PDA

View Full Version : What Should We Do With TrINT?

Frazod
11-11-2001, 01:41 PM
Anybody else had enough?

KCWolfman
11-11-2001, 01:44 PM
I wanted him shot, but I had to realize that I will not be as angry tomorrow.

Bench him temporarily. If he is the QB of our team next year, he needs the humbling - fast.

Frazod
11-11-2001, 01:45 PM
How long to we have to wait, Russ? He hasn't improved one damn bit. Enough with this clown. I WANT HIM GONE.

KCWolfman
11-11-2001, 01:52 PM
Tim - He will be here next year. Whether we like it or not.

If we bench him and play Germaine or Collins and get similar or better play, then we can build from there.

Of course, I expect the four horsemen to come riding down from heaven followed by Jesus Christ before I see trINT benched.

Frazod
11-11-2001, 01:58 PM
If he keeps this up, maybe he won't be. God this is horrible.

I wonder if Green's trying to set a record for most interceptions in a season? Does anyone know what the record is?

Call Guinness.... :mad:

headsnap
11-11-2001, 02:02 PM
Call Guinness....

too late, I already did!

one for each int, ano one for each jets score

That's seven Guinness Ale down the hatch!

old_geezer
11-11-2001, 02:02 PM
Quick - take him out and shoot him before he passes again. :rolleyes:

old_geezer
11-11-2001, 02:04 PM
Interesting - I see no one has predicted he'll improve.

Me neither :(

KCWolfman
11-11-2001, 02:09 PM
32 ints in one season by the Miami Dolphins in 1978.
I cannot find a stat for individuals, yet.

Phobia
11-11-2001, 02:24 PM
Russ,
The Chiefs record is 18 INTs for a season by Lenny before the NFL went to a 16 game season. I think trINT has this record wrapped up....

Logical
11-11-2001, 02:26 PM
I voted bench him temporarily. Cannot believe people are voting to cut him. Heck at worst he would be a great backup QB and we could get rid of Collins.

tommykat
11-11-2001, 02:27 PM
Geezer......
Well you got your sense of humor back today..:) I like the 3rd person talking.

tommykat
11-11-2001, 02:28 PM
COLLINS????? WHO THE HEL# IS THAT??

YOU ARE MAKING MAXINE'S DAY!

Michael Michigan
11-11-2001, 02:32 PM
Individual--INT record-

Most Passes Had Intercepted, Season
1)42 George Blanda, Houston, 1962

2)35 Vinny Testaverde, Tampa Bay, 1988

3)34 Frank Tripucka, Denver, 1960

Phobia
11-11-2001, 02:34 PM
Well, I'm sure Vinny is pulling for trINT. I'm sure that's one modern record he'd like to have removed....

I can't believe Blanda threw 42 INT's in 14 games.....

47mack
11-11-2001, 02:42 PM
I'm staying with him

Vindicator
11-11-2001, 03:19 PM
If you are good, it shows right out of the gate. You can have bad days, bad plays etc., but if you are good people see it. I don't see nothin here. Cut the loss. Game over.

Mr. Christopher
11-11-2001, 03:24 PM
Bench him temporarily. I'm so pi$$ed off, I want him shot, but I know that won't happen. I also know that, whether we like it or not, we're stuck with him at least until next year. Green should be benched for a game or to just to teach him that he either needs to improve his decision-making or ride the pine.

I am still willing to wait to see what he does next year with a revamped receiving corps. However, I will probably not be very patient with him next year if he continues to play like he has. I will probably only give him one or two games before I start calling for his head.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-11-2001, 03:27 PM
I voted stick with him. He'll improve, and he can't learn from his mistakes if he's not out there experiencing them first hand-adversity. He'll improve, IMO.

CG

is sane

Chiefs Pantalones
11-11-2001, 03:29 PM
Why is everyone on the QB so much? Our defense played like crap, also. I was personally watching Donnie Edwards for some or most of the game, and he stinks, IMO. I saw multiple 'whifs.'

Chiefs Pantalones
11-11-2001, 03:32 PM
How many times did we sack Ferrari Testerosa?

