PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Walter Football's 2011 Mock Draft 7/19

Tribal Warfare
08-03-2010, 06:20 PM
Walter Football's 2011 Mock Draft 7/19 (http://walterfootball.com/draft2011.php)

3.) Kansas City Chiefs: Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford
Matt Cassel is due a $7.5 million option bonus before the 2011 season. If he has another bad year - if the Chiefs are drafting No. 3 overall, that's definitely the case - then he will be released. Kansas City will then do what it should have done in the first place - draft a franchise signal caller early in the first round (Mark Sanchez, 2009 or Jimmy Clausen in the second round, 2010).

Andrew Luck will be a redshirt sophomore this season, but there's still a good chance he declares. If he's still projected to go this high or if Jim Harbaugh takes an NFL coaching job, Luck will bolt for the NFL.

Pick change; previously Jake Locker, QB

Brock
08-03-2010, 06:20 PM
3? No.

Titty Meat
08-03-2010, 06:23 PM
Yes please to Luck. Chiefs won't be drafting at 3 though.

Tribal Warfare
08-03-2010, 06:25 PM

You never know, a lot of variables could work against or for any team in the season.

crazychiefsfan
08-03-2010, 06:31 PM
If Cassel fails. Here comes Brady!!! Brady is in contract problems. If it doesn't work out in NE where do you think he will go huh? huh? huh?

DeezNutz
08-03-2010, 06:34 PM
Yes, let's discuss more QBs that this franchise will never draft. And by "more" I mean any collegiate QB.

BWillie
08-03-2010, 06:36 PM
If Cassel fails. Here comes Brady!!! Brady is in contract problems. If it doesn't work out in NE where do you think he will go huh? huh? huh?

We then make the playoffs for the first time since Joe Montana. End up not being good enough. That kick starts us to be the most winning team in the regular season 2011-2020 but with only one playoff win. Fans become mad at being good every year but not winning the Superbowl and we hire 75 year old Herm Edwards to take over the reigns once again to rebuild.

-King-
08-03-2010, 06:36 PM
Yes, let's discuss more QBs that this franchise will never draft. And by "more" I mean any collegiate QB.

Your mom goes to college.

Param
08-03-2010, 06:45 PM
(Mark Sanchez, 2009 or Jimmy Clausen in the second round, 2010).

Franchise QB's go in the 1st round. If every team passed on him he's not considered a franchise QB.

DeezNutz
08-03-2010, 06:46 PM
Your mom goes to college.

http://johnny.blog.siol.net/files/2010/04/orson-clapping.gif

KurtCobain
08-03-2010, 07:14 PM
Franchise QB's go in the 1st round. If every team passed on him he's not considered a franchise QB. Carolina didn't pass on him.
Posted via Mobile Device

AustinChief
08-03-2010, 07:14 PM
On offense, I see us going WR or OT
defense, NT(if there is one worth mentioning) or rushbacker.

Sadly, we have a pretty serious need for all four... even if most of this years picks work out..

the Talking Can
08-03-2010, 07:17 PM
nope, the same people will say it's too risky to take a QB and they'll all magically have some fatal flaw....

and anyways, we'll win just enough game to ensure we miss out on a QB while being stuck with Cassel for yet another year....bank on it

SPATCH
08-03-2010, 07:19 PM
Yeah.. Yeah, no

Nightfyre
08-03-2010, 07:58 PM
Andrew Luck is my favorite QB prospect since... well I can remember.

BWillie
08-03-2010, 08:09 PM
Andrew Luck is my favorite QB prospect since... well I can remember.

Jevan Snead? lol

Dante84
08-03-2010, 08:27 PM
On offense, I see us going WR or OT
defense, NT(if there is one worth mentioning) or rushbacker.

Sadly, we have a pretty serious need for all four... even if most of this years picks work out..

For our first rounder?

OFFENSE

I doubt we go OT.... that would mean BA would have to fail MISERABLY or get severely injured (knock on wood).

WR doesn't seem like a viable first rounder either, seeing as we have our Wes Welker clone, A new favorite WR, and one with a ton of potential that drops a lot.

QB only if Cassel is horrible/hurt and we pick top 5-10. But with the easier schedule, a full offseason of one system under his feet, with upgraded weapons and a more attentive and experienced OC, I dont see this being the case.

Center is a huge need, but this is not worthy of a first rounder unless we are picking in the late 20's.... and even then.... you can snag one in rounds 2-4.

TE if Moeaki is severely hurt and we are picking in the late 20's and a can't miss stud is available. And even then...

DEFENSE

NT I can see. Its by no means sexy, and 3 DL in 4 years, or 4 Lineman out of 5 firsts in 4 years, isn't fun. But it might be/very likely is the big need for our D to go to the next level.

