PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Bill Maas KNOWS that the Chiefs think Tyson Jackson is lazy.......

Kylo Ren
08-02-2010, 09:48 PM
He said this on the radio today. He emphasized that the KNOWS that the Chiefs thinks TJ is lazy. He intimated that he has an inside source. I guess the coaches think that TJ isn't trying hard enough. He has the skills and ability to be a really good player, but just isn't putting out the effort.

That's what he said. Take it with a grain of salt. I'm just the messenger. :D

Mr. Laz
08-02-2010, 09:49 PM
R

teedubya
08-02-2010, 09:49 PM
Thanks, Pilgrim.

wazu
08-02-2010, 09:51 PM
Take it with a grain of salt.

I will. If lazy was the problem, I think we would have seen at least a brief flash or two of raw ability.

Bane
08-02-2010, 09:53 PM
E

Hammock Parties
08-02-2010, 09:53 PM
His predraft scouting said everything to the contrary.

DJ's left nut
08-02-2010, 09:55 PM
What else do you say if you can't spot talent?

"Well he actually has the talent to be a great player, but he never worked hard enough to utilize it"

Translation - "It wasn't my fault. I was totally justified in using a 5th round pick on a roll player at a trivial position, but Jackson didn't work hard enough."

Yeah - I'd probably go around telling everyone that he was lazy if I were Pioli as well. The alternative isn't exactly flattering for the Executive of The Decade...

Sure-Oz
08-02-2010, 09:56 PM
TJ is a piece of shit

Kylo Ren
08-02-2010, 09:56 PM
Maas suggested that the $30 million might have made him lazy. It happens to some players.

Kylo Ren
08-02-2010, 09:57 PM
R.E.A.L.L.Y good thread!!!!

HotRoute
08-02-2010, 09:59 PM
lets hope not, the chiefs have got to be able to rely on jackson and dorsey to be the work horse's on the defense. in order for everyone to play their positions better there has to be more pressure on the QB plain and simple. its just too bad after watching TJ play last year the truth might well be that he is lazy. . . . as much as i dont want it to be true.

tonyetony
08-02-2010, 10:00 PM
What else do you say if you can't spot talent?

"Well he actually has the talent to be a great player, but he never worked hard enough to utilize it"

Translation - "It wasn't my fault. I was totally justified in using a 5th round pick on a roll player at a trivial position, but Jackson didn't work hard enough."

Yeah - I'd probably go around telling everyone that he was lazy if I were Pioli as well. The alternative isn't exactly flattering for the Executive of The Decade...

Nice....Do you like the Cassel deal as well?

okcchief
08-02-2010, 10:03 PM
If Doresy and Jackson don't step up this year I'm going to be disgusted. Two high first round picks should be doing more than sumo wrestling. If they don't develop this year under Crennel it's two wasted picks and we better get ready to keep losing for a while. We can't continue to be this shitty on the D line if we want to win in the NFL.

Get your shit together!

DTLB58
08-02-2010, 10:04 PM
Maas suggested that the $30 million might have made him lazy. It happens to some players.

This.

keg in kc
08-02-2010, 10:05 PM
Is this the same Bill Maas that a year ago was telling everybody that Croyle was Haley's guy?

blaise
08-02-2010, 10:07 PM
Amazing insight from Maas. I was under the impression Jackson was just blowing people away with his efforts.
Thank goodness for his inside sources. Now maybe he should go do some x.

RustShack
08-02-2010, 10:08 PM
Good thing he plays at a position where being fat and lazy is OK as long as he can take up two blockers.

DJ's left nut
08-02-2010, 10:08 PM

"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v737/patton0913/Pioli-behind-curtain.jpg

DJ's left nut
08-02-2010, 10:09 PM
Nice....Do you like the Cassel deal as well?

Cassel was another great acquisition.

He just didn't have enough weapons around him because the previous regime was too terrible....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v737/patton0913/Pioli-behind-curtain.jpg

DeezNutz
08-02-2010, 10:11 PM
Obviously, he's lazy. There's no other explanation for why he hasn't realized all of the talents that allowed him to be second team All-SEC.

#3 overall. Second ****ing team all-league in college. Yeah, it's as stupid as it sounds.

