PDA

View Full Version : Football Chargers continue to unravel: Merriman refuses to show for camp

Ugly Duck
07-29-2010, 09:26 PM
Shawne Merriman told the San Diego Union Tribune that he will not report to training camp in time for the start of the Chargers’ training camp.

He will likely be joined by receiver Vincent Jackson and left tackle Marcus McNeill. Both players are expected to hold out into the regular season because they want long-term deals.

Merriman told the newspaper he is not looking for a new deal. He just wants insurances that the team is committed to him.

“I’m waiting for the green light to have a great year,” he said. “I need to know I’m not going to be on the trade block every three weeks … The question is do I have stability enough to go play football and not worry about the other things?

“This is literally day to day how things progress, how things move,” he said. “I don’t want this to be a distraction to my teammates. I don’t want this to be a distraction to me. I just want to get something resolved soon and go from there. The bottom line is when I get back on the field I plan on doing what I do best, and that is playing."

The Chargers were expecting Merriman to show up and he needs to have a strong training camp and regular season to show he is fully recovered from a 2008 knee surgery. It seems like Merriman just wants to clear the air. With Jackson and McNeill wanting much more than that, it seems perhaps the Chargers and Merriman can quickly come to an accord.

Anything is possible, but it just doesn’t seem Merriman -- who will make a lot of money on the open market next year if he has a big season -- will find it prudent to stay away for long.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest

SnakeXJones
07-29-2010, 09:28 PM
Merriman missing those riods

milkman
07-29-2010, 09:29 PM
What a fucking joke.

LaChapelle
07-29-2010, 09:31 PM
No one would trade for you anyway
grapeseed nuts

Param
07-29-2010, 09:33 PM
How do the Chargers expect to win anything big without McNeil, Jackson, and now Merriman this upcoming season?

CosmicPal
07-29-2010, 09:35 PM
Good. It's nice to know the "best" team in the AFC West is mired in player discourse.

Something tells me we are currently so far ahead of them in team preparation and cohesion that we'll surprise them on MNF and rape them in our new stadium on national television.

It will be interesting to see how the AFC West unfolds as the season goes on.

Ugly Duck
07-29-2010, 09:35 PM
How do the Chargers expect to win anything big without McNeil, Jackson, and now Merriman this upcoming season?

Same way Tebow thinks he'll excel as an NFL QB... faith and a will to win.

Extra Point
07-29-2010, 09:39 PM
Say-Oww!

Bullshit reprise!

T-post Tom
07-29-2010, 09:43 PM
No assurances...just insurances please.

DaneMcCloud
07-29-2010, 10:13 PM
He looked fat and out of shape on Entourage.

I need to ask Rob when that episode was filmed.

Mr. Flopnuts
07-29-2010, 10:14 PM
Sounds like someone hasn't fully recovered from their bruised labia.

kstater
07-30-2010, 04:14 AM
Yes, yes, hold out into the season please.

the Talking Can
07-30-2010, 04:18 AM
he's holding out for a hug and a dozen roses?

Fritz88
07-30-2010, 04:25 AM
He looked fat and out of shape on Entourage.

I need to ask Rob when that episode was filmed.

Alex is hot.

Buck
07-30-2010, 04:52 AM
Grasping at straws.
Posted via Mobile Device

bevischief
07-30-2010, 05:26 AM
lonely

Ugly Duck
07-30-2010, 05:29 AM
Grasping at straws.

He's not grasping at straws, he's grasping at commitment. He just wants to know that he's loved before he'll play. He's a sensitive guy...

the Talking Can
07-30-2010, 05:30 AM
he wants a rose....from tila tequila's crime infested snatch

Buck
07-30-2010, 05:58 AM
He's not grasping at straws, he's grasping at commitment. He just wants to know that he's loved before he'll play. He's a sensitive guy...

No...the title of this thread. You are grasping at straws.
Posted via Mobile Device