PDA

View Full Version : Video Games EA's Madden predicts the AFC West

KCrockaholic
08-12-2010, 11:10 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/15598/chargers-win-west-according-to-madden

Apparently, we don’t have to wait for the 2010 NFL season. The season has been played on the Madden video game. The upcoming season has been played and EA Sports has given ESPN the results.

Ready?

Here goes: The simulation has San Diego winning the division with a 9-7 season. It has the Chiefs coming in a close second at 8-8. It has Denver at 7-9 and Oakland at 5-11. It also expects big seasons from San Diego quarterback Philip Rivers and tight end Antonio Gates. It projects Gates to catch a whopping 102 passes. His career season high in receptions is 89, which he set in 2005.

What does it all mean? Not much to me. Call me old fashioned, but I prefer my football in stadiums and not in television screens.

Still, there are a lot of gamers out there (you know who you are) who might give this video exercise credence. Me? I’m just going to wait for the real season to start.

Although I don't like Madden, or it's simulations, I think this is extremely accurate. Funny thing is, Gates might actually catch 102 passes this year if Jackson sits out.

Tribal Warfare
08-12-2010, 11:15 PM
LMAO 8-8 shit we won't even sniff .500 this year

HoneyBadger
08-12-2010, 11:20 PM
Isn't Madden correct most of the time in predicting Super Bowl winners?

KCrockaholic
08-12-2010, 11:22 PM
Isn't Madden correct most of the time in predicting Super Bowl winners?

Yeah, of the game itself. Not predicting the entire season, then the SB.

ForeverChiefs58
08-12-2010, 11:24 PM

If we did, what would it smell like?

KCrockaholic
08-12-2010, 11:24 PM
If we did, what would it smell like?

Berry's and Flowers.

ForeverChiefs58
08-12-2010, 11:27 PM
Berry's and Flowers.

awesome answer! :clap:

HotRoute
08-13-2010, 12:01 AM
Berry's and Flowers.

And he knocks it out of the ballpark. That should become some sort of catchphrase

SAUTO
08-13-2010, 07:24 AM

Why not?

Sofa King
08-13-2010, 07:31 AM
Why not?

He obviously thinks we'll either win more than we lose, or lose more than we win, by quite a ways...

SAUTO
08-13-2010, 07:33 AM
He obviously thinks we'll either win more than we lose, or lose more than we win, by quite a ways...

but for what reason?

NM i know cassel

Sofa King
08-13-2010, 07:53 AM
but for what reason?

NM i know cassel

Well that's probably 1 of 53 reasons.

loochy
08-13-2010, 08:28 AM
It would be nice if the division was that close throughout. That would make for some exciting and interesting football in December.

Skyy God
08-13-2010, 08:37 AM
Flip Denver and Oakland and I think that's probably pretty accurate.

All signs point to Cassel having a competent year (continuity in the offense, new weapons, better coaching, contract year, etc.).

El Jefe
08-13-2010, 08:48 AM
Berry's and Flowers.
:clap:

boogblaster
08-13-2010, 08:49 AM
who knows

Dave Lane
08-13-2010, 09:18 AM
I'm not sure why it's so trendy to say the chiefs suck and will be lucky to win 5 games. I think the low is 5 and the high is 10 with most likely 7-9 wins. Little bad luck 5-6 good luck 9-10.

Its like anyone around here that wants to say there is a chance to be good is treated like a fool. Oh well.

KCrockaholic
08-13-2010, 09:24 AM
I'm not sure why it's so trendy to say the chiefs suck and will be lucky to win 5 games. I think the low is 5 and the high is 10 with most likely 7-9 wins. Little bad luck 5-6 good luck 9-10.

Its like anyone around here that wants to say there is a chance to be good is treated like a fool. Oh well.

