PDA

View Full Version : MU Missouri/Illinois Opener

Frazod
07-31-2010, 10:27 PM
I'm thinking about going down for this on Labor Day. How do they divide the seating at the Dome? I don't want to get seats on the Illini side.

Frazod
08-01-2010, 07:14 AM
Hello!

Is there nobody out there who's been to one of these?

OnTheWarpath15
08-01-2010, 08:21 AM
If you buy through Ticketmaster, there's a "location" dropbox that lets you choose Missouri or Illinois side of the stadium.

|Zach|
08-01-2010, 08:32 AM
If you buy through Ticketmaster, there's a "location" dropbox that lets you choose Missouri or Illinois side of the stadium.

That is cool. I have never really thought about it.

Frazod
08-02-2010, 09:10 AM
Just got my tickets. They're in the endzone, but in the lower level, so I can deal with it.

This will be my first visit to this, or any other domed stadium. At least I'll be cool and dry.

Anybody else plan on going?

beer bacon
08-02-2010, 09:17 AM
I'm thinking about it. I haven't been to any of the Mizzou/Illinois games, and I won't have a chance after this year.

Swanman
08-02-2010, 09:18 AM
Just got my tickets. They're in the endzone, but in the lower level, so I can deal with it.

This will be my first visit to this, or any other domed stadium. At least I'll be cool and dry.

Anybody else plan on going?

I went for the last 3 games and decided to say f**k it this year. Being an Illini fan, I got tired of watching us get thumped every year.

They divide the tickets down the middle like in basketball, one sideline to Mizzou and one to Illinois. But the break usually ends up 65/35 Mizzou fans because 1) Columbia is closer to St. Louis and 2) Illinois sucks.

I am not usually a fan of indoor football but given that the weather is normally hot and stickier than shit in St. Louis that time of year, being indoors is a blessing.

seclark
08-02-2010, 09:19 AM
i always spend this game the same way. wife has a family reunion over by champaign, il. everyone's a illini fan, so i pick up a 12pack and watch the game in my motel room.

works for me.
sec

Frazod
08-02-2010, 09:23 AM
I went for the last 3 games and decided to say f**k it this year. Being an Illini fan, I got tired of watching us get thumped every year.

They divide the tickets down the middle like in basketball, one sideline to Mizzou and one to Illinois. But the break usually ends up 65/35 Mizzou fans because 1) Columbia is closer to St. Louis and 2) Illinois sucks.

I am not usually a fan of indoor football but given that the weather is normally hot and stickier than shit in St. Louis that time of year, being indoors is a blessing.

I certainly agree with the weather - I've happily froze my ass off in December watching football at Arrowhead and Soldier Field, but broiling in Missouri summer heat and humidity is an entirely different thing.

I MIGHT go to the Cards/Reds game on Sunday, but it will depend on the weather.

King_Chief_Fan
08-02-2010, 12:02 PM
I'm thinking about going down for this on Labor Day. How do they divide the seating at the Dome? I don't want to get seats on the Illini side.

It is divided, but, you can end up in the wrong divide if you wait too log for those tickets. I got my tickets but in the Illini sections....Better being a Mizzou fan in their section than being an Illini fan in the Mizzou section