PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Q&A with Matt Cassel - 8/18

Tribal Warfare
08-18-2010, 06:34 PM
Q&A with Matt Cassel - 8/18 (http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/QA-with-Matt-Cassel---818/e51dc141-4414-41ce-a4ec-1211d7707190)

Q: How are things going so far?

CASSEL: “You know, I think it’s a work in progress, we’re continuing to work hard each and every day, we’re still grinding. We’re still having two a days as you can see. The offensive unit; we’re just going to keep working and trying to get better and better each week.”

Q: Where are you compared to where you were a week ago? Are you guys further along maybe continuity wise and being able to do things together?

CASSEL: “Well, as an offensive unit, every week you’re trying to work on different things and so this week we’ve had different emphasis and we’re just trying to make progress as an offensive unit as a whole.”

Q: What do you think about being here in St. Joe? You’ve been here for two weeks now, how’s it been?

CASSEL: “It’s been great. The facilities are amazing, the people are great, having all these fans around for each and every practice has been outstanding, and it creates a fun atmosphere for us as players.”

Q: What kind of impact has a guy like Casey Wiegmann had on this unit?

CASSEL: “Casey’s done a great job for us since day one. He’s come in, he’s worked extremely hard, he’s diligent about it, he’s been a great leader in the locker room, and he’s a guy that’s had tremendous success in the NFL, and for a lot of those young guys it’s great to see a guy that’s worked so hard and then comes in and just does his job each and every day.”

Q: Can you imagine a guy that’s taken over a thousand straight snaps? What goes into that?

CASSEL: “I don’t know. You’ve got to be a tough, tough dude to be able to go out there and go up against those big nose guards that they have and be able to grind it out each and every day.”

Q: We heard the coach yell today at somebody out there, the 50-year old running back is finishing every play, you’ve got to finish every play. What does that mean to hear and see Thomas Jones, who is 75 years old do that kind of stuff?

CASSEL: “75, yeah that’s exactly right. He’s getting up there in age, but he looks good for 75, though. It’s great to see him compete each and every day and he’s another guy that comes out and brings that intensity and that enthusiasm. He fires guys up and when you see him finish it gives those younger guys no excuse why they can’t finish each and every play.”

Bwana
08-18-2010, 06:41 PM
This is his crap, or get off the pot year. Get it done Matt, or hit the road.

Bane
08-18-2010, 06:45 PM
This is his crap, or get off the pot year. Get it done Matt, or hit the road.

That's totally unrealistic.He doesn't have 4 pro bowl O Linemen yet /Casshole ball washers.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bwana
08-18-2010, 06:47 PM
That's totally unrealistic,he doesn't have 4 pro bowl O Linemen yet /Casshole ball washers.
Posted via Mobile Device

LMAO

Hey don't get me wrong, I hope the guy makes it, but if he stinks it up again, it's time to give him the boot.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSLWnGutSx6tnP9YuJ8P7aBmWaev4Iw0LUDXEZ7PwF14tiYIKA&t=1&usg=__AXH3r1j7NRzE2DySlOdtoqWj-jg=

Bane
08-18-2010, 06:48 PM
LMAO

Hey don't get me wrong, I hope the guy makes it, but if he stinks it up again, it's time to give him the boot.

He "made" it in NE.He's done IMO.He'll be selling insurance in 3 years.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bwana
08-18-2010, 06:51 PM
He "made" it in NE.He's done IMO.He'll be selling insurance in 3 years.
Posted via Mobile Device

Only if he wants to. That guy will have enough in the bank to live on for the rest of his days, either way.

Bane
08-18-2010, 07:05 PM
Only if he wants to. That guy will have enough in the bank to live on for the rest of his days, either way.

Yeah I know,I'm way too hard on him,but that's just the way it is.I was over on my FB page,and saw the video NFL.com put up of Rodgers hittn the 2 baskets from like 25 yrds.I was just thinking wow!!!!What could have been! Lmao.....
Posted via Mobile Device

MadMax
08-18-2010, 08:18 PM

He needs to step up and be Pioli's bitch for the rest of his life for getting him that kinda scratch :)

Art Vader
08-18-2010, 08:31 PM
Matt Cassel interviews are shitty.

KCBOSS1
08-18-2010, 08:35 PM
He needs to start setting up 3 or 4 "Cassel Chevrolet" dealerships in his home county. He'll always be famous there.

notorious
08-18-2010, 08:51 PM
Yeah I know,I'm way too hard on him,but that's just the way it is.I was over on my FB page,and saw the video NFL.com put up of Rodgers hittn the 2 baskets from like 25 yrds.I was just thinking wow!!!!What could have been! Lmao.....
Posted via Mobile Device

Too hard is just right.

Our fanbase needs to put major pressure on this organization.

milkman
08-18-2010, 08:52 PM
He needs to start setting up 3 or 4 "Cassel Chevrolet" dealerships in his home county. He'll always be famous there.

I believe he's from the LA area, so no, not really.

notorious
08-18-2010, 08:55 PM

He could sell Berretas for top dollar and fuck the customer on the trade.

Fish
08-18-2010, 09:02 PM
Another thing Cassel really sucks at...... interviewing...

I don't think I've heard one single heart-felt passionate statement from him since he's been here. It's all generic coach speak. Almost like he'd been rehearsing it. Meaningless babble.

DeezNutz
08-18-2010, 09:04 PM
I don't think I've heard one single heart-felt passionate statement from him since he's been here.

You're clearly forgetting the earnestness in his voice when he claimed that he graded out perfectly after turning the ball over repeatedly in a game last season. It takes heart to try to sell that shit.

Rasputin
08-19-2010, 12:17 AM
[QUOTE=Tribal Warfare;6941874] Q&A with Matt Cassel - 8/18 (http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/QA-with-Matt-Cassel---818/e51dc141-4414-41ce-a4ec-1211d7707190)

Q: How are things going so far?

CASSEL: “You know, I think it’s a work in progress,

Has he been on Chiefs Planet? :hmmm: