PDA

View Full Version : Tickets Bar Tab Issue

Delano
08-07-2010, 01:18 PM
For the first time in my life, I left a bar without paying my tab. I'm feeling rotten. I received fantastic service from a great waitress. The service was so great I drank one too many and wasn't thinking. My buddy and the three girls we were with decided to leave and in my hasty exit I forgot to pay.

Again, I feel like shit. I want to rectify the situation. Oracles of etiquette, veteran bar workers, smart planeteers: How have you handled this situation?
Posted via Mobile Device

Stewie
08-07-2010, 01:20 PM
Go back and pay. A lot of dine-n-dashing comes out of the pay of the waiter/waitress.

Stanley Nickels
08-07-2010, 01:22 PM
One thing on your side: 99% of servers love to drink. They understand having one too many. Go back, be apologetic, and make sure you tip well.

Delano
08-07-2010, 01:26 PM
Go back and pay. A lot of dine-n-dashing comes out of the pay of the waiter/waitress.

That was my first thought but I don't want the staff to get irritated if it's taboo.
Posted via Mobile Device

bishop_74
08-07-2010, 01:26 PM
Yep and yep! I remember when I used to wait tables and got stiffed. It was actually kind of a nice suprise when they came back in the next day.

Delano
08-07-2010, 01:30 PM
Yep and yep! I remember when I used to wait tables and got stiffed. It was actually kind of a nice suprise when they came back in the next day.

Alright. Hopefully my sincerity isn't questioned by the waitress.
Posted via Mobile Device

onwardthruthefog
08-07-2010, 01:31 PM
did you not have to leave a credit card before starting the tab? don't think i've ever been able to start a tab without a credit card. if you did, no worries, you already paid and tipped heavily.

Chiefaholic
08-07-2010, 01:33 PM
I can't say I've ever left w/o paying. But, just go back and man up. There's not a doubt in my mind this hasn't already happened 100 times before if they've been around for a while.

Brock
08-07-2010, 01:34 PM
I think they'd be pleasantly surprised if you went back and paid.

Delano
08-07-2010, 01:36 PM
did you not have to leave a credit card before starting the tab? don't think i've ever been able to start a tab without a credit card. if you did, no worries, you already paid and tipped heavily.

Didn't have to leave a card or put one in the system. Just gave my first name.
Posted via Mobile Device

Phobia
08-07-2010, 01:46 PM
Where did this occur? I'd like to go have a couple on your tab.

Simply Red
08-07-2010, 01:48 PM
http://i34.tinypic.com/b4gwhl.jpg

It's the world's smallest violin, playing; 'Just for the waitresses'

Delano
08-07-2010, 01:49 PM
Looks like I was overthinking this.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bwana
08-07-2010, 01:50 PM
Life is to short to be a piece of shit.

I agree with some of the other posts. They will understand and be very happy you came back in today and you won't feel like a stroke stick.

Delano
08-07-2010, 01:51 PM
http://i34.tinypic.com/b4gwhl.jpg

It's the world's smallest violin, playing; 'Just for the waitresses'

Thank you for the input. Ooh, and Simply Red? ... Nothing.
Posted via Mobile Device

Coach
08-07-2010, 01:52 PM
I think they'd be pleasantly surprised if you went back and paid.

And IMHO, if you do pay for it, I think they'll be generous of you of having a tab the next time, fully aware that you'll be back to pay it. :shrug:

Delano
08-07-2010, 01:53 PM

Pretty much. I can't fathom how people who regularly dine and dash live with themselves.
Posted via Mobile Device

teedubya
08-07-2010, 01:54 PM
definitely pay it.

Bugeater
08-07-2010, 01:55 PM
Fucking deadbeat.

CosmicPal
08-07-2010, 01:56 PM
I've done this before.

When you go back, make sure the same waitress/server is there. And make sure you pay her directly. Let her know that you sincerely forgot about the tab and that you hope you didn't trouble her. And then leave an extra tip for her.

That is, if you ever want to be welcome in that bar again.

Simply Red
08-07-2010, 01:56 PM

I agree with some of the other posts. They will understand and be very happy you came back in today and you won't feel like a stroke stick.

I've definitely been a 'stoke stick' before, never dined-n-dashed, but, 'stroke-stick?' - ... for sure.

Delano
08-07-2010, 01:58 PM
Fucking deadbeat.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I feel like it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Simply Red
08-07-2010, 02:02 PM
Yeah, yeah, yeah. I feel like it.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm kicking his ass when i see him, Delano, he doesn't understand what we have, together.

:D

Simply Red
08-07-2010, 02:04 PM
How was the waitress, btw? Was she anything special?

cabletech94
08-07-2010, 02:04 PM
pay asap! karma's headin' your way bro! act now! operators are standing by.

