PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs In Prison, Vick Dreamed of Playing for Chiefs

NIUhuskies
08-21-2010, 07:59 AM
saw this on arrowhead pride...interesting

This story isn't quite what you think it is.

While in Leavenworth Federal Prison, Michael Vick watched NFL games whenever he could. Because Leavenworth, KS is less than an our from Kansas City, the games on TV were always the Kansas City Chiefs.

Vick recently said that when he thought of playing football again, it was in red.

"When I imagined myself playing again, it was always for the Chiefs," Vick told Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer.

I don't think the Chiefs would be interested in signing Vick. Hey, they've proven me wrong before but it doesn't exactly seem like a match made in heaven.

Next week, the Eagles will visit the Chiefs in their third preseason games 15 months since Vick left Leavenworth Federal Prison.

"There will definitely be a moment of reflection," Vick said. "I think I'll be thinking about how I always hoped I would get that second chance and prayed every time that I was watching those games that I would be allowed to play again."

(H/T Arrowheadlines)

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/

Baby Lee
08-21-2010, 08:01 AM
What was it 1-5 w/2 Ints?

Marcellus
08-21-2010, 08:03 AM
Puke

KCFalcon59
08-21-2010, 08:04 AM
What was it 1-5 w/2 Ints?

Yeah, but the important thing is no dogs were injured or killed during the game. It's a process.

Phobia
08-21-2010, 08:10 AM
What a coincidence. While Vick was in prison I dreamed of seeing him run around Arrowhead as well. Just before the angry pack of hungry pitbulls caught up to him and ripped him limb from limb. It's funny sometimes how dreams can be so intertwined with people you care about.

LaChapelle
08-21-2010, 08:17 AM
Strange -While McIntosh was playing for the Chiefs
he thought it was a nightmare and felt like a jailhouse bitch
paying for his bunkmate's cigarettes with his face down pillow

Bearcat2005
08-21-2010, 08:43 AM
My first thought is why do taxpayers pick up the dime for TV in prison?

milkman
08-21-2010, 08:48 AM

You can't expect convicted felons to live without the essentials in life, like TV.

That would just be inhumane.

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-21-2010, 08:50 AM
Vick > Cassel :doh!:

wazu
08-21-2010, 08:53 AM

No kidding! This story is odd on several levels. Did he just become a fan and get swept up in Chiefs mania while we were going 2-14? Are there others in Leavenworth just like him? Maybe this could be a new pipeline of talent for the Chiefs.

milkman
08-21-2010, 08:54 AM
Vick > Cassel :doh!:

No, he really isn't.

teedubya
08-21-2010, 08:55 AM
i figured this would be the case... and stated so a few times. The dude was in Leavenworth and could ONLY see Chiefs games. Plus they sucked, so he would have thought he could have come into help them.

I for one would have welcomed Vick to the team, we need playmakers.

Fuck Dogs. Ooo, oooo, oooo

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-21-2010, 08:56 AM
No, he really isn't.

You are kidding right !

MOhillbilly
08-21-2010, 08:57 AM
heads, big rocks into little rocks.

Fish
08-21-2010, 08:59 AM
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/2209/35210456125x1252708826.png

milkman
08-21-2010, 09:00 AM
You are kidding right !

No, I'm not.

The guy still can't read a defense, is still inaccurate, and has lost a step or two.

The only thing he has that Cassel doesn't is arm strength, which means he rockets those interceptions.

Their level of suckage is roughly the same.

wazu
08-21-2010, 09:01 AM
The only thing he has that Cassel doesn't is arm strength, which means he rockets those interceptions.

He rocketed one last night. Threw it so hard I thought the CB might not catch it, but it was right in the bread basket.

milkman
08-21-2010, 09:06 AM
He rocketed one last night. Threw it so hard I thought the CB might not catch it, but it was right in the bread basket.

Actually rocketed two interceptions.

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-21-2010, 09:09 AM
No, I'm not.

The guy still can't read a defense, is still inaccurate, and has lost a step or two.

Their level of suckage is roughly the same.

