PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Bob Gretz

okiedokieokoye
08-02-2010, 11:39 AM
Has anyone signed up for his premium service? And if so....what are the chances of seeing those articles showing up here for the rest of us to see?

Phobia
08-02-2010, 11:40 AM
Well, hopefully none. If I were a mod, I'd delete any premium content posted here. Just pay your $35 or split a membership with a friend if that's too steep for you.

okiedokieokoye
08-02-2010, 11:47 AM
Will you pay for mine? Friend?

Bill Lundberg
08-02-2010, 11:49 AM
I agree with Phil, but it would be nice to get a review on whether or not a user thinks the service is worth the $$.

MMXcalibur
08-02-2010, 12:00 PM
I've been toying with the idea of paying for the extra info, if only because I miss the River Falls site updates and I'm finding kcchiefs.com a bit lacking.....

Not that I can't afford it, but $35 is a bit steep...

BigRock
08-02-2010, 12:28 PM
I agree with Phil, but it would be nice to get a review on whether or not a user thinks the service is worth the $$.

Have you read his site prior to now? It's the same stuff. His camp updates are good to have, but during the season I'd imagine people are going to wonder what they paid for. Unless he increases his content or starts having podcasts again or something like that.

Hoover
08-02-2010, 12:46 PM
I have an online media business and I don't understand making people pay for content. I want my stuff to be read by as many people as possible. I want traffic to my website, so I can charge more to my advertisers. I do have a print magazine with I charge a subscription for, but thats because it costs money to produce and mail. I think people like Gertz need to wake up and realize that the only way they will make it is if they can generate enough advertising dollars.

BryanBusby
08-02-2010, 01:07 PM
His site will get traffic regardless, so whatever he makes by having a premium section is just extra beer money.

Jawshco
08-02-2010, 01:07 PM
Have you read his site prior to now? It's the same stuff. His camp updates are good to have, but during the season I'd imagine people are going to wonder what they paid for. Unless he increases his content or starts having podcasts again or something like that.

Yeah, I understand that. My $25 is going for the preseason, anything else I get out of it is a nice bonus. His day to day camp reports are good, a little better than the other ones out there, but the real value is in Bob's overveiw articles where he shares his unique take on the team. To me he seems far more realistic than most of the other reporters. He's optimistic, but he tells it like it is. He doesn't mince words if he feels that a player like T-Jax or Cassel isn't play up to par ( though Gretz does say T-Jax is improving). I enjoy that part of his reporting.

I won't post any articles, but I'll probably mention things here in there if it differs from what's already being said.

Jawshco
08-02-2010, 01:23 PM
Oh BTW, from Gretz's site: DJ does not have Asthma. There is a hilarious quote on there where DJ says something like, "I don't know where people got this. I guess I just breathe hard." But DJ is adamandt that his conditioning is above average and that he has no breathing problems.

For some reason, this article made me think of that really heavy set black dude from Last Comic Standing's previous season, who answered the question: "Why are you breathing so hard?" with "SO I CAN LIVE!" ha!

Dante84
08-02-2010, 01:26 PM
BRC told me why DJ is subpar.

DaFace
08-02-2010, 01:26 PM
Well, hopefully none. If I were a mod, I'd delete any premium content posted here. Just pay your $35 or split a membership with a friend if that's too steep for you.

Pretty much. I don't mind people alluding to a general idea they heard from Gretz, but we'll need to stay away from posting premium articles. I'd do the same for WPI articles (even though they're such crap that no one ever really wants to post them).

RustShack
08-02-2010, 02:12 PM
How about someone just PM's me these articles. PLEASEEE!!! :)

|Zach|
08-02-2010, 02:13 PM
I have an online media business and I don't understand making people pay for content. I want my stuff to be read by as many people as possible. I want traffic to my website, so I can charge more to my advertisers. I do have a print magazine with I charge a subscription for, but thats because it costs money to produce and mail. I think people like Gertz need to wake up and realize that the only way they will make it is if they can generate enough advertising dollars.

The base level for making real money with advertising is pretty high. It is easy to make "some" money.

I think in his case this is the best move.

Iowanian
08-02-2010, 02:32 PM
It wasn't that long ago, Gritz was calling CP members classless and deranged.

F his premium content.

Reerun_KC
08-02-2010, 03:30 PM
Pretty much. I don't mind people alluding to a general idea they heard from Gretz, but we'll need to stay away from posting premium articles. I'd do the same for WPI articles (even though they're such crap that no one ever really wants to post them).

You two suck. :harumph:

|Zach|
08-02-2010, 03:38 PM
It wasn't that long ago, Gritz was calling CP members classless and deranged.

F his premium content.

You disagree with that take?

lol, I don't.