Delano
08-07-2010, 02:07 PM
How was the waitress, btw? Was she anything special?

Probably an eight. Her style was a little too "pot-smoker-ish" for me. Let Phil dress her and she'd gain a half point.
Posted via Mobile Device

Delano
08-07-2010, 02:09 PM
pay asap! karma's headin' your way bro! act now! operators are standing by.

I'll call and find out if the girl is working tonight.
Posted via Mobile Device

cabletech94
08-07-2010, 02:22 PM
I'll call and find out if the girl is working tonight.
Posted via Mobile Device

don't get tased, bro. you post some funny shit! maybe just a pop-in, "sorry 'bout last night, my bad"!

Demonpenz
08-07-2010, 02:30 PM
I always thought it was weird the penalty for a bar tab was 7 percent or so. Like if I go to a bar here they swipe my card, and I forget to close it they ususally charge around 25% for the tip. I ususally give way more than that

BWillie
08-07-2010, 02:35 PM
Don't think it was asked yet, but how much was your tab?

Delano
08-07-2010, 02:37 PM
Don't think it was asked yet, but how much was your tab?

In the 30 dollar range I'd guess. Three ketel one and tonics and two drinks for a friend.
Posted via Mobile Device

Demonpenz
08-07-2010, 02:39 PM
Ketel and tonic? Was buddies busy that night?

Delano
08-07-2010, 02:41 PM
Ketel and tonic? Was buddies busy that night?

I guess you got me there.
Posted via Mobile Device

Demonpenz
08-07-2010, 02:42 PM
should have mixed the ketel with rockstar bro!

threebag
08-07-2010, 03:28 PM
if it bothered you that bad you would have made it right before you even posted on here. tip the waitress big cause she covered your tab for the night. if i worked there and you stiffed my waitress. i would make a special point to "stir" your drink..

Delano
08-07-2010, 03:34 PM
if it bothered you that bad you would have made it right before you even posted on here. tip the waitress big cause she covered your tab for the night. if i worked there and you stiffed my waitress. i would make a special point to "stir" your drink..

Thanks for following along, buster.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pablo
08-07-2010, 03:41 PM
I hope your children's children can't sleep at night knowing the crimes you've committed against mankind.

Buck
08-07-2010, 03:43 PM
Why are you still at home?
Posted via Mobile Device

Delano
08-07-2010, 03:45 PM
I hope your children's children can't sleep at night knowing the crimes you've committed against mankind.

I'll never have children. No woman will sleep with me with this blemish on my record.
Posted via Mobile Device

ClevelandBronco
08-07-2010, 03:51 PM
Alright. Hopefully my sincerity isn't questioned by the waitress.
Posted via Mobile Device

If your sincerity is questioned despite a completely honest approach to the situation, then it will no longer be you who is doing wrong.

Go try to do the right thing regardless of how it's taken.

pr_capone
08-07-2010, 04:36 PM
Her style was a little too "pot-smoker-ish" for me.
Posted via Mobile Device

I need some help here.

What does the pot smoker style consist of?

Can you spot pot smokers in a single glance?

Did she leave mesh filters at your table with your first drink purchase?

Did she have funyons breath? Cheetos fingers?

Deberg_1990
08-07-2010, 04:40 PM
Jesus...this shouldn't even be an issue...man up, go back and pay up.

Delano
08-07-2010, 04:42 PM
I need some help here.

Just having some fun with Simply Red.
Posted via Mobile Device

Delano
08-07-2010, 04:45 PM
Jesus...this shouldn't even be an issue...man up, go back and pay up.

The wheels are spinning. Don't you worry your pretty little head.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Kotter
08-07-2010, 04:49 PM
I need some help here.

After 17 years in a HS classroom, I can spot them within 5 minutes...with about 80-90% accuracy. The thing is, there are different types.

Gabriel Iglasias (sp?) does a comedy routine about four levels of fat: he says they are....Big, Healthy, Fluffy, and Damn! I'd say it's similar with potheads. The four levels would be something like...Toker, Smokey, Burn-out, and Damn!

NTTAWWT. Heh.

Just sayin.... :)

Mr. Kotter
08-07-2010, 04:51 PM
As for the OP, as others have said....make it right. They'll probably be pleasantly surprised. If they give you too much crap, just say...."hell, I guess I should have just said 'screw you.'"

pr_capone
08-07-2010, 04:53 PM
Just having some fun with Simply Red.
Posted via Mobile Device

just playin through :D

Fritz88
08-07-2010, 04:55 PM
Go back and pay. They will be grateful.