But when you compare the two you have to say Vick brings an added element to the game . In 2006 he rushed for over 1000 yards . In 2009 Cassel was sacked for over 1000 yards. Vick could hit Chambers in stride while Cassel could only his Niswanger in the back of the helment. I don't want Vick but I want something better than Cassel like everyone else.

milkman
08-21-2010, 09:11 AM
But when you compare the two you have to say Vick brings an added element to the game . In 2006 he rushed for over 1000 yards . In 2009 Cassel was sacked for over 1000 yards. Vick could hit Chambers in stride while Cassel could only his Niswanger in the back of the helment. I don't want Vick but I want something better than Cassel like everyone else.

You miss the part where I said he's lost a step or two?

Did you see Gino Atkins chase him down last night?

He no longer brings that element.

I want better than Cassel, but Vick ain't it.

Dante84
08-21-2010, 09:12 AM
I really think it would be humorous if there were "Welcome back, Mike!" -type signs at the game.

That would be clever.

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-21-2010, 09:15 AM
You miss the part where I said he's lost a step or two?

Did you see Gino Atkins chase him down last night?

He no longer brings that element.

I want better than Cassel, but Vick ain't it.

Didn't watch the game last night. I just figured he'd still be better than Cassel because well............ he has dreadlocks ,was in prison, and likes to kill animals.

milkman
08-21-2010, 09:21 AM
Didn't watch the game last night. I just figured he'd still be better than Cassel because well............ he has dreadlocks ,was in prison, and likes to kill animals.

Yeah, I'll give you that Vick doesn't look like a goober.

That is an improvement.

DJJasonp
08-21-2010, 09:25 AM
No kidding! This story is odd on several levels. Did he just become a fan and get swept up in Chiefs mania while we were going 2-14? Are there others in Leavenworth just like him? Maybe this could be a new pipeline of talent for the Chiefs.

Maybe TV in prison is only re-runs.....and he was watching the 2002-2003 chiefs

Bwana
08-21-2010, 09:32 AM
Ron Mexico, no thanks.

http://sportsmedia.ign.com/sports/image/article/602/602086/jersey-of-the-week-ron-mexico-20050406031734738-000.jpg

gblowfish
08-21-2010, 10:21 AM
He probably dreamed of playing center...
because lots of times he was bent over with some guys hands between his legs.

keg in kc
08-21-2010, 10:22 AM
New move by the PR department:

Playing for the Chiefs....it's better than prison rape!

Bane
08-21-2010, 10:26 AM

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL
Str8 up G...

boogblaster
08-21-2010, 10:47 AM
Vick never had sex with any dogs while they were still breathing ....

jAZ
08-21-2010, 11:01 AM

First of all, there's no reason to assume that the TV was taxpayer funded. If it's anything like some of the prison shows, it's possible he had his own TV in the cell. One of my businesses sells supplies to a prison here in Tucson. Included is hair clippers. They sell them to the prisoners to use.

Second, My guess is that TV, exercise equipment, books, games and presumably internet are all part of a strategy that cuts overall security costs by creating incentives that encourage good behavior, reduce violence and tension, keep them them occupied, etc.

kcfanXIII
08-21-2010, 11:11 AM
if vick were to sign with the chiefs, i'd buy season tickets. so i could go to the games with signs with images like this one:
http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/sadreality/photos/gypsy0405.jpg

or this one:
http://www.workingpitbull.com/images/abuse2.jpg

fuck that son of a bitch. i hope he never gets the right to wear the ronald mcdonald red, and mustard yellow.

alnorth
08-21-2010, 11:13 AM
Second, My guess is that TV, exercise equipment, books, games and presumably internet are all part of a strategy that cuts overall security costs by creating incentives that encourage good behavior, reduce violence and tension, keep them them occupied, etc.

That actually isn't a bad argument. Prisoners watching TV = calm zombies who don't feel like doing much but watch more TV. Prisoners without TV = bored thugs who are ready to cut someone and break s***.

cdcox
08-21-2010, 11:56 AM
Puke

That was McNabb.

Thig Lyfe
08-21-2010, 12:00 PM
First of all, there's no reason to assume that the TV was taxpayer funded. If it's anything like some of the prison shows, it's possible he had his own TV in the cell. One of my businesses sells supplies to a prison here in Tucson. Included is hair clippers. They sell them to the prisoners to use.

This post makes way too much sense to be on CP. GET OUT!

