PDA

View Full Version : Football LeGarrette Blount deja vu

Mr. Laz
08-19-2010, 08:43 AM
LeGarrette Blount Apologizes for Punching Teammate (http://www.macsfootballblog.com/2010/08/legarrette-blount-apologizes-for.html)

Towards the end of Wednesday night's practice, Tennessee Titans rookie running back LeGarrette Blount threw a punch at defensive end Eric Bakhtiari.

Titans practice last night was described as "intense" before Blount's punch occurred, and this likely wouldn't be an issue if it weren't for Blount being suspended for most of his senior season at the University of Oregon after sucker-punching a Boise State player last September.

Blount apologized to Fisher afterward (http://nashvillecitypaper.com/content/sports/titans-rookie-has-tongues-wagging-chooses-not-listen).

"I apologized to him (Fisher) and to the rest of my coaches," Blount said. "I promised to him that that was behind me and it’s in my past. It just came up again, and I got into one of those situations where the defense pushed me too far. But with training camp being the way it is, everything being as intense as it is and me being a rookie--it was something I shouldn’t have done but I did it anyway."

Fights occur all the time during training camp, and as last night's episode of "Hard Knocks" showed, sometimes they're staged by the coaches to gauge a player's reaction. That doesn't appear to be the case with Blount, who Fisher defended after practice.

"I am not disappointed (in Blount) whatsoever (http://www.tennessean.com/article/20100819/SPORTS01/8190359/1027)," Fisher said. "His past is his past. Is that the first punch you've seen at camp this year? No. OK. I am not disappointed whatsoever. I have great confidence in the young man that he has learned from his mistake and is very competitive."

Jim Wyatt of The Tennessean notes that Blount missed Monday and Tuesday's practice to attend his grandmother's funeral.

Reerun_KC
08-19-2010, 08:49 AM
Not surprised...

MMXcalibur
08-19-2010, 08:56 AM
The whole team should use his stupid ass as a punching bag for 15 minutes.

CaliforniaChief
08-19-2010, 08:56 AM
It's amazing how 1 decision (the Boise State fight) made over the course of a few seconds can completely change (and in this case destroy) a person's life.

Reerun_KC
08-19-2010, 09:09 AM
It's amazing how 1 decision (the Boise State fight) made over the course of a few seconds can completely change (and in this case destroy) a person's life.

Just a guess, but I doubt that one stupid act after the Boise game was the only stupid act Blunt has done in his life...

the Talking Can
08-19-2010, 09:13 AM
camp fight...get over it

CaliforniaChief
08-19-2010, 09:28 AM
Just a guess, but I doubt that one stupid act after the Boise game was the only stupid act Blunt has done in his life...

I'm sure you're right...but that fight all but ended his last year and cemented his reputation. And now because of that fight, a normal training camp incident is magnified 100 times.

The Franchise
08-19-2010, 09:28 AM
"I am not disappointed (in Blount) whatsoever," Fisher said. "His past is his past. Is that the first punch you've seen at camp this year? No. OK. I am not disappointed whatsoever. I have great confidence in the young man that he has learned from his mistake and is very competitive."

This is all that matters. Fisher is over it.....

the Talking Can
08-19-2010, 09:29 AM
great response by fisher

Thig Lyfe
08-19-2010, 09:30 AM
Blount is a hothead, but by no means do I think he's a bad guy. That Boise St. douche deserved that punch, and I think Blount was wrongly vilified for delivering it.

He has to control himself better, but he's no criminal.

-King-
08-19-2010, 09:33 AM
Its a camp fight. Not even close to the big deal you guys are making it out to be.

Eric Berry got onto a camp fight too
Posted via Mobile Device

Brock
08-19-2010, 09:42 AM
Its a camp fight. Not even close to the big deal you guys are making it out to be.

Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah, given the guy's history, it's nothing to worry about. No sir.