Jawshco
08-02-2010, 03:42 PM

lol, I don't.

Ha! You beat me to it. I was going to say the same thing. I think it's pretty obvious, especially the deranged part. Afterall, CP does have some class.

CHENZ A!
08-02-2010, 03:43 PM

lol, I don't.

I don't either...
but we should steal his shit if he said that about us.
Posted via Mobile Device

Tribal Warfare
08-02-2010, 03:47 PM
If Bob wants to be stingy with his info then fuck him. We will find out anyway through other sources and when KC plays.

Iowanian
08-02-2010, 03:49 PM

lol, I don't.

No, but I've thought Gretz was pretty much a hack for a decade. while he's not tongue tied to Carl's balls any longer and his stuff has been better, i'm not paying for WPI II.

In my world, given his treatment of the posters of this site, a cliff notes version of every article would be appropriate in spite.

Jawshco
08-02-2010, 03:58 PM
No, but I've thought Gretz was pretty much a hack for a decade. while he's not tongue tied to Carl's balls any longer and his stuff has been better, i'm not paying for WPI II.

In my world, given his treatment of the posters of this site, a cliff notes version of every article would be appropriate in spite.

Cliffnotes? Eh... Alright, I'll do my best.

Jawshco
08-02-2010, 04:01 PM
How about someone just PM's me these articles. PLEASEEE!!! :)

I would, but it's too much of a PITA. You only get 2500 words per PM, and that's not nearly enough for one of these articles.

CoMoChief
08-02-2010, 04:34 PM
I don't either...
but we should steal his shit if he said that about us.
Posted via Mobile Device

exactly.

Jawshco
08-03-2010, 02:27 PM
It looks like yesterday's afternoon reports on Gretz's site were posted during the evening when I was out playing with my band. However, I see them now. I don't see anything much today as far as camp updates. I don't want to post too much, but I'll post some summaries from what he said about practice #6 in a little bit, and perhaps practice #7 when it's posted.

Also, there was an interesting article about DJ. Apparently, he's due a new contract next year, so this season is make or break for him in KC and it's really showing. He's says he dedicated to making big plays this year, and everything he's showing out on the practice feild shows this to be true. No more DJ trying to run around blockers, he's getting right in and stuffing the run, and apparently doing a good job. The fact that DJ and Belcher are still running with the #1's doesn't say too much, but it does show you that the effort isn't lacking.

Also, Also, there was an article addressing the "Drops" issue. It was pretty lengthy and a fairly good read. I found it interesting that Haley wanted Bowe to attend the private camp with Fitzgerald last year, but it didn't work out. He went this year and it seems to have helped. However, he's still dropping some balls in practice. There is already report that talked about his "eeasy" drop, but Gretz says he heard some 5 or 6 year old rip DBowe which got laughs from people in the stands and out on the field.

ModSocks
08-03-2010, 02:32 PM
It looks like yesterday's afternoon reports on Gretz's site were posted during the evening when I was out playing with my band. However, I see them now. I don't see anything much today as far as camp updates. I don't want to post too much, but I'll post some summaries from what he said about practice #6 in a little bit, and perhaps practice #7 when it's posted.

Also, there was an interesting article about DJ. Apparently, he's due a new contract next year, so this season is make or break for him in KC and it's really showing. He's says he dedicated to making big plays this year, and everything he's showing out on the practice feild shows this to be true. No more DJ trying to run around blockers, he's getting right in and stuffing the run, and apparently doing a good job. The fact that DJ and Belcher are still running with the #1's doesn't say too much, but it does show you that the effort isn't lacking.

Also, Also, there was an article addressing the "Drops" issue. It was pretty lengthy and a fairly good read. I found it interesting that Haley wanted Bowe to attend the private camp with Fitzgerald last year, but it didn't work out. He went this year and it seems to have helped. However, he's still dropping some balls in practice. There is already report that talked about his "eeasy" drop, but Gretz says he heard some 5 or 6 year old rip DBowe which got laughs from people in the stands and out on the field.

People need to lay off Bowe. He's going to drop some passes. Then he is going to make some spectacular catches. Every time he drops a pass now everyone is going to freak out. He's just one of those kinda players. No one seems to mind T.O's butterfingers.

Jawshco
08-03-2010, 02:45 PM
People need to lay off Bowe. He's going to drop some passes. Then he is going to make some spectacular catches. Every time he drops a pass now everyone is going to freak out. He's just one of those kinda players. No one seems to mind T.O's butterfingers.

IDK, man... he dropped 11 balls last year, more than any other player on our team. We had 49 total drops which is the 2nd most drops in a year by any team ever. That's pretty bad. Obviously, a lot of the other guys responsible for the other drops aren't here- Wade, or don't factor as much in our offense- Long.

