PDA

View Full Version : MU Cris Carter thinks Larry Fitzgerald's injury could hurt Matt Leinart

the Talking Can
08-16-2010, 02:44 PM
killing time till work is over....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/16/cris-carter-thinks-larry-fitzgeralds-injury-could-hurt-matt-leinart/

Cris Carter thinks Larry Fitzgerald's injury could hurt Matt Leinart
Posted by Mike Florio on August 16, 2010 4:26 PM ET

Cardinals receiver Larry Fitzgerald suffered a sprained MCL on Saturday night after taking a wicked shot to the knee from Texans safety Eugene Wilson as Fitzgerald fan a crossing pattern.

On Monday's NFL Live, ESPN's Cris Carter -- who has a close relationship with Fitzgerald -- suggested that the hit could hurt the relationship between the man who took the shot and the man who threw the ball.

Said Carter, "In the back of his mind -- he didn't tell me this -- but do you begin to question the arm strength of Matt Leinart? You're coming from playing with Kurt Warner, who has the best timing maybe [of] anybody we've seen [in] the last 20 years. But when you start getting led into safeties, you begin to question that relationship between my quarterback, 'Is he gonna get me hurt?'"

Though Carter was careful to point out that Fitzgerald didn't say that he has concerns about Leinart, Carter said that Fitzgerald did say he's concerned about taking collisions like the one he took on Saturday night.

So if Fitzgerald doesn't want to get hit like that and one of his mentors believes that the hit happened because of the quality of the ball thrown by the quarterback, we've got a feeling that, while Fitzgerald didn't say what Carter said, Fitzgerald likely believes it.

Bowser
08-16-2010, 02:47 PM
Thanks to Cris Carter for speculating that Leinart isn't in the same league as Kurt Warner, only to use the "Hey, this is the feeling I got from Fitzgerald" out. I'm really anticipating Carter's next report confirming that the sun REALLY DOES rise in the east.

Buehler445
08-16-2010, 02:49 PM
LOL. Let him play a game with Cassel. He'll long for Lienart's balls.

Heh. Nuts too while we're at it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hays
08-16-2010, 03:12 PM
Leinart=crappy, time to move on

He hasn't had much pt in the NFL but he has been around a few years and should be ready. At this point if Fitz is worried like that, they better get D Anderson ready to play.

Mr. Laz
08-16-2010, 03:57 PM
Leinart is a dam fine Quarterback and that worthless sack of crap Larry Fitzgerald should be grateful to catch his balls/mecca

Fish
08-16-2010, 03:58 PM
Well... I'd still take Leinart over Cassel...

Bane
08-16-2010, 03:59 PM
Leinart is a dam fine Quarterback and that worthless sack of crap Larry Fitzgerald should be grateful to catch his balls/mecca

ROFLROFLROFL:thumb:

Skyy God
08-16-2010, 04:00 PM
Good thing Fitz was hit by Wilson and not Pollard, otherwise he'd be out for the season.

Mr. Laz
08-16-2010, 04:01 PM
Well... I'd still take Leinart over Cassel...
~mecca approves this message~

Bane
08-16-2010, 04:02 PM
Losing one of the best WR's in the league may hurt your already shady Qb.Hmmmmmmmmm brilliant insight there Mr Carter.

vailpass
08-16-2010, 04:02 PM

LMAO

Coach
08-16-2010, 04:44 PM
Shit, losing Fitzgearld would hurt any QB regardless.
Posted via Mobile Device