Mr. Laz
08-19-2010, 09:43 AM

Posted via Mobile Device
you're so smart and mature

Consistent1
08-19-2010, 09:55 AM
Whatever, if your helmet is getting ripped off on consecutive plays by your own team, you prolly should get a little pissed. If he were to go fight at a bar, party, something like that, then it would be a problem. I would be telling him not to be hitting guys in the helmet though. At least he didn't get injured doing that.

Demonpenz
08-19-2010, 10:22 AM
everyone deserves to be punched for the actions against blunt. It's too bad he is living in this day and age.

-King-
08-19-2010, 10:22 AM
Yeah, given the guy's history, it's nothing to worry about. No sir.

His history? Wtf he had 1 incident prior to this iirc.
Posted via Mobile Device

Brock
08-19-2010, 10:32 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

He committed assault and battery on national television and if he hadn't been restrained, he would have done more than that. Don't be a fucking moron.

-King-
08-19-2010, 10:39 AM
He committed assault and battery on national television and if he hadn't been restrained, he would have done more than that. Don't be a fucking moron.

:spock:
Posted via Mobile Device

vailpass
08-19-2010, 10:39 AM
Stupid ****

vailpass
08-19-2010, 10:40 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

How many 'punching another player' incidents do you consider to be too many?

LiL stumppy
08-19-2010, 10:47 AM
Not a big deal, dude punched another guy, who cares.. Doesn't make him a horrible person..

Also, it's a camp fight. They happen a lot, even Fisher said it wasn't a big deal.

Bane
08-19-2010, 10:59 AM
I wish God McAngels would tell LeGarrette Blount that he owns him when they go to TN.ROFL

suds79
08-19-2010, 11:02 AM
Not a big deal, dude punched another guy, who cares.. Doesn't make him a horrible person..

Also, it's a camp fight. They happen a lot, even Fisher said it wasn't a big deal.

Exactly. Would even be a story if it were anybody else.

No big deal IMO.

Brock
08-19-2010, 11:03 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

English, do you speak it?

Brock
08-19-2010, 11:03 AM
Exactly. Would even be a story if it were anybody else.

No big deal IMO.

Right, and a man smoking crack wouldn't really be a story if it wasn't Michael Irvin.

-King-
08-19-2010, 11:06 AM

I dont know, but this is a fucking training camp fight. There are some on every single team.
Posted via Mobile Device

LiL stumppy
08-19-2010, 11:09 AM

LOL It's not soccer dude.. He punched a guy, he didnt freaking stab him.

DaneMcCloud
08-19-2010, 11:16 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

You need to change your username to KcChiefsKingRetard

-King-
08-19-2010, 11:20 AM

Ok, DoucheMcBag.

DaneMcCloud
08-19-2010, 11:26 AM
Ok, DoucheMcBag.

:doh!:

Mr. Laz
08-19-2010, 11:56 AM

Also, it's a camp fight. They happen a lot, even Fisher said it wasn't a big deal.Exactly. Would even be a story if it were anybody else.

No big deal IMO.
but that's just the point, isn't it.

After all that that the first punch cost Blount in college, he did it again.

how big of a dumbass would you have to be to do it again?

a big dumbass or a temper that you just can't control.

Titty Meat
08-19-2010, 11:57 AM

This.

J Diddy
08-19-2010, 12:28 PM
Ok, DoucheMcBag.

Perhaps is this a new thing from mcdonalds to attract the older crowd?

Titty Meat
08-19-2010, 12:29 PM
And Blount was suspended before he punched the dude last year. He's got issues.

LiL stumppy
08-19-2010, 01:04 PM
but that's just the point, isn't it.

After all that that the first punch cost Blount in college, he did it again.

how big of a dumbass would you have to be to do it again?

a big dumbass or a temper that you just can't control.

Do you honestly think he is the only one who has punched more than 1 person in a game or practice in the NCAA and the NFL?

Seriously, think about it...

The ONLY reason this is news is because his first innocent happened to be cought on national TV..