DaneMcCloud
08-02-2010, 10:12 PM
Shocking insight from Bill Maas.

Maybe his opinion would be worth a shit if he had said it on draft day.

:D

LaChapelle
08-02-2010, 10:15 PM
The other thread had pancake titties and blow
can John Wayne fuck a horse on plasterer's stilts

DJ's left nut
08-02-2010, 10:18 PM
Shocking insight from Bill Maas.

Maybe his opinion would be worth a shit if he had said it on draft day.

:D

Nobody saw this coming. Nobody.

It has to be bad work ethic.

It can't just be a stupid fucking draft pick.

blaise
08-02-2010, 10:19 PM
Bill Maas now revealing that inside sources have told him that the Chiefs plan to mix up the run and pass. The goal, apparently, is to keep the defenses guessing about the Chiefs offensive plays. More to follow.

Quesadilla Joe
08-02-2010, 10:23 PM
Demaryius Thomas walked up to Josh McDaniels after training camp today and asked if Josh would meet with him early tomorrow morning before the 8:30 training camp so they can talk about releasing out of routes. :)

DeezNutz
08-02-2010, 10:25 PM
Demaryius Thomas walked up to Josh McDaniels after training camp today and asked if Josh would meet with him early tomorrow morning before the 8:30 training camp so they can talk about releasing out of routes. :)

I like ice cream sandwiches.

blaise
08-02-2010, 10:26 PM

Good. He needs to be sharp out of his cuts so he can quickly chase down defenders that have just intercepted his QB's passes.

RustShack
08-02-2010, 10:27 PM

Eric Berry already knows the Broncos routes.

DJ's left nut
08-02-2010, 10:28 PM

Good for him.

Damn shame that most WRs learn that in High School.

But Thomas oughta have that whole "playing football" thing figured out right about the time his rookie contract runs out.

Have fun with that one. Project WRs always break out with their first team. Happens all the time.

DaneMcCloud
08-02-2010, 10:31 PM
Nobody saw this coming. Nobody.

It has to be bad work ethic.

It can't just be a stupid fucking draft pick.

People thought I was insane on draft day when I stated that Tyson Jackson was THE worst first round draft pick in the history of the Chiefs and that the 2009 draft would go down as the worst draft ever.

Now, it's like "oh yeah, I knew that".

WTF ever.

DJ's left nut
08-02-2010, 10:37 PM
People thought I was insane on draft day when I stated that Tyson Jackson was THE worst first round draft pick in the history of the Chiefs and that the 2009 draft would go down as the worst draft ever.

WTF ever.

I don't see it being close when all is said and done.

Factor in Cassel as a 2nd rounder and all the assets this front office has pissed away trying to make him appear moderately competent, and you're really looking at a draft that sets the franchise back at least 3 years (if we're lucky).

But it's not Pioli's fault. He couldn't hear us because he had Super Bowl rings in his ears, or some other such bullshit.

Fucking Pioli-smokers.

The Bad Guy
08-02-2010, 10:38 PM
Shocking that KnowShit would hijack this thread with such a fucking stupid post trying to hype his bullshit team.

Todd Haley and Dwayne Bowe worked a lot before practice last year. It really worked out well for them.

DaneMcCloud
08-02-2010, 10:40 PM

LMAO

booger
08-02-2010, 10:44 PM
Demaryius Thomas walked up to Josh McDaniels after training camp today and asked if Josh would meet with him before bedtime to stroke his hair and tell him about the first time he f#cked a pony and how he dressed it up in bright colors to make it more special.

:shake:

The Bad Guy
08-02-2010, 10:45 PM
DJ is spot on here.

Most WRs learn how to release out of a route when they are in high school. I'm glad the triple option receiver can't figure out how to get the fuck off the line of scrimmage.

DJ's left nut
08-02-2010, 10:51 PM
DJ is spot on here.

Most WRs learn how to release out of a route when they are in high school. I'm glad the triple option receiver can't figure out how to get the **** off the line of scrimmage.

I was a terrible HS football player.

My forty time was somewhere north of 4.8. I was 5'9'', 160 lbs and couldn't bench 140. I had good hands but absolutely no chance at ever finding space due to my impressive combination of poor speed, height and strength.