Zero.

chiefsfan1963
11-11-2001, 03:32 PM
as much as i was frustrated watching the game and wanted us to quit on green. i'm not sure i can truly understand what he's up against. all the new players he has to gel with. he just does not seem connected with his receivers. they're totally strangers out there. i don't know who's fault it is.

i'm giving vermeil the benefit of the doubt here. i'm hoping it won't be like this next year.

DaWolf
11-11-2001, 03:33 PM
The QB is the most visible thing when you lose. The team is horrible, and the defense is soft, but the QB will draw the wrath when you lose. That's why he's getting so much heat.

But considering we just allow QB's to stand back there all day, eat lunch, and then have us for dessert, we won't win many football games with this defense...

Phobia
11-11-2001, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Cody Goldizen
Why is everyone on the QB so much? Our defense played like crap, also. I was personally watching Donnie Edwards for some or most of the game, and he stinks, IMO. I saw multiple 'whifs.'

Well, it may be the 4 turnovers..... The defense is disheartened by every turnover Green makes. You think we're bad on this BB, I can't imagine what the D says behind closed doors.....

Chiefs Pantalones
11-11-2001, 03:39 PM
Our rush D sucks, as well.

Our Secondary play is so-so, inconsistent.

Our WRs stink. (DA will not be back next year. Why? He only got action when we were down 27-0. He's in the doghouse, he's gone, etc...however you want to put it.) I think Minnis is ok, but is only a slot WR, although if I were DV I'd say 'eat...or get cut.'

Message to Al Saunders...get on the phone and tell Az not to sign a contract extension, and test the FA waters...do it carefully.:) ;)

Chiefs Pantalones
11-11-2001, 03:40 PM
Kphobia,

I think you're overlooking the fact that our D sucks, also.:)

NaptownChief
11-11-2001, 03:43 PM
Az laid it on the carpet two more times today...The guy is a big time playmaker but unfortunately he makes big plays for both teams way too often...

Chiefs Pantalones
11-11-2001, 03:45 PM
Jl80,

He did? Darn it!! Oh well, hopefully he won't do that here.:D :rolleyes: :D ;)

DaWolf
11-11-2001, 03:46 PM
Az laid it on the carpet two more times today

That's the thing. Az does that, Warner throws 3 picks, and yet they still crush their opposition. That team is so good they can afford turnovers to spare, and no one cares. It takes 7 turnovers for them to barely lose to the Aints.

We obviously can't afford that sort of crap...

Chiefs Pantalones
11-11-2001, 03:51 PM
I was looking at the bottomline, and I thought I saw a typo when I saw... Faulk- 5carries 142yards. But I turned the channel, and it was true.:eek: He's good (understatement).

Even Faulk wouldn't be a factor with us, because of our lack of WR talent, IMO.

KCWolfman
11-11-2001, 03:59 PM
Even Faulk wouldn't be a factor with us, because of our lack of WR talent, IMO. That is just a crazy statement.
Holmes is averaging over 5 yards a carry, even with our WR's and someone else you forgot to mention - OUR PATHETIC QUARTERBACK.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-11-2001, 04:01 PM
I guess I forgot that.:rolleyes: :D

Chiefs Pantalones
11-11-2001, 04:02 PM
Darn team..er QB!:D

chiefsfan1963
11-11-2001, 11:41 PM
i will be very curious what vermeil will do with the green situation.

my feeling is that the chiefs have a lock on a top 3, 4 or 5 position in next year's draft.

i don't think chiefs have a prayer of winning more than 3 games the rest of the season. mainly because of the play of green.

it will be completely apparent to vermeil that green may not be the answer by that time.

how he handles it during the latter half of the season and offseason will determine for me if vermeil is smart enough to admit he was wrong and move on.

i was definitely supportive of green up until this game. but despite the lack of a supporting cast, green has not shown me any evidence that he has what it takes to be our first string qb.

ck_IN
11-12-2001, 07:02 AM
And exactly what do you expect to find curious?

DV will stand firmly behind Green and CP will stand firmly behind DV. CP has staked his all on DV who in turn has staked his all on Trint. They really have no choice.