I can name 3 guys in a heart beat that got in fights every week with other teamates in HIGHSCHOOL.

He's a grown man, he's get a temper problem.

Not a big deal, end of story.

Mr. Laz
08-19-2010, 01:14 PM
Do you honestly think he is the only one who has punched more than 1 person in a game or practice in the NCAA and the NFL?

Seriously, think about it...

The ONLY reason this is news is because his first innocent happened to be cought on national TV..

I can name 3 guys in a heart beat that got in fights every week with other teamates in HIGHSCHOOL.

He's a grown man, he's get a temper problem.

Not a big deal, end of story.
irrelevant whether more people have punched anyone or not.

lots of people smoke pot but you gotta be pretty dam stupid to do right before you know you're going to get tested at the combine.

Blount got all sorts of shit(fair or not) about that punch ..... and yet he did it again.

The last thing Blount should do is punch someone. :shake:

he is either stupid beyond belief or can't control his temper.

DaneMcCloud
08-19-2010, 01:14 PM

I'm betting it's a lot of both

LiL stumppy
08-19-2010, 01:44 PM
irrelevant whether more people have punched anyone or not.

lots of people smoke pot but you gotta be pretty dam stupid to do right before you know you're going to get tested at the combine.

Blount got all sorts of shit(fair or not) about that punch ..... and yet he did it again.

The last thing Blount should do is punch someone. :shake:

It's very realvent. He is one of many. Not a big deal.

I am not saying he's not dumb for doing it, but its not worthy of news.. Not even worthy of having 3 pages of replys on this thread.

Mr. Laz
08-19-2010, 02:10 PM
It's very realvent. He is one of many. Not a big deal.

I am not saying he's not dumb for doing it, but its not worthy of news.. Not even worthy of having 3 pages of replys on this thread.
it wouldn't be 3 pages except for people like yourself who refuse to see the point.

it should of be a "Ha Ha ha ... dumbass did it again!!" 10 posts max thread that ends up turning into a random pictures or something ... but NOOOOOOOOOOOO. :doh!:

Blount is like a moron who keep sticking his finger in a light socket but can't figure out why his hand hurts.

it's not WHAT he did, it's that he did it again.

LiL stumppy
08-19-2010, 02:17 PM
it wouldn't be 3 pages except for people like yourself who refuse to see the point.

it should of be a "Ha Ha ha ... dumbass did it again!!" 10 posts max thread that ends up turning into a random pictures or something ... but NOOOOOOOOOOOO. :doh!:

Blount is like a moron who keep sticking his finger in a light socket but can't figure out why his hand hurts.

Obviously your the one who doesn't understand.

He is one of MANY who has done it MORE than once. The only reason this is news is because one time it happened on national TV.

Happens every week in football. Not.An.Issue

Consistent1
08-19-2010, 02:19 PM

A lot of people aren't going to agree with your shit here bro. Taking a shot at somebody after a game is not remotely in the ballpark with hitting a guy with a fucking helmet on after yours gets ripped off on two straight plays. What you posted wasn't even the whole story in that regard. I am not taking up for the kid in particular, don't have any idea what he is like. I do know he is an undrafted guy trying to make a team with one of the best RB's going. WTF is he supposed to do, not show any fire? He may be an ass, but not for this.

Thig Lyfe
08-19-2010, 02:20 PM
Have we forgotten that the guy Blount punched was obviously a total douchebag who was taunting and provoking him after a tough loss?

The whole thing is wildly overstated.

kcxiv
08-19-2010, 02:23 PM

depends on how good he is. IF he's really good, then probably a few. Its a punch, everyone has taken a punch in life. You move on.

A punch isnt shit really, its alot better then being shot at. Which i have been involved in a few times during my younger years. So for me, a punch is no big deal at all.

Consistent1
08-19-2010, 02:28 PM
Blount caps night practice by punching teammate

By TERESA M. WALKER, AP Sports Writer 5 hours, 27 minutes ago

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP)—This punch won’t be so costly for LeGarrette Blount(notes).