ModSocks
08-03-2010, 02:54 PM
IDK, man... he dropped 11 balls last year, more than any other player on our team. We had 49 total drops which is the 2nd most drops in a year by any team ever. That's pretty bad. Obviously, a lot of the other guys responsible for the other drops aren't here- Wade, or don't factor as much in our offense- Long.

Im not saying it wasn't a problem; it was. Im saying that it's getting overblown. How many drops has he had this TC? 3-4 maybe? At the most? I can only recall 2 that have been reported.

Im just saying that drops will always be part of his game. People rockin' the boat over 2 drops in TC is just silly. He'll always have those 2 drops.

Jawshco
08-03-2010, 03:07 PM
Im not saying it wasn't a problem; it was. Im saying that it's getting overblown. How many drops has he had this TC? 3-4 maybe? At the most? I can only recall 2 that have been reported.

Im just saying that drops will always be part of his game. People rockin' the boat over 2 drops in TC is just silly. He'll always have those 2 drops.

It sounds like Cassel is developing a case of tunnel vision too, only focusing on Chambers. I'm sure that doesn't help DBowe either.

But it does sound like DMC, Chambers, Moeaki have all been fairly sure handed so far this camp, and DBowe has only had a couple drops. This could be an intersting.

To me it sounds like the D is shutting the offense down mostly on running plays. Especially, when Tom Jones is running the ball, or when Cassel isn't tossing it to one of the above mentioned targets.

The Franchise
08-03-2010, 03:10 PM

The whole contract year with DJ thing is what worries me. We know he's going to bust his ass because he wants the money. It'll be interesting to see if he gets the money...if he's going to work just as hard. My gut says no...

HemiEd
08-03-2010, 03:12 PM

From watching the games, I blame most of the 49 on the square root of 49.

I hope I got that right, it has been a hell of a long time.

Jawshco
08-03-2010, 04:01 PM
Tidbits from Practice #6: (Monday's afternoon practice)

-TE Leroy Banks was back out on the field.
-Waters, Walters, & Leggett were still out
- they ran the 2 min drill 2 times, and the D dominated both drives.
- Sheffield got a sack on Croyle
- LB Cole ran some drills against TE Moeaki, but was completely unable to cover him
- DJ & Belcher still running w/ the 1's and still practicing well.
- DMC hit a very nice looking 20 yard run from an endaround play that was only stopped when E-Berry pushed him out of bounds.
- E-Berry grabber a nice INT that bounced off of Pope.
- Cassel is really targeting Chambers, almost exclusively at times.
- WR Urban looked good catching passes from Croyle, but got laid out for a second from a hit by S Price.

-King-
08-03-2010, 04:05 PM
Tidbits from Practice #6: (Monday's afternoon practice)

-TE Leroy Banks was back out on the field.
-Waters, Walters, & Leggett were still out
- they ran the 2 min drill 2 times, and the D dominated both drives.
- Sheffield got a sack on Croyle
- LB Cole ran some drills against TE Moeaki, but was completely unable to cover him
- DJ & Belcher still running w/ the 1's and still practicing well.
- DMC hit a very nice looking 20 yard run from an endaround play that was only stopped when E-Berry pushed him out of bounds.
- E-Berry grabber a nice INT that bounced off of Pope.
- Cassel is really targeting Chambers, almost exclusively at times.
- WR Urban looked good catching passes from Croyle, but got laid out for a second from a hit by S Price.

I wish i could have seen the crowd reaction after the berry pick.
Posted via Mobile Device

Jawshco
08-03-2010, 04:06 PM
I'm surprised how long it's taking Gretz to post articles. He had a very good article about the facilities at St. Joe, but no TC updates yet for today. What gives? The man needs more writers. I wish he'd post TC updates more like what River Falls did.

Jawshco
08-03-2010, 05:04 PM
Bits from Practice #7 (Tuesday Morning)

- Coach Carthon used a Portapotty in some kind of catching drill with the RB the way Gretz decribed it sounded very odd, like miniture golf type stuff.

- CB Mo Leggs is back

- Waters & Walters are still out

- Williams and Mays were back running with the 1's @ ILB

- Cassel once again kept targeting Chambers and the two hooked up on some nice plays. In 6 practices, they've hooked up for a TD pass of more than 40 yards.

- Croyle was once again targeting Urban. The pair also hooked up for some nice passing plays.

- run DMC took a left screen pass 40 yards to the house for a TD. He jukes away from Williams and left 2 CB's, Richardson & Bates, in the dust.

- LB Mays & RB Williams had a bit of a scuffle.

- Succop was perfect on the day 4-4 on kicks between 35-40 yards.

