PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Alas, T-Rich, we STILL miss you!

AirForceChief
08-19-2010, 03:20 PM
Great read on the best fullback in FB at:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703649004575437581697437158.html

One of my favorite parts:

"Mr. Richardson is a fullback, which is one of the NFL's truly thankless jobs—and, in many corners of the league, a lost art. He blocks for the running back, protects the quarterback in passing situations and might as well show up for work with a lunch pail. But there are moments, rare moments, when a fullback finds scraps of glory.

Such was the case against the Texans, when Mr. Richardson led the way for Mr. Jones and found a safety waiting to make the tackle. So Mr. Richardson did what was necessary: "Tony just annihilated him," said Brian Schottenheimer, the Jets' offensive coordinator."

BossChief
08-19-2010, 03:23 PM
T-rich, Donnie Edwards and Casey Weigman were guys that should have never been let go.

DMAC
08-19-2010, 03:23 PM
T-rich, Donnie Edwards and Casey Weigman were guys that should have never been let go.Yep, we seem to let all of our talented "character" guys go.

BossChief
08-19-2010, 03:28 PM
Yep, we seem to let all of our talented "character" guys go.

not sure Id agree with that, I think those three were anomalies and exceptions to the way we usually do business.

Our problem is getting players, not keeping them.

Those three will always puzzle me as to why we let them go for nothing.

DMAC
08-19-2010, 03:31 PM
not sure Id agree with that, I think those three were anomalies and exceptions to the way we usually do business.

Our problem is getting players, not keeping them.

Those three will always puzzle me as to why we let them go for nothing.Add Barth to the list.

ModSocks
08-19-2010, 03:33 PM
Here's to hoping that the Jets let him go so he can come be a Chief again! i'm sure Thomas Jones wouldn't mind.

kcxiv
08-19-2010, 03:33 PM
He's going to be booted from the JEts soon. There is no way they keep T Rich over John Conner.

ModSocks
08-19-2010, 03:36 PM
He's going to be booted from the JEts soon. There is no way they keep T Rich over John Conner.

I'm really starting to feel like Rex Ryan is one of those coaches that thinks he can plug any player into his schemes and they will work. getting rid of guys like Thomas Jones and T-Rich can't help your running game.

kcxiv
08-19-2010, 03:48 PM
I'm really starting to feel like Rex Ryan is one of those coaches that thinks he can plug any player into his schemes and they will work. getting rid of guys like Thomas Jones and T-Rich can't help your running game.

Have you seen John Conner on hard knocks? the dude knocks EVERYONE around. he just blows shit up. You dont get rid of a kid thats people are saying is doing better then T Rich at this point. You cant really hold 2 fullbacks. He wont last the waiver wire. Sometimes you have to take a chance on the young guys.

Rain Man
08-19-2010, 03:50 PM
The article also gives props to another former Chief.

That's right. Kendrell Bell.

ModSocks
08-19-2010, 03:52 PM
Have you seen John Conner on hard knocks? the dude knocks EVERYONE around. he just blows shit up. You dont get rid of a kid thats people are saying is doing better then T Rich at this point. You cant really hold 2 fullbacks. He wont last the waiver wire. Sometimes you have to take a chance on the young guys.

Im not saying Conner isn't a good player. But if you keep removing pieces of a successful run game, it's bound to explode in your face at some point. I just want T-Rich to come back to KC and finish his career by opening up lanes for Charles and Jones to run through. Im sure cassel wouldn't mind either.

BossChief
08-19-2010, 03:55 PM
Add Barth to the list.

:spock:

hell to the no, but I will add Pollard and hopefully we don't add DJ after this year.

kcxiv
08-19-2010, 04:31 PM
Im not saying Conner isn't a good player. But if you keep removing pieces of a successful run game, it's bound to explode in your face at some point. I just want T-Rich to come back to KC and finish his career by opening up lanes for Charles and Jones to run through. Im sure cassel wouldn't mind either.

Well, from what they are showing, he's younger, hits harder and the coaches are loving him. What if he's better? or has the chance as the year goes on to be better, then its the right choice. You dont draft the guy who shows alot of promise and give him the boot over a 37 year old fullback.

T Rich is one of the best fullbacks to ever do it, but he's 37.

KCrockaholic
08-19-2010, 04:35 PM
T Rich is one of the best fullbacks to ever do it, but he's 37.

Actually he is going to be turning 39 this year.

Baby Lee
08-19-2010, 04:38 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0oMO9CfG03A?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0oMO9CfG03A?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Watch the guy in the 3-point stance in FRONT of Mr. Holmes.

The play at 6:05 was when I knew I was in love.

Bowser
08-19-2010, 04:50 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0oMO9CfG03A?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0oMO9CfG03A?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I miss that entire offense. We had no idea just had good we had it, did we?

Fish
08-19-2010, 04:50 PM
<object width="480" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0oMO9CfG03A?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></object>

Hell yeah. Count how many time he blocked 2 different defenders on all those plays. Holy shit. You just don't see that anymore...

Hydrae
08-19-2010, 05:02 PM
Carl let him walk because he was over the hill in RB years. It is incredible the man is playing that position at that age.

FAX
08-19-2010, 05:05 PM

Love it. Miss it. Damn it.

You know, I wonder how that offense ranks in "Red Zone" efficiency ... in the history of the league, I mean. It would have to be right up there among the top ... at least for those two years or so.