Rush backer I can also see. I'd venture to guess that we will be in the 10-20 range, the spot where the premier LB's start falling. However, we have Tamba, and I think Studababay/Sheffield might have enough potential to eliminate justification for our first on OLB. Unless there is a can't miss stud.

ILB I think is more likely than OLB, because who knows what DJ will do, and Williams/Mays/Belcher are probably not starting caliber ILBs at this point. The rest of the guys are kind of a crap shoot also. With two spots to fill, and our pick likely being in the 10-20 range, I think this would be a solid guess.

Based on thinking this over while typing.... I DO think we go defense with our first, and I DO think it will be a NT or Linebacker. Based on our drafting position, my guess is that we get a NT or ILB. What will be key to watch for is FA and injuries, obviously. With two ??'s to fill at ILB.....

I think the Chiefs will draft an ILB with our first round pick in 2011.

Quesadilla Joe
08-03-2010, 08:29 PM
If Denver picks in the top 10 next year I will leave this place forever.

Dante84
08-03-2010, 08:30 PM

YOU READ IT HERE FIRST

Mecca
08-03-2010, 09:30 PM
Saying the Chiefs don't need a WR is pretty homerish talk, especially when you look at the list of the guys for next years draft.

Dante84
08-03-2010, 09:35 PM
Saying the Chiefs don't need a WR is pretty homerish talk, especially when you look at the list of the guys for next years draft.

Mecca smelled the draft talk.

We do need a WR. Question is.... 1st round next year? Especially if what you say is true, that WR is deep next year?

Mecca
08-03-2010, 09:39 PM
Uh that draft is going to have AJ Green, Julio Jones, Michael Floyd and Johnny Baldwin if you aren't taking a QB it pretty much has to be a WR.

Dante84
08-03-2010, 09:40 PM
Uh that draft is going to have AJ Green, Julio Jones, Michael Floyd and Johnny Baldwin if you aren't taking a QB it pretty much has to be a WR.

I ask not to be sarcastic, but since you follow college ball much closer than I, but how deep are the NT and LB positions for 2011?

philfree
08-03-2010, 09:41 PM

Five 1st rounders? Chambers is old and if we can get a Fitzgerald type then we should pull that trigger.

I can agree with Mecca.

PhilFree:arrow:

Dante84
08-03-2010, 09:46 PM
Five 1st rounders? Chambers is old and if we can get a Fitzgerald type then we should pull that trigger.

I can agree with Mecca.

Yes. If we can get the type of player who is the best in the NFL at his position, then yes, we should definitely draft that player.

If there's truly a sick mo-trucka WR, then I'll succumb to the sexiness of the position for sure.

Mecca
08-03-2010, 09:48 PM
I ask not to be sarcastic, but since you follow college ball much closer than I, but how deep are the NT and LB positions for 2011?

The NT position is pretty much always going to be what it is in drafts, a few guys and hoping you get lucky with the guy who won't be lazy.

Rushbacker will really depend how things shake out I'm a huge Greg Romeus fan but I'm not sure he profiles as a standing player.

Mecca
08-03-2010, 09:48 PM
Yes. If we can get the type of player who is the best in the NFL at his position, then yes, we should definitely draft that player.

If there's truly a sick mo-trucka WR, then I'll succumb to the sexiness of the position for sure.

How much college ball have you watched, I can direct you to what teams they are on.

DeezNutz
08-03-2010, 09:49 PM

Green.

Dude is a fucking freak.

Dante84
08-03-2010, 09:55 PM
How much college ball have you watched, I can direct you to what teams they are on.

A decent amount, i dont dive in hard until big 12 conference play hits, its more entertainment until the landscape starts taking shape for bowls, standings, etc...

And then I watch based on Chiefs' needs and such.

Sure, i'd love to follow a few guys this season!

The Franchise
08-03-2010, 09:56 PM
Green.

Dude is a fucking freak.

I'll take Floyd if he can stay healthy this year.

Mecca
08-03-2010, 09:59 PM
AJ Green-Georgia
Julio Jones-Alabama
Michael Floyd-Notre Dame
Johnny Baldwin-Pit

Baldwin doesn't get that much pub but he could end up as the best of the bunch, Greg Romeus is a DE on Pitt and a legit first round pick also.

DeezNutz
08-03-2010, 10:01 PM
I'll take Floyd if he can stay healthy this year.

HOOOOOMMMMEEEERRRR.

AustinChief
08-03-2010, 10:05 PM
If we draft in the 8-15 range.. there is crazy WR value to be had next year... assuming Cassel and Albert do ok... WR is the only choice on offense.

