
If she is cute, I'm sure she will get a playboy deal out of all this. Bitch needs to stop whining.

googlegoogle
07-28-2010, 08:10 PM
Thread.
Worthless.
Without.
Pics.

Don't know which vid.

:hmmm:

CoMoChief
07-28-2010, 08:17 PM
some of those girls are gross. I knew a guy that dated a girl on the "doggystyle" (Snoop Dog one) video...she was kinda fat and had bologna nips. gross.....Im surprised they didnt edit her out of the video. I would have cut that shit out faster than speed of light.

Mecca
07-28-2010, 08:17 PM
Showing your boobs is not the end of the world, chill the fuck out.

FAX
07-28-2010, 08:24 PM
"I was having fun until my top was pulled off."

That's what they all say.

Still, I can see her point ... er ... points.

FAX

Bugeater
07-28-2010, 08:26 PM
"I was having fun until my top was pulled off."

That's what they all say.

Still, I can see her point ... er ... points.

FAX
You have the video in question?

Buck
07-28-2010, 08:27 PM
Girl I dated in college was on ggw: games edition.. She is on the cover.. Bet she regrets that now.. Probably why she lives in Canada now..

Which one is she?

NSFW-ish

http://www.pixhost.org/thumbs/61/74968_87_b.jpg

FAX
07-28-2010, 08:30 PM
You have the video in question?

I have the "Girls Gone Disheveled" version.

FAX

Bugeater
07-28-2010, 08:36 PM
In all seriousness, I think the lady should've gotten a little cash, but not 5 fucking million dollars.

boogblaster
07-28-2010, 08:42 PM
girl gone broke

Valiant
07-29-2010, 01:04 PM
Which one is she?

NSFW-ish

http://www.pixhost.org/thumbs/61/74968_87_b.jpg

Check your rep message for answer..

Radar Chief
07-29-2010, 01:14 PM
Sounds to me like her problem should be with the person that pulled her top down, but they probably don’t have pockets as deep as GGW’s.

JohnnyV13
07-29-2010, 01:20 PM
GGW is the entity that published the video without consent.

I don't understand how the jury decided it, other than they thought she was greedy and trashy so they didn't want to give her money.

Sofa King
07-29-2010, 01:23 PM

well shit man, now you got me wondering which one...

teedubya
07-29-2010, 02:02 PM
Boobs. Boobs. Boobs. Boobs.

quite being a prude.
and show us your boobs.

Boobs. Boobs. Boobs. Boobs.

SDChiefs
07-29-2010, 02:21 PM
She doesn't deserve that much money but if they caught her on camera saying that she did not give consent, how did she not win?

ModSocks
07-29-2010, 02:33 PM

WTF man.

We're a family here. Tell us all!

Skyy God
07-29-2010, 02:51 PM
I don't understand how the jury decided it, other than they thought she was greedy and trashy so they didn't want to give her money.

The fact that she lives in St. Charles answers that question. ;)

Went to grad school with this girl, who, apparently, was in a New Orleans edition of GGW. Likely Mardi Gras Madness, based on when she graduated college.

Fat Elvis
07-29-2010, 03:15 PM
I have no comprehension of how they (GGW) make any money with all the free pics/vids/whatever on the internet.

BWillie
07-29-2010, 03:17 PM
And all she got is that lousy t-shirt.

kstater
07-29-2010, 04:05 PM
I don't know why she thought she wouldn't be videotaped at a GGW party.

ModSocks
07-29-2010, 04:08 PM

while the camera is watching her dance....

Ugly Duck
07-29-2010, 04:11 PM

Dude... all she was doing was happily bumping & grinding away in a tank top without a bra for the GGW cameras. How was she supposed to know that the cameras had film in them?

seaofred
07-29-2010, 04:12 PM
It was all part of her evil plan. She set GGW up from the start.

CosmicPal
07-29-2010, 04:13 PM

True. They have this enormous bus sitting out front with GGW plastered all over it. They have a camera crew inside. They hand out free t-shirts and videos. So, I find it rather difficult for her to act like she didn't know what was going on.

The key to why she lost is that she was posturing herself in the film- she was enjoying the fact that she was being filmed. So, she had a wardrobe malfunction, so to speak. It was just a boob shot. Get over it. It's not like you were filmed licking the butt of another girl or something.

Fish
07-29-2010, 04:36 PM
Millions of dollars in court and attorney fees..... over a damn boobie...

One boobie.. out of trillions available to any 13 year old boy on a computer.

-King-
07-29-2010, 05:53 PM
True. They have this enormous bus sitting out front with GGW plastered all over it. They have a camera crew inside. They hand out free t-shirts and videos. So, I find it rather difficult for her to act like she didn't know what was going on.

The key to why she lost is that she was posturing herself in the film- she was enjoying the fact that she was being filmed. So, she had a wardrobe malfunction, so to speak. It was just a boob shot. Get over it. It's not like you were filmed licking the butt of another girl or something.

She thought it was a bible study bar. She thought GGW stood for Going God's Way.

Extra Point
07-29-2010, 06:21 PM
And all she got is that lousy t-shirt.

Or, lack thereof.

Param
07-29-2010, 07:02 PM
I have no comprehension of how they (GGW) make any money with all the free pics/vids/whatever on the internet.

Well, they were around when the internet was in the infant stage. Now today, I don't really know how they make money anymore.

CosmicPal
07-29-2010, 08:42 PM
Well, they were around when the internet was in the infant stage. Now today, I don't really know how they make money anymore.

Yep...and that guy who started it all was busted on some obscenity charge and/contract disputes or something like that. (I believe it had to do with a couple of under-age girls). I think he had to serve a year in the pound-me-in-the ass prison. I remember watching some documentary on him and he seemed like an egotistical prick. But hey, he had a great idea while it lasted- made loads of money, met tons of hot, horny, drunken college-age chicks, hung out in bars, and got to travel the country. Unfortunately for him, he was no Hugh Hefner. Hugh made some mistakes in the past, but he built an empire and learned to adapt to the times.