FAX

FAX
08-19-2010, 05:08 PM
Hell yeah. Count how many time he blocked 2 different defenders on all those plays. Holy shit. You just don't see that anymore...

It was a deadly combination. The maneuverability of the linemen, the power and vision of T-Rich, and the patience of Priest to follow his blocks.

Devastating.

FAX

ElGringo
08-19-2010, 05:33 PM
What I saw in that video was everyone "carrying lunch boxes". It amazes me there was not one player on that team that was too good to block (even though Green should have never blocked anyone). That is something I miss, and don't see anywhere now, the workhorse attitude.

Psyko Tek
08-19-2010, 05:44 PM

oh crap
he is the best at what he does

teedubya
08-19-2010, 06:00 PM
IMO that is more a T Rich highlight video instead of a Priest Holmes video. How did Carl NOT pay him that ONE fucking million bucks? Dumb ass.

teedubya
08-19-2010, 06:01 PM
T-rich, Donnie Edwards and Casey Weigman were guys that should have never been let go.

Id add Jared Allen to that list.

FAX
08-19-2010, 06:38 PM
IMO that is more a T Rich highlight video instead of a Priest Holmes video. How did Carl NOT pay him that ONE ****ing million bucks? Dumb ass.

It wasn't even a million (if memory serves). The difference between them was 500k. The Vikes paid it.

At least Carl said T-Rich could have a job in the front office someday.

What a putz.

FAX

ForeverChiefs58
08-19-2010, 07:42 PM
Wow. PH sure was special too. Hope charles ends up just like him.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cJ5Q4wLtNDQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cJ5Q4wLtNDQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

milkman
08-19-2010, 07:53 PM

Edwards was a nice role player.
Nothing more.

Damn good n coverage, and fast to the ballcarrier against the run.

The problem was, and this pissed me off no end, he simply rode that ballcarrier like a rodeo bronco buster.

He shoulda been a Cowboy.

I want LBs that knock RBs on their ass.

Rasputin
08-19-2010, 08:15 PM
Edwards was a nice role player.
Nothing more.

Damn good n coverage, and fast to the ballcarrier against the run.

The problem was, and this pissed me off no end, he simply rode that ballcarrier like a rodeo bronco buster.

He shoulda been a Cowboy.

I want LBs that knock RBs on their ass.

Kind a like a Mike Maslowski? Thought he was a hell of a hitter. Too bad he got hurt after we were 9&0 then happen to go 3&3 & couldn't stop the Colts for ONE measly play in the playoffs :banghead:

LaChapelle
08-19-2010, 08:17 PM
My favorite Chief
but he's still just an old full back

milkman
08-19-2010, 08:21 PM
Kind a like a Mike Maslowski? Thought he was a hell of a hitter. Too bad he got hurt after we were 9&0 then happen to go 3&3 & couldn't stop the Colts for ONE measly play in the playoffs :banghead:

Maz was pure heart and hustle, but he was slow.

He's the everyman that every man likes.

Another good role player, but again, nothing more than that.

If you could combine him with Edwards, then you'd have a hell of a LB.

Rain Man
08-19-2010, 08:32 PM

The 6:05 play was exactly the play that came to my mind even before seeing the video. Incredible blocking play.

Rain Man
08-19-2010, 08:35 PM
What I saw in that video was everyone "carrying lunch boxes". It amazes me there was not one player on that team that was too good to block (even though Green should have never blocked anyone). That is something I miss, and don't see anywhere now, the workhorse attitude.

The interesting thing to me is that as much as we (rightfully) idolize Willie Roaf, they ran to the right just as often as the left. Tait may not have been the best left tackle, but he was a great right tackle in that offense. And when you have Roaf on the left side and Shields on the right side, you're sitting pretty. Not to mention stacking Gonzalez and Dunn somewhere and then sending Richardson over. That run offense was merciless.

notorious
08-19-2010, 08:36 PM

1:17

Pulling linemen.

Holy fucking shit!

That was the game Pitt jumped out big on us and we took their momentum and stuck it up their ass sideways.

mcaj22
08-19-2010, 09:21 PM
I don't think there is a current lineman, TE or FB on our team that could pull and make a caravan of blockers like that. They would get blown up in the backfield. I miss talent.

FAX
08-19-2010, 09:22 PM
I've been looking around, but can't find any historical NFL stats on "Red Zone Efficiency".

I have to surmise, however, that those Chiefs (for those couple of years) had to be one of the best - if not the absolute best - Red Zone offenses in league history. That run game was that good.

FAX

Rasputin
08-19-2010, 09:34 PM
Maz was pure heart and hustle, but he was slow.

He's the everyman that every man likes.

Another good role player, but again, nothing more than that.

If you could combine him with Edwards, then you'd have a hell of a LB.

I liked Scott Fujita, he was a young aspiring LB. Made mistakes like most of them but he could play well and I still don't understand why Carl Traded him for a 6th rd pick to the Cowgirls. He went on to help the Saints win a SB. Not that he is any thing special, but am wandring Milkman your opinion of him when he was a Chief? .

And I loved the roar of the croud F U J I T A when he made a big play.

Bowser
08-19-2010, 09:38 PM
IMO that is more a T Rich highlight video instead of a Priest Holmes video. How did Carl NOT pay him that ONE fucking million bucks? Dumb ass.AND he paid LJ while trading Jared Allen. FH(is)L.