Titty Meat
08-21-2010, 12:26 PM
if vick were to sign with the chiefs, i'd buy season tickets. so i could go to the games with signs with images like this one:
http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/sadreality/photos/gypsy0405.jpg

or this one:
http://www.workingpitbull.com/images/abuse2.jpg

**** that son of a bitch. i hope he never gets the right to wear the ronald mcdonald red, and mustard yellow.

:shake:

I didn't want to see that next time post a link you stupid mother fucker.

Mr. Arrowhead
08-21-2010, 01:08 PM
I take Vick over Casshole

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-21-2010, 02:34 PM
I want Cassholi. I want him starting every game and doing his usual bang-up job.

Demonpenz
08-21-2010, 02:42 PM
prison sucks enough without watching the chiefs

Sweet Daddy Hate
08-21-2010, 02:46 PM
prison sucks enough without watching the chiefs

LMAO

Gonzo
08-21-2010, 02:52 PM
I don't know why anyone drools over Vick. If he was really that good, wouldn't he be starting somewhere? You'd think Philly would have traded him by now for a high-end pick because the offers would be rolling in every week.
Posted via Mobile Device

stevieray
08-21-2010, 02:55 PM
I don't know why anyone drools over Vick.
Posted via Mobile Device

I hear that.

notorious
08-21-2010, 02:57 PM
Hmmm.....

One would think that he would have nightmares when it comes to the Chiefs, considering that KC gave him and the Falcons a hardcore anal raping (not unlike the kind he sees in prison) the last time he was in Arrowhead.

kcfanXIII
08-22-2010, 02:32 AM
:shake:

I didn't want to see that next time post a link you stupid mother fucker.

oh they get far worse. and the last time i did this, i posted many more. i won't do that this time, but i feel it's needed, when people start talking about signing the POS, to throw out there some images of what he's responsible for. so go fuck yourself, the next vick thread know that i will do the same thing.

HoneyBadger
08-22-2010, 03:14 AM
That actually isn't a bad argument. Prisoners watching TV = calm zombies who don't feel like doing much but watch more TV. Prisoners without TV = bored thugs who are ready to cut someone and break s***.

Maybe we should let them kill each other, this would be another cost saving technique.

big nasty kcnut
08-22-2010, 03:24 AM
I'd dreamed that Micheal vick gone to arrowhead and derrick johnson sacked him so hard that vick want to slap his momma.

lcarus
01-04-2013, 04:17 PM
No, he really isn't.

Yeah he really is

htismaqe
01-04-2013, 04:20 PM
Yeah he really is

Would you prefer to eat cat shit over eating dog shit?

Shit is shit.

lcarus
01-04-2013, 04:22 PM
Would you prefer to eat cat shit over eating dog shit?

Shit is shit.

I actually think Vick is capable. Im in the minority that would like getting him, as long as we draft a QB in addition

O.city
01-04-2013, 04:24 PM
Can't read defenses, relied on elite athleticism which isn't there anymore and gets beat up a shit ton.

No thanks. Give me a pocket passer with es capability.

memyselfI
01-04-2013, 04:25 PM

Worked for the Raiders...????

htismaqe
01-04-2013, 04:26 PM
Can't read defenses, relied on elite athleticism which isn't there anymore and gets beat up a shit ton.

No thanks. Give me a pocket passer with es capability.

Exactly.

He couldn't read a defense if it was written in 16-point font and spelled "Dick and Jane" style.

His accuracy is beyond erratic.

And his body is starting to break apart.

I'd rather have Alex Smith.

Raiderhater
01-04-2013, 04:26 PM
I actually think Vick is capable. Im in the minority that would like getting him, as long as we draft a QB in addition

Just say no to Vick.

Bwana
01-04-2013, 04:29 PM
Ummm, just say no to the herp that is Ron Mexico.

Rasputin
01-04-2013, 04:33 PM
http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr283/THEKINGBETWEEN/do-not-want-dog.jpg

Thig Lyfe
01-04-2013, 04:38 PM

This works on a number of levels.

KC Hawks
01-04-2013, 04:40 PM
When I was watching the Chiefs this year, I dreamed I was in prison.

silver5liter
01-04-2013, 04:42 PM
When I was watching the Chiefs this year, I dreamed I was in prison.

Because it felt like you were getting anally raped?

listopencil
01-04-2013, 04:43 PM
This isn't surprising. I think most people who have watched the Chiefs play recently are sure they could do a better job at Quarterback.