We'll do nothing about our QB situation until the DV disaster runs its course in about 3 years.

Strap in and get the Rolaids. It's going to be a bumpy several seasons.

chiefsfan1963
11-12-2001, 10:18 AM
CK_IN:

vermeil will stick with green no matter what? i don't
think so. if green's play continues to go from bad to worse vermeil will make the change. vermeil wants to win just as much as anybody.

Gaz
11-12-2001, 10:21 AM
Barring injury, Green will be the starting QB for at least the next two years.

xoxo~
Gaz
Hoping some WRs will make Green better.

ChiTown
11-12-2001, 10:25 AM
"Hoping some WRs will make Green better"

And, some better pass protection

Chi
~thinks the OL has been patheitic this year

Packfan
11-12-2001, 10:26 AM
The real question is what should be done with Carl Peterson. He is the one who traded the 12th pick in the draft. Everyone knew that Trent Green has been a loser (8-12 as starter) his entire career. Everyone knew he had a bum leg. Everyone knew that Trent lost games with superior talent in St. Louis.

Trent Green has been performing just as advertised based on his history. Dont get pssed at him. Its not his fault he is the starting QB for the Chiefs. He probably knows that he should be a backup. And like me, he probably wonders why the Chiefs were so interested in him when nobody else was.

suds79
11-12-2001, 10:27 AM
Well don't worry packfan. Once the DV run has failed and he's out, Carl will follow shortly.

ChiTown
11-12-2001, 10:30 AM
Concerning trINT and what to do, if trINT was a horse, wouldn't shooting him be the humane thing to do at this point.

Chi
~hmmmmmmmmm

AJKCFAN
11-12-2001, 10:33 AM
Just make sure when he gets shot, he isn't the one doing the shooting.

It would be such a shame to see some owls and other innocent forest creatures meet their maker...

King_Chief_Fan
11-12-2001, 12:54 PM
TrINT has been more successful as a back up. Start Collins or Germaine.

Fish
11-12-2001, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Packfan
The real question is what should be done with Carl Peterson. He is the one who traded the 12th pick in the draft. Everyone knew that Trent Green has been a loser (8-12 as starter) his entire career. Everyone knew he had a bum leg. Everyone knew that Trent lost games with superior talent in St. Louis.

Trent Green has been performing just as advertised based on his history. Dont get pssed at him. Its not his fault he is the starting QB for the Chiefs. He probably knows that he should be a backup. And like me, he probably wonders why the Chiefs were so interested in him when nobody else was.

I think D.V. convinced Carl to lose the #1 for Gang Green. I`m not sure Carl was all to happy about it, but he trusted Vermeil`s judgement.
I also think D.V. was somewhat behind Elvis leaving the building...
Vermeils been head over heels for Green since 99.
I would never blame Green for any losses St. Louis suffered last season. Did you ever get watch that Rams defense? The Chiefs dropped 54 on em` under Gunther.

Phobia
11-12-2001, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by AJKCFAN
Just make sure when he gets shot, he isn't the one doing the shooting.

It would be such a shame to see some owls and other innocent forest creatures meet their maker...

Literally LMAO, Adam. Funny stuff - 'specially from a straight man.

stannn
11-12-2001, 04:17 PM
New England is talking about cutting Drew Bledsoe and eating the cost of his 10yr-$100 million contract and going with Tom Brady. The Chiefs can easily cut Trent Green!

BroncoFan
11-12-2001, 04:27 PM
maybe the ravens will swap green for grbac

Bwana
11-12-2001, 04:30 PM
Where is the "cut him up and use him for chum" choice? :mad:

Lightning Rod
11-12-2001, 04:31 PM
What if we take him out and shoot him "and" stick with him. Ya know just shoot him a little bit to get his attention. Maybe shoot him in his throwing hand:) It couldn't hurt.

Bwana
11-12-2001, 06:28 PM
RCGChief: Saaaaaaaaaaaaay! Now there's a thought.

cheeeefs
04-15-2005, 03:24 PM
interesting.

