PDA

View Full Version : Football I know it's only preseason....

luv
08-02-2010, 10:43 PM
...and the game doesn't mean squat, but there's a football game Sunday night!

DBOSHO
08-02-2010, 10:45 PM
WOOOOOOT!

whos playing?

Bugeater
08-02-2010, 10:46 PM
It will be entertaining for about a quarter or so, then it will turn into a Crackwagon nut fondling event.

Bugeater
WOOOOOOT!

whos playing?
Bengals and Cowboys

luv
WOOOOOOT!

whos playing?

Dallas at Cincinatti at 7pm CST on NBC.

luv
08-02-2010, 10:48 PM
It will be entertaining for about a quarter or so, then it will turn into a Crackwagon nut fondling event.

Yeah, the last commercial I saw for it, they were making a big deal about it being TO's first game against Dallas since leaving. Too bad it's only preseason. I doubt neither him nor Romo even play that much.

Willie Lanier
08-02-2010, 10:48 PM
Thank whichever diety, it's time for football

Bugeater
08-02-2010, 10:56 PM
Yeah, the last commercial I saw for it, they were making a big deal about it being TO's first game against Dallas since leaving. Too bad it's only preseason. I doubt neither him nor Romo even play that much.
Oh **** me, I didn't even think about the TO factor. Not to mention that I cringe every time I hear the name(?) Ochocinco. The most fuggin' gay ass attention whoring lame gimmick any professional football player ever pulled.

luv
08-02-2010, 10:58 PM
Oh **** me, I didn't even think about the TO factor. Not to mention that I cringe every time I hear the name(?) Ochocinco. The most fuggin' gay ass attention whoring lame gimmick any professional football ever pulled.

If LJ was still with them, I'd have to say they'd be my most hated team in football this year (non-con of course).

Mama Hip Rockets
08-02-2010, 10:58 PM
Dallas at Cincinatti at 7pm CST on NBC.
:ZZZ:

Fumblerooski
08-02-2010, 11:03 PM
If LJ was still with them, I'd have to say they'd be my most hated team in football this year (non-con of course).

Can you teach my wife to speak like that?

luv
08-02-2010, 11:08 PM
Can you teach my wife to speak like that?

You know where I learned a lot of it? If you don't want her on here, but want her to learn something about football, I HIGHLY recommend:

http://0.tqn.com/d/football/1/G/y/1/getyourown.jpg

http://football.about.com/od/football101/gr/getyourown.htm

The Bottom Line

At About Football, we offer a bare-bones look at the game for beginners, but Holly Robinson Peete, wife of former NFL quarterback Rodney Peete, takes it one step further by delving into a more detailed description of the game without overwhelming the inexperienced fan. Aimed at the female fan, "Get Your Own Beer" takes the confusion out of the game by breaking it down into an easy-to-understand guide that is beneficial to men and women alike.

It's a little dated now as references to players go, but still a good read.

08-02-2010, 11:08 PM
:ZZZ:No shit. I also wish NBC would get over their damned affair with Romo as well.

evolve27
08-02-2010, 11:12 PM
Fuck yeah, I'll be watching.

DBOSHO
08-02-2010, 11:14 PM
:ZZZ:

i wouldnt care if it was the rams vs the browns. the NFL is back

Fumblerooski
08-02-2010, 11:18 PM
You know where I learned a lot of it? If you don't want her on here, but want her to learn something about football, I HIGHLY recommend:

(It's really stupid I have to edit out the images in your quotes just to post... I know why, but it's stupid anyway.) :doh!:

The Bottom Line

At About Football, we offer a bare-bones look at the game for beginners, but Holly Robinson Peete, wife of former NFL quarterback Rodney Peete, takes it one step further by delving into a more detailed description of the game without overwhelming the inexperienced fan. Aimed at the female fan, "Get Your Own Beer" takes the confusion out of the game by breaking it down into an easy-to-understand guide that is beneficial to men and women alike.