ChiTown
01-04-2013, 04:45 PM
This works on a number of levels.

a visual double entendre?

memyselfI
01-04-2013, 05:56 PM
I am a huge animal lover. I love animals more than I do most people on this planet...

with that being said, don't want Michael Vick here because he's unproven, inconsistent and a big risk. Not because he participated in horrible, inhumane, criminal activity of which HE PAID HIS DUES. He was sentenced and served time for his crime so I think he deserves a chance to make a living. I just don't happen to want it to be in KC because I think his best playing days are over.

Easy 6
01-04-2013, 06:02 PM
I've forgiven the guy about the dogs, a horrible crime no doubt... but the guy did actual prison time for it and has been a model citizen since then, holding a grudge would be wrong of me.

Having said that, we dont need him in KC... what he needs to do is lobby for carolina, he'd be a PERFECT backup for Newton, similar players in many respects (highly mobile, cannon arms) so the offense wouldnt skip a beat when he came in.

HonestChieffan
01-04-2013, 06:45 PM
Scumbag. Once a scumbag always a scumbag and we dont need to dip into a cesspool to get a washed up QB. If the Chiefs do that I will be majorly disappointed.

bevischief
01-04-2013, 06:46 PM
As a backup and a teacher for Geno only.

lcarus
01-04-2013, 06:50 PM
I dont know why I like Vick as a QB so much. I just have seen his best Isuppose and its always fun to watch. I'm not normally a shallow NFL fan like "Ooh look at the dazzling speed and escapability and rocket arm that is sometimes inaccurate!" I should just keep hoping for Geno...

On a side note, it would be interesting to see how many would turn cold on the Reid hire if he does bring Vick here. Rather it be Vick than Kolb....

Bugeater
01-04-2013, 06:52 PM
I'll never understand the fascination with this guy. He sucks and he's a coach killer. Fuck no.

lcarus
01-04-2013, 06:53 PM
My grandpa had an idea. Let Vick play as long as we win. Once we lose, electrocute him. Like his dogs. I said christ, playing in KC, he'd be dead in a week or two

lcarus
01-04-2013, 06:55 PM
I'll never understand the fascination with this guy. He sucks and he's a coach killer. Fuck no.

He doesnt suck though. 2012 was a shit year for him and Philly for a lot of reasons that werent all his fault. 2011 and 2010 the dude played damn well

SAUTO
01-04-2013, 06:57 PM
No I wanted him when he might have been able to play.

He can't
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
01-04-2013, 06:57 PM
He had more turnovers than Cassel
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Laz
01-04-2013, 07:00 PM
that shit always makes me laugh

LMAO

Mr. Laz
01-04-2013, 07:01 PM
I'll never understand the fascination with this guy. He sucks and he's a coach killer. **** no.

Hey ... we really need to send him a thank you email or something. He helped get us our coach.

houstonwhodat
01-04-2013, 07:16 PM
Vick = Ray Lewis = Thugs

houstonwhodat
01-04-2013, 07:17 PM
I've forgiven the guy about the dogs, a horrible crime no doubt... but the guy did actual prison time for it and has been a model citizen since then, holding a grudge would be wrong of me.

Having said that, we dont need him in KC... what he needs to do is lobby for carolina, he'd be a PERFECT backup for Newton, similar players in many respects (highly mobile, cannon arms) so the offense wouldnt skip a beat when he came in.

That ass clown would be killing dogs right now on a daily basis if he had never gotten caught.

You can bet on it.

Thig Lyfe
01-04-2013, 07:17 PM
a visual double entendre?

Oui.

"Bob" Dobbs
01-04-2013, 07:38 PM
I am a huge animal lover. I love animals more than I do most people on this planet...

with that being said, don't want Michael Vick here because he's unproven, inconsistent and a big risk. Not because he participated in horrible, inhumane, criminal activity of which HE PAID HIS DUES. He was sentenced and served time for his crime so I think he deserves a chance to make a living. I just don't happen to want it to be in KC because I think his best playing days are over.Seriously. I thought you were a Raider fan. I remember reading that on a post from you a few years ago. Or am I just high?

FloridaMan88
01-04-2013, 07:39 PM
Vick is needless drama.

There are other (better) options available to fill the role of a veteran back-up QB.