That's how CP is. Looking for optimism makes you a "true fan", and "true fans" are looked down upon, and need to die in a fire or run into an AIDS tree.

beach tribe
08-13-2010, 09:33 AM

Yep. Teams go from 4 wins to 8-9-10 every year, and everyone acts like it's impossible. We lost a lot of games by 7-10 or less, absolutely should have beaten Oakland last year, have an easier schedule, and have upgraded the roster significantly. I can EASILY see us winning 8 games.

Does this team still have large holes? Of course, but we are very well good enough to win 8.
As a matter of fact, I would like to make a little wager that we will win at least 7. Who wants to take that bet, and at what stakes?

KCrockaholic
08-13-2010, 09:41 AM
I think it's fair enough to say that the organization did as much as possible to improve this team over one off-season. We either stayed the same, or upgraded at every single position. There isn't one position that anyone can look at and say we got worse.

Sure we needed a NT. We needed another ILB to come in. These are things to look for us to improve upon in 2011. We brought in some amazing coaches. Not just coordinators, but incredible position coaches as well. In particular, Emmitt Thomas.

I don't see how anyone can look at this team, and be totally unhappy with what has been done to improve the team. We drafted the KC fan favorite, Eric Berry.

ChiefsCountry
08-13-2010, 01:09 PM
Lets see we cant stop the run, we have no pass rush and we have Matt Cassel at QB those are the 3 reasons we wont win over 6 games this year.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mecca
08-13-2010, 01:16 PM
When you're front 7 is complete ass and you have a QB who can't consistently throw passes beyond 8 yards it kind of leads people to believing the team won't win many games.

The team has a good secondary, great secondary bad front 7 will get you a bad defense. Every team that plays the Chiefs offense will most likely stack the box and crowd the line and say "Matt Cassel beat us down the field we dare you".

Pitt Gorilla
08-13-2010, 01:21 PM
I didn't get to see a ton of games last year, but Cassel should be better. He's got all of the physical tools and, hopefully, the coaches can bring along the mental aspect.

Mecca
08-13-2010, 01:27 PM
I didn't get to see a ton of games last year, but Cassel should be better. He's got all of the physical tools and, hopefully, the coaches can bring along the mental aspect.

You mean other than the accuracy tool?

cardken
08-13-2010, 03:50 PM
An 8-8 season and missing Playoffs is what I'm hoping for the Chiefs this season. Leave them hungry for the following season, and getting better for a real run. I don't want to "one and done" in the Wild Card slot, if you're not going to make a serious run, stay at home.

sedated
08-13-2010, 03:56 PM
Cassel will be better this year. He went from no weapons and no O-Line to several weapons and an improved O-Line (although its still far from great).

The defense, however, is a huge question mark. Even if Dorsey improves, Crennel turns Hali and DJ into beasts, that still leaves a ton of holes in the front 7.

Mr. Flopnuts
08-13-2010, 04:06 PM
We have an incredibly easy schedule. If this team doesn't get to 8-8, people should start being concerned.

HotRoute
12-08-2010, 03:04 PM
Here goes: The simulation has San Diego winning the division with a 9-7 season. It has the Chiefs coming in a close second at 8-8. It has Denver at 7-9 and Oakland at 5-11.

BUMP

Pasta Little Brioni
12-08-2010, 03:09 PM

Fail.

Tell us wise QB Whisperer, what wisdom did you share with Cassel that lead to his improvement.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-08-2010, 03:10 PM
You mean other than the accuracy tool?

Pocket presence and accuracy cannot be taught or improved. Cassel will always take alot of sacks!!!!!!!

KCrockaholic
12-08-2010, 03:11 PM
BUMP

Madden was wrong. the Chiefs WILL WIN the AFC West.

Tribal Warfare
12-08-2010, 03:12 PM
Fail.

Tell us wise QB Whisperer, what wisdom did you share with Cassel that lead to his improvement.

to shit to average, yep that's franchise with the 3rd easiest schedule in the league

KCrockaholic
12-08-2010, 03:13 PM
to shit to average, yep that's franchise with the 3rd easiest schedule in the league

You can't just be like "yeah I was wrong. And I'm glad I was, Go Chiefs!"?

TheGuardian

Good call man. :rolleyes:

JD10367
Don't tempt fate, they can still reach 8-8...

Pasta Little Brioni
12-08-2010, 03:15 PM

You knew that going in and still failed your heart out.

TheGuardian
12-08-2010, 03:15 PM

Wow. Exactly.

It's like if the chiefs win some assholes become even bigger douches. I wish about half the board would find a new board to troll on and stop pretending they are actually fans.

Tribal Warfare
12-08-2010, 03:16 PM

I was wrong , but Cassel hasn't been the franchise like some make him out to be. he's overhyped game manager , and he's playing like one.

mikey23545
12-08-2010, 03:17 PM
Wow. Exactly.

It's like if the chiefs win some assholes become even bigger douches. I wish about half the board would find a new board to troll on and stop pretending they are actually fans.

Well, Mecca did...

Tribal Warfare
12-08-2010, 03:18 PM
You knew that going in and still failed your heart out.

The defense was what turned it around, I did not expect that corps to play that well.

KCrockaholic
I was wrong , but Cassel hasn't been the franchise like some make him out to be. he's overhyped game manager , and he's playing like one.

This thread has nothing to do with Cassel. It's about the Chiefs team that you completely underestimated. And Thank You.

TheGuardian

How the F can he be overhyped when every media person and fan wanted him replaced for half the season?

Dude you are a ****ing assclown. Your post said "we wouldn't sniff .500". When pointed out that your prediction is fucking stupid, you made excuses rather than say "Glad I was wrong".

Go eat a bag of dicks.

Tribal Warfare
12-08-2010, 03:19 PM
This thread has nothing to do with Cassel. It's about the Chiefs team that you completely underestimated. And Thank You.

PGM made it about Cassel, I was just replying

TheGuardian
12-08-2010, 03:20 PM
Well, Mecca did...

I guess we can give him credit for that.

JD10367
12-08-2010, 03:21 PM
Why y'all picking on one dude for thinking 8-8? Check out the season prediction thread I keep bumping; most people had far more dire predictions.

KCrockaholic
12-08-2010, 03:22 PM
The thing is, Mecca wouldn't be a total douche if he would just come back and actually, I don't know, be a Chiefs fan, and quit acting like a spoiled rotten know-everything child that didn't get what he wanted.

Tribal Warfare
12-08-2010, 03:23 PM
How the F can he be overhyped when every media person and fan wanted him replaced for half the season?

Dude you are a ****ing assclown. Your post said "we wouldn't sniff .500". When pointed out that your prediction is fucking stupid, you made excuses rather than say "Glad I was wrong".

Go eat a bag of dicks.

Serenity now, kid. You may have an incessant urge to use personal attacks for your rebuttal when someone disagrees with you which is fine if you think you are getting your point across, but it's going on deaf ears when you do that.

KCrockaholic
12-08-2010, 03:23 PM

Why y'all picking on one dude for thinking 8-8? Check out the season prediction thread I keep bumping; most people had far more dire predictions.

If you're referring to Trib, this is what he said. He didn't predict 8-8. And I'll say as well, I was maybe wrong. I picked 9-7 for this team, and they are going to beat that also.

TheGuardian
12-08-2010, 03:24 PM
The thing is, Mecca wouldn't be a total douche if he would just come back and actually, I don't know, be a Chiefs fan, and quit acting like a spoiled rotten know-everything child that didn't get what he wanted.

He's not a Chiefs fan. Neither is the OTWP58. When you root for a team to fail, you aren't a fan of that team. This is pretty simple.

KCrockaholic
12-08-2010, 03:26 PM
He's not a Chiefs fan. Neither is the OTWP58. When you root for a team to fail, you aren't a fan of that team. This is pretty simple.

Isn't that just called "draftubaters". Are any of them Chiefs fans, or just know-everything children that didn't get what they wanted?