Mecca
08-03-2010, 10:10 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WbzuT2K0B68&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WbzuT2K0B68&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

DeezNutz
08-03-2010, 10:12 PM
The answer is Green; he's the #1 WR in this class.

Dante84
08-03-2010, 10:15 PM
I watched vids on all those mentioned.... Green reminds me of Plax. If he can put on 20 lbs of muscle.... look the fuck out.

Dude is sick for sure.

Mecca
08-03-2010, 10:16 PM
I think it's debatable who the best WR is.

Julio Jones has ridiculous natural talent but he doesn't get to show it at the school he's at, Baldwin plays at Pitt so not many people notice him, they're all right together.

DeezNutz
08-03-2010, 10:17 PM
I think it's debatable who the best WR is.

Julio Jones has ridiculous natural talent but he doesn't get to show it at the school he's at, Baldwin plays at Pitt so not many people notice him, they're all right together.

If we're around 10-12, one of these guys will be on the board, so we should all be grateful for the depth.

Dante84
08-03-2010, 10:18 PM
*** Green scares me a little tho, with the way he carries the ball so far from his body.... is he a fumbler by chance?

Mecca
08-03-2010, 10:19 PM
I don't think Green has any huge fumble problems.

Mecca
08-03-2010, 10:25 PM
Another guy to watch is DeAndre Brown out of Southern Miss dude has all the talent in the world and is something like 6'6.

philfree
08-03-2010, 10:35 PM
Let's start this 8 months early.

McShay has us taking a LT candidate with our first pick in 2011 so we can bookend T's with he and Albert. LMAO

Mecca
08-03-2010, 10:39 PM
Which one, Anthony Costonzo?

There aren't that many first round OT's at the moment.

philfree
08-03-2010, 10:47 PM

Yes it's Costonzo.

AustinChief
08-03-2010, 10:56 PM

Carimi, Solder, Wisniewski... you never know at this point... I like Carimi as a RT... and would have no problem taking him if he miraculously slipped to the 2nd round.

The Franchise
08-03-2010, 11:03 PM
HOOOOOMMMMEEEERRRR.

And? He's the only thing Notre Dame has to watch this year.

DaneMcCloud
08-03-2010, 11:08 PM
It is WAY too early for this kind of talk.

And besides that, WALTER IS A FUCKING IDIOT.

Seriously, the guy is mouth breather.

Let's wait until December to talk draft, unless the Chiefs are 2-4 come November.

philfree
08-03-2010, 11:09 PM
I do not want us picking in the top five this year unless we are for sure taking a QB. If Cassel tanks it and we are that bad then fine take a QB but if we aren't going to do that then I want to be drafting far enough down that we don't feel handicapped by positional value. Of course Pioli doesn't really follow postional value like some GMs. I would just as soon pick out of the top 10 if we aren't going QB.

We need more camp reports so we aren't discussing the draft during training camp.

Titty Meat
08-03-2010, 11:43 PM
Quan Studviant would fill an obvious need. I don't know if Marvin Austin is big enough to play NT but he's a stud. Von Miller is a nice OLB and will be drafted high if he's productive since A&M will be running a 3-4. Jarred Crick will be a nice Nose tackle, I also like that D-end from Pittsburgh but I don't know if he transitions to a 3-4 OLB in the NFL.

Mecca
08-03-2010, 11:47 PM
Austin is a penetrating type, he'd end up as an end if we picked him.

The Walter site isn't bad, it's just when you read the guys writeups he doesn't hold back about if he thinks the team makes dumb decisions.

listopencil
08-04-2010, 12:27 AM
So...wait. They are saying that the Packers are going to win the SB because they have pick #32? I recall that there is something odd about pick placement of playoff teams, but not what the rules are. Just looking at the bottom 10 of round one makes me think these guys are smoking too much crack.

listopencil
08-04-2010, 12:27 AM
So...wait. They are saying that the Packers are going to win the SB because they have pick #32? I recall that there is something odd about pick placement of playoff teams, but not what the rules are. Just looking at the bottom 10 of round one makes me think these guys are smoking too much crack.

Nightfyre
09-30-2011, 01:19 AM

Wait, this hasn't been bumped?

HoneyBadger
09-30-2011, 01:29 AM

It has now!

RealSNR
09-30-2011, 01:41 AM
If Denver picks in the top 10 next year I will leave this place forever.BAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA

Nice bump, Nightfyre

Titty Meat
09-30-2011, 01:45 AM

Suck4Luck

Chiefnj2
09-30-2011, 09:57 AM

Nice.

Rooster
09-30-2011, 10:04 AM

:clap:

Pasta Little Brioni
09-30-2011, 11:37 AM
Since when are Mark Sanchez and Jimmy Clausen "franchise QB's"?????

Ahhhh, old article bump. That explains it. Point still stands.