PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Looking to make a bet about Dexter McCluster's stats

mesmith31
08-09-2010, 09:35 PM
I have 2 guys wanting to wager with me. I tried to set the line at 500 all purpose yards from scrimmage and they wouldn't take the under.

They offered to take the under at 715 total yards from scrimmage

OR

550 receiving yards and they take the over.

Which bet do you think is the smart money?

CaliforniaChief
08-09-2010, 09:39 PM
I think most of his yards will be YAC (receiving yards), so I'd do the first deal.

Simply Red
08-09-2010, 09:43 PM
that lil' shit can run

mesmith31
08-09-2010, 09:46 PM
Darren Sproles (who may be a decent comparison) had 497 receiving yards last year and 343 rushing for 840 total from Scrimmage. Do you think that DMC..."The Gameplan" will exceed that?

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-09-2010, 09:48 PM
Darren Sproles (who may be a decent comparison) had 497 receiving yards last year and 343 rushing for 840 total from Scrimmage. Do you think that DMC..."The Gameplan" will exceed that?

I think McCluster is slicker than Sproles. McCluster is gonna be huge , barring injury.

Consistent1
08-09-2010, 09:58 PM
Just gotta find a way to bet on Dex, huh? Haha. Haven't you been around the board long enough to know that he will have over 1000 yards on just reverses?

Reerun_KC
08-09-2010, 10:01 PM
Just gotta find a way to bet on Dex, huh? Haha. Haven't you been around the board long enough to know that he will have over 1000 yards on just reverses?

Actually if you want to be a little more correct. You would know that this pick set the franchise back 600 years and Pioli is the anti Christ.

mesmith31
08-09-2010, 10:06 PM
Aw, hell.... I just took one bet....DMC vs. Johnny Knox most yards from Scrimmage...

mesmith31
08-09-2010, 10:07 PM
Set the line at 675 on DMC and I took the over...

KCrockaholic
08-09-2010, 10:09 PM
DMC will have about 1,000 all-purpose yards.

tonyetony
08-09-2010, 10:12 PM
I would wait it out on the all purpose yards until he starts catching punts but on the other hand I can't wait to watch him return kick offs. Ah hell go ahead and take the 715 this kid is going to be Pioli's Wes Welker.

MoreLemonPledge
08-10-2010, 05:01 AM
Aw, hell.... I just took one bet....DMC vs. Johnny Knox most yards from Scrimmage...

Ouch. Knox will pass 1,000 yds receiving this year, easily.

Good luck. I hope you win...

chiefzilla1501
08-10-2010, 05:43 AM
I would wait it out on the all purpose yards until he starts catching punts but on the other hand I can't wait to watch him return kick offs. Ah hell go ahead and take the 715 this kid is going to be Pioli's Wes Welker.

I'm pretty convinced that Arenas will be handling punts. That requires a lot more skill in receiving the ball and being able to see the lanes before you catch it. A kick returner is almost entirely about being able to run. Arenas isn't lightning fast and he won't juke anyone outside of his shorts. So if DMC does kicks, he's going to rack up a shit ton of all purpose yards.

Otter
08-10-2010, 06:53 AM
I'd take the receiving yards. This guy is striking me more as a Dante Hall type slot receiver than a running back.

Deberg_1990
08-10-2010, 06:56 AM
200 yards rushing.......380 recieving

tyton75
08-10-2010, 07:20 AM
I think i'm going to love Dex.. but his first season; i'm not expecting eye popping overall numbers... he might break one here and there.. but I have a feeling his numbers will be pedestrian

if he isn't killed while going across the middle

OnTheWarpath15
08-10-2010, 08:12 AM
This guy is striking me more as a Dante Hall type slot receiver than a running back.

436 receiving yards. Dante's best season.

Dex better be better than that. Not necessarily this year, but he's gotta be a better WR than Hall.

OnTheWarpath15
08-10-2010, 08:13 AM

Ouch. Knox will pass 1,000 yds receiving this year, easily.

Good luck. I hope you win...

Yeah, you're screwed on this one, unless Knox or Cutler suffer a serious injury.

mesmith31
08-10-2010, 09:35 AM
I turn into an Uber Homer when I am drinking and my friends make stupid bets with me about the Chefs, lol. Last year we had a bet with the over under on total wins at 4 and I took the over, and lost that one too.

pkane
08-10-2010, 09:58 AM
I'd take the receiving yards. This guy is striking me more as a Dante Hall type slot receiver than a running back.

Lets hope not. Hall was an awful receiver. Maybe Dexter can have a return game like Hall or better yet Devin Hester.

SDChiefs
08-10-2010, 09:58 AM
He'll have 2000 yds rushing 1000 recieving and 4000 passing this year. Bank on it.

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-10-2010, 03:55 PM
There's a chance we could have defensive AND offensive rookies of the year this year. Really

SDChiefs
08-10-2010, 03:57 PM
There's a chance we could have defensive AND offensive rookies of the year this year. Really

Not likely, but wishful thinking. Berry has a solid chance. DMC not so much. I think hes going to be too limited due to all the weapons on offense. Theres just not enough snaps to go around. Bowe, Chambers, Charles, McCluster, Jones, Moeki.

milkman
08-11-2010, 06:56 AM
Not likely, but wishful thinking. Berry has a solid chance. DMC not so much. I think hes going to be too limited due to all the weapons on offense. Theres just not enough snaps to go around. Bowe, Chambers, Charles, McCluster, Jones, Moeki.

Berry is not going to win DROY.

His impact won't really be that great until we fix the front 7.

He has too much talent to have passed on him in the draft, but you are setting an unreasonable expectation for him this season.

His biggest impact this season, along with Lewis, will be eliminating some of the big plays that killed us last season.

SDChiefs
08-11-2010, 11:45 AM

He has too much talent to have passed on him in the draft, but you are setting an unreasonable expectation for him this season.

His biggest impact this season, along with Lewis, will be eliminating some of the big plays that killed us last season.

I don't recall saying that he "has to" or "will" win DROY. But if you don't think he has a solid chance at it, then your pessimism knows no bounds. I have even seen "experts" say that he has a good chance or will win it in their opinion.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-11-2010, 12:13 PM
Jairus Byrd grabbed 9 picks on a meh Buffalo D last year. Berry is certainly in the discussion for potential DROY.

OnTheWarpath15
08-11-2010, 12:14 PM
I don't recall saying that he "has to" or "will" win DROY. But if you don't think he has a solid chance at it, then your pessimism knows no bounds. I have even seen "experts" say that he has a good chance or will win it in their opinion.

Mind posting some links?

SDChiefs
08-11-2010, 12:16 PM
Mind posting some links?

Don't have any. Just going off memory.

MOhillbilly
08-11-2010, 12:19 PM
i wouldnt bet either without the money odds in my favor 2-1.

had a guy at work bet me 5$ that kc would go .500. i offered to make it $100. he settled at ten.
easy monies.

OnTheWarpath15
08-11-2010, 12:22 PM
Don't have any. Just going off memory.

Interesting.

Because I've checked ESPN, CBS Sportsline and Yahoo, and have yet to come across any predictions.

I'd like to read them if they exist.

chiefzilla1501
08-11-2010, 12:25 PM

At the same time, I think he's going to get an insane amount of tackles for a Safety. Given that the defense will always be on the field and will rely a lot more on their safeties for help than most teams (particularly on run D). I think if he gets a ton of tackles and a decent # of INTs, like around 5, he's most definitely in the mix.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-11-2010, 12:25 PM
Interesting.

Because I've checked ESPN, CBS Sportsline and Yahoo, and have yet to come across any predictions.

Not one of the big sites, but

http://www.docsports.com/2010/nfl-predictions-defensive-rookie-of-year-odds-picks-984.html

There aren’t many guarantees in life and, unfortunately, not in sports betting, either. But here’s one thing I can absolutely guarantee you when betting on this year’s NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year award winner: there will never be a player to match 2008 winner Brian Cushing of the Houston Texans.

Oh, sure, there could be players who match Cushing’s production, but Cushing won the rookie award twice! He was originally named the winner, but then the AP chose to re-vote once it became known Cushing tested positive early last season for a substance banned by the NFL. For some reason the league kept it quiet until this offseason, when it suspended Cushing for the first four games of 2009. The re-vote gave the award back to Cushing, although it was closer than the first tally.