- The Off & Def had 5 goalline battle drills. The offense won 2 times. One was a strong run by Tom Jones; the other was a catch by FB T Johnson.

Stinger
08-03-2010, 06:37 PM
I wish i could have seen the crowd reaction after the berry pick.
Posted via Mobile Device

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/stinger871/Chief%20Planet/HeinkenGIF1-1.gif

-King-
08-03-2010, 06:47 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/stinger871/Chief%20Planet/HeinkenGIF1-1.gif

LMAO LMAO

LaChapelle
08-03-2010, 07:11 PM
There was a DJ interview on the radio the other day
and if you've heard a DJ interview he comes off unsure of himself and kinda slow
in this latest one he sounds confident and glides over the stuttering like it's just how it is and if you don't like it go fuck yourself

Jawshco
08-04-2010, 10:10 PM
Report #8; Wednesday Night...

Just some bits and pieces:

- Dex had a 50 yard TD catch from Cassel where he completely outran Flowers (who was going pretty fast too!). Dexter was play all over the place 13 different spots as a WR & RB

- Kendrick Lewis looked great in the red zone, knocking down passes and almost getting an INT from Palko.

- Tom Jones didn't practice. His Upper right leg was bandaged up.

- Waters was still out, but Walters was in.

-FB T Johnson injured his Right knee during practice

- QB Cassel threw another long TD to Chambers for 50 yards.

- S. Donald Washington had an INT in the endzone

- Succop was 2-2, hitting form 40 & 43 yards.

- K. Moore looked good filling in for Tom Jones, despite one fumble that was caused by Vrable.

- DJ looked good against the run and showed off his quickness in stopping DMC.

- DBowe had a nice TD catch in the redzone.

To me it sounded like the Offense got the best of this night practice.

jAZ
08-04-2010, 10:24 PM

It's called price elasticity.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-05-2010, 09:42 AM
Sweet mother of God no.

Coogs
08-06-2010, 07:59 AM
I paid the $25 to Bob for his updates. Don't regret it either at this point.

Reason for this post... Bob has an excellent article on Cassel. I don't know if it is available for everyone to read or not, but it is worth checking out. It contains some numbers to support what many here have been saying that I have never seen posted before.

-King-
08-06-2010, 08:10 AM
I paid the $25 to Bob for his updates. Don't regret it either at this point.

Reason for this post... Bob has an excellent article on Cassel. I don't know if it is available for everyone to read or not, but it is worth checking out. It contains some numbers to support what many here have been saying that I have never seen posted before.

Um... Summary? Cliff notes?
Posted via Mobile Device

Rausch
08-06-2010, 08:18 AM
It contains some numbers to support what many here have been saying that I have never seen posted before.

Brock
08-06-2010, 08:24 AM
I read that article too. He had many great insights into how Cassel is going to do and why. Many of you will agree with what he said. Great job, Bob!

wutamess
08-06-2010, 08:46 AM
I read that article too. He had many great insights into how Cassel is going to do and why. Many of you will agree with what he said. Great job, Bob!

I also read the article, and some of you agree to disagree with some of his statements on Cassle. It was really insightful and a hoot!

Thank you baby Jesus!

-King-
08-06-2010, 08:46 AM
Jeez, is it hard to summarize an article?
Posted via Mobile Device

Coogs
08-06-2010, 09:51 AM
Jeez, is it hard to summarize an article?
Posted via Mobile Device

I guess the article is not viewable, or you could read it yourself. Most everything in the article has been discussed at length here, BUT... he provided numbers out of the shotgun vs. under center. He had numbers vs the blitz and not against the blitz. The numbers were somewhat surprising to me. And he had numbers of estimated poor throws by a stat service. Cassel had more poor throws (86) than anybody in the league except Romo.

I'm not going to say much more than that, as I enjoy my read from Bob everyday, and do not want to lose that option.

Brock
08-06-2010, 09:57 AM
Well, you don't have to quote the article to summarize what it says.

Tribal Warfare
08-06-2010, 09:59 AM
I guess the article is not viewable, or you could read it yourself. Most everything in the article has been discussed at length here, BUT... he provided numbers out of the shotgun vs. under center. He had numbers vs the blitz and not against the blitz. The numbers were somewhat surprising to me. And he had numbers of estimated poor throws by a stat service. Cassel had more poor throws (86) than anybody in the league except Romo.

I'm not going to say much more than that, as I enjoy my read from Bob everyday, and do not want to lose that option.

Yes or no, is Cassel still blowing cock at TC in Gretz' opinion?

Coogs
08-06-2010, 10:10 AM
Yes or no, is Cassel still blowing cock at TC in Gretz' opinion?

He did not offer up an opinion on that issue.