It's a little dated now as references to players go, but still a good read.

Noted and will most likely be purchased... Love Holly Robinson since the 21 Jumpstreet days...

By the way, can anyone tell me the criteria I have to meet to post pictures? The only reason I made an account after 4+ years of lurkerdom was to throw some of my work in Zack's Picture thread.

Mama Hip Rockets
08-02-2010, 11:25 PM
No shit. I also wish NBC would get over their damned affair with Romo as well.

I wish the Cowboys were not on national television 14 times a year.

luv
08-02-2010, 11:25 PM
Fuck yeah, I'll be watching.
Fuck yeah!
Exactly.
Noted and will most likely be purchased... Love Holly Robinson since the 21 Jumpstreet days...

By the way, can anyone tell me the criteria I have to meet to post pictures? The only reason I made an account after 4+ years of lurkerdom was to throw some of my work in Zack's Picture thread.

Not sure if it's length of time as a member, post count, or a combination of things.

08-02-2010, 11:34 PM
I wish the Cowboys were not on national television 14 times a year.NO kidding. :#

bevischief
08-03-2010, 05:27 AM

about a thousand.

|Zach|
08-03-2010, 07:14 AM

100 posts I think.

Sofa King
08-03-2010, 07:24 AM
No shit. I also wish NBC would get over their damned affair with Romo as well.

Most overrated QB, and maybe even player, in the NFL IMO.

Mama Hip Rockets
08-03-2010, 11:14 AM
Most overrated QB, and maybe even player, in the NFL IMO.

but...but...he dated Jessica Simpson!

Param
08-03-2010, 11:17 AM
preseason? I'll find something better to do with my time.

LaChapelle
08-03-2010, 11:21 AM
NBC dump the gay ass robot the transformers are from the 80's
which happens to be the last time any of your NFL today members where in the NFL
other than the buck tooth subway attention whore

Bearcat
08-03-2010, 11:24 AM

I always think that leading up to the first preseason game, and I tend to think the same about college football (don't care if it's Iowa State vs Sisters of the Blind, it's football!).... then by halftime it's 'eh, bring on the Chiefs or a decent game'.

luv
08-03-2010, 11:35 AM
I always think that leading up to the first preseason game, and I tend to think the same about college football (don't care if it's Iowa State vs Sisters of the Blind, it's football!).... then by halftime it's 'eh, bring on the Chiefs or a decent game'.

This is why I changed the gathering in Springfield from Saturday night to Sunday night. We can watch some football, but then talk or shoot pool if it gets too boring.

Quesadilla Joe
08-03-2010, 11:39 AM
I can't wait to see Tebow play.

CoMoChief
08-03-2010, 02:13 PM

I'd rather watch a Big12 football game than to watch that matchup.

FlaChief58
08-03-2010, 07:34 PM
:toast: Amen, I never have been much for preseason but I will catch the 1st 1/2 of a couple of Chiefs games to try to get a feel for how they are pro / regressing.

preseason? I'll find something better to do with my time.

Nzoner
08-03-2010, 07:38 PM
This is why I changed the gathering in Springfield from Saturday night to Sunday night. We can watch some football, but then talk or shoot pool when it gets too boring.

FYP

Buck
08-03-2010, 07:45 PM
When comparing football season to a boner, the preseason doesn't even register. Shit is flaccid, yo.

Nzoner
08-03-2010, 07:46 PM
When comparing football season to a boner, the preseason doesn't even register. Shit is flaccid, yo.

I'd go semi-erect,it sure beats the hell out of NASCAR

grandllama
08-03-2010, 09:27 PM
I'd go semi-erect,it sure beats the hell out of NASCAR

After being forced to watch and report racing all season, I agree with you there... any football, even CFL, is better than this shit they call racing right now.

teedubya
08-03-2010, 09:30 PM
Is this the OFFICIAL thread? Where are the ****s? lol. N00b

milkman
08-03-2010, 09:40 PM

Since preseason games are exhibitions, thus not official, you can't do an official game threads.