Anyways, Cushing’s victory last year continued a big-time trend for the Defensive Rookie of the Year: linebackers dominate this award. Cushing was the seventh straight linebacker and ninth in the past 10 years to take the award. And oddly enough, seven of those nine linebackers were from AFC teams.

However, this year’s favorite on BetUS is Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh (+450), who was easily the most dominant defensive player in college football last year with Nebraska. The Heisman Trophy finalist was the first defensive tackle to be drafted among the top two picks since Oakland took Darrell Russell in 1997. Suh was one of the last first-rounders to sign, as he got a five-year deal guaranteed at $40 million and was expected to practice for the first time Wednesday after missing the first seven practices.

There’s no question that Suh will start right away, and he almost has to make the Lions better after Detroit’s defense ranked among the league's all-time worst in points allowed the past two seasons. But it’s hard to see Suh putting up the numbers that will draw attention of voters – really he’ll be more of a guy filling gaps and taking up two blockers. That’s not to say that Suh can’t rush the passer as he had 12 sacks with the Huskers last year. But look at last year’s sack leaders and you won’t see a defensive tackle among the top 20 players in sacks. It’s the ends and outside linebackers who tend to rack up the big numbers. That helps explain why a defensive tackle hasn’t won the Defensive ROY since Miami’s Tim Bowens in 1994.

Chiefs safety Eric Berry is the second-favorite at +500 and the former Volunteers star will start from Day 1 as well. And Berry can definitely make some big plays. But the K.C. defense was lousy last year and probably won’t be a ton better in 2010. Plus, no safety has won this award since Chicago’s Mark Carrier in 1990.

The two guys I love for my NFL predictions for Defensive Rookie of the Year are Oakland linebacker Rolando McClain and Tennessee defensive end Derrick Morgan.

McClain (+800 at BetUS) will start from Day 1 at middle linebacker for a Raiders defense that I think will be much improved. He has been drawing raves and should put up huge tackle numbers – the guy he is replacing, Kirk Morrison, had 133 last year and two sacks. If you saw McClain at Alabama, you know he was the centerpiece of that defense and Nick Saban called him one of the smartest players he has ever coached – even as a rookie McClain will make the defensive calls for the Raiders.

Meanwhile, Morgan (+1500) probably also will start from Day 1 as he was a dominant force for Georgia Tech last year (12.5 sacks) as the ACC Defensive Player of the Year and the Titans need his pass-rushing ability in the lineup after finishing second-to-last in sacks in 2009. Morgan has been a bit injury-prone already, however, so make sure to keep an eye on that before taking a shot on him.

Jason Sharpe is gearing up for his first season releasing his expert football picks at Doc’s Sports, but in now way is he new to the game – he has been beating the Las Vegas bookies for years as a professional sports bettor in Sin City. He has become known by those bookies for his college football and NFL handicapping capabilities, and now he wants to share these with Doc’s Sports. He expects to beat the majority of NFL point spreads this season and he plans on dominating the college football betting landscape as well!

Blick
08-11-2010, 12:30 PM
Dexter should be a better receiver than Dante. Dante was used much more as a running back at A&M. He had over 200 more carries for his career than Dexter, and Dexter caught 88 passes for 1145 yards his last 2 seasons.

MOhillbilly
08-11-2010, 12:34 PM
as bad as i think the line/qb will be i think mccluster will get alot of dump passes. sucks but this is where i think theyll use him most.

KCUnited
08-11-2010, 12:36 PM
Seeing Berry at +500 for DROY on a lot of sites.

SDChiefs
08-11-2010, 01:15 PM
Interesting.

TBH I don't recall where I've seen it but I do know that I have seen it.

milkman
08-11-2010, 04:49 PM

I think a number of things go against him, not the least of which is that he plays for the Chiefs.

In order to win the DROY, he would have to put up some mind boggling numbers, and I just don't envision that happening.

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-11-2010, 05:04 PM
Actually if you want to be a little more correct. You would know that the Cassel trade set the franchise back 600 years and Pioli is the anti Christ.

Let's get back to the root of all evil and keep it there please.

Thx! :thumb: