PDA

View Full Version : Royals Royals Trade Podsednik to Dodgers

kcwild
07-28-2010, 08:39 PM
Dodgers trade for Royals OF PodsednikEmail Print Comments59 By Tony Jackson
ESPNLosAngeles.com
Archive
SAN DIEGO -- The Los Angeles Dodgers acquired veteran outfielder Scott Podsednik from the Kansas City Royals on Wednesday, a move designed to shore up their outfield at a time when left fielder Manny Ramirez and backup outfielder Reed Johnson are on the disabled list with no definitive indication of when either of them will be back.

Podsednik

To get Podsednik, the Dodgers sent their top catching prospect, Lucas May, to the Royals, along with low Class A pitcher Elisaul Pimentel. The Dodgers will pay the estimated $650,000 left in Podsednik's salary this year, a baseball source told ESPN.com's Jayson Stark.

The trade was announced before Los Angeles played at San Diego. The Dodgers began the day five games behind the division-leading Padres.

Podsednik hit .310 and stole 30 bases for the Royals this season. He had two hits for Kansas City in its 6-4 loss to Minnesota earlier on Wednesday.

The 34-year-old Podsednik is a left-handed hitter who can play all three outfield spots, although the bulk of his experience is in left and center.

More On The Dodgers

For more news, notes and analysis of the Dodgers, check out Dodger Thoughts from Jon Weisman. Blog

Podsednik is expected to arrive in time for Thursday's game against the San Diego Padres, and the Dodgers will announce a corresponding move at that time.

The 25-year-old May hit .296 with 11 home runs and 45 RBIs at Triple-A Albuquerque. He will be assigned to Triple-A Omaha.

The 22-year-old Pimentel was 9-3 with a 3.49 ERA at Class A Great Lakes in the Class A Midwest League. He will report to Class A Burlington.

Tony Jackson covers the Dodgers for ESPNLosAngeles.com. Information from ESPN.com senior writer Jayson Stark and The Associated Press was used in this report.

Thig Lyfe
07-28-2010, 08:41 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Buck
07-28-2010, 08:42 PM
Fuck

gblowfish
We know. See the main Royals thread...

HemiEd
Well shit. I am getting tired of my team being a seller.

DeezNutz
07-28-2010, 08:43 PM

This is great news, though.

cabletech94
07-28-2010, 08:44 PM
wow. my first noob call.

hey noob.......................

REPOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that felt great!

petegz28
07-28-2010, 08:46 PM
This is good news. I am sure Podz is happy about the deal as well. Too bad Kila will still be sitting in AAA and all this will do is make room for Maier to play.

kcwild
07-28-2010, 08:47 PM
If you call being around 5 years longer than you a NOOB, then sweet! Still rates it's own thread .

OnTheWarpath15
07-28-2010, 08:47 PM

Yeah, what's the worst that could happen? They don't pan out?

Not like Posednik was going to still be around when your club was competitive.

A bottom dweller trading a 34 year old for a 25 year old and a 22 year old is a good risk to take, IMO.

petegz28
07-28-2010, 08:48 PM
The next thing we need to hear is Gordon is moved to LF, Guillen will play RF and Kila will be called up to DH.

cabletech94
07-28-2010, 08:48 PM
If you call being around 5 years longer than you a NOOB, then sweet! Still rates it's own thread .

yea man, i'm just playin!
don't taze me and all!

yea, i've been here since like 04 and never posted. some guys are just big old meanies!
:D

CoMoChief
07-28-2010, 08:50 PM
not bad, being that he had no future here anyways.

too bad buck and olivo are playing like borderline allstars now.

CoMoChief
07-28-2010, 08:51 PM
The next thing we need to hear is Gordon is moved to LF, Guillen will play RF and Kila will be called up to DH.

we need to trade Guillen.

Thig Lyfe
07-28-2010, 08:51 PM
not bad, being that he had no future here anyways.

too bad buck and olivo are playing like borderline allstars now.

Buck got a hit in the All-Star game, so no matter how he plays, he's technically playing like an All-Star.

petegz28
07-28-2010, 08:52 PM
we need to trade Guillen.

I need to win the lottery too. But I don't think either have a chance in hell of happening.

CoMoChief
07-28-2010, 09:00 PM
I need to win the lottery too. But I don't think either have a chance in hell of happening.

What you need is an enema.

HemiEd
07-28-2010, 09:00 PM
That makes me feel better, since it is hard to keep up with them up here.

Yeah, what's the worst that could happen? They don't pan out?

Not like Posednik was going to still be around when your club was competitive.

A bottom dweller trading a 34 year old for a 25 year old and a 22 year old is a good risk to take, IMO.

The games I have been able to see this year, he was clearly the best player on the team. Even if he is 70, I get sick of seeing them get rid of their headiest player.
The list is long.

petegz28
07-28-2010, 09:02 PM
What you need is an enema.

Are you offering?

CoMoChief
07-28-2010, 09:03 PM
Are you offering?

I am not medically qualified/sober enough to do such a thing.

OnTheWarpath15
07-28-2010, 09:04 PM
That makes me feel better, since it is hard to keep up with them up here.

The games I have been able to see this year, he was clearly the best player on the team. Even if he is 70, I get sick of seeing them get rid of their headiest player.
The list is long.

Damon, Beltran, etc weren't 34 when you let them go.

You traded a guy with no future for two guys that might.

Hell, they should be looking to trade every player they can that's over 30 for some kids. If you're going to suck, you might as well do it while getting some young talent MLB experience.

petegz28
07-28-2010, 09:04 PM
I am not medically qualified/sober enough to do such a thing.