And even I could release out of a route.

They teach you how to do that right about the same time they teach you to 'look through the window' to catch the damn football.

If Eric Berry asked to see Todd Haley before camp to "work on tracking a football in flight", I probably wouldn't be too terribly excited about it.

Then again, I'm not Knowshit.

Mecca
08-02-2010, 10:56 PM
I'm pretty sure everyone knew Thomas was really raw but why would you post an article being excited about it?

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-02-2010, 10:58 PM
Jackson's not lazy, he's just not talented.

He was drafted because he was 6'4" 290 lbs and played ok in the SEC.

He was never a dominant player, and he always had more talented people on the D so that he didn't have to face double teams.

Ultimately, the Jackson pick can't be analyzed unless viewed alongside the Cassel trade, because the latter destroyed the value for the former (although there were some of us arguing to take a WR there even if we didn't take a QB).

Mecca
08-02-2010, 10:59 PM
We essentially used our top 3 pick on Jarvis Green and that might be being nice about it. He might be Marquis Hill just not dead.

Hootie
08-02-2010, 11:01 PM
Jackson's not lazy, he's just not talented.

He was drafted because he was 6'4" 290 lbs and played ok in the SEC.

He was never a dominant player, and he always had more talented people on the D so that he didn't have to face double teams.

Ultimately, the Jackson pick can't be analyzed unless viewed alongside the Cassel trade, because the latter destroyed the value for the former (although there were some of us arguing to take a WR there even if we didn't take a QB).

Do you even know what talent is?

You took Clausen #1 overall and took Bruce Campbell in the 1st round...

Dude...

Please...

STFU

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-02-2010, 11:06 PM

Dude...

Please...

STFU

Far more than you.

CHENZ A!
08-02-2010, 11:07 PM

WTF ever.

I had honestly never heard of the guy until a day before. I just laughed my ass off when they took him, like who the fuck is that? Great pick! ROFL:shake:

Hootie
08-02-2010, 11:09 PM
Far more than you.

Yep...

In everything...

You are a know-it-all in baseball...know-it-all in football...

It's so annoying.

What's going to happen when McCluster turns into a superstar and Clausen and Campbell flame out...

how are you going to live that down?

DBOSHO
08-02-2010, 11:09 PM
Far more than you.

can i ask you....who is hamas jenkins?

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-02-2010, 11:13 PM
Yep...

In everything...

You are a know-it-all in baseball...know-it-all in football...

It's so annoying.

What's going to happen when McCluster turns into a superstar and Clausen and Campbell flame out...

how are you going to live that down?

God knows you won't be able to give me shit about it, because you said you'd take Clausen #1 overall and you thought he was much better than Bradford.

Of course, you also said that the 2009 Cubs had no weaknesses and were set up for a run of dominance, and that the Cards had absolutely nothing in their farm system.

I'm not a know it all, I'm just not a know-nothing, which seems to be your overwhelming characteristic around here, whether it's a basketball thread, a football thread, or a baseball thread.

BIG_DADDY
08-02-2010, 11:15 PM
Speaking of LAZY why can't you get past your 16th ID on this board, it's not like anyone thinks your John Wayne.

Willie Lanier
08-02-2010, 11:17 PM
You guys are incredibly critical of Jackson; he's an athletic freak with a lack of motivation... How many defensive line stars fall under that category after their first season?

DJ's left nut
08-02-2010, 11:18 PM
I'm not a know it all, I'm just not a know-nothing, which seems to be your overwhelming characteristic around here, whether it's a basketball thread, a football thread, or a baseball thread.

Truer words were never spoken.

Mostly because I do, in fact, know it all, and you and I have had our disagreements.

So using the transitive property, you cannot be a know it all.

(As to your second point, this is also correct - Hootie is a fucking idiot).

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-02-2010, 11:19 PM
You guys are incredibly critical of Jackson; he's an athletic freak with a lack of motivation... How many defensive line stars fall under that category after their first season?

Where is the athletic freak of nature?

If he was a freak, he would have had an amazing combine, but it was remarkably pedestrian.

In underwear, he looks like a prototypical 3 technique, but he doesn't even workout like one, and he sure as hell has never played like one.

Willie Lanier
08-02-2010, 11:22 PM
Where is the athletic freak of nature?

If he was a freak, he would have had an amazing combine, but it was remarkably pedestrian.

In underwear, he looks like a prototypical 3 technique, but he doesn't even workout like one, and he sure as hell has never played like one.

Well regarding living up to top 3 pick money, that pipe dream will never materialize, but he IS an athletic freak, 6-4 295 ends with quickness are not growing off trees

chiefzilla1501
08-02-2010, 11:23 PM

WTF ever.

I wouldn't go that far. But I hate that you're right about how bad the draft was.

I don't think Tyson Jackson is going to turn out to be an outright bust. But I'd find it very, very hard to believe he'll ever live up to the pick. There's lots of reasons to believe he'll get better. He has a 3-4 d-line guru and the 5-technique is actually a pretty difficult position to learn. I think he could become a solid starter, but he'll never be great.

chiefzilla1501
08-02-2010, 11:25 PM
Well regarding living up to top 3 pick money, that pipe dream will never materialize, but he IS an athletic freak, 6-4 295 ends with quickness are not growing off trees

He's not that quick. He's not overly powerful. He's reasonably quick and above average in strength. Nothing that would lead you to believe he could ever be a difference maker.

DJ's left nut
08-02-2010, 11:25 PM

In fairness, apples and oranges don't grow off trees either.

Willie Lanier
08-02-2010, 11:26 PM
In fairness, apples and oranges don't grow off trees either.

well played sir

DaneMcCloud
08-02-2010, 11:30 PM
Speaking of LAZY why can't you get past your 16th ID on this board, it's not like anyone thinks your John Wayne.

He should have been banned 15 ID's ago.

Chief3188
08-02-2010, 11:32 PM

WTF ever.

It is a little early for the self shoulder patting but I agree that Tysons first year was an Arabian abortion complete with the coat hanger and camel to lick up the embryo.

DaneMcCloud
08-02-2010, 11:36 PM
It is a little early for the self shoulder patting but I agree that Tysons first year was a complete Arabian abortion complete with the coat hanger and camel to lick up the embryo.

Clearly, you weren't around on draft day 2009.

Luckily, you caught me in a good mood so I won't neg rep you.

Chief3188
08-02-2010, 11:38 PM
Clearly, you weren't around on draft day 2009.

Luckily, you caught me in a good mood so I won't neg rep you.

I honestly don't remember where I was on draft day 09. But I do remember choking on a red bull and vodka as I tried to choke out " another LSU pick"

Thank god you didn't neg rep me though as I would have been devastated beyond belief to the point that I would have thought that the only way out was to stick my dick in a meat grinder. :)

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-03-2010, 12:12 AM
How the hell could anybody say he's lazy . His sack total should speak for itself !

ChiefsCountry
08-03-2010, 12:54 AM
That Cassel trade set this franchise back farther than anything. We got a worthless QB, broke dick LB, and a 3-4 DE. I like Tyson Jackson as a 3-4 end. I would have took him at Denver's pick but no way in hell at #3. I know why Chiefs did it, bc other than taking one of the WR's, no other position could justified the money. Which was still fucking stupid.

Chief3188
08-03-2010, 01:42 AM
That Cassel trade set this franchise back farther than anything. We got a worthless QB, broke dick LB, and a 3-4 DE. I like Tyson Jackson as a 3-4 end. I would have took him at Denver's pick but no way in hell at #3. I know why Chiefs did it, bc other than taking one of the WR's, no other position could justified the money. Which was still ****ing stupid.

I like having Vrabel for the leadership 34 conversion role but I agree on Cassel. He will be lucky to end up as a poor mans Trent Green. I would have taken a chance on a rookie, Croyle or even Thigpen over giving up a 2nd for Cassel.

I know they made a desperation pick in Jackson worrying about converting to the 34 but they should have been able to see that we were not going to be good either way last year and just taken the BPA and gotten some production out of a #3 overall pick. We could have made due with a rookie FA or Magee and gotten more production out of that position than Tyson gave us last year.

I am still hoping for a miracle turn around from him but I just don't see it from him or Cassel. Cassel got worse even when the protection got better. Anything longer than a 15 yard pass is nothing but a prayer when it comes flailing out of Cassel's hand.

I'll give them a first year throwing shit at the wall pass if this draft class comes together as good as it looks from first glance. But we need a franchise QB if we ever hope to be anything but a bi-annual one and done playoff contender in this league.

DaKCMan AP
08-03-2010, 06:42 AM
Obviously, he's lazy. There's no other explanation for why he hasn't realized all of the talents that allowed him to be second team All-SEC.

#3 overall. Second ****ing team all-league in college. Yeah, it's as stupid as it sounds.

Not defending the TJ pick, but players who aren't first team in their conference do go early. Just like the rest of the draft, some pan out and others don't.

Matt Stafford was never higher than 2nd team All-SEC and he went #1 overall.
Ernie Sims was never 1st team All-SEC and went #9 overall.
Ronnie Brown was never higher than 2nd team All-SEC and went #2 overall.
Dewayne Robertson was never higher than 2nd team All-SEC and went #4 overall.

KCUnited
08-03-2010, 06:53 AM
The best part was, after Maas said the Chiefs thought Jackson was lazy, Nick Wright countered with, 'isn't some of that on the coaching?' It was like listening to the Olson twins trying to order off a lunch menu.

Marcellus
08-03-2010, 06:54 AM
Is this the same Bill Maas who cant remember to take a loaded gun out of his carry on bag when going to the airport?

HemiEd
08-03-2010, 07:44 AM
Is this the same Bill Maas who cant remember to take a loaded gun out of his carry on bag when going to the airport?

:clap:

penguinz
08-03-2010, 07:56 AM
The best part was, after Maas said the Chiefs thought Jackson was lazy, Nick Wright countered with, 'isn't some of that on the coaching?' It was like listening to the Olson twins trying to order off a lunch menu.Nick Wright has to be one of the most ignorant sports radio personalities in KC.

dirk digler
08-03-2010, 12:14 PM
Here is a more complete version of the conservation:

"I can tell you this," Maas began. "Tyson Jackson has a tremendous amount of ability. Tyson Jackson has quick feet. Tyson Jackson has explosive hips. Tyson Jackson is big, strong, fast and athletic.

"Did you see his workouts at the Combine? The guy is an athlete."

Obviously Maas feels Jackson has the potential to be a better-than-average defensive lineman in the league. He goes on to give a reason why he may have trouble realizing his potential.

"Tyson Jackson's problem right now, where he stands right now, I know this is how the Chiefs feel about him right now -- Tyson Jackson is lazy. They have to get Tyson Jackson excited to do everything. When you have to get a defensive player excited to play defense, that can be big trouble."

Maas goes on to say that during drills and during games, Jackson is "doing just enough each time to get by."

DJ's left nut
08-03-2010, 12:22 PM
Remember when Pioli came in and everyone talked about how great it was to have a GM that "wasn't in the PR business" and that Pioli was all about football - no games.

Now we have a media member leaking stories about Pioli's first high draft pick being 'lazy'. Stories evidently based on information recieved from a source inside Chiefs' management.

You're right - Pioli doesn't play the PR game at all.

Carry on...

blaise
08-03-2010, 12:24 PM
I guess Jackson doesn't get motivated by Haley's tough guy, baby Parcells act.

DJ's left nut
08-03-2010, 12:28 PM
I guess Jackson doesn't get motivated by Haley's tough guy, baby Parcells act.

"He was part of the right 53.

Now he's not.

Our intense and infallible scouting of him clearly established that he was a high intensity player that would continue to play well even after signing an incredibly lucrative deal (a deal he wouldn't have been given had he been drafted in a position commensurate with his ability/position, but that's neither here nor there - ed.).

The problem is the demons. The demons took hold of young Tyson.

We're doing what we can to exorcise said demons, but thus far have learned only that neither having a pampered golfer yell at him or a jolly old fat man smile at him has done the trick."

{/Pioli}

Stay tuned...

blaise
08-03-2010, 12:30 PM
Maybe the Texans will let the Chiefs sign Bernard Pollard back for a day so they can release him and make an example of him again. That would probably jolt Jackson enough to get him motivated. Then Pollard can just go back to the Texans.

dirk digler
08-03-2010, 12:44 PM
I am going to hold off my judgment of Jackson until after the season. Most D-Line take 2-3 years to develop and Dorsey was a Top 5 pick and he really hasn't lit it up either.