Pasta Little Brioni
12-08-2010, 03:26 PM

He said they wouldn't sniff 8-8. I brought up Cassel, because he's the dude that spewed his Cassel doesn't have the mental makeup to be an NFL QB BS all last year. That's why I called him out on it.

TheGuardian
12-08-2010, 03:27 PM
He said they wouldn't sniff 8-8. I brought up Cassel, because he's the dude that spewed his Cassel doesn't have the mental makeup to be an NFL QB BS all last year. That's why I called him out on it.

Right. And now he says Cassel is overhyped when the guy was put down on all year until the last 6 weeks or so. It's like he just shits in his hands and types.

Tribal Warfare
12-08-2010, 03:29 PM
Right. And now he says Cassel is overhyped when the guy was put down on all year until the last 6 weeks or so. It's like he just shits in his hands and types.

put down all year? Every CBS broadcast they stroke him off when he's playing not to lose

TheGuardian
12-08-2010, 03:30 PM
put down all year? Every CBS broadcast they stroke him off when he's playing not to lose

Have you watched a single pregame show? Where they all said earlier in the year that the chiefs would not keep winning unless Cassel picked up his game? Well he did that. Why the fuck does he have to be a franchise QB this very season? It takes years to establish yourself as a "franchise QB".

Just shut up faggot.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-08-2010, 03:31 PM

Like it or not, when you put up a 23-4 ratio you are going to gain respect.

Tribal Warfare
12-08-2010, 03:33 PM
Have you watched a single pregame show? Where they all said earlier in the year that the chiefs would not keep winning unless Cassel picked up his game? Well he did that. Why the fuck does he have to be a franchise QB this very season? It takes years to establish yourself as a "franchise QB".

Just shut up faggot.

have you heard the in-game play by play announcers? Jesus it was like that he's second coming of Tom Brady.

Tribal Warfare
12-08-2010, 03:37 PM
Like it or not, when you put up a 23-4 ratio you are going to gain respect.

I'll say this, if he leads the team meaning actually playing like a Franchise QB against SD I'll give him props. Though, if plays like he did in the 1st meeting this season then he's fraud plain and simple.

KCrockaholic
12-08-2010, 03:38 PM
I'll say this, if he leads the team meaning actually playing like a Franchise QB against SD I'll give him props. Though, if plays like he did in the 1st meeting this season then he's fraud plain and simple.

So you're going to judge him off of 1 game?

HotRoute
12-08-2010, 03:40 PM

I couldn't find that one could you please bump it again

Pasta Little Brioni
12-08-2010, 03:41 PM

I'd rather the whole team just play well and come out of SD with a W. Bad things happen when a QB has to "put a team on his back". Heck, look at Rivers against the Faid and Peyton's recent stretch. There is absolutely nothing wrong with playing well while having a strong running game helping out.

The Bad Guy
12-08-2010, 03:42 PM
Tribal, what does your dad think about the QB play?

mikey23545
12-08-2010, 03:44 PM

That's the way to keep moving those goalposts!

Tribal Warfare
12-08-2010, 03:44 PM
So you're going to judge him off of 1 game?

This is the closest team to a playoff caliber competition threat threat left on the schedule, it's at in their house and the Chargers will be pissed because of the Raider loss.

The Bad Guy
12-08-2010, 03:51 PM

You're a fucking clown (yes, I called you a name, fuck yourself).

So basically, you rag on the guy for a year now. You bring up absolutely ridiculous claims about how he's not "mentally tough enough" because you're some little kid karate instructor and you think you're some psychologist.

And now, the kicker of all kickers after the guy has posted a 23-4 TD:INT ratio and is a reason we are 8-4, you pull the gem. "Well, he better play like a franchise guy in this one game, and better not play like he did the first time or he's a fraud." Yep. Since TW's bullshit prediction didn't come to fruition, and his ragging on MC looks hilariously foolish now, nothing like trying to save some face with a "one game, take it or leave it" prediction.

You're the fucking fraud.