You can imagine my disappointment, I'm sure.

kcfanXIII
07-28-2010, 09:06 PM
any word on these prospects? whats their ceiling?

DeezNutz
07-28-2010, 09:06 PM

Hell, they should be looking to trade every player they can that's over 30 for some kids. If you're going to suck, you might as well do it while getting some young talent MLB experience.

Exactly. It's really this simple, and all Royals fans should be thrilled that the dude played well enough for us to get something for him, which makes him one of the best FA signings of the Dayton Moore era.

OnTheWarpath15
07-28-2010, 09:07 PM
Exactly. It's really this simple, and all Royals fans should be thrilled that the dude played well enough for us to get something for him, which makes him one of the best FA signings of the Dayton Moore era.

LMAO

Beautiful backhanded compliment.

doomy3
07-28-2010, 09:09 PM
Good deal. We paid $900,000 for 2 decent prospects and half a year of solid production from Pods. That's a win.

DeezNutz
07-28-2010, 09:10 PM
LMAO

Beautiful backhanded compliment.

:evil:

My hatred for Dayton Moore is pretty impressive, admittedly.

OnTheWarpath15
07-28-2010, 09:11 PM

Hey, he's earned it.

Reaper16
07-28-2010, 09:23 PM
Best part about the trade is the open roster slot.

teedubya
07-28-2010, 09:26 PM

Oh shit. HIGHlarious

DaneMcCloud
07-28-2010, 10:13 PM
any word on these prospects? whats their ceiling?

Their ceiling is the Yankees but I'm guessing the Mets.

Pioli Zombie
07-28-2010, 10:15 PM
The Royals aren't concerned about winning anyway so what difference does it make?

Great Expectations
07-28-2010, 10:18 PM
The Royals aren't concerned about winning anyway so what difference does it make?

That isn't true.

Demonpenz
07-28-2010, 10:57 PM
And you just don't get it
you signed scott podsednick
You learned to accept it
Dodgers goin' to get it.

T-post Tom
07-28-2010, 10:59 PM
Good deal. We paid $900,000 for 2 decent prospects and half a year of solid production from Pods. That's a win.

tru dat

blazzin311
07-29-2010, 01:33 AM

My thoughts exactly...I don't see how anyone can gripe about this deal. This is a good deal for the Royals.

DaneMcCloud
07-29-2010, 01:36 AM
My thoughts exactly...I don't see how anyone can gripe about this deal. This is a good deal for the Royals.

Have I missed something?

Who's complaining about dumping Pos?

HemiEd
07-29-2010, 02:02 AM

Sure Beltran and Damon are the ones we think of, but
Dye had to be close to 30, Ibanez is another one. If I went back, I could find a dozen like that.

Oh, I really want to believe they know what they are doing, I have been wanting to believe it for the last 25 years.

If youth movement is their game plan, the moves at catcher this year confuse the hell out of me. You spend years, giving Buck experience, he is the only guy you have left to show for Beltran, then what? You bring in the oldest guy in the league, to replace him and your other old guy, Olivo that was producing?
WTF!?

Dartgod
07-29-2010, 08:00 AM
Does Dodgers stadium have outfield walls? Because if they don't, Pods will be great there.

ChiTown
07-29-2010, 08:02 AM

It's one of the things I admire the most about you:D

Tactical Funky
07-29-2010, 08:08 AM
And you just don't get it
you signed scott podsednick
You learned to accept it
Dodgers goin' to get it.
LMAO

I saw Local H many years ago at Sandstone. Pretty good act.

DeezNutz
07-29-2010, 08:15 AM
Does Dodgers stadium have outfield walls? Because if they don't, Pods will be great there.

LMAO.

gblowfish
07-29-2010, 08:23 AM
That isn't true.

Depends on how you define "concerned with winning."
Since they haven't been in the post season in 25 years, it's hard to make a case for them being "concerned with winning."

Dave Lane
07-29-2010, 08:47 AM
I think they are concerned with winning. Just not driven by it.

RockChalk
07-29-2010, 08:49 AM

He really is sub-par defensively.

I have to believe AG will be just as serviceable out there, if not a little better.

SDChiefs
07-29-2010, 08:52 AM

We traded Cliff Lee for a bunch of nobodies with the prize being a guy that bats .210. I feel your pain.

Dave Lane
07-29-2010, 09:13 AM
Sure Beltran and Damon are the ones we think of, but
Dye had to be close to 30, Ibanez is another one. If I went back, I could find a dozen like that.

Oh, I really want to believe they know what they are doing, I have been wanting to believe it for the last 25 years.

If youth movement is their game plan, the moves at catcher this year confuse the hell out of me. You spend years, giving Buck experience, he is the only guy you have left to show for Beltran, then what? You bring in the oldest guy in the league, to replace him and your other old guy, Olivo that was producing?
WTF!?

That's was the biggest head scratcher of all for me. No idea what Dayton had n mind with that nonsense.

Mama Hip Rockets
07-29-2010, 11:05 AM

ROFL

chefsos
07-29-2010, 04:37 PM
If he hasn't left already maybe he can catch a plane with Miguel Tejada...

Chiefless
07-29-2010, 04:45 PM
wow. my first noob call.

hey noob.......................

REPOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that felt great!

Noobs noobing noobs...

What is this world coming to...:shake:

ModSocks
07-29-2010, 04:52 PM

yea man, i'm just playin!
don't taze me and all!

yea, i've been here since like 04 and never posted. some guys are just big old meanies!

It's like a Noob circle jerk in here.

Carry my keyboard, bitches!

kcxiv
07-29-2010, 05:14 PM
lol, he went from a team that isnt going to make the play offs, to a team that isnt goingto make the play offs, but hey, at least its in southern cali? i guess.