HemiEd
08-03-2010, 12:44 PM
My thinking is, even Scott Pioli would like to have a "Mulligan," on what he thought was a "safe" first Chiefs pick.

Hopefully, he will attain late first round pick status, before he is gone.

For those of us that have followed this team for over 4 decades, it is not what I envisioned, with their highest pick, since I have been a fan.

DJ's left nut
08-03-2010, 12:45 PM
I am going to hold off my judgment of Jackson until after the season. Most D-Line take 2-3 years to develop and Dorsey was a Top 5 pick and he really hasn't lit it up either.

Our GM Of The Decade forcing a square peg into a round hole probably didn't help Mr. Dorsey.

He couldn't have fucked up this defense any worse on purpose. Thank God he finally stumbled into Eric Berry.

dirk digler
08-03-2010, 12:53 PM
Our GM Of The Decade forcing a square peg into a round hole probably didn't help Mr. Dorsey.

He couldn't have fucked up this defense any worse on purpose. Thank God he finally stumbled into Eric Berry.

I don't really consider what they did was forcing a square peg into a round role. The D-Line and LB's had very little talent\potential outside of Dorsey and possibly Hali.

DaneMcCloud
08-03-2010, 01:01 PM
I don't really consider what they did was forcing a square peg into a round role. The D-Line and LB's had very little talent\potential outside of Dorsey and possibly Hali.

Oh, give me a fucking break.

Dorsey has been out of position since he entered the NFL. He should be a one-gapper like Jay Ratliff in Dallas in 3-4 and Gunther played him out of position in the 4-3.

It's obvious that his leg injury was far more severe than let on because know, in Year Three, he LOOKS like an NFL defensive lineman.

The Chiefs should be playing a one gap with Jackson, Dorsey and Gilberry on the defensive line. Instead, they'll have Dorsey at 5-tech with Gilberry rotating with TyJack, the $28 million dollar 5 tech, two down player, on passing downs, with guys that don't even belong in the NFL at nose tackle.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

KCUnited
08-03-2010, 01:04 PM
Its Maas, good possibility he was talking about them TJax red tops he scored in Hampsterdam.

I got them TJax, got them Goal Posts, got them Check Downs.

Dave Lane
08-03-2010, 01:10 PM

I definitely don't understand the hate. I'd have have taken a NT instead. But he is starting and he is not the worst player in the universe. Seriously get over the Cassel and Jackson hate. It's ok, we get it that you think they suck. Next subject.

DJ's left nut
08-03-2010, 01:13 PM
I definitely don't understand the hate. I'd have have taken a NT instead. But he is starting and he is not the worst player in the universe. Seriously get over the Cassel and Jackson hate. It's ok, we get it that you think they suck. Next subject.

If he's not the worst starting 5-tech in the league, I'd be curious to know who is.

And if he is, we'll start with the 'worst player in the universe' discussion.

If he can get past Corey Mays, he may have a shot at the title...

DaneMcCloud
08-03-2010, 01:15 PM

You don't understand the hate?

What?

The guy was paid $28 million dollars last year and was THE WORST defensive lineman in all of football, BAR NONE.

There were impact players that could have been chosen at #3 including Oher, Harvin, Cushing and Matthews, guys that would have immediately contributed and most likely have been 10 year players.

Tyson Jackson didn't even out perform Wallace Gilberry, an undrafted free agent. He barely outperformed Alex Magee, the third round pick who equally sucked ass.

What about that can't you understand?

dirk digler
Oh, give me a fucking break.

Dorsey has been out of position since he entered the NFL. He should be a one-gapper like Jay Ratliff in Dallas in 3-4 and Gunther played him out of position in the 4-3.

It's obvious that his leg injury was far more severe than let on because know, in Year Three, he LOOKS like an NFL defensive lineman.