The rookie running back capped off a feisty night practice for the Tennessee Titans with a short punch to the helmet of defensive end Eric Bakhtiari(notes) a few moments after having his own helmet ripped off for the second time in as many plays.

Blount had just returned to the Titans on Wednesday night after being excused since Sunday for personal reasons. He was carrying the ball in a drill near the goal line when his helmet came off, and he kept his feet moving toward the end zone.
AdChoices

The play ended with some pushing and shoving, then Blount threw a right into Bakhtiari’s facemask. Blount quickly talked to coach Jeff Fisher before leaving the field.

“He apologized, and I said he didn’t have to apologize,” Fisher said. “It’s football. It’s training camp.”

Blount was suspended by the University of Oregon for eight games of last season for punching Boise State defensive end Byron Hout after a game on Sept. 3. Without much of a senior season, Blount went undrafted.

The Titans, having traded away LenDale White(notes), brought in Blount as a free agent.

On the play that sparked Wednesday’s scuffle, Blount said his helmet had been intentionally pulled off the play before. A new NFL rule going into effect this season stops the play when a player’s helmet comes off. Then his helmet came off again. Blount said he apologized to Fisher because he had promised the coach his fighting days were behind him.

“That was my past. It just came up again. I got into one of those situations where the defense pushed me too far. With training camp and everything going the way it is and being as intense as it is and me being a rookie, it was just something I shouldn’t have done. But I did it,” Blount said.

Fisher downplayed the punch.

“His past is his past. Is that the first punch you’ve seen in camp this year? No. I’m not disappointed whatsoever. I have great confidence in the young man that he learned from his mistake, and he’s very competitive. That’s why we brought him in here is to watch him run the football like that,” Fisher said.

Bakhtiari, with a towel draped over his head, declined to comment to reporters in the locker room.

The Titans originally had been scheduled to practice outdoors under the lights at LP Field in a closed session. Heavy rains predicted to drop at least 4 inches of rain onto the field prompted Fisher to move the practice back to the team’s headquarters, and they worked inside under the lights.

It was an intense physical practice with Vince Young(notes) yelling at receivers not getting to balls, and he even got popped himself once by safety Michael Griffin(notes). Fisher said it was the kind of session his team needed during essentially the last long week of training camp.

The Titans’ preseason opener is Monday against Arizona, then the teams hold a joint practice two days later before Tennessee wraps up training camp.

Fullback Ahmard Hall(notes) called Blount’s reaction just the intensity of training camp.

“If anybody else was to get mad, there wouldn’t be a question. It would just be a guy getting mad. LeGarrette Blount gets mad, everybody wants to bring up his past. Guys pushed him. He reacted. It has nothing to do with what happened to him in the past,” Hall said.

Notes: Starting right tackle David Stewart(notes) missed most of the practice after getting nicked above his left eye. He had to leave the field and got seven stitches. … Defensive end Jacob Ford(notes) didn’t finish practice after hurting a leg.

-King-
08-19-2010, 02:31 PM
Blount caps night practice by punching teammate

By TERESA M. WALKER, AP Sports Writer 5 hours, 27 minutes ago

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP)—This punch won’t be so costly for LeGarrette Blount(notes).

The rookie running back capped off a feisty night practice for the Tennessee Titans with a short punch to the helmet of defensive end Eric Bakhtiari(notes) a few moments after having his own helmet ripped off for the second time in as many plays.

Blount had just returned to the Titans on Wednesday night after being excused since Sunday for personal reasons. He was carrying the ball in a drill near the goal line when his helmet came off, and he kept his feet moving toward the end zone.
AdChoices

The play ended with some pushing and shoving, then Blount threw a right into Bakhtiari’s facemask. Blount quickly talked to coach Jeff Fisher before leaving the field.

“He apologized, and I said he didn’t have to apologize,” Fisher said. “It’s football. It’s training camp.”