Bowser
04-15-2005, 03:26 PM
interesting.

ROFL

How did you manage to dig this up?

cheeeefs
04-15-2005, 03:28 PM
when the frontpage is boring to troll I go to the last page and work back five at a time. I generally find quite a few gems, but I don't bring most of them to the front.

Donger
04-15-2005, 03:31 PM
New England is talking about cutting Drew Bledsoe and eating the cost of his 10yr-$100 million contract and going with Tom Brady. The Chiefs can easily cut Trent Green!

Don't do it Pats!! You'll always regret i.....

Oh.

Big Chief Homer
04-15-2005, 05:01 PM
I voted stick with him.I think he'll improve.

On the other hand this defense is gonna rock for the next 3 or 4 years.

Frazod
04-15-2005, 05:18 PM
Good thing Carl doesn't listen to me. Taking him out and shooting him might have negatively impacted his production. :D

Sure-Oz
04-15-2005, 06:08 PM
It's funny how things change.

chappy
04-16-2005, 01:56 AM
i always liked trent green you guys are just fair weather fans lol

Nightfyre
04-16-2005, 01:57 AM
i always liked trent green you guys are just fair weather fans lol
I agree with this statement. Maybe if he had more than just Gonzo to throw to, he wouldnt have to force those critical third down passes into triple coverage. that is why he had so many INTs.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-16-2005, 02:04 AM
ROFL This is a great thread. I remember the beginning and understand the initial angst. However you can all disagree I think Trent is one of the most efficient QB's in the league. Most of his picks these days aren't his fault. He was well worth the 1st rounder IMO

Coach
04-16-2005, 07:22 AM
Good thing Carl doesn't listen to me. Taking him out and shooting him might have negatively impacted his production. :D
ROFL

Shit, we would be stuck with 00d T0dd and I don't think I can bear watching him throwing a 2 yard flat to the RB every passing play.

the Talking Can
04-16-2005, 07:50 AM

nobody does "dumb" like pacfan.....

oaklandhater
04-16-2005, 07:51 AM
this is an old old old old post

Phobia
04-16-2005, 08:01 AM
I'm glad this is the TrINT topic that was raised to the top. I'm sure there's a few where I have some scathing thoughts. This one was pretty tame.

redbrian
04-16-2005, 08:44 AM
nobody does "dumb" like pacfan.....

I really miss pacfan, tacofan is pretty stupid in his own way with his often wrong predictions, but pacfan was the king dipshit.

WilliamTheIrish
04-16-2005, 09:38 AM
maybe the ravens will swap green for grbac

Maybe the Donx will give a bankroll of cash to ....PLummer!!

Donk twit.

KChiefs1
04-16-2005, 10:10 AM
You should find more of these gems! :thumb:

cheeeefs
04-16-2005, 11:43 AM
I'm glad this is the TrINT topic that was raised to the top. I'm sure there's a few where I have some scathing thoughts. This one was pretty tame.

actually phobia you were pretty tame. I looked through every Trent Green topic for about 2/3's of the 2001 season, and although you wanted him cut you weren't horrible about it. I was almost done before I got the idea to copy and paste all your quotes ;)

"The dude isn't being run out of town. CLEARLY 2001 is and always has been a rebuilding year for the Kansas City Chiefs. I know it, Carl Peterson knows, Dick Vermeil knows, Al Saunders knows, Lamar Hunt knows, hell, even JJ Moses knows. Why we gave up our 1st round pick for a QB we could have had for free in 2002 baffles the hell out of me. Why? We don't have the personnel to surround him with - even before injuries. This is a bad team and Trent Green trying to put a bad team on his shoulders is not helpful. It's hindering him and could potentially be damaging to his confidence. I think it was a BAD business decision. I've ALWAYS thought it was a bad decision."

"Ash - get with the program, buddy. It's "trINT"."

and I know you said to bench him once or twice but I am not going to go through those, I didn't think to copy at that time... I was hoping to find a barn burner and just bring it to the front page for ya ;).