This feeling Goes to show that you are not shit after all.
Posted via Mobile Device

CosmicPal
08-07-2010, 08:04 PM
The four levels would be something like...Toker, Smokey, Burn-out, and Damn!

Actually, there are 5 levels: The Laughers, the Huh? (Space Cadets), the OMG This Sh*t is Great!, the Paranoids, and the All-of-the-Aboves (Constant Red-Eyes, junk food bingers, disheveled appearances, lurking on the couches with tapestries blanketing the windows, incense billowing about the apartment they never leave, and naming their pets Marley (after Bob Marley) and Garcia or Jerry (after Jerry Garcia).

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-07-2010, 08:18 PM
You know damn good and well all the bars WAAY overcharge for drinks. I went to Hooters the other day and a pitcher of beer was 12 fucking dollars. I say go back tonight and start another tab and burn them again. They shouldn't be serving alcohol to idiots anyway so it's their problem.

JD10367
08-07-2010, 08:24 PM
Don't play "just the tip". It never works.

Wait... wut?

Bugeater
08-07-2010, 08:27 PM
You know damn good and well all the bars WAAY overcharge for drinks. I went to Hooters the other day and a pitcher of beer was 12 ****ing dollars. I say go back tonight and start another tab and burn them again. They shouldn't be serving alcohol to idiots anyway so it's their problem.
The boar jerker has a pretty damn good point there.

KCbroncoHATER
08-07-2010, 09:07 PM
I left a bar without paying my tab.

You are a thief.

Predarat
08-07-2010, 09:19 PM
You probably don't need to pay a dime. These things even out in the end. Consider all the times these companies forgot your fries, drink ect. and you didn't call and get a cupon or anything. Also all the times you got an incorrect order, or they skimped you on something. When you add it all up you are most likely still way above this bar tab.

KCbroncoHATER
08-07-2010, 09:24 PM
No, he is a thief.

There is no way around it.

http://www.offendersolutions.com/state_law/missouri%20theft.htm

DaneMcCloud
08-07-2010, 09:40 PM
In the 30 dollar range I'd guess. Three ketel one and tonics and two drinks for a friend.
Posted via Mobile Device

$30 dollars?

LMAO

What, did you have one drink?

DaneMcCloud
08-07-2010, 09:43 PM
You're lucky, Delano.

99% of all places in Los Angeles and Vegas take your cards before they even give you a drink.

I can tell a few stories about visiting strip clubs in Vegas and then forgetting my ID before boarding a plane...

Mr. Kotter
08-07-2010, 10:00 PM
Actually, there are 5 levels: The Laughers, the Huh? (Space Cadets), the OMG This Sh*t is Great!, the Paranoids, and the All-of-the-Aboves (Constant Red-Eyes, junk food bingers, disheveled appearances, lurking on the couches with tapestries blanketing the windows, incense billowing about the apartment they never leave, and naming their pets Marley (after Bob Marley) and Garcia or Jerry (after Jerry Garcia).

Are you the Huh? or the OMG, This sh*t is Great! type???

Just wonderin'..... ;)

LMAO

Brock
08-07-2010, 10:01 PM
No, he is a thief.

There is no way around it.

http://www.offendersolutions.com/state_law/missouri%20theft.htm

Shouldn't you have followed Larry's ass over to Washington?

Mr. Kotter
08-07-2010, 10:02 PM
You're lucky, Delano.

99% of all places in Los Angeles and Vegas take your cards before they even give you a drink.

I can tell a few stories about visiting strip clubs in Vegas and then forgetting my ID before boarding a plane...

Another reason to stay in the Midwest....heh. LMAO

Buehler445
08-07-2010, 10:06 PM

Nah. Most places do. I was actually surprised a joint in Columbia MO didn't. Almost every place does anymore.

Delano. Go pay. Apologize. Tip the shit out of the waitress.
Posted via Mobile Device

lostcause
08-07-2010, 10:10 PM
Nah. Most places do. I was actually surprised a joint in Columbia MO didn't. Almost every place does anymore.

Posted via Mobile Device

yup, this. It happens in the industry and its easy to forgive someone that goes back the next day to make amends and pay. Chances are she did have to eat your tab and it probably fucked up her night.

DaneMcCloud
08-07-2010, 10:16 PM

Not really

DaneMcCloud
08-07-2010, 10:17 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

Or fuck the shit out of her, if that's an option.

ClevelandBronco
08-07-2010, 10:18 PM
$30 dollars?

LMAO

What, did you have one drink?

He said he had three, but he also said he had "one too many" and forgot to pay. I can't even remember when three was one too many.