Blount was suspended by the University of Oregon for eight games of last season for punching Boise State defensive end Byron Hout after a game on Sept. 3. Without much of a senior season, Blount went undrafted.

The Titans, having traded away LenDale White(notes), brought in Blount as a free agent.

On the play that sparked Wednesday’s scuffle, Blount said his helmet had been intentionally pulled off the play before. A new NFL rule going into effect this season stops the play when a player’s helmet comes off. Then his helmet came off again. Blount said he apologized to Fisher because he had promised the coach his fighting days were behind him.

“That was my past. It just came up again. I got into one of those situations where the defense pushed me too far. With training camp and everything going the way it is and being as intense as it is and me being a rookie, it was just something I shouldn’t have done. But I did it,” Blount said.

Fisher downplayed the punch.

“His past is his past. Is that the first punch you’ve seen in camp this year? No. I’m not disappointed whatsoever. I have great confidence in the young man that he learned from his mistake, and he’s very competitive. That’s why we brought him in here is to watch him run the football like that,” Fisher said.

Bakhtiari, with a towel draped over his head, declined to comment to reporters in the locker room.

The Titans originally had been scheduled to practice outdoors under the lights at LP Field in a closed session. Heavy rains predicted to drop at least 4 inches of rain onto the field prompted Fisher to move the practice back to the team’s headquarters, and they worked inside under the lights.

It was an intense physical practice with Vince Young(notes) yelling at receivers not getting to balls, and he even got popped himself once by safety Michael Griffin(notes). Fisher said it was the kind of session his team needed during essentially the last long week of training camp.

The Titans’ preseason opener is Monday against Arizona, then the teams hold a joint practice two days later before Tennessee wraps up training camp.

Fullback Ahmard Hall(notes) called Blount’s reaction just the intensity of training camp.

“If anybody else was to get mad, there wouldn’t be a question. It would just be a guy getting mad. LeGarrette Blount gets mad, everybody wants to bring up his past. Guys pushed him. He reacted. It has nothing to do with what happened to him in the past,” Hall said.

Notes: Starting right tackle David Stewart(notes) missed most of the practice after getting nicked above his left eye. He had to leave the field and got seven stitches. … Defensive end Jacob Ford(notes) didn’t finish practice after hurting a leg.

No, Blount is the only guy EVER to be involved in 2 fights in his life.

/CP.

vailpass
08-19-2010, 02:47 PM
depends on how good he is. IF he's really good, then probably a few. Its a punch, everyone has taken a punch in life. You move on.

A punch isnt shit really, its alot better then being shot at. Which i have been involved in a few times during my younger years. So for me, a punch is no big deal at all.

Except this kid has already proven himself to be a bad-character piece of shit. I guess if we were both owners we would see the same player differently, just like it happens in the real NFL. The Raiders might love that behavior, the Steelers might avoid him. (speculating).
Doesn't make either of us wrong, just different.

-King-
08-19-2010, 02:58 PM
Except this kid has already proven himself to be a bad-character piece of shit. I guess if we were both owners we would see the same player differently, just like it happens in the real NFL. The Raiders might love that behavior, the Steelers might avoid him. (speculating).
Doesn't make either of us wrong, just different.

Steelers have a 2 time rapist as their QB...

vailpass
08-19-2010, 03:06 PM
Steelers have a 2 time rapist as their QB...

I don't want to join the crowd that is questioning your mental capacity but you make it awful hard to not do so.

-King-
08-19-2010, 03:27 PM
I don't want to join the crowd that is questioning your mental capacity but you make it awful hard to not do so.

Well, since 2000, more Steelers have been arrested than Raiders... But yeah, they avoid this behavior.

Thig Lyfe
08-19-2010, 03:37 PM
Well, since 2000, more Steelers have been arrested than Raiders... But yeah, they avoid this behavior.

Vailpass doesn't count white arrests.