Mr. Laz
01-04-2013, 08:02 PM
If we draft Geno i want a smart,savvy veteran QB as a backup.

crossbow
01-04-2013, 08:29 PM
I really think it would be humorous if there were "Welcome back, Mike!" -type signs at the game.

That would be clever.

Have him come to town for an interview and book him into a Levenworth motel.

kcfanXIII
01-05-2013, 11:07 AM
nope, 2 years later i still haven't let it go. vick can burn in hell, and i hope someone drowns him when he's done playing. as has been pointed out, he would still be fighting dogs had he not got caught. i don't go around hoping players get injured, but i make an exception for this piece of crap. the sooner someone ends his career, the happier i'll be.

CoMoChief
01-05-2013, 11:09 AM
nope, 2 years later i still haven't let it go. vick can burn in hell, and i hope someone drowns him when he's done playing. as has been pointed out, he would still be fighting dogs had he not got caught. i don't go around hoping players get injured, but i make an exception for this piece of crap. the sooner someone ends his career, the happier i'll be.

(gasp) that's racist!!! /CP

bowener
01-05-2013, 11:18 AM
Geno Smith, backed up by Alex Smith, backed up by 4th round rookie QB prospect to later be traded to a future team for their 2nd.

The story line would be that the Chiefs have two 1st overall picks as QBs. Alex Smith could end up somewhere that is starved for QBs like Jags or AZ tho.

rico
01-05-2013, 11:23 AM
I dont know why I like Vick as a QB so much. I just have seen his best Isuppose and its always fun to watch. I'm not normally a shallow NFL fan like "Ooh look at the dazzling speed and escapability and rocket arm that is sometimes inaccurate!" I should just keep hoping for Geno...

On a side note, it would be interesting to see how many would turn cold on the Reid hire if he does bring Vick here. Rather it be Vick than Kolb....

I'm on the same page as you with Vick. Heck didn't he put up historic number vs. Washington a couple years ago?

I also like and agree with your idea of signing Vick and drafting Geno.

Deberg_1990
01-05-2013, 11:28 AM
Geno Smith, backed up by Alex Smith, backed up by 4th round rookie QB prospect to later be traded to a future team for their 2nd.

The story line would be that the Chiefs have two 1st overall picks as QBs. Alex Smith could end up somewhere that is starved for QBs like Jags or AZ tho.

Actually Alex Smith would probably be a decent fit for Reids West Coast offense. Id be ok with him as a backup. Hes probably going to want to try and find a starting gig somewhere though.

memyselfI
01-05-2013, 12:00 PM

I'd feel the same way too if he hadn't got caught, served time, and been a 'model citizen' since. Look, there are many people out there perpetuating these crimes and will face NO punishment or won't serve jail time. Vick did and brought a high profile face to a terrible and tragic problem. I'm grateful that he was caught and awareness of the crimes of animal abuse was raised by him if nothing else.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-08-2013, 02:29 PM
We'll get our OWN black man, thanks.

blaise
01-08-2013, 02:30 PM

Because one TV is cheaper than hiring 20 guards who would have to deal with inmates with nothing to do.

bowener
01-08-2013, 02:44 PM
Actually Alex Smith would probably be a decent fit for Reids West Coast offense. Id be ok with him as a backup. Hes probably going to want to try and find a starting gig somewhere though.

Where do you think that will happen? I can't imagine the JETS trying to sell him as the answer to their QB woes, but he is far less prone to stupid mistakes than Sanchize is. Maybe the Bucs go after him? Arizona?

philfree
01-08-2013, 02:47 PM

I'm not going to say he can burn in hell but I'm not letting him off the hook either. Besides being a dog killer he's a criminal. There are so many laws that are broke when someone runs an illegal gambling/dog fighting ring that crosses state lines. And how does someone get back in the league after they are caught in an illegal interstate gambling ring? I can't support Mike Vick.

frankotank
01-08-2013, 03:13 PM

wow. I'm.....uh....taken aback!
I'm a dog lover. fo sho. I understand venom, but sheesh! burn in hell? :spock:
you know....there are murderers and rapists in the NFL. dude did his time.

Rain Man
01-08-2013, 03:54 PM
The only value Vick would have on our team would be a one-year starter if we sat our rookie. If he starts, he's not going to teach a rookie quarterback anything, and if he's the backup he's going to be a good teacher or mentor. Bring in as a backup someone who knows the game and can groom the rookie. In other words, Hasselbeck.