The Chiefs should be playing a one gap with Jackson, Dorsey and Gilberry on the defensive line. Instead, they'll have Dorsey at 5-tech with Gilberry rotating with TyJack, the $28 million dollar 5 tech, two down player, on passing downs, with guys that don't even belong in the NFL at nose tackle.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Like I said the D-line and LB's had very little talent or potential outside of 2-3 players. I don't know if those players warrant not changing the scheme over especially when they are part of a team that went 4-12 and 2-14 and ended up last in defense.

Dave Lane
Who would you have taken? I'd have like Raji but the pickings were pretty damn slim.

DaneMcCloud
08-03-2010, 01:17 PM
Who would you have taken? I'd have like Raji but the pickings were pretty damn slim.

Are you kidding me?

First off, I would have taken Sanchez, but the trade for Cassel negated that move. After that, it would have been Oher, Harvin, Cushing or Matthews.

But it doesn't matter who I would have chosen, because I'm not being paid $5 million dollars per year to run the Chiefs organization and make those decisions.

The guy in charge fully fucked up the 2009 NFL Draft.

FUCKED UP.

onwardthruthefog
08-03-2010, 01:21 PM
:ZZZ::ZZZ::ZZZ::ZZZ::ZZZ::ZZZ::ZZZ::ZZZ::ZZZ::ZZZ::ZZZ::ZZZ::ZZZ::ZZZ::ZZZ::ZZZ::ZZZ::ZZZ::ZZZ::ZZZ:

are we really still discussing this? you people need to get over it. the feelings are understood, the same boring discussion isn't.

Dave Lane
08-03-2010, 01:21 PM
You don't understand the hate?

What?

The guy was paid $28 million dollars last year and was THE WORST defensive lineman in all of football, BAR NONE.

There were impact players that could have been chosen at #3 including Oher, Harvin, Cushing and Matthews, guys that would have immediately contributed and most likely have been 10 year players.

Tyson Jackson didn't even out perform Wallace Gilberry, an undrafted free agent. He barely outperformed Alex Magee, the third round pick who equally sucked ass.

What about that can't you understand?

Jeez he's not that freaking bad. It's not like he's Jamarcus Russel out there. Was he a non factor? Was he a big disappointment? Absolutely. Can he get better? Can he totally bust? Absolutely.

I'm giving him 3 years to show something and personally I could care less what he or Cassel are getting paid. All I care about is are they going to be good and if not who else can we get?

DaneMcCloud
08-03-2010, 01:23 PM
Jeez he's not that freaking bad. It's not like he's Jamarcus Russel out there.

LMAO

That's pretty much exactly who he was: The Jamarcus Russell of 5-tech defensive ends.

LMAO

DJ's left nut
08-03-2010, 01:27 PM

Even after the Cassel trade I endorsed picking Sanchez.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=5636130&highlight=sanchez#post5636130

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=5651824&highlight=sanchez#post5651824

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=5701569&highlight=sanchez#post5701569

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=5700769&highlight=sanchez#post5700769

I was assured that it was "beyond stupid"

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-03-2010, 01:33 PM
Tyson Jackson wasn't the Jamarcus Russell of 5-techs, he was the Jeff Lageman of 5-techniques.

And the worst player in the universe is Jake O'Connell. He couldn't start for Mizzou over piece of shit Andrew Jones, and he's getting meaningful reps in TC.

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-03-2010, 01:34 PM
We all know that I championed picking Cassel, much to the disdain of ball-washers everywhere. But I also advocated that if we weren't taking a QB, we should take Maclin, as he'd be the best fit for the offense, and the best positional value.

Dave Lane
08-03-2010, 01:52 PM
I was a fan of Sanchez too. I would have taken him and traded Cassel to the donkeys for Brandon Marshall and a 2nd rounder personally.

Even after the Cassel trade I endorsed picking Sanchez.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=5636130&highlight=sanchez#post5636130

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=5651824&highlight=sanchez#post5651824

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=5701569&highlight=sanchez#post5701569

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=5700769&highlight=sanchez#post5700769

I was assured that it was "beyond stupid"

ChiefMojo
08-03-2010, 02:44 PM
QUIT FU*KING DRAFTING LSU PLAYERS!!!!!!!

Psyko Tek
08-03-2010, 06:50 PM

Dude...

Please...