DaneMcCloud
08-07-2010, 10:29 PM
He said he had three, but he also said he had "one too many" and forgot to pay. I can't even remember when three was one too many.

I can't remember the last time I was out and counted to three

Buehler445
08-07-2010, 10:36 PM
Or fuck the shit out of her, if that's an option.

Yes. Fuck the shit out of her. Make it an option.

But tip her first.
Posted via Mobile Device

Buehler445
08-07-2010, 10:37 PM

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he drank somewhere else or other people bought drinks.
Posted via Mobile Device

LaChapelle
08-07-2010, 10:52 PM
Squidward is rubbing off on ya

KCbroncoHATER
08-07-2010, 11:24 PM

That boat has sailed, get over it.

Delano
08-07-2010, 11:40 PM
Everything is straight now.

I've got a new best friend at a friendly bar.

Probably 50% of the bars in town require a card before service, but these folks don't.

I was strongly buzzing when I showed up and the vodka tonics were doubles.

And Dane - I'd love to hear some strip joint stories. :D

Kotter representing the Midwest side lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

KCbroncoHATER
08-07-2010, 11:45 PM
You are a better man for it.

Props!

Delano
08-07-2010, 11:47 PM
You are a better man for it.

Props!

Thanks for the stamp of approval.

I wasn't comfortable with the situation until you chimed in.
Posted via Mobile Device

KCbroncoHATER
08-07-2010, 11:53 PM
You are the one who has to live with it not me.

Sleep well tonight, you did the right thing.

Delano
08-08-2010, 12:08 AM
You are the one who has to live with it not me.

Sleep well tonight, you did the right thing.

What? I have to live with doing the right thing. Is that what you're saying right now?
Posted via Mobile Device

KCbroncoHATER
08-08-2010, 12:09 AM
Yep.

milkman
08-08-2010, 05:10 AM
You're lucky, Delano.

I haven't been out much lately, but I have yet to frequent a place that required me to give a credit card before hand in order to run a tab.

milkman
08-08-2010, 05:12 AM
What? I have to live with doing the right thing. Is that what you're saying right now?
Posted via Mobile Device

Of course that is what he is saying.

I mean, you didn't spit a drink in the server's face.
How the hell can you live with yourself?

Al Bundy
08-08-2010, 05:36 AM
Did she let you **** her?

JD10367
08-08-2010, 05:36 AM
Everything is straight now.

I've got a new best friend at a friendly bar.

Probably 50% of the bars in town require a card before service, but these folks don't.

I was strongly buzzing when I showed up and the vodka tonics were doubles.

And Dane - I'd love to hear some strip joint stories. :D

Kotter representing the Midwest side lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

TTIUWP of the server. Post some. Preferably head shots. From above. :D

threebag
08-08-2010, 08:06 AM
Did she let you **** her?

Naw his he was sore from selling his ass to cover his tab. that is why it took so long to pay her back. its good you paid her though, she probably had a hit out on your ass.

Simply Red
08-08-2010, 08:09 AM
Yep.

Odd, just, odd.

Delano
08-08-2010, 08:45 AM
Naw his he was sore from selling his ass to cover his tab. that is why it took so long to pay her back. its good you paid her though, she probably had a hit out on your ass.

LMAO

You're really butthurt about this.
Posted via Mobile Device

CoMoChief
08-08-2010, 09:25 AM
For the first time in my life, I left a bar without paying my tab. I'm feeling rotten. I received fantastic service from a great waitress. The service was so great I drank one too many and wasn't thinking. My buddy and the three girls we were with decided to leave and in my hasty exit I forgot to pay.

Again, I feel like shit. I want to rectify the situation. Oracles of etiquette, veteran bar workers, smart planeteers: How have you handled this situation?
Posted via Mobile Device
Waitresses usually have to pay the tab from their earnings.

Go back and pay it, just tell them who your waitress was and that your sorry you got so drunk. They don't care....between last night and now, the debt probably hasn't effected her anyways.

Rausch
08-08-2010, 09:26 AM
I haven't been out much lately, but I have yet to frequent a place that required me to give a credit card before hand in order to run a tab.

Standard here in podunk-ville unless you're a well known regular...

milkman
08-08-2010, 09:29 AM

Go back and pay it, just tell them who your waitress was and that your sorry you got so drunk. They don't care....between last night and now, the debt probably hasn't effected her anyways.

Timely advice.

Have ya heard any news how the moon landing is going?

Consistent1
08-08-2010, 09:39 AM

The sad truth is that owners almost have to make them pay it. There are so many scamming-ass bartenders and cocktail servers out there that will rob a place blind if they get the slightest chance. It is cool that he went back and took care of it.

Bwana
08-08-2010, 10:05 AM

ROFL