And yes, I will be watching.

I don't care how bad the football is, it's football.

I'll be camped in front of my TV with NFL Network throughout the preseason.

luv
08-03-2010, 09:45 PM

Since preseason games are exhibitions, thus not official, you can't do an official game threads.

Thank you, milkman.

I also hadn't even intended for it to be a game thread. I'm just anxious for the season to start.

KcMizzou
08-03-2010, 09:48 PM
After being forced to watch and report racing all season, I agree with you there... any football, even CFL, is better than this shit they call racing right now.Llama!!!!

Holy shit, there's a blast from the past. Hope life's been treating you well, dude.

KcMizzou
08-03-2010, 09:51 PM
Thank you, milkman.

I also hadn't even intended for it to be a game thread. I'm just anxious for the season to start.Yep, I'll watch the scrubs play, and enjoy it. (For a while.) It's football.

I'm all for that 2 preseason 18 game regular season thing.

grandllama
08-03-2010, 09:53 PM
Llama!!!!

Holy shit, there's a blast from the past. Hope life's been treating you well, dude.

Gotta keep ya'll on your toes LOL!

Like I told Joe, I still lurk around from time to time...

Things are good now, hope they are calming down enough that I can remember the things that are important to me.... like football... and beer.... and chicks... and well, you get the picture :-)

Hope all is well with you buddy!

~Llama

Nzoner
08-03-2010, 09:54 PM
I'm all for that 2 preseason 18 game regular season thing.

http://www.filmsnmovies.com/media/posts/000445.jpg

grandllama
08-03-2010, 09:57 PM
http://www.filmsnmovies.com/media/posts/000445.jpg

Yep, here's hoping that's one good thing that comes out of negotiations this year.

The only other good thing that could come out of it is a stalemate which would get this POS city off their high horse about hosting the SB in 2012.

luv
08-03-2010, 09:58 PM
After being forced to watch and report racing all season, I agree with you there... any football, even CFL, is better than this shit they call racing right now.

Do I have you on facebook? I'm thinking I don't. Why is that?

KcMizzou
08-03-2010, 09:58 PM
Gotta keep ya'll on your toes LOL!

Like I told Joe, I still lurk around from time to time...

Things are good now, hope they are calming down enough that I can remember the things that are important to me.... like football... and beer.... and chicks... and well, you get the picture :-)

Hope all is well with you buddy!

~LlamaCan't complain...

Good to see you around here again. (And that you have your priorities straight..lol) :toast:

grandllama
08-03-2010, 10:07 PM
Do I have you on facebook? I'm thinking I don't. Why is that?

cuz I dropped off the planet during the great Myspace to Facebook exodus LOL

grandllama
08-03-2010, 10:08 PM
Can't complain...

Good to see you around here again. (And that you have your priorities straight..lol) :toast:

You still workin where you used to work? Can't tell you how many times I've driven by there on the way to see the teens and thought I should stop by...

luv
08-03-2010, 10:20 PM
cuz I dropped off the planet during the great Myspace to Facebook exodus LOL

Do people still use MySpace?

KcMizzou
08-03-2010, 10:23 PM
You still workin where you used to work? Can't tell you how many times I've driven by there on the way to see the teens and thought I should stop by...Yep. Going on 10 years now. (Gotta get that 3rd week of vacation)

grandllama
08-03-2010, 10:27 PM
Do people still use MySpace?

The reporter's at my TV station use my account so they can track down the perverts and murderers....

Don't know what that says about me that I still have my MySpace account LMAO

grandllama
08-03-2010, 10:28 PM
Yep. Going on 10 years now. (Gotta get that 3rd week of vacation)

LOL... what's vacation... closest I had was 1 year of unemployment ;)

R8RFAN
08-04-2010, 06:07 AM
I would watch it even if the Chiefs were in it