STFU

Hail to the King, baby

SAUTO
08-03-2010, 06:59 PM
We all know that I championed picking Cassel, much to the disdain of ball-washers everywhere. But I also advocated that if we weren't taking a QB, we should take Maclin, as he'd be the best fit for the offense, and the best positional value.

lol dont you mean sanchez?
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
08-03-2010, 07:02 PM
Tyson Jackson wasn't the Jamarcus Russell of 5-techs, he was the Jeff Lageman of 5-techniques.

And the worst player in the universe is Jake O'Connell. He couldn't start for Mizzou over piece of shit Andrew Jones, and he's getting meaningful reps in TC.

No he's not.

13and3
08-03-2010, 07:07 PM
yeah, lets take a 4-3 and jam it in to a 3-4.

Reerun_KC
08-03-2010, 08:07 PM
A player from LSU is lazy?

When did that start?

ChiefsFanatic
08-03-2010, 08:16 PM
He said this on the radio today. He emphasized that the KNOWS that the Chiefs thinks TJ is lazy. He intimated that he has an inside source. I guess the coaches think that TJ isn't trying hard enough. He has the skills and ability to be a really good player, but just isn't putting out the effort.

That's what he said. Take it with a grain of salt. I'm just the messenger. :D

This is probably a leak orchestrated by Pioli, so when Jackson ends up a huge bust, he can say it wasn't his fault for picking a late 1st rounder at number 3. He will just say that Jackson was just never motivated to reach his potential.

stevieray
08-03-2010, 08:34 PM
:ZZZ::ZZZ::ZZZ::ZZZ::ZZZ::ZZZ::ZZZ::ZZZ::ZZZ::ZZZ::ZZZ::ZZZ::ZZZ::ZZZ::ZZZ::ZZZ::ZZZ::ZZZ::ZZZ::ZZZ:

are we really still discussing this? .

you're kidding right?

the spilt milk puddle is only gonna get bigger.

DaneMcCloud
08-03-2010, 08:40 PM
you're kidding right?

the spilt milk puddle is only gonna get bigger.

If Tyson Jackon's play this year is even 100 degrees different from last year, I'll acknowledge that I was premature in judging his career.

But quite honestly, I didn't see anything last year that would lead me to believe that he could make a 100 degree turn, let alone a 180.

He's a completely different player than say Glenn Dorsey, of whom I've always believed in. Even the recent pictures show he's definitely moving in the right direction and I truly believe that he'll be a force in the coming years.

I can't say the same for Jackson.

Deberg_1990
08-03-2010, 08:58 PM
I only trust Maas opinion when it comes to guns and blow.

chiefzilla1501
08-03-2010, 09:32 PM
If Tyson Jackon's play this year is even 100 degrees different from last year, I'll acknowledge that I was premature in judging his career.

But quite honestly, I didn't see anything last year that would lead me to believe that he could make a 100 degree turn, let alone a 180.

He's a completely different player than say Glenn Dorsey, of whom I've always believed in. Even the recent pictures show he's definitely moving in the right direction and I truly believe that he'll be a force in the coming years.

I can't say the same for Jackson.

I'd be shocked if he wasn't better. A 5-technique requires you to do a lot of reading of defenses that these DTs aren't asked to do in college. The more comfortable he gets reading defenses and instantly moving with the snap, the more aggressive he'll be. And Romeo will most definitely get the most out of him--he's a 3-4 D-line guru. 100 degrees is definitely possible within 1-2 years. Unfortunately, 180 probably is not.

Reerun_KC
08-03-2010, 10:02 PM
QUIT FU*KING DRAFTING LSU PLAYERS!!!!!!!

Thread over. They all suck the penis. Just stop draftingshit from LSU.

ChiefsCountry
08-03-2010, 10:07 PM
Thread over. They all suck the penis. Just stop draftingshit from LSU.

Yeah Dwayne Bowe and Glen Dorsey sure suck. :huh:

DaneMcCloud
08-03-2010, 10:23 PM
I'd be shocked if he wasn't better.

Then I hope you're prepared for 120 volts to your ass

petegz28
08-03-2010, 11:45 PM
JFC, the guy has played all of one season in a new position with dick for talent around him and a terrible DC coaching him. Give the guy a break already.

salame
08-04-2010, 03:56 AM
yuck