LiL stumppy
08-19-2010, 04:10 PM
I love how on CP when you don't agree with a poster your the dumbass.. LOL!

So according to vailpass, this kid is a worthless POS that doesn't deserve to be on a team because he has punched two people..

Dude, step back and look at what your saying.

Not to mention the first thing he did was apologize to his coach, yea, what a POS.

chiefzilla1501
08-19-2010, 04:24 PM
I can't believe how much support he's getting over this or how many people suggest it's no big deal.

It shows that he can't control his temper. And that makes him more likely to do it: 1) in a game that either leads to his suspension or leads to a costly penalty, 2) it makes you wonder when it's going to lead to an off-the-field fight.

And by the way, lots of fights and scuffles in training camp. Wonder how many of them involve punching. That's more a question than it is a statement.

Thig Lyfe
08-19-2010, 04:43 PM
Wonder how many of them involve punching. That's more a question than it is a statement.

It's easier to just use a question mark.

-King-
08-19-2010, 04:57 PM

LMAOLMAOLMAO

Brock
08-19-2010, 05:01 PM

So according to vailpass, this kid is a worthless POS that doesn't deserve to be on a team because he has punched two people..

Not to mention the first thing he did was apologize to his coach, yea, what a POS.

The first thing he did last time was apologize to his coach too. So what?

Bane
08-19-2010, 05:50 PM

:thumb:Or.

I love it when they start a answer/opinion post with..........Anyone that thinks different than ME is RETARDED....ROFLROFLROFL

chiefzilla1501
08-19-2010, 07:55 PM

You complete me?

big nasty kcnut
08-19-2010, 08:06 PM
eric berry got in a fight after that they had to get 50 bodybag for the carnage eric berry gave.

Mr. Laz
08-20-2010, 11:45 AM
Report: Blount inadvertently punched Oregon coach in '08
NFL.com Wire Report
Published: <abbr id="article-time" class="value" title="2010-08-20T10:09:00-0700">
</abbr><abbr id="article-updatedtime" class="value" title="2010-08-20T10:26:51-0700"> Aug. 20, 2010 at 01:26 p.m. </abbr>

The Tennessee Titans (http://www.nfl.com/teams/tennesseetitans/profile?team=TEN) brushed off rookie LeGarrette Blount (http://www.nfl.com/players/legarretteblount/profile?id=BLO626278)'s latest haymaker (http://www.nfl.com/trainingcamp/story/09000d5d819dc2e9/article/titans-downplay-blount-punching-teammate-at-practice), blaming the heat of training-camp battle for his swing at a teammate earlier this week.

But it's not the first time Blount has lost his cool on the field. Evidently, it's not even the second.

..... the running back also took a swing at two Ducks teammates during a 2008 practice. Unfortunately for then-Ducks coach Mike Belotti, Blount's punch connected with him instead. ....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d819e4b76/article/report-blount-inadvertently-punched-oregon-coach-in-08

Demonpenz
08-20-2010, 01:13 PM
anyone see the punch of this second time? It wasn't like in the heat of a block or play it looked like he had plenty of time to defuse still took a swing

vailpass
08-20-2010, 01:15 PM

If problem employees are your thing go right ahead and hire them.
Metrics don't lie.

Bob Dole
08-20-2010, 01:28 PM
If problem employees are your thing go right ahead and hire them.
Metrics don't lie.

As a bonus, all multiples and submultiples are related to the fundamental unit by factors or powers of ten.

vailpass
08-20-2010, 01:32 PM
As a bonus, all multiples and submultiples are related to the fundamental unit by factors or powers of ten.

I'll need to run that by Bob in Accounting.

Demonpenz
08-20-2010, 01:34 PM
lets not forget that Derrick Thomas got multiple penalty's over and over for dragging the opposing teams facemask, and he ended up dying.

Bane
08-20-2010, 04:11 PM
Funny how he keeps punching the goofy looking white guys!Bwaaaaaaaaaaa!
Posted via Mobile Device