All I can say after reading through old threads and using 20/20 hindsight is that I think Vlad is probably the most level headed fan here. He's always going against the crowd and is usually right. This isn't to kiss his ass or anything, I'm sure he's ugly and his feet smell so it about evens it all out.

Phobia
04-16-2005, 11:47 AM
"The dude isn't being run out of town. CLEARLY 2001 is and always has been a rebuilding year for the Kansas City Chiefs. I know it, Carl Peterson knows, Dick Vermeil knows, Al Saunders knows, Lamar Hunt knows, hell, even JJ Moses knows. Why we gave up our 1st round pick for a QB we could have had for free in 2002 baffles the hell out of me. Why? We don't have the personnel to surround him with - even before injuries. This is a bad team and Trent Green trying to put a bad team on his shoulders is not helpful. It's hindering him and could potentially be damaging to his confidence. I think it was a BAD business decision. I've ALWAYS thought it was a bad decision."

That's the worst you could find? That doesn't sound like the guy who coined the term "trINT" at all. I know I had some classics about his favorite WR, Deltha ONeil.

cheeeefs
04-16-2005, 11:50 AM
oh and here is a Phobia quote that really cracked me up for some reason

"You've never even been to a game @ Arrowhead. How could you possibly understand the dynamics of booing?" - Phobia 2001

The dynamics of booing? Enlighten us sensei!

"Dynamics of booing, much do you not understand. hrmmm"

Phobia
04-16-2005, 11:52 AM
I'm sure I'd been drinking.

cheeeefs
04-16-2005, 11:58 AM
I'm sure I'd been drinking.

*grin* okay SD...

:evil:

Phobia
04-16-2005, 12:08 PM
*grin* okay SD...

:evil:

Rob doesn't have a monopoly on drunken posting.

NewChief
04-16-2005, 12:16 PM
Please continue to dig up Trent threads. They are some of the few that will make me look like I know jack shit about the game.

alanm
04-16-2005, 12:20 PM
I really miss pacfan, tacofan is pretty stupid in his own way with his often wrong predictions, but pacfan was the king dipshit.
One would be inclined to wonder if they were one and the same. ROFL

Phobia
04-16-2005, 12:23 PM
Please continue to dig up Trent threads. They are some of the few that will make me look like I know jack shit about the game.

Nah - you just look like the cousin that you are.... ;)

Hammock Parties
03-13-2007, 05:29 PM
How long to we have to wait, Russ? He hasn't improved one damn bit. Enough with this clown. I WANT HIM GONE.

It looks like you will finally get your wish.

Frazod
03-13-2007, 05:35 PM
Don't you have anything better to do than dig up ancient threads? Did your rubber sex doll spring a leak? :shake:

greg63
03-13-2007, 05:48 PM
Don't you have anything better to do than dig up ancient threads? Did your rubber sex doll spring a leak? :shake:

I think that's all he has to do all day long.

Logical
03-13-2007, 05:51 PM
I voted bench him temporarily. Cannot believe people are voting to cut him. Heck at worst he would be a great backup QB and we could get rid of Collins.Always a Trent defender I guess even I had become upset by this point.

Hammock Parties
03-13-2007, 05:51 PM
On the other hand this defense is gonna rock for the next 3 or 4 years.

Well...maybe.

Over-Head
03-13-2007, 05:52 PM
Send him to Oakland!
Yeah, that'll teach him real good! ;)

Hammock Parties
03-13-2007, 05:53 PM

Whatever GoFrazod.

You need to grow some thicker skin if you want to last around here.

03-13-2007, 05:54 PM
Damn talk about bumping ancient history.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-13-2007, 05:54 PM
Send him to Oakland!
Yeah, that'll teach him real good! ;)

I don't think anyone here wants to see him get murdered. Which is what would surely happen should he go to Oakland.

Eleazar
03-13-2007, 06:14 PM
Most Passes Had Intercepted, Season
1)42 George Blanda, Houston, 1962

He made the AFL all-star game that year :eek:

StcChief
03-13-2007, 07:22 PM
If we get anything at this point go for it.

Your days are numbered here unfortunately the cheap hit by Bungholes may have done you in.