PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Can we get different training camp reports/stories/updates as new threads?

wutamess
08-03-2010, 09:55 AM
It's crazy to sift through the Official one.
I was gone over the weekend and I'm not about to sift through pages upon pages of bullshit just to get a couple of stories.

The old way is better. Now it still feels like the offseason with BS stupid shit on the front page instead of being filled with NFL articles/updates.
There was nothing like coming to the front page and seeing a thread titled... "8/2 Morning practice update" or "8/2 Todd Haley QA", etc.

Besides... I tried looking for TC updates on the front page. Only to remember after about a day that it'd been stickied in one freaking million comment thread.

Letter rip people. BUCK THE SYTEM!

Brock
08-03-2010, 10:01 AM
I'd have to second this.

DeezNutz
08-03-2010, 10:09 AM
I do not like the current location of the training camp thread.

tyton75
08-03-2010, 10:10 AM
Finally, I agree with Roger about something.

Please put the Chiefs news on the chiefs board :)

ModSocks
08-03-2010, 10:12 AM
I agree. But the twitter deal on the official thread is kinda cool though.

Mr. Laz
08-03-2010, 10:14 AM
i guess fulls stories and reports as their own thread ... short little twitter stuff in the training camp thread?

Consistent1
08-03-2010, 10:16 AM
I like this idea also. The big threads in general lose their burst quickly to me. There are all kinds of goofy threads anyway.

Slainte
08-03-2010, 10:21 AM
Agreeden.

philfree
08-03-2010, 10:31 AM
I third this. A variety of threads = a variety of conversations. One thread = one conversation that is now dominated by t Jax sucks and will never live up to his draft status. That sucks!

PhilFree:arrow:

LaChapelle
08-03-2010, 10:40 AM
Start a trend

Rooster
08-03-2010, 10:46 AM
Agreed....

Dante84
08-03-2010, 11:06 AM
I dunno, my two cents: I like it in one spot bc I just remember what page I am on, and pick it back up. That way i dont have to look for 15 different threads, with some of the titles sucking because Randy Randomson gave it a witty title, and then 4 reposts of the same article.

Hydrae
08-03-2010, 11:25 AM
It's crazy to sift through the Official one.
I was gone over the weekend and I'm not about to sift through pages upon pages of bullshit just to get a couple of stories.

The old way is better. Now it still feels like the offseason with BS stupid shit on the front page instead of being filled with NFL articles/updates.
There was nothing like coming to the front page and seeing a thread titled... "8/2 Morning practice update" or "8/2 Todd Haley QA", etc.

Besides... I tried looking for TC updates on the front page. Only to remember after about a day that it'd been stickied in one freaking million comment thread.

Letter rip people. BUCK THE SYTEM!

The bolded are the threads I look for this time of year. I agree that little updates like the twitter feed should be where they are but daily updates should be their own thread with their own responses.

go bo
08-03-2010, 11:53 AM
me too...

Brock
08-03-2010, 11:56 AM
I dunno, my two cents: I like it in one spot bc I just remember what page I am on, and pick it back up. That way i dont have to look for 15 different threads, with some of the titles sucking because Randy Randomson gave it a witty title, and then 4 reposts of the same article.

Maybe, but you can't really discuss a succession of articles in one thread very well.

Fritz88
08-03-2010, 12:06 PM
Anal that.

38yrsfan
08-03-2010, 12:54 PM
:clap: I agree ...

- new day, new article, new thread.

- page one is constantly full of stupid crap

:deevee:

Jawshco
08-03-2010, 02:30 PM
The bolded are the threads I look for this time of year. I agree that little updates like the twitter feed should be where they are but daily updates should be their own thread with their own responses.

This sounds like a much better idea to me too. I'll keep looking and posting on the official sites regarding "overall" things and twitter related news, but the individual reports deserve their own threads.

Also, I'll post when I can on the Bob Gretz thread.

MMXcalibur
08-03-2010, 02:49 PM
I agree with new topics for each new day's practice/information.

If you have one place for ALL the news at training camp, its hard to start a discussion about that day's events because normally, two or three idiots have hijacked the main thread talking or arguing about something outside of those people care about. Might be nit-picking, but I haven't visited the "main" training camp thread because its a pain to sift through.

Separate topics for separate days, I say.

wutamess
08-03-2010, 02:51 PM
Separate topics for separate NEWS, I say.

FYP :thumb:

Crush
08-03-2010, 03:06 PM
How about both? That way everyone gets what they want. The repost police would just have to tone it down.
Posted via Mobile Device

beach tribe
08-03-2010, 03:10 PM
Can someone please merge this with the TC thread?:)

Seriously though, is there any way we can make a designated football area?
If you're gone for a week or so, you may have to sift through a few pages or more of the Planet collective's problems, fears, nightmares, premature failed tantric ejaculations, naked neighbors, sore buttholes, career frustrations, general hatreds and angers, interests, desires, dreams, reactions to V Gholston being a complete waste of space, and of course, a cpl, "whaaaaaaaa!!! Dane is such an asshole" threads.(I made one when I was n00ber)

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a lot of that stuff. The planet would not be the same without it, and "the lounge" is definitely the place for it, but we need a spot for strictly football news/info. What say ye?

smittysbar
08-03-2010, 03:35 PM
I agree completely!!!!! I don't get to get on here very much in the summer, once a day at the most, I don't have the time to sift through all the BS in the official thread. Plus it would open up more discussion for new news.

MOhillbilly
08-03-2010, 03:56 PM
ya i dont like the one thread to rule them all.

seclark
08-03-2010, 04:10 PM
ya i dont like the one thread to rule them all.

i didn't know it was this way until yesterday. once i noticed it up in w/the stickies, i figured it out.

apparently, i don't get out enough.
sec

icepick64
08-03-2010, 06:16 PM
Agree completely. I hate not having football topics everywhere, sucks for a lurker

DaFace
08-03-2010, 07:32 PM
Can someone please merge this with the TC thread?:)

Seriously though, is there any way we can make a designated football area?
If you're gone for a week or so, you may have to sift through a few pages or more of the Planet collective's problems, fears, nightmares, premature failed tantric ejaculations, naked neighbors, sore buttholes, career frustrations, general hatreds and angers, interests, desires, dreams, reactions to V Gholston being a complete waste of space, and of course, a cpl, "whaaaaaaaa!!! Dane is such an asshole" threads.(I made one when I was n00ber)

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a lot of that stuff. The planet would not be the same without it, and "the lounge" is definitely the place for it, but we need a spot for strictly football news/info. What say ye?

Top bar. Forums. Filters